Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 862 863
By Moonlightagb 2024-10-03 06:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone make a crafting shield on their main? Do you regret making it there instead of making it on a mule? On a mule you can dedicate inventory space without having to clean up/put mats away, and also pick the adoulin crafting ring instead of other combat related ring options. I'm interested in starting one for completion but the min/maxer in me is making me doubt doing it on my main
By Kaffy 2024-10-03 07:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Confectioner's ring is basically Orvail ring minus the material loss which it hard to measure, so that shouldn't be the reason you pick an alt over your main. Other than that, really depends how organized you are and how much free space you have (are you a hoarder?) without craft ingredients.
By Dodik 2024-10-03 09:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaffy said: »
are you a hoarder?

I feel personally insulted.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-03 10:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaffy said: »
Confectioner's ring is basically Orvail ring minus the material loss which it hard to measure, so that shouldn't be the reason you pick an alt over your main. Other than that, really depends how organized you are and how much free space you have (are you a hoarder?) without craft ingredients.

There are two ring slots. You wear confectioner's AND orvail+1. Orvail competes with craft master's, so picking it gives success rate (probably not important) and material retention.

I have crafting ring on both my mains. I used to feel worse about it, but these days the other adoulin rings are much less impressive so it's not much, if any, sacrifice to take orvail
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-03 10:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Would also consider if you have other active accounts [not same-account mules]. There is some aesthetic pride in having the shield on your main with all your other nice things. If you want to synth for friends, signing with your main's name is cool. You could create a $1 mule on an alt to hold your materials, and then simply clear enough space to craft and park that mule next to you when you feel like crafting. Best of both worlds. As MT said, adoulin ring should not be a dealbreaker either way.

If you only pay for one sub, the same-account mule as a craft shield is much more appealing.
By paladinepsot 2024-10-03 19:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the def of sortie bosses?
First Page 2 3 ... 862 863