Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-01-28 10:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
No reason to push it so much.

Strictly a matter of convenience, really. Wanted to finish before the end of the campaign so that I don't have to bug a BLM to help me cap red.

It will also give me the added benefit of having the remainder of the campaign to finally get some CP :)
[+]
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2016-01-28 14:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The HQ abjuration collection is growing :D
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-28 14:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike you greatly >=[
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-01-28 15:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I dislike you greatly >=[

Same here =|
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-01-29 10:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished up my plates last night, but it feels like a mini mog bonanza to me cause I haven't turned in any of them for the trial yet (sitting in my moghouse, currently). I'm gonna wait until details are released for the mid-february update to see what is required to reforge empyrean weapons. If it's something stupid like 5k plates, then that's a goal I'd rather just take a pass on.
By Takisan 2016-01-29 12:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Finished up my plates last night, but it feels like a mini mog bonanza to me cause I haven't turned in any of them for the trial yet (sitting in my moghouse, currently). I'm gonna wait until details are released for the mid-february update to see what is required to reforge empyrean weapons. If it's something stupid like 5k plates, then that's a goal I'd rather just take a pass on.

Hecks yea. I am doin the same thing.

I mean looking back at AF+1 (the non ilvl) it used to take dynamis currency, the damaged af piece, and a crafting mat to +1 it then they put out forgottens which is much simpler. Hopefully they will make it reasonable is all I am hoping. Cause currently 3000 cinders at like 1.5M a piece is 4.5 Billion gil and that's just BS. Who has 4.5 Billion gil?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-29 14:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo..since I'm not making a banana till after I finish Nirvana, my Tanmo +1/weirdass hybrid Colada can work out as my primary DD swords? I haven't gotten a second colada yet, so I have one that has decent DD/MAB stats on it. I've been DDing in those, and casting with the Colada and a Vampirism offhand.

Also, accuracy. Am I gonna be screwed in that dept until I get to 1200 JP? After embarrassing myself in a whiff fest against reisenjima hydra t2 in front of half my LS, I reevaluated my gear, got a few better augs on Herc gear, and set extra acc traits.. Id like to try again, but my LS leader may be hesitant. t2 Harpeia has been stingy as hell re:Earring so I use the red one from Delve along with Zennaroi.

My gear doesn't suck, Adhemar/Herc with good accessories, but I'd really rather not embarrass myself again...help?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-29 15:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to know your exact accuracy set (including augments) to really provide input.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-29 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Understandable; when I get home (posting on cell) I will provide that.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-29 15:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

God I would be so happy if it's 5k plate for super REM and AG. Plates only cost 50k now, thats only 250m for skill 269, which seems dart cheap considering all afterglow weapons cost ALOT more.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-01-29 15:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

God I would be so happy if it's 5k plate for super after REM and AG. Plates only cost 50k now, thats only 250m for skill 269, which seems dart cheap considering all afterglow weapons cost ALOT more.

Now is the operative word. If it was 5k plates for upgrade to 269 skill the price of plates would sky rocket.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-29 15:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Also worth pointing out that Ragnarok is an outlier for HMP prices. They're 90-100k here, and it wasn't all that long ago that prices were higher still.

Regardless of economics, I don't think I'd want to farm even more plates for my 119+1. 95 and 99 trials are quite enough of Voidwatch for my tastes...
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-29 19:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I'd have to know your exact accuracy set (including augments) to really provide input.

Here we go...

ItemSet 341619

Augments are...

Colada: DMG +11 VIT 3 ACC 15 ATK 9 MAB 17

Dampening Tam: Max

Adhemar Jacket path A

Herc Gloves: Dex 12 ACC 27 ATK 12 DW 1

Herc Trousers: INT 9, Acc 23 Atk 23 DW 2

Herc Boots: Dex 5 Acc 14 TA 4

I think it's not horrible, but could probably use improvement.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-29 19:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from throwing more stones at the Herculean Trousers/Boots and Colada, the easiest upgrades would be a Grounded Mantle+1 and +1ing the ring. Olseni Belt and a Falcon Eye would also be improvements. Other than that, you're just going to have to get more CP or add in more accuracy buffs.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-01-29 20:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

NQ Carmine legs or Adhemar legs would be a minor improvement for a max accuracy build as well over your current augments. If you can afford HQ Carmine legs, they'd even become your highest accuracy in the leg slot when paired with HQ Carmine Mask for the 20 accuracy set bonus, and the head is already your highest accuracy in the head slot without the set bonus as well.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-29 20:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can use the DW on Carmine D legs (not unlikely if you need to cap delay reduction with sub 1200 JPs), then those wouldn't be a bad idea despite having a little less accuracy/general usefulness than the Bs (you can always switch them back or get a second pair since NQs are fairly cheap). You could also get a bit acc more out Rawhide boots if you'd rather mess with those versus re-augmenting Herculean more.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-29 22:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have NQ Carmine legs, to he honest, I never looked at the stats, just was like "oh yey ilvl mv+ pants!"

I suppose I could dig my Rawhide Boots out again, as I sorta like the ta+4 I got on my Hercs.

Been trying to get Grounded Mantle for awhile, but my luck with unity is legendary for being horrible. Same for Incursion re: Olseni. I'll keep trying, though.

Falcon Eye is easily doable, though, and I'll see about getting my hands on one posthaste.

Thanks for the input!
 Phoenix.Phillie
Server: Phoenix
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2016-01-30 20:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone help me with this lua please. For some reason its not switching JA pieces as i use the JA. maybe im understanding it wrong maybe it keeps them on until i use. idk.. but im not seeing them in showswap so.. please help..

http://pastebin.com/7Y9dkR91
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-30 20:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify, do you mean that they're just not swapping in when you use the JA or are they not switching in during the cast itself?
 Phoenix.Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2016-01-30 20:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Both from what i have seen ; ;
 Phoenix.Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2016-01-30 20:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i have tested efflux, burst affinity and chain affinity repeatedly and no swap. Gear spelled right per needed for lua and all. i dont get it ; ;
By maxdecphoenix 2016-02-01 23:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phillie said: »
i have tested efflux, burst affinity and chain affinity repeatedly and no swap. Gear spelled right per needed for lua and all. i dont get it ; ;

i don't see anything in the lua that instructs the game to equip the various sets.JA.xxx when you use the xxx ability. (with the exception of Azure Lore) Your lua is set up more or less like mine, so what it's doing is when you cast those specific spells (i.e. Vertical Cleave, the first physical dmg one), it should equip them during the spell's mid-cast phase.

Did you actually try to use the ability and then cast the spells on a mob? Are you sure it's not showing in showswaps?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-02 00:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
if spell.english == 'Sinker Drill' then
		equip(sets.BlueMagic.DEX)
		if buffactive['Chain Affinity'] then
			equip(sets.JA.ChainAffinity)
		end
		if buffactive['Efflux'] then
			equip(sets.JA.Efflux)
		end
	end

Yeah, you just need something like the above after all the relevant spells.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-02 00:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have taken your advice to heart, and am doing much better hitting crap since then :D

Now, to wait on the next campaign so I can grind out roughly 760ish JP... Where is the best place for that, Apex? I can self-Light dependably, so I suppose I could found up some blms..
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-02 00:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely the fastest to do Apex mobs. Alternatively, you can BLU burn in Escha to get both JP and Silt at the same time.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-02 01:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragons Puks by HP2 in Zitah, Sharks towards main entrance to Shrine, either to the right or left. Suggest Mollifier.

Can also enter any Gates 2 zones and burn Dullas and Umbrils with no exp penalty loss.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-02 01:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're talking about getting CP without a chain campaign, I wouldn't suggest anything but Reisenjima or Apex mobs. I actually preferred Reisenjima because I earned silt/stones at the same time, and the difference in CP was not much at all. Good parties with friends were around 7-8m CP/hour, and you didn't need to be coordinated at all. Just shoot the ***over voice chat and kill stuff.

If the next campaign is just a regular campaign, then cleaving is definitely the way to go.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-02-02 03:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconding Raisen Town cleave parties as the cool way to get CP. Apex with everyone on the ball probably earns more, but a single person can carry a Reisenjima party to chain bajillion while everyone else sleeps. I leveled and nearly mastered my brother's BLU in no time this previous month just because I love it there so much.
First Page 2 3 ... 253 254 255 ... 449 450 451