The Beast Within -- A Guide To Blue Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 245 246 247 ... 449 450 451
By lhova 2015-12-26 09:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarama is kinda dumb. We went with Blu x2, Geo x2, WHM and a War. DD's subbed Rune and I believe that the Geo's used bolster and the appropriate spells as well as entrusted the Blu's with acc and perhaps mob evasion spells. I think we got it down to less than 20% and we wiped. Dissppointing run since if people lose one fight its typicall that they will bail (even though I believe a few said they had short time going in). My Blu is pretty well geared and I used my all out DD spellset. Just didn't think this mob was such a pain.

I'm 1500/2100 JPS as well.

ItemSet 338064

ItemSet 340601
By geigei 2015-12-26 11:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu/war and need better gear, also lose the war.
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-26 11:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

Beaten him with much less geared BLUs, really the WAR is probably the problem. COR would be much better, or maybe BRD or even another GEO.
By geigei 2015-12-26 11:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd is very good for this fight.
By lhova 2015-12-26 12:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

need better gear, like what? My gear doesn't seem that far off from BIS in the majority of slots.
By geigei 2015-12-26 12:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're in whiff city you realize this right? you need tp acc set AND cdc acc set.
By lhova 2015-12-26 12:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're in whiff city you realize this right? you need tp acc set AND cdc acc set.

In my TP set i'm at ~1200 Acc with just food and with Geo buffs my Acc was pretty good on it. I do have pieces I could sub for more accuracy though.
By geigei 2015-12-26 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to parse tho, eyeballing is very deceiving, when i did my sarama runs i had 1200 w/o any buff, parse it and you'll see you miss a lot, also cdc set need acc aswell.
By lhova 2015-12-26 12:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to parse tho, eyeballing is very deceiving, when i did my sarama runs i had 1200 w/o any buff, parse it and you'll see you miss a lot, also cdc set need acc aswell.

Let me see your sets please. Thanks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2015-12-26 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 340604

Colada: D7 dex15 acc16 att20
Gloves: dex15 acc27 att13
Legs: dex15 acc30 att11 TA2
Feet: dex13 acc30 stp3

ItemSet 340603

Gloves same from tp
Legs: dex10 acc15 att7 c.rate3
Feet: dex14 acc22 att3 c.dmg1
By geigei 2015-12-26 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

The parse is misleading then because different support jobs doing a different quality job will change those numbers even with the same gear.

If anything it is more so you know to throw on all the acc gear you have based on how well or shitty your party is doing.

Well i'm fortunate enough to run with the same people for everything, when we melee is x2blu x2geo brd whm, all good gear and skills, occasionally x3 blu and lose one support.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-26 12:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see any need for that Honed Tathlum if you have Falcon Eye - the latter is equal or possibly +1 acc with a small bump to dDEX and max HP in the process.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-26 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 340604

Colada: D7 dex15 acc16 att20
Gloves: dex15 acc27 att13
Legs: dex15 acc30 att11 TA2
Feet: dex13 acc30 stp3

ItemSet 340603

Gloves same from tp
Legs: dex10 acc15 att7 c.rate3
Feet: dex14 acc22 att3 c.dmg1

questions. shouldn't tanmogayi be in main hand since D177 is much higher then colada?
By geigei 2015-12-26 13:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Don't see any need for that Honed Tathlum if you have Falcon Eye - the latter is equal or possibly +1 acc with a small bump to dDEX and max HP in the process.

You're right, not perfect set mine, i still have small improvements to make.

Yes Forever, just tossed into set and landed on sub slot(fixed)
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-26 15:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Sarama is kinda dumb. We went with Blu x2, Geo x2, WHM and a War. DD's subbed Rune and I believe that the Geo's used bolster and the appropriate spells as well as entrusted the Blu's with acc and perhaps mob evasion spells. I think we got it down to less than 20% and we wiped. Dissppointing run since if people lose one fight its typicall that they will bail (even though I believe a few said they had short time going in). My Blu is pretty well geared and I used my all out DD spellset. Just didn't think this mob was such a pain.

ItemSet 338064

ItemSet 340601

Honestly based on what you said I'm not sure if your issue is "not enough dmg". Since we have no idea what happened during the fight.

Since you said "wiped below 20%" I'm going to guess that you need better support and whm. Because if you have serious issue with dmg to begin with, you won't make it to 20%. But nm can get nasty at low hp.

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2015-12-27 09:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

ItemSet 338064

ItemSet 340601

Honestly based on what you said I'm not sure if your issue is "not enough dmg". Since we have no idea what happened during the fight.

Since you said "wiped below 20%" I'm going to guess that you need better support and whm. Because if you have serious issue with dmg to begin with, you won't make it to 20%. But nm can get nasty at low hp.

Yeah I honestly believe that we could have won had we tried again since it was several peoples first time fighting this mob. Again my server seems to have thin patience with fails. Are the Reisen Herc nm's "easy" with a lowman Blu strat? I actually haven't killed any of them yet due to focusing on CP and Pakecet lol. Still need the body abj for my Alm body.
By geigei 2015-12-27 10:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Feet and gloves (best from set) are easy blu solo, rest in pt.
By lhova 2015-12-27 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the BLu solo strat? Thank you.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-27 10:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard that the new stats for Tizona were released, anyone have images or the numbers for it now?

For the Corse (Herc Feet), I use Amchuchu, an AoE WHM, another WHM trust, Koru-Moru, and Qultada can help you out too with Light Shot on Koru's Dia III plus the Chaos Rolls.

The key to the fight is to set Blank Gaze and use it at least when Corse has stacked 2 Memento Mori, I'll often use even after 1 Memento Mori to be safe. Saline Coat is recommended right before the final 10% where you'll want spam Blank Gaze, and potentially White Wind / Diamondhide in between casts. If you just spam those, he'll eventually stop being in Chainspell mode and you can finish him off. Alternatively, you can save up TP and damage for when he pops Chainspell and just try and finish him up quick.

The Soulflayer is a bit more random as Azure Lore can pretty much 2 shot one of your tanks. I'd suggest bringing multiple tanks so they can buffer as you deal as much damage as possible. Key to this fight is just to kill it before it uses Azure Lore too many times - at least in my experience.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-27 12:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I heard that the new stats for Tizona were released, anyone have images or the numbers for it now?
Not that I know of, but extrapolating from what we have seen I'd bet on it looking something like this:

Tizona
DMG:156 Delay:236 Magic Damage+186 Magic Accuracy+30 Sword skill+269 Parrying skill+269 Magic Accuracy skill+255 Occ. converts damage dealt to MP V "Expiacion" Aftermath: Increases Acc./Magic Acc. Occasionally attacks twice or thrice Afterglow

The exact macc+ bonus is just a guess. Relics get acc/attack+20 and empyreans get stat+20 as well (~+13 for the dual stat weapons?), and the old picture of Burtgang bumps up its enmity bonus from 18->23. DT II-18% didn't change though, so it seems unlikely that DMG->MP will change either. Seems like they're doing a flat +27 boost to all skills and of course the new mdmg+186 as per the other swords that previously lacked a mdmg stat.

My question is still what we'll see for any possible aftermath adjustments. Would be nice if they finally allowed AM3 to overwrite itself.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-12-27 12:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'd imagine the dmg is going to be higher than that probably 159-160 with almace being 157 and currently it's 114 vs 117. Though the pld swords do suggest dmg:156 but none of the 3 have the same boost which is slightly annoying Excalibur 35%, Almace 38% and Burtgang 34%. It could very well be the same for the other REMs though it could also be individual boost for each weapon based on a few factors.
By geigei 2015-12-27 13:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the BLu solo strat? Thank you.

For corse make sure you hold dmg, otherwise charm might screw you, i didnt used berserk, nature and didnt spam ws, other than that dispel his mori and thats it.

For flayer i just swap to DT when he sp but yea, tank might get oneshoted.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-27 16:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For the corse, as people have said, the entire key to the fight is Blank Gaze to dispel his Mori. Before I knew that, he'd just stack his MAB too high and one-shot myself and all of my trusts. Other than that, bring out a tank, two if needed, and just beat the crap out of him.

For the soulflayer, at least until you get used to him and understand his patterns, I suggest /NIN and maintaining 2 shadows at all times, just in case you rip hate. Summon 2 tanks, as one will be killed by Azure Lore each time unless you get very lucky. If you manage to stun his skillchain closer, your trust intimidates him, or gets a negates damage proc, you'll be just fine, but otherwise, they're going to die. I think he uses Azure Lore every 2 minutes (?), so the fight is going to be a race to kill him before he gets a second one off.
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2015-12-27 17:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
For the corse, as people have said, the entire key to the fight is Blank Gaze to dispel his Mori. Before I knew that, he'd just stack his MAB too high and one-shot myself and all of my trusts. Other than that, bring out a tank, two if needed, and just beat the crap out of him.

For the soulflayer, at least until you get used to him and understand his patterns, I suggest /NIN and maintaining 2 shadows at all times, just in case you rip hate. Summon 2 tanks, as one will be killed by Azure Lore each time unless you get very lucky. If you manage to stun his skillchain closer, your trust intimidates him, or gets a negates damage proc, you'll be just fine, but otherwise, they're going to die. I think he uses Azure Lore every 2 minutes (?), so the fight is going to be a race to kill him before he gets a second one off.

Taelmoth's casting speed is mediocre. It's entirely possible to kite him when he AL's with no movement speed (ofc, movement speed just makes it that much easier). I usually go with Koru, Yoran, Cherukiki, Joachim, and Selh'teus...

Keeping Occultation, Saline Coat, and Barrier Tusk up, tank till you see the 1hr animation, then run like hell~ he'll spend the next minute or so casting in place or trying to pursue you.

I realized a loooong time ago it's not a good idea to try and eat AL x_x
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-27 18:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a tank so I don't need to waste time on defensive buffs. And I don't kite so I can use that minute to kill him quicker. Your strategy is probably safer, though.
By Takisan 2015-12-27 20:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Server transfer to Ragnarok > 16 hrs and 110M gil later...

From 200 to 1500 hmps for my 119 Almace to be. x.x

/em goes and begs on the streets in port jeuno for loose gil change...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-12-28 03:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally tried Vir'ava tonight with following setup: BLU SCH BLM WHM GEO (august trust)

With the GEO bolstering (indi-focus/geo-malaise/entrust-languor on august), the run typically took about 3 mins. It was a lot easier than I expected it to be. I even landed Frazzle as blu/rdm. The Frond Fatale adds never even had a chance to wake up after dream flower, most of the time.

(no kaftan, though...)

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 245 246 247 ... 449 450 451