Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-01-22 01:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dalmonn Highwind said: »
Started Demon's Souls up again yesterday, after having it for years and only played it for about 20 minutes when I got it.

Played all day, did surprisingly well, only died once, and that was on the Armor Spider boss. I managed to down Phalanx, Tower Knight, Armor Spider, and Flamelurker.

Playing as a Royal, only upgrading my starter gear (Rapier +6 and Buckler +6 currently) until I hit 40 Endurance for the Old King's Armor, which I read is one of the best sets in the game. Also aiming for the Crescent Rapier for the extra MP Regen to stack with the Fragrant Ring I started with.

Pretty proud of myself right now xD

Any tips anyone can offer about anything for a relative newcomer to the game? Builds, armor, weapons, suggested spells/miracles, etc?
In the tower of latria there is a npc who asks you to free him, when you do he gives you a rapier (dagger sized buy still a rapier) that gives you mp with every attack that I would suggest getting. He also goes to the nexus and sells you stronger spells.

You need to get the key to his cell from farther in the the dungeon and I don't remember the exact steps, I think it was on one of the corpses by the crossbow machine.
Vyrerus said: »
PS3, I agree! I still need to get a copy of Demon Souls.
At one point I know it was free on PSN if you were PSN+, no idea if that persists or it was a limited time thing though.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-22 01:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a limited time, its not free anymore. And you have to maintain PS+ to play it, when you deactivate the games go away.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-22 03:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
No one is arguing the PC version is superior in quality or enhancing through modding, but the souls community was popularized on PS3, and is where most of the community remains to this day. That doesn't mean there is no reason to go to other platforms like PC, which offers plenty of benefits on it's own.

Each platform is acceptable to be on, though xbox you'll find to have more hackers than PS3 does, and you'll also have to deal with a "weaker" community than you'd find on PS3 or even PC.

I know Kali. I was just giving reasons toward getting it on PC for that guy. Didn't mean for it to come off the way it did.

Guess I'll get it on PS3.

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Pffft I'm guessing most of you will give up after playing for a bit. It'll just be me all bitter and bumping the thread for pvps lol

Good sir, I am appalled that you have managed to leave me out. *Gauntlet slap*
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2014-01-22 03:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
oh only afro lol

That vid is great.

edit:
post is derping and not letting me post the vid, so have a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-22 04:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aeonknight said: »
Asura.Josiahfk said: »
oh only afro lol

That vid is great.

edit:
post is derping and not letting me post the vid, so have a link
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Leoheart 2014-01-22 06:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an hours worth of gameplay in this vid here (beta demo on ps3), spoilered for spoilers~

Then again it's an old vid so might a repost :(
I never played Dark souls past the second boss so I can't comment on much :<
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-01-22 06:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 for me, although I rarely enjoyed PvP'ing in DS1 due to the latency.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-22 10:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Dalmonn Highwind said: »
Started Demon's Souls up again yesterday, after having it for years and only played it for about 20 minutes when I got it.

Played all day, did surprisingly well, only died once, and that was on the Armor Spider boss. I managed to down Phalanx, Tower Knight, Armor Spider, and Flamelurker.

Playing as a Royal, only upgrading my starter gear (Rapier +6 and Buckler +6 currently) until I hit 40 Endurance for the Old King's Armor, which I read is one of the best sets in the game. Also aiming for the Crescent Rapier for the extra MP Regen to stack with the Fragrant Ring I started with.

Pretty proud of myself right now xD

Any tips anyone can offer about anything for a relative newcomer to the game? Builds, armor, weapons, suggested spells/miracles, etc?
In the tower of latria there is a npc who asks you to free him, when you do he gives you a rapier (dagger sized buy still a rapier) that gives you mp with every attack that I would suggest getting. He also goes to the nexus and sells you stronger spells.

You need to get the key to his cell from farther in the the dungeon and I don't remember the exact steps, I think it was on one of the corpses by the crossbow machine.
Vyrerus said: »
PS3, I agree! I still need to get a copy of Demon Souls.
At one point I know it was free on PSN if you were PSN+, no idea if that persists or it was a limited time thing though.

I completely forgot about PSN. Thank you Ina! Getting NAO!

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-22 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Playin' Demon's Souls for the first time aaaand I gotta say... Boletarian Red Face/Black Knights are much harder than Gwyn Black Knights. :O Holy ***.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-22 17:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If I get it it will be on Xbox, XBL will always be the best.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-22 17:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
I have never seen this before, wow.

Someone just invaded my lvl 55 Ciaran and using quelaag furysword, instant cursed me with one swing in undead burg lol

There are no weapons in the game that normally curse. He was using a hacked weapon.

Make sure you didn't become parasitic too. There is a cursed/parasitic glitch/hack that some people do too. Was it the aura version or did he have to hit you/go right through you?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-01-22 18:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 would be your best bet for any souls game, since that's where the "crowd" is since Demon's Souls was the ps3 exclusive and most of the community stayed on the platform.

PC might be okay when it finally gets released, but that depends greatly on how exploitive hackers can be.
Cause as we all know, Zero hacking happens on Console, None what so ever.

Dark Souls pretty much had zero hacking on Steam, I'd only assume this stay the same if they keep most functions server side when you play online.

Basically, what I'm saying if you're playing on a Console you're doing it wrong.

superior frame rate, superior textures, superior loading, whats not to love?
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-22 19:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
No one is arguing the PC version is superior in quality or enhancing through modding, but the souls community was popularized on PS3, and is where most of the community remains to this day. That doesn't mean there is no reason to go to other platforms like PC, which offers plenty of benefits on it's own.

Each platform is acceptable to be on, though xbox you'll find to have more hackers than PS3 does, and you'll also have to deal with a "weaker" community than you'd find on PS3 or even PC.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-01-22 19:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 would be your best bet for any souls game, since that's where the "crowd" is since Demon's Souls was the ps3 exclusive and most of the community stayed on the platform.

PC might be okay when it finally gets released, but that depends greatly on how exploitive hackers can be.

Dark Souls pretty much had zero hacking on Steam

Basically, what I'm saying if you're playing on a Console you're doing it wrong.

Did we play the same game? I've run into two or three hackers during the near two year run on PS3 Dark Souls. I ran into at least 30 on PC for the 5 or 6 months I actively played it. I lost entire characters to them too.

What's not to love? Smaller community sucks for anyone interested in PvP. PC is currently the smallest community for the Souls series. If it gets cracked within 4 hours like Dark Souls was, hackers will drive people away from it. Again.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-22 19:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god, some of these bosses are just straight unfair >_>; Nothing like Dark Souls.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-22 19:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls pretty much had zero hacking on Steam, I'd only assume this stay the same if they keep most functions server side when you play online.

I dont know, I actually find the kind of low-fi gritty look of the ps3 version somewhat endearing. The pc version is like playing a juiced up emulated version of an old console favorite and it sort of loses its charm.
What makes DS great is the gameplay, Hyperdetailed texture packs and insane high resolution doesn't dramatically improve the experience for me.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-01-22 19:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the grittyness because it's a gritty, brutal game. It doesn't need to be pretty to do what the developers set out to do.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-22 21:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how so many people complain that dark souls 2 looks worse than dark souls 1. Like it even matters, even though I disagree in some aspects. The game looks fine, and the new fighting mechanics are very interesting.

I like that invaders start with -25% HP, and estus flask restores HP slowly instead of almost instant like the player. I also enjoy that ARMOR has stat requirements this time to prevent level 4 ganker/twinker builds (not looking at you josi <_<).

If you use the red soapstone tho you have no handicaps and start on even ground as the player that summoned you to their world, which I love.

I also love the revamps on the stats/attributes. Having AGI mean so much coming into this game, and resistance is now overhauled making it very valuable. It also means that our final builds will be weaker/lower than what we'd have in DS1, since we have to basically round out our corners a bit. Although, going into a straight str build isn't a bad thing either, you'll just be open to other problems.

I also love that if you stagger your enemy by hitting their shield, they are now OPEN to a riposte immediately. So evil... can't hide behind a shield anymore.

Also if your AGI is high enough you can lift your shield up in between swings so you don't get stunlocked into place, which is an "issue" when it comes to PvP in DS2. High AGI builds will be able to lift their shield in time in between hits to lower/prevent the dmg you would have received otherwise, and been stunlocked if you didn't have the AGI to lift your shield fast enough.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-22 21:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

:3
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-22 21:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-22 21:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-01-23 01:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I dont know, I actually find the kind of low-fi gritty look of the ps3 version somewhat endearing. The pc version is like playing a juiced up emulated version of an old console favorite and it sort of loses its charm.
What makes DS great is the gameplay, Hyperdetailed texture packs and insane high resolution doesn't dramatically improve the experience for me.
The Hell? You like it... looking... worse? Does not compute. Well even if you weren't a graphics ***, I'm imagine the PC version would be a winner just for not having a frame rate that jumps all over the place like a kid with ADHD, but hey, whatever yanks your chain.

I mean with the PC version you can turn it down to 1280x720 and put everything to Medium and enforce V-Sync to if you wanted to get that 'PS3' feel to it :P
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-01-23 01:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how so many people complain that dark souls 2 looks worse than dark souls 1. Like it even matters, even though I disagree in some aspects. The game looks fine, and the new fighting mechanics are very interesting.
Personally I like that they are changing things, cause if I wanted to play the exact same game with every sequel, i'd go play Call of Duty.

I'm pretty sure they are the 'CHANGE IS SCARY, I MUST RESIST CHANGE AT ALL COSTS' people, and when they actually play the damned thing they'll love it.
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 224 225 226