Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-29 17:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You really need DEX and some decent DMG+ in order to beat Nibiru, unfortunately. That might be great for RDM, though, as I don't know much about gearing that for melee.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-29 18:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I found I got the best augs from Taupe stones
 Bahamut.Jaegar
Server: Bahamut
user: jaegar
By Bahamut.Jaegar 2015-12-29 23:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Can somebody explain why sometimes when I'm casting nukes like Tenebral Crush, do my Luhluza Charuqs +1 and/or Assimilator's Shalwar +1 equip instead of my Amalric? Many thanks!

Hey

I've noticed this too recently, but only during my Bhaflau salvage runs. Everywhere else I haven't had a problem with sets.

The only thing I do in Bhaflau that I don't do anywhere else (or barely ever do anywhere else) is a CA+Efflux CDC>Sinker Drill a fly at the start for the quick kill while gear is still locked. Everything after that has my Mavi Kavuk +2, Assimilator's Charuqs +1 & Mavi Tayt +2 in the midcast. It doesn't actually matter what I'm casting, after that fly kill, those three pieces replace everything in midcasts.

I've noticed it breaks with Burst Affinity too, as in it will put Hashishin Basmak in weird midcasts after I've used Burst Affinity and nuked a load of gears.

So it looks like something somewhere is breaking and making it think like CA, Efflux & BA are still active after they've been consumed.

Just tried doing similar things on hornets outside bastok but I cannot get the problem to repeat at the moment.

I'm not a codey person so unfortunately I have no solutions, just hope the extra info is a step in the right direction to get this fixed.

In the mean time, as a temporary workaround, reload gs when you notice this happening. It fixes the problem... until you use a JA again of course :)

~Jae
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-29 23:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... interesting... kind of
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 00:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bless its little heart. It tried so hard.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-30 00:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah lol. I mean, I'll get use out of the TH+, but that is about it.

Did toss four DM at it, did get crit hit +3%, refresh +1, and some pet crap on the others

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 02:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh on Herculean would be damn nice to see. Could finally get rid of Serpentes after all these long years.

That Colada will most likely beat out a Nibiru Blade, but I cannot say with absolute certainty because I don't know the rest of your gear. IIRC, the bare minimum to beat Nibiru A in the offhand is +15 or more DMG, +10 or more DEX. Everything else is gravy and just escalates it further. You'll definitely want to aim for high accuracy, though, as Nibiru sports quite a bit, and sacrificing it for a Colada can be detrimental.
[+]
By Takisan 2015-12-30 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Well... interesting... kind of

Fern stone?
By fillerbunny9 2015-12-30 16:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

it has Treasure Hunter on it which thus far has been unique to Dark Matter trades.
By lhova 2015-12-30 16:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So just to be clear. A person would get augments via regular stones (for example 15 Dex 28 Acc on herc boots) and then with dm they can add an additional random augment to the item while keeping the original augment?
By fillerbunny9 2015-12-30 16:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

from what I have seen Dark Matter overwrites what is on the item, with its own, large and somewhat unique pool of augments. I have not had the DM laying around to test such a trade, so someone please correct me if I am wrong.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-12-30 17:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember hearing from somewhere that attack now applies to physical blue spells, but I'm guessing it's just the combat skill from main hand, correct?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-30 17:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's both, although percent based modifiers only act on the main hand attack when calculating their increase to blue magic attack.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 17:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Matter completely replaces a prior augment, just as regular stones do.

Attack boosts do apply to physical blue magic spells, too.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-12-30 17:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So are blue skill and attack equal in that regard? Ignoring the base damage increase from skill, I mean.
By lhova 2015-12-30 17:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SE always finds a way to make ***so random. You should be able to keep certain stats you like. If I could get some good on Att on my 15 Dex 28 Acc Herc boots then I'd be really happy. Spent like 300 stones just to get that. Granted it added +19 to my Acc eet though.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-30 17:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely ignoring base damage, raw attack is a bit better than +skill if you're utilizing any percent-based bonuses (food, Berserk, Nature's Meditation, etc).

EDIT: Actually I misremembered the calculation steps- blue magic skill is actually a bit better if you have potency merits.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 17:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have liked it if the augment system was not so absurdly random, but there is zero way they would have allowed the caps to go as high as they do if we could pick and choose augments more easily. As it is, we have less consistent results, but a far higher ceiling for maximum results. Not ideal, but those ridiculously good augments are just about necessary for endgame.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-30 18:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Completely ignoring base damage, raw attack is a bit better than +skill if you're utilizing any percent-based bonuses (food, Berserk, Nature's Meditation, etc).
Do percent bonuses not simply affect the spell's total attack value? That seems rather odd. I would expect the game to calculate spell attack more or less as it would attack for any weapon nowadays, albeit with blue magic skill substituted for weapon skill. That would make skill and attack 1:1 barring skill's contribution to base damage.

I haven't really kept up with Dark Matter augments because even more random augment *** isn't really my cup of tea; does it offer anything actually worth pursuing beyond TH+ gear and maybe refresh hands/feet?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 19:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The absolute best augments for melee from Dark Matter include a maximum of 5DA, 4TA, and 3QA, most likely with acc and atk stacked on top of that all within the same augment.

Will you ever see that in 50,000 dark matters? Probably not, but it's there. They made the system as random as possible in an attempt to extend longevity.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-30 19:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm leaving stupidly rare augment combinations out of consideration here. The base system is bad enough as is, I'm not chasing infinitesimal probabilities with Dark Matter.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 19:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't used a single DM on any piece of gear, regardless of the possible stats, because the extreme randomness is ***. Just mentioning what is apparently possible. You're basically just using matters for the possibility of TH and refresh, yeah.

I guess you could luck out and get some TA and a bunch of accuracy and attack, but I don't think it's worth it at all. Just sell your dark matters for money to fund things that aren't infuriating.
[+]
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-12-30 19:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what sucks? Being on your last Arrapago trial for mythic and dying to a Bhoot's Perdition. 1 day wait - here I come!
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-30 20:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol surprised they haven't shifted all the AR trials to another zone
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-30 20:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I haven't used a single DM on any piece of gear, regardless of the possible stats, because the extreme randomness is ***. Just mentioning what is apparently possible. You're basically just using matters for the possibility of TH and refresh, yeah.

I guess you could luck out and get some TA and a bunch of accuracy and attack, but I don't think it's worth it at all. Just sell your dark matters for money to fund things that aren't infuriating.

After finishing up Almace, I'm mostly like what the hell. Got basically what I wanted since I had an extra pair of Herculean Trousers.

If people feel the itch to use DM, would suggest waiting for that "campaign" they suggested. Where you can get six augment tries with one DM. But, obviously you would have to stock up on them/if they ever do that campaign
First Page 2 3 ... 247 248 249 ... 449 450 451