Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-02 04:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aeonknight said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
man what a night X_x

after deciding to do the long trek to uncurse myself, and finally getting back to the dungeon, i turn myself human and exit the fire and start running to the boss, 2 rooms away from the fire i get invaded.

guy was toying with me, refused to do ANY dmg to me unless he riposted LOL

was silly :(

afterwards i QQ'd and told him my story about sucking long **** (jk) and this being my first playthough, and he apologized and offered to help me kill the boss (yay :D) he even dropped 2 double humanity lol.

so yeah that's how i beat that thing >O

made some headway, just finished the forest (***was easy but for some reason i kept dying idk why -.-;, the curse of being melee? ijdk)

anyway~ I just got the ring that gives me + fkton of weight, amazun.

I'm about to go #yolo on this hydra and give it a whirl.

so it's time for Nub questions round #3-

1) what does "poise" do? and is it important? (found a ring that gives it)

2) is the drake sword worth upgrading?

3) what is the point of NG+ ?

1) poise affects your general stability when taking hits. in other words, how easily stunned you are by damage. Harder hits require more poise to be able to maintain your stance. Is it important? More so for pvp than pve (some builds are built around their poise to be able to trade blows with opponents and hopefully win through superior DPS and HP rather than dodging hits.) It can save your life, but you generally want to plan on not taking hits in the first place.

2) most will say no. put your efforts into a long term weapon of choice you like, since Drake sword has ***stat scaling. Even upgraded to max, it caps out really low on damage compared to most regular weapons with a little stat investment. Then again if you got dragon scales/souls to spare and it's still early in your playthrough... why not?

3) it resets all loot (which means more spell charges for rare spells, more rare upgrade materials, etc.) and raises difficulty (including the ability to become gravelorded.)

Is there any good sites to check out upgrade paths for weapons?

also i'm done for the night, more adventures tomorrow!

so far this game has been amazing, literally played ALL DAY today lol. I've been hooked T_T, this game is half torture and half addicting as fux, overall a really great experience though.

I'm still amazed at how everything is connected in the world, and the amount of detail in some of these places, just wow.
 Bismarck.Lottto
Server: Bismarck
user: Lotto
By Bismarck.Lottto 2014-01-02 08:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any good sites to check out upgrade paths for weapons?

also i'm done for the night, more adventures tomorrow!

so far this game has been amazing, literally played ALL DAY today lol. I've been hooked T_T, this game is half torture and half addicting as fux, overall a really great experience though.

I'm still amazed at how everything is connected in the world, and the amount of detail in some of these places, just wow.

http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Upgrades
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-02 09:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Soooo, I recently bought this game on Steam Sale, and before I download it I have a couple of questions!
A: Anybody play this with a ps3 controller, does it work as well as 360 controllers?
B: How many hours does the first playthrough usually take for people? I see people play this for ages! (That's a good thing, I'm just curious :P)
Yes and yes

300 hours? :3 Depending on how much you try to beat the game..

(realistic minimum would be 40 hours, speed run 1.5 hours?)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-01-02 13:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Chaos Claymore isn't readily available to new players. And unfair comparison anyway, the Drake sword is a longsword, not a great sword.

The Drake Sword IS a good weapon at the beginning. Guaranteed 200 AR is pretty nice, and it's great for players looking to pump VIT and END early game due to having no scaling for damage.

The only issue being many people don't have a basic grasp of the Titanite upgrade system until Anor Londo because of it.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-02 16:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »
The Chaos Claymore isn't readily available to new players. And unfair comparison anyway, the Drake sword is a longsword, not a great sword.

The Drake Sword IS a good weapon at the beginning. Guaranteed 200 AR is pretty nice, and it's great for players looking to pump VIT and END early game due to having no scaling for damage.

The only issue being many people don't have a basic grasp of the Titanite upgrade system until Anor Londo because of it.

This is basically what i'm doing, I'm at 15 str 15dex 30end and 25vit

going to get end and vit to 40 first before i do any other stats, mostly because i still haven't decided what weapon i want to go with lol.

atm i think i might just stick with the drake sword until i start upgrading stats, and go with the uchigatana since i already have the weapon.

edit- got the claymore, nq drake still outdamages it pretty well, i can see how fully upgraded it would beat it though, and that's without factoring in w/e stat bonuses it gets.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-02 23:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd bell rung yay, btw *** blighttown

not what i thought it was going to be, i thought it was going to be a town full of mudkips and awesomesauce, not some maze full of *** X_x

have drake sword at +2 atm, will prob +5 it and ride it till i actually get some stats,

thoughts on Quelaag's Furysword? was thinking about going that route D:

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-01-02 23:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

black knight halberd only!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 00:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
thoughts on Quelaag's Furysword? was thinking about going that route D:
it's a handy and fast toy, low dmg but nice moveset. unique animation ftw as well.

It's going to take a lot of work for you to +5 drake, I wouldn't recommend it at all.

i wish you told me this before T_T

knee deep is ashe lake, fml. cursed and everything,

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 00:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

no thankfully i had a couple on me from random treasures lol, please tell me there is an easier way out of this dump >O
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 00:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
black knight halberd only!

this game hates me, not a single black knight weapon out of the 10ish dark knights i've beaten :(

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 00:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

that tree fking sucked >O

what do you guys recommend for shield upgrading?

atm I've been using spiderman shield crest shield and eagle shield, not sure what to upgrade, pretty hesitant to upgrade the crest shield since it wants twinkles D:

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 00:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

dragon GSWORD looks so kewl :O

edit- btw fk those giant shroom things X_X
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 01:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

so i made it... finally all the way out of blight town back to new londo ruins.. what a journey. (goes to step in elevator back up to main camp) no elevator. falls to death.

GG darksouls... GG
 Bismarck.Godin
Server: Bismarck
user: Godin
By Bismarck.Godin 2014-01-03 01:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, how have I not seen this thread before! What system does everyone play on? I'm normally on 360, but I'm gonna pick it up for PC if Valve would ever fix their servers :P
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-03 01:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You learn to watch your step and pull all levers before stepping into anything...

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
the stability on a shield means how much of your stamina is lost when you block with it, so a high stability shield is really handy. there are also 4 special medium shields in game with each having a special handiness.

Crest shield is pdt down 100% and magic dmg down 80%
Dragon crest shield is PDt 100% and fire dmg down 85%
Grass crest shield is 95% pdt and also boosts how fast you recover stamina
I forget the last one. but yeah those are all handy to upgrade once you have twinks to spare. if you're fighting something fire or something magic or need extra stamina recovery, those are bananas helpful

For Fire, you're thinking of Black Knight shield. Only one that has better fire resistance than Dragon Crest, however it's weight is also quite a bit more. For a shield anyway.

Silver Knight is your best shield for physical resistance since it has the highest stability out of all medium shields once you upgrade it.

Other than that.. elemental wise.. Eagle Shield is the best lightning resistance shield. Though it is a large shield (so no parry ; ;). And it's physical isn't 100% sadly.

Oh and Spider shield is the only one that prevents poison/toxic buildup if you happen to block the dart with it.

Next best besides Silver Knight (for physical/stability) is the Sunlight Shield (Solaire's shield).

You generally don't want to use a shield if it doesn't have at least 100% in physical resistance.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 02:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok, on my way back up blighttown i ended up finding a firesoul thingy (flask upgrade)

only to findout the fire gurl is dead and no more camp fire T_T.

is there a way to get her back? :/
By volkom 2014-01-03 02:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait till you see the "giants"

*evil grin*
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2014-01-03 02:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok, on my way back up blighttown i ended up finding a firesoul thingy (flask upgrade)

only to findout the fire gurl is dead and no more camp fire T_T.

is there a way to get her back? :/

Yep. Use the Black Eye orb found on her corpse to invade Lautrec in Anor Londo's cathedral. Kill him and his 2 phantom buddies. Keep in mind normal invasion rules apply... in other words no Estus Flask healing, only Humanity/Divine Blessings/spells.

Then again I'm not sure if you had to free Lautrec from his cell in order to be able to do the above process to revive her...
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-03 02:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He escapes from his cell if you don't free him yourself. The only part that freeing him gets you are a few sunlight medals and the ability to summon him for the Gaping Dragon boss. Other than that, nothing changes.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 04:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

what happens if you fail to beat him? >.>;
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-03 04:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You die and get to try again once you get back to the area to use the Black Eye Orb.

Never died to him though, so I'm not 100% sure. He's not hard as long as you can dodge. (His main-hand weapon damages you through your shield.(Shotel class weapon))
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-03 04:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

holy *** sen's fortress is annoying X_x

almost as bad as underwater temple in Zelda 64 :(
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-03 05:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

holy *** sen's fortress is annoying X_x

almost as bad as underwater temple in Zelda 64 :(

I'll be home in about 1 1/2-2 hours. I can help ya if you're still stuck there by then.

What level are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 224 225 226