Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-01-08 17:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup & this from FFXIDB:
Botulus Rex Buburimu Peninsula 442 out of 11416 3.9%
Morta Aydeewa Subterrane 1221 out of 31471 3.9%

No real drop difference just NM pref of your choice.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-01-08 17:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My preference of the two is /never again

lol
[+]
By Alkai 2016-01-08 21:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is ironside soloable with trusts or whats the min amount of people id need to bring for it? Really need to upgrade my main hand.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-01-09 11:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick vent: I'm at least 0/43 on Tanmogayi. ヽ( `д´*)ノ

People usually don't struggle -that- much with Unity drops, do they?
By Clinpachi 2016-01-09 12:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »

Only when you want it bad enough D: The trick is to pretend you don't want the drop. I'm convinced SE has a thought detection device.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-01-09 12:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »

Took me a lot of Behemoths to get a Collar. Ended up with like 140 hides before I got the NQ
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-09 14:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any way Herculean vest can beat a adhemar for tp and CDC? Thanks in advance.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-09 15:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Herc is so recurring as a question I think it needs a guide section. Especially since from what it sounds like. That it has unseated Taeon in the guide for feet at least.

Herc vest versus adhemar body has been talked about? As far as I know adhemar body is bis due to dual wield and triple attack in it as well as Massive accuracy
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-09 18:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jaegar said: »
Hey

I've noticed this too recently, but only during my Bhaflau salvage runs. Everywhere else I haven't had a problem with sets.

The only thing I do in Bhaflau that I don't do anywhere else (or barely ever do anywhere else) is a CA+Efflux CDC>Sinker Drill a fly at the start for the quick kill while gear is still locked. Everything after that has my Mavi Kavuk +2, Assimilator's Charuqs +1 & Mavi Tayt +2 in the midcast. It doesn't actually matter what I'm casting, after that fly kill, those three pieces replace everything in midcasts.

I've noticed it breaks with Burst Affinity too, as in it will put Hashishin Basmak in weird midcasts after I've used Burst Affinity and nuked a load of gears.

So it looks like something somewhere is breaking and making it think like CA, Efflux & BA are still active after they've been consumed.

Just tried doing similar things on hornets outside bastok but I cannot get the problem to repeat at the moment.

I'm not a codey person so unfortunately I have no solutions, just hope the extra info is a step in the right direction to get this fixed.

In the mean time, as a temporary workaround, reload gs when you notice this happening. It fixes the problem... until you use a JA again of course :)

~Jae
Yeah, I reload the file when I notice the console flashing which "active" buffs it thinks are on. I personally don't mind it too much, but it's not ideal ofc. If anyone can find the fix, that'd be super amazeballs.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-09 19:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Herc is so recurring as a question I think it needs a guide section. Especially since from what it sounds like. That it has unseated Taeon in the guide for feet at least.

Herc vest versus adhemar body has been talked about? As far as I know adhemar body is bis due to dual wield and triple attack in it as well as Massive accuracy

AFAIK it was only compared to Anoba.

I prob can't handle throwing tens of millions trying that get that from pakacet. What's next in line before that?
By Takisan 2016-01-09 23:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Bahamut.Jaegar said: »
Hey

I've noticed this too recently, but only during my Bhaflau salvage runs. Everywhere else I haven't had a problem with sets.

The only thing I do in Bhaflau that I don't do anywhere else (or barely ever do anywhere else) is a CA+Efflux CDC>Sinker Drill a fly at the start for the quick kill while gear is still locked. Everything after that has my Mavi Kavuk +2, Assimilator's Charuqs +1 & Mavi Tayt +2 in the midcast. It doesn't actually matter what I'm casting, after that fly kill, those three pieces replace everything in midcasts.

I've noticed it breaks with Burst Affinity too, as in it will put Hashishin Basmak in weird midcasts after I've used Burst Affinity and nuked a load of gears.

So it looks like something somewhere is breaking and making it think like CA, Efflux & BA are still active after they've been consumed.

Just tried doing similar things on hornets outside bastok but I cannot get the problem to repeat at the moment.

I'm not a codey person so unfortunately I have no solutions, just hope the extra info is a step in the right direction to get this fixed.

In the mean time, as a temporary workaround, reload gs when you notice this happening. It fixes the problem... until you use a JA again of course :)

~Jae
Yeah, I reload the file when I notice the console flashing which "active" buffs it thinks are on. I personally don't mind it too much, but it's not ideal ofc. If anyone can find the fix, that'd be super amazeballs.

I have seen this issue as well and it also only occurs when in salvage or whenever I don't get a "status update" outside of salvage. I have found it gets stuck and equips the replacement gear for CA,Efflux, ect for every other set pretty much which causes bad performance results. I have however found that the lua updates status whenever I press F12 to check the status of my Offense and WS modes so I make it a point to just press F12 after using any job ability.
 Ragnarok.Madotsuki
Server: Ragnarok
user: Madotsuki
By Ragnarok.Madotsuki 2016-01-10 03:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the most up to date resource for learning Blue Magic spells, especially the newer ones? Just returned, and my character is very crusty; last I played I only got a small handful of Adoulin spells before "retiring", and seems like there's been a lot more added since then. (we can increase our spell allotment with these capacity point things? Neato!) I had an older website bookmarked for spell learning but seems like it's down now.

Itching to put my trusty ol' Almace to use.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2016-01-10 06:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Madotsuki said: »
What's the most up to date resource for learning Blue Magic spells, especially the newer ones? Just returned, and my character is very crusty; last I played I only got a small handful of Adoulin spells before "retiring", and seems like there's been a lot more added since then. (we can increase our spell allotment with these capacity point things? Neato!) I had an older website bookmarked for spell learning but seems like it's down now.

Itching to put my trusty ol' Almace to use.
Azure Tomes: BLU Magic Guide by Sabishii

Try this out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Bahamut.Alkk 2016-01-10 19:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to make a good set for sudden lunge and from what I understand both phys and magical acc is needed, but what about blue magic skill? If anyone's got a good set they want to share I'd love to see it
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-10 20:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1 blue magic skill = 1 macc. Basically get enough acc to hit the thing then load up on macc/skill/INT. Items of particular interest for having relatively high amounts of both acc and macc include Carmine head/body, Rawhide hands, Sanctity Necklace, Dignitary's Earring, Cornflower Cape, Eschan Stone, and Etana Ring. Everything else is pretty much one or the other iirc, use what's available/appropriate.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-01-11 00:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
0/13 on abnoba kaftan, the struggle is real...

Sounds about right.

0/20

That seems excessive for any t3 drop. Seen every other drop at least 2x now.
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-01-12 07:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds about right.

0/20

I went 1/42 on Jovi Abj Head over the last two weeks, so doesn't surprise me got love 1 drop slot on NMs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-01-12 17:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brennski said: »

Sounds about right.

0/20

I went 1/42 on Jovi Abj Head over the last two weeks, so doesn't surprise me got love 1 drop slot on NMs.

I've actually been coming as BLU/thf, tagging Vir'ava with Chaac belt for TH3, and we've been getting double drops from Vir'ava a little more than 50% of the time (compared to the first 13 runs where I went BLU/rdm and we had single drops every time).

Still... many of the people that I've asked to come help me have long ran out of things to cast lots on (besides ores and +2's), so I'm starting to feel like a nag when I ask for help. I decided to take a short break while this VNM campaign is going on.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-17 00:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
1 blue magic skill = 1 macc. Basically get enough acc to hit the thing then load up on macc/skill/INT. Items of particular interest for having relatively high amounts of both acc and macc include Carmine head/body, Rawhide hands, Sanctity Necklace, Dignitary's Earring, Cornflower Cape, Eschan Stone, and Etana Ring. Everything else is pretty much one or the other iirc, use what's available/appropriate.
If Carmine body isn't available to you, can use Hashishin Mintan +1.
Perfect Leyline Gloves are 33/33.
Herculean Boots also have 10/10 natively.
Also, Colada & Nibiru Blade path A both each have 20acc/15macc, which helps.

This is what I use currently:
ItemSet 341234
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-17 03:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to all that, there are also Miasmic Pants (22/22) from Rancibus (Vagary) and Lempo Earring (5/5) from Vir'ava (Escha - Ru'Aun T3).

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-17 15:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it's the other way around, where set traits override those from one's subjob.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-17 16:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The only one I could think of would be /THF and then set TH1 with traits? Not like we can get lower DW or STP anymore.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-17 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

To add to all that, there are also Miasmic Pants (22/22) from Rancibus (Vagary) and Lempo Earring (5/5) from Vir'ava (Escha - Ru'Aun T3).
Excellent, I will try to get these!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-17 16:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because an item has both stats doesn't necessarily mean it's a strong option for that slot, or it may be that it's better employed in consideration for one stat or the other. If you can get more total acc and macc by employing two specialized items rather that two hybrid pieces, then you're likely to come out ahead not only in performance but in inventory.

Also worth pointing out that Herc feet have 0 INT, so I wouldn't really consider them a hybrid piece unless you went out of your way for an extra pair with INT/macc augments. Stellar acc feet though.
First Page 2 3 ... 250 251 252 ... 449 450 451