Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 861 862
By Moonlightagb 2024-09-25 23:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Terror status effect have an element attached to it?

Like Stun is Lightning, Bind is Ice, etc? The wiki for Terror shows some blue magic that gives the effect and most are dark based Absolute Terror, Jettatura, Blistering Roar, except Spectral Flow Ice. I would just guess Dark based on how many of the spells are Dark?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-09-26 00:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Terror is believed to be associated with Earth, but I also seem to recall some tests hinting at being irrelevant towards resistance against it (or was it a thing just for Dragon's Absolute Terror?)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-09-26 18:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Any thoughts on ideal galli farming job/trust setups for dualboxing Sortie? A regular Sortie static doesn't fit my life right now, but I'd like to upgrade some more Empyrean armor and can go in by myself with my two characters at random times (usually late Pacific time when there are never any shouts on my server and most of my friends are asleep).

Main has all melee/tank/ranged jobs well geared, and an Idris GEO. Alt has all buffers (including RMEA BRD, Idris Geo, +8 COR) and backline mages (WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH). Sylvie (UC) on main, but open to changing.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-26 18:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM+BRD with trusts. Jinpu spam on AE, Kagero/Koki spam on C/G. Use 1hrs as necessary, I'll bet you could kill all 4 of them in a single run no problem.

Only possible issue is how to get the magic kills, might have to rely on Shantotto or something.

Possibly SAM+GEO is better, come to think of it
By SimonSes 2024-09-26 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Any thoughts on ideal galli farming job/trust setups for dualboxing Sortie? A regular Sortie static doesn't fit my life right now, but I'd like to upgrade some more Empyrean armor and can go in by myself with my two characters at random times (usually late Pacific time when there are never any shouts on my server and most of my friends are asleep).

Main has all melee/tank/ranged jobs well geared, and an Idris GEO. Alt has all buffers (including RMEA BRD, Idris Geo, +8 COR) and backline mages (WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH). Sylvie (UC) on main, but open to changing.

Melee + brd. Either A/E and all upstairs NMs + E/G Naakuls or A+E/C+G. SAM, MNK or WAR I guess
By SimonSes 2024-09-26 18:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Possibly SAM+GEO is better, come to think of it

I think he will be low on attack and accuracy with GEO. It's easier to get att% buffs on trusts, than att+ and bolster Precision is only +200 acc, while SV honor+madrigal is 344.

It's actually easy to get magic kills with brd/sch and use dark arts, mab gear and something like Daybreak as weapon (it has so much magic damage, that even Tier II nukes will do like 6k and you can spam them after taking mob below 10% hp).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2024-09-26 19:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think Terror is believed to be associated with Earth, but I also seem to recall some tests hinting at being irrelevant towards resistance against it (or was it a thing just for Dragon's Absolute Terror?)
I beleive it was determined to be a type of petrify, which meant resist petrify effects applied to terror.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-26 19:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Only possible issue is how to get the magic kills, might have to rely on Shantotto or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shantotto II could hit for like 15k+ MB. Acuex take +50% fire damage, so you could have the BRD do Fire Threnody on each Acuex, then liquefaction or fusion on SAM, and it would be dead for sure.

SimonSes said: »
brd/sch

This is a cool idea too, since you get access to firestorm for C/G.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2024-09-27 01:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys think that PLD empyrean body mechanics being bugged with Fomors have something to do with CoP's fomor hate mechanics affecting it?
By Nariont 2024-09-27 01:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda doubt it and that its just a overflow/underflow sort of error, think it was tested and even the original emp body had that issue, we just never had any fomor/shade mobs with player WS to test it against, least im pretty sure the ones in dyna we're all we had and they only had regular TP moves
By SimonSes 2024-09-27 07:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I wouldn't be surprised if Shantotto II could hit for like 15k+ MB. Acuex take +50% fire damage, so you could have the BRD do Fire Threnody on each Acuex, then liquefaction or fusion on SAM, and it would be dead for sure.

I can tell you from experience that it's just hard to control damage good enough to make 2xWS + skillchain that will leave mob under MB damage from Trust. It's much easier to hit 99k Kagero or Jinpu, then find 2nd WS that reliably put it very low, but can't kill it (like Enpi) and then just melee to ~5k HP left, disengage and 2xFire with brd/sch. It's simply faster and more reliable than trying to count on Trusts.
First Page 2 3 ... 861 862