SCH>BLM After Update? . .

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » SCH>BLM after update? . .
SCH>BLM after update? . .
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-03-26 13:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bomber said: »
Shiva.Damonz said: »
I believe bringing a war/mnk/nin/sam/thf/drk/drg or pretty much any other DD adds a lot more damage than bringing either a sch or a blm
lol you want to open another can of worms
lol hell a melee whm with the right gear/atma in aby would most likely put out more damage over time than a blm or sch nuking, just saying pointless argument is pointless
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-03-26 13:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

OP is a wanna be Blm. There's never been a Sch that could out nuke me and the day one does, I'll retire it til SE fixes it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
OP is a wanna be Blm. There's never been a Sch that could out nuke me and the day one does, I'll retire it til SE fixes it.
/cheer!!
[+]
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-03-26 13:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

sch is a boring job for me i tried it and found it lackluster if it does take over a blm party position i think this would ruin ffxi for so many blm's it would be a huge mistake
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. Go to Boyadah Tree on Darkday (for ambiguity)

Do a non-set proc Thunder V nuke on EM Mouring Crawler.
Then do a single Thundaja nuke.

You can even use Obi if thunder Weather is up.

Post them here.

I will then repeat the process with my SCH.

I will guarentee I will beat both your nukes with my Thunder V by over 10% in damage.

If you dont belive my boasts get someone who can, to do the maths on Thunder V nukes.

I will then rest my case and you can retire.

Happy Retirement!
 Caitsith.Pebe
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Pebe 2012-03-26 13:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back to what the OP said at the beginning, I don't think people will start bringing BLMs over SCH because they both have their place. However, I do believe people will start bringing good SCHs to events more. And here is why(Will discuss blm at end):

1. The Ability to switch from Light Arts to Dark Arts
-Sounds stupidly obvious when said like that right? However it really is important to consider. Sch has the unique ability to switch roles on the fly to meet the situation, so for events like Legion where every wave has different NMs with different challenges to overcome SCH will shine. For instance, when I did the legion event run on the test server with the Devs, the first wave was Wyrm,Behemoth and Adamantoise. All 3 of these takes good magic damage so either blm or sch will do if you are going the magic damage route. The second wave was(yes we beat the first wave) Yilbegan, Lacovie and Hyadoshi. Lacovie and hyadoshi take moderatly good magic damage. However Yilbegan on the other hand does not(iirc). Yilbegan does however do tons of AoE damage so have your schs switch to Light arts to back up the mages would be very helpful as the DD go in close to kill it. In the other group that did the other chamber they were facing off against alot of undead like the course and vampire type mobs which magaic damage is atrocious against. So schs would be beneficial for there light arts here over blms as well.

MP Efficieny- SCH is and has always been the most mp efficient mage of them all. This was sch's initial main selling point back when it was introduced. Not much more needs to be said on this.

The mage buffer- People always do the SCH vs BLM arguement. But they always forget to consider the SCH with blm argument. In this thread SCH nukes were compared against blm nukes with weather bonus etc. But did you ever stop to think about putting a sch in a pt with 5 blms(or 4 blms and bard, whatever) and giving them all weather bonus and klimaform for magic acc against these level 110+ NMs (talking about legion). Or helping them keep there enmity lower with Animus(yea i know this spell is crappy but it still helps). Just remember to keep these ideas in mind.

Embrava - What else do i need to say, Embrava is godly. One sch can give all 36 people and embrava that lasts 12 mins+ in the course of there 3 min 2hr.

Why Blm still retains their place:

1. Stun - This one spell can change the dynamics of a fight drastically. It is brilliant in its simplicity. Nothing more needs to be said.

2. As was mentioned before in an intensive nuking situation, BLM can fire off nukes far more quickly than sch. SCH can outdamage BLM on a single nuke, but the sheer volume of nukes blm can pump out is ridiculous in a nuking zerg style. Especially when one considers manafont. Manafont while its up, blows the whole talk of mp efficieny out the water. And let us not forget our mini manafont -manawell.

3. Enmity Douse - This ability has drastically change Blm's notion of hate control. BLMs can just go balls to the wall and then drop all there hate. SCH cannot do this without using there merit strategem that gives -50 enmity when fully merited. However, if they do that they loose stratedgems for Ebullience and or Parsimony, whichever route the sch is deciding to go.

4. Manawall - For the cost of mp BLM is invincible. This extra layer of safety is really nice. Sucks because you loose all your mp, but i rather have 0 mp and rest for 1 min or two or be double weakened and unable to do anything for 5 mins.

5. Meteor - Similar to SCH's Embrava. When used with a pt of 6 blms (yea will have to drop the sch from pt and invite a blm, which is possible halfway through Legion), this single spell can change the tide of the fight from loosing at `10% left to instant victory.

Conclusion: Both SCH and BLM have unique aspects that make both useful in a world without procs. When used correctly, SCH and BLM actually compliment each other and work well in a party. Therefore, Bring both.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Barleycup said: »

Post them here.

I will guarentee I will beat both your nukes with my Thunder V by over 10% in damage.

If you dont belive my boasts get someone who can, to do the maths on Thunder V nukes.

Happy Retirement!
You are a bit too obsessed with thunder...
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Post them here.

Happy Retirement!
You are a bit too obsessed with thunder...

Replace the word "Thunder" with any atmospheric condition. I have all Obis naturally...
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 13:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm you know BLM/SCH can cast the same helices as your SCH right?
not that im arguing with him but, sch/ and /sch helices are different, /sch helices are about 25% as effective as sch/ helices.
[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Pebe said: »
Going back to what the OP said at the beginning, I don't think people will start bringing BLMs over SCH because they both have their place. However, I do believe people will start bringing good SCHs to events more. And here is why(Will discuss blm at end):

-Sounds stupidly obvious when said like that right? However it really is important to consider. Sch has the unique ability to switch roles on the fly to meet the situation, so for events like Legion where every wave has different NMs with different challenges to overcome SCH will shine. For instance, when I did the legion event run on the test server with the Devs, the first wave was Wyrm,Behemoth and Adamantoise. All 3 of these takes good magic damage so either blm or sch will do if you are going the magic damage route. The second wave was(yes we beat the first wave) Yilbegan, Lacovie and Hyadoshi. Lacovie and hyadoshi take moderatly good magic damage. However Yilbegan on the other hand does not(iirc). Yilbegan does however do tons of AoE damage so have your schs switch to Light arts to back up the mages would be very helpful as the DD go in close to kill it. In the other group that did the other chamber they were facing off against alot of undead like the course and vampire type mobs which magaic damage is atrocious against. So schs would be beneficial for there light arts here over blms as well.

MP Efficieny- SCH is and has always been the most mp efficient mage of them all. This was sch's initial main selling point back when it was introduced. Not much more needs to be said on this.

The mage buffer- People always do the SCH vs BLM arguement. But they always forget to consider the SCH with blm argument. In this thread SCH nukes were compared against blm nukes with weather bonus etc. But did you ever stop to think about putting a sch in a pt with 5 blms(or 4 blms and bard, whatever) and giving them all weather bonus and klimaform for magic acc against these level 110+ NMs (talking about legion). Or helping them keep there enmity lower with Animus(yea i know this spell is crappy but it still helps). Just remember to keep these ideas in mind.

Embrava - What else do i need to say, Embrava is godly. One sch can give all 36 people and embrava that lasts 12 mins+ in the course of there 3 min 2hr.

1. Stun - This one spell can change the dynamics of a fight drastically. It is brilliant in its simplicity. Nothing more needs to be said.

2. As was mentioned before in an intensive nuking situation, BLM can fire off nukes far more quickly than sch. SCH can outdamage BLM on a single nuke, but the sheer volume of nukes blm can pump out is ridiculous in a nuking zerg style. Especially when one considers manafont. Manafont while its up, blows the whole talk of mp efficieny out the water. And let us not forget our mini manafont -manawell.

3. Enmity Douse - This ability has drastically change Blm's notion of hate control. BLMs can just go balls to the wall and then drop all there hate. SCH cannot do this without using there merit strategem that gives -50 enmity when fully merited. However, if they do that they loose stratedgems for Ebullience and or Parsimony, whichever route the sch is deciding to go.

4. Manawall - For the cost of mp BLM is invincible. This extra layer of safety is really nice. Sucks because you loose all your mp, but i rather have 0 mp and rest for 1 min or two or be double weakened and unable to do anything for 5 mins.

5. Meteor - Similar to SCH's Embrava. When used with a pt of 6 blms (yea will have to drop the sch from pt and invite a blm, which is possible halfway through Legion), this single spell can change the tide of the fight from loosing at `10% left to instant victory.

Conclusion: Both SCH and BLM have unique aspects that make both useful in a world without procs. When used correctly, SCH and BLM actually compliment each other and work well in a party. Therefore, Bring both.

I concur with almost all of this apart from part 2.

Ive said it numerous times in this thread, SCH reach 80% Fast Cast (same as BLM) and can have enough haste from Fast Cast and Haste to rotate tier V and Tier IV spells. Therefore BLMs supposed array of Nukes is useless as none of them are as efficient mp/damage as SCH tier V + tier IV. Helices just add to this moreover.
 Caitsith.Pebe
By Caitsith.Pebe 2012-03-26 13:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about my horrible spelling and grammar btw. Needs more spell check!
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
not that im arguing with him but, sch/ and /sch helices are different, /sch helices are about 25% as effective as sch/ helices.
But BLM can pair them with elemental dots :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 13:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive said it numerous times in this thread, SCH reach 80% Fast Cast (same as BLM) and can have enough haste from Fast Cast and Haste to rotate tier V and Tier IV spells. Therefore BLMs supposed array of Nukes is useless as none of them as as efficient mp/damage as SCH tier V + tier IV. Helices just add to this moreover.
even with capped fast cast you still need a 3rd spell between T5 and T4 to cover the gap. Dont consider Helix as covering that gap since the duration with extend long than a spell rotation.
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive said it numerous times in this thread, SCH reach 80% Fast Cast (same as BLM) and can have enough haste from Fast Cast and Haste to rotate tier V and Tier IV spells. Therefore BLMs supposed array of Nukes is useless as none of them are as efficient mp/damage as SCH tier V + tier IV. Helices just add to this moreover.
I have SCH lvled too and i'm Taru with full merited MP and SCH has dumb low MP pool compared to BLM
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive said it numerous times in this thread, SCH reach 80% Fast Cast (same as BLM) and can have enough haste from Fast Cast and Haste to rotate tier V and Tier IV spells. Therefore BLMs supposed array of Nukes is useless as none of them as as efficient mp/damage as SCH tier V + tier IV. Helices just add to this moreover.
even with capped fast cast you still need a 3rd spell between T5 and T4 to cover the gap. Dont consider Helix as covering that gap since the duration with extend long than a spell rotation.

Nope. As (sigh . . ) i have said before properly hasted SCH with 80% FC can ROTATE Tier V & tier VI without delay.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 13:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

as can sch with the applicable sub, the DoT from burn and what not doesn't really close the gap that /sch helices leave though.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-26 13:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The number of people in this thread that think either SCH or BLM damage matters just tickles me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 13:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. As (sigh . . ) i have said before properly hasted SCH with 80% FC can ROTATE Tier V & tier VI without delay.
damn i must be maining my sch horribly wrong because i still have 7 seconds of freedom after T4.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-03-26 13:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to this thing called a subjob, blm/sch now has access to all obis bar thunder, and sch also loses its ability to change on the fly "light arts" argument. Other than no access to rapture, the same argument for sch's high nuke once in a while, blm still has everything it needs to cure. If you compare one nuke or cure then sure, sch will win, but how often do you fight something that goes down in one hit?
 Caitsith.Pebe
By Caitsith.Pebe 2012-03-26 13:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Your array of nukes becomes ess efficient when you run out of stratedgems(i can never spell this right). BLMs retains the same efficieny. Sure Stratedgems recharge moderatly fast now, but if your spamming nukes you will most likely be without stratedgems for a good 30 seconds at one point. Also, if you are spamming nukes at this rate you will probably die from enmity where as blm will just Enmity Douse. Like I said both have their place. Sch's main place is High damage over a long course of time(Via helix and controlled nuking) while blm nuking is more of a endless barrage of nukes and then resetting hate with enmity douse. I didn't really know how to word blm's style correctly, so this is the best I got. Also remember that as a SCH you have other duties than just nuking. A good sch will maintain storms on all blms and klimaform as well. So you need to be even more conservative with your stratedgems.
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

as can sch with the applicable sub, the DoT from burn and what not doesn't really close the gap that /sch helices leave though.
Yeah but SCH/BLM would be a lil dumb don't you think?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 13:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
The number of people in this thread that think either SCH or BLM damage matters just tickles me.
one of the few times i will agree with you. Blm and sch are mainly used for procs where blm has it's benefit of stun and sch has it's benefit of embrava.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but SCH/BLM would be a lil dumb don't you think?
you get stun, which is relevant in multiple events.
By Latifah 2012-03-26 13:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread again..... and people using meteor or deuse like it's a valid argument
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Your array of nukes becomes ess efficient when you run out of stratedgems(i can never spell this right). BLMs retains the same efficieny. Sure Stratedgems recharge moderatly fast now, but if your spamming nukes you will most likely be without stratedgems for a good 30 seconds at one point. Also, if you are spamming nukes at this rate you will probably die from enmity where as blm will just Enmity Douse. Like I said both have their place. Sch's main place is High damage over a long course of time(Via helix and controlled nuking) while blm nuking is more of a endless barrage of nukes and then resetting hate with enmity douse. I didn't really know how to word blm's style correctly, so this is the best I got. Also remember that as a SCH you have other duties than just nuking. A good sch will maintain storms on all blms and klimaform as well. So you need to be even more conservative with your stratedgems.

No.

A bad SCH or rather a too gimp to compete with the BLM SCH will Acession the BLMs. A good SCH will Acession + Perpetuation weather (with Empy gloves) at start of fights and then to hell with the BLMs after that.

SCH is not a BLM support. As for barrage of nukes, you are missing the point. 80% FAST CAST is the cap for all casting. SCH can reach this cap. . .,i dont know how to make it clearer lol.
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
one of the few times i will agree with you. Blm and sch are mainly used for procs where blm has it's benefit of stun and sch has it's benefit of embrava.
With that argument you are missing the the thread's title.. "after update" i think means Legion where procs do not exist...so i guess we wont be seen BLMs at all in there
By javelinx 2012-03-26 13:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

10k nukes in lolAbyssea are easily possible by SCH every nuke.

This is true even without the Pandemonium Warden Atma.

MM/Beyond/Ultimate atmas + Obi, Twilight Cape + Good SCH gear.

but while using the 1st ja's>nuke for 10k>waiting for next ja/nuke...
blm gets 4-5 5-6k spells off....AND /sch for hailstorm +obi/twilight cape lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15