Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 859 860 861
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-16 19:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
I looked on the wiki for Charybdis it says a dancer at level 75 can do it.What i would like to know is what gear set do u need to do it as a dancer at level 75.

Probably just need to spam fan dance with a hybrid evade/haste set. Why would you want this item on Dnc though?
I do not want it on dancer i want it on pld but i read that i can get it with out help as a dancer and that is something that is helpful for me seeing as finding help for this fight is a hard thing too do.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-09-16 19:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

TPing on NIN, Miodio gloves or Koga +2?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-16 19:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Koga +2
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-09-16 23:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Does TH increase Geode drop rates? Nearing the end of my STR dagger and don't want to pay 4M for geodes >_>;
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-09-17 02:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if there's more information out there, but I'm a little tired of arguing with people in voidwatch groups trying to convince them that it can't hurt to cap lights (especially when 5 is nearly done).

Majority of the people seem to think that since the first slot is always the rare drop, that blue lights/cells only increase the number of junk drops you get.

Small number of people think that having the extra slots from blue increases the chance of one of those being the rare items. (As in capping blue lights and not just red is beneficial for other than just junk stuff).

(Hope I'm typing that out in a way that makes sense!)

Has it ever been proven either way or is it all just speculation? Is there any conceivable way to test any of this?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-17 02:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I see it, is the more blue the better. I think the "good" drop only SORTS to the top. I don't think it's necessarily the first roll.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-09-17 02:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the "good" drop only SORTS to the top.

That's what I always assumed, and that having more blue/items gives you small little extra chances at the rare items, but so many dgaf about blue and argue otherwise that I can't help but wonder if I missed some testing or something somewhere.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-09-17 02:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Does TH increase Geode drop rates? Nearing the end of my STR dagger and don't want to pay 4M for geodes >_>;
Yes, but your time would be better spent farming gil to buy the geodes than farming the geodes themselves.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-17 02:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »

That's what I always assumed, and that having more blue/items gives you small little extra chances at the rare items, but so many dgaf about blue and argue otherwise that I can't help but wonder if I missed some testing or something somewhere.

I'm not even sure how that would be possible to test. But people on our server can be stupid as ***in that regard. I haven't played in a bit but it looks like the VW idiots are just as rampant now as they were then huh? sad >_<
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2012-09-17 03:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How would I macro Spur in Spellcast?

I've tried
Code
 <if type="PetCommand">
           <if spell="Spur" />  
		<equip when="precast" set="Spur" />	
     </if>

and that doesn't work at all.
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2012-09-17 04:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zyphos said: »

I've tried
Code
 <if type="PetCommand">
           <if spell="Spur" />  
     </if>

Not overly well versed in spellcast but try

Code
 <if type="PetCommand">
           <if spell="Spur">  
		<action type="equip" when="precast" set="Spur" />	
     </if>

Also this might work too sure on pet commands though
Code
<if Spell="Spur"><equip When="PreCast" Set="Spur"/></if>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-17 08:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »

Hasn't been any, so opinion remains divided. I personally bring cobalt cells and try to cap blue, it certainly doesn't hurt my odds on any given kill and I'd rather not take the chance of having to do more VW runs if it does matter and I ignore blue.

Asura.Chexmix said: »
Lakshmi.Zyphos said: »

I've tried
Code
 <if type="PetCommand">
           <if spell="Spur" />  
     </if>

Not overly well versed in spellcast but try

Code
 <if type="PetCommand">
           <if spell="Spur">  
		<action type="equip" when="precast" set="Spur" />	
     </if>

Also this might work too sure on pet commands though
Code
<if Spell="Spur"><equip When="PreCast" Set="Spur"/></if>
I don't know about this particular issue but "action type" has been outdated since 2.3 and it's functionally equivalent to what the person above you posted.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-17 13:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What stats to macro for jumps? I mean, new ones don't have modifiers right? Do you guys wear anything special for them?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-17 13:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no simple test to conclude whether they have an effect or not.

If you made a LS event out of it and did, say, 20 pils with 18 people with cobalt+rubicund then another 20(probably on another day unless you guys dont like sleep) without you'd have a decent sample(360 kills with/without). It wouldn't give terribly accurate results on tocis/dilaram yet, but it'd give you a good idea of whether cobalt effect plates and aliyat.

Of course, you'd need members that don't feel a need to say 'lololol another dilaram drop i cant keep' when they didn't get it. Reliability of reporting in VW has always seemed a bit poor to me, people love lying for attention.
 Odin.Walden
user: mtmartin
By Odin.Walden 2012-09-17 17:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

With a fixed ability to reduce delay, what jobs would you pick and why for low-manning medium difficulty fights?

I have 2-box for Haste spell and 2x Marches which gives me capped magical haste. I also use /DNC on the bard to give me another 5% JA Haste.

For the 3rd box I frequently bring SAM/WAR for Hasso and beat up fodder and dyna mobs with near capped delay.

This hasn't helped be to beat any NMs obviously because it offers little to no offensive value.

Given the circumstances, what will win hard fights the best given the above details? What jobs benefit most from capped delay?

If you could add 2 more jobs, what would they be?

I'd like to be able to multi-box Durinn and all the fights leading up to him.

Thanks in advance.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-17 17:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi box durinn? Abyssea use war nin or thf. Don't need no damn brd in abyssea. Dynamis Drg will probably be your best bet as far as benefiting from delay. Mainly because stardiver wrecks and drg has alot of JA procs. If you want a good setup for your trio box though, do brd/whm, dnc and thf for dynamis. Safe as far as having to cure spam and can bank about 600 a run if geared well. As far as abyssea jobs that benefit the most from capped delay, I would say war and drg. Drakesbane and raging rush are broken in abyssea. But for abyssea NMs, they die really fast with just good atma setups. I would recommend doing something like thf nin whm for abyssea.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-17 18:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you actually struggling with SAM/WAR, or just looking for an alternative? SAM has decent evasion, great PDT/MDT, and Seigan/TE. It's well suited to tanking. WAR benefits from having its face beat on a bit due to Retaliation; MNK and NIN are obviously safer alternatives and there are other adequate jobs too. Still, it's Abyssea at 99 cap. A WHM can simply out-cure damage taken in most fights without any issues, and Durinn is not an exception to that rule. Don't overthink it, just take your best DD or whatever offers the appropriate procs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-17 18:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
What stats to macro for jumps? I mean, new ones don't have modifiers right? Do you guys wear anything special for them?
Multiattack gear, AF3 feet for whichever one gets the TP bonus, and some STP wouldn't hurt to maintain your hit build. Fill in the rest with STR/attack.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-17 19:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Small question about skill and skill ups if i am a pld trying to skill healing do i get healing or whm magic skill ups slower then a whm would seeing as if that is right then i need to take my whm to 99 soon.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-17 19:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Small question about skill and skill ups if i am a pld trying to skill healing do i get healing or whm magic skill ups slower then a whm would seeing as if that is right then i need to take my whm to 99 soon.

healing magic is healing magic. you don't skill faster just because one job is A+ where one is B+ or w/e
By Artemicion 2012-09-17 19:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is capping Store TP effect and Meditate recast still an ideal group 1 merit setup for SAM, or did the Zanshin update change that?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-17 19:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanshin and Meditate came out fairly even last time I looked at it. Low buffs favors Meditate a little, high buffs and constantly engaged favors Zanshin. Koga owners should max Zanshin regardless imo simply because base Meditate timer lines up neatly with AM3 duration, but that's not really relevant here. Fun weapon though!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 06:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so, a spellcast\autoexec related question!

Fairly sure it should be possible to have autoexec change a group in my xml whenever I change my main weapon, but what would be the code for this?

Like, if I equip Apocalypse, it automaticly changes my group to "Apoc".

And would it be possible to make a rule that lets you toggle stuff on\off in a variable?
Let's say I have an accuracy variable, with the values Low, Mid, High.
Would it be possible to have 1 macro set up that lets me toggle between these 3, if possible with an echo message every time I change it?
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-09-18 07:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this SC question for RNG awhile back, I think w/ couple obvious changes and a little expansion via NotGroup="Scythe|Great Sword|Axe|etc" it should help for your first question.

Cut and pasted from RNG forum:
Fenrir.Kaomii said: »
For my weapon check:
Code
<if Advanced='"%EquipRange"=="Yoichinoyumi"' NotGroup="Archery">
     <action type="command" when="Precast">input /sc group Archery</action>
</if>

If Yoichinoyumi is equipped, and the group is Archery, it skips the check. If it's not archery, it'll change it to archery. You'd just make a rule for each weapon you're using.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 08:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks! :)
That should probably work!

Edit: Just tested it and yep, works like a charm :)
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-18 10:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

healing magic is healing magic. you don't skill faster just because one job is A+ where one is B+ or w/e
U sure i feel like whm gets faster skill ups then any other class in white magic.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-18 10:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How do job merits work when your not on that job i know mp and hp merits stay no matter what can someone explain this to me and how this works.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-18 10:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say this unless there's been a test done on it, and it doesn't feel like something there would have been one on. I'm on a new character and having capped every melee skill(which was awful), I'm pretty sure that a higher cap job will recieve better skill as a portion of the formula includes [skill cap for level]. As it's an accepted truth that an A-skill user will get higher sklil before skillups halt completely than a B-skill user, and generally agreed that you get better skillups in a certain range comparative to what the mob caps at(slows down as you approach mobs cap).. it's very likely that A skill will go up faster than B skill.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-09-18 11:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I wouldn't say this unless there's been a test done on it, and it doesn't feel like something there would have been one on. I'm on a new character and having capped every melee skill(which was awful), I'm pretty sure that a higher cap job will recieve better skill as a portion of the formula includes [skill cap for level]. As it's an accepted truth that an A-skill user will get higher sklil before skillups halt completely than a B-skill user, and generally agreed that you get better skillups in a certain range comparative to what the mob caps at(slows down as you approach mobs cap).. it's very likely that A skill will go up faster than B skill.

Talking from personal experience I get more enhancing skillups on WHM than I do on RDM, despite RDM having the higher skill. I know you're talking about healing skill and enhancing but its sort of the same thing. Healing skill as far as my personal experience has always sucked to skillup anyway. I personally think that the lower your skill is the more likely you are to get skillups, hence my WHM mule getting skillups every other cast because her skill sucks.

All this could be mere coincidence though.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 859 860 861