Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 255 256 257 ... 859 860 861
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-02-21 13:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
can someone explain to me how farming colorless souls work.my friend told me something like you get T3 then get T2 on a new ki and you will never lose T3 i was really confused when i was told this so can someone explain it to me.

also dose this break any rules of the tos and be honest with me please.I have not done this btw.
If your goal is ONLY to pop T2 over and over for seals or other drops this works. Having a T3 will prevent your colorful from upgrading.

However... you cannot pop T3 which is what souls come from. So this strategy is worthless.

You must buy a new T1 upgrade to t2 then fight people for a moderate change to upgrade to T3 and then pop the T3 and then you will lose the T3 pop and must start over.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-21 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Get T1, get T2, get T3, pop T3, kill T3, get 1-2 souls and rinse and repeat.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-21 13:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
kill stuff, get stuff. rinse, repeat.
but that dose not help my question about getting T3 and holding a T2 so the T2 cant upgrade and then the T3 wont be lost.or maybe i miss understood what my friend said.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-21 13:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

but that dose not help my question about getting T3 and holding a T2 so the T2 cant upgrade and then the T3 wont be lost.or maybe i miss understood what my friend said.
I assume you misunderstood. T3 cannot be stopped from breaking upon popping the corresponding NM. You can however build a T3 and then a T2 if you wish to continuously farm the T2 without having to worry about your T2 being lost to upgrades.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-21 13:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime you pop a T3VNM you lose the ki for that, right from start, so there is no tricks. There was a time where a glitch preventd people to lose that T3KI, but thats no longer.

But if you have both T3 and T2 KIs with you, as you cant have 2 T3 KI, your KI "colorful abyssite" wont change, remaining like that till you get rid your T3 KI, so it can become the new T3.

But thats also risky. Often T2 and T3 share the same pop place. You can get reading of your T2 and pop a T3.

To means of farming souls, that dont matter too much. Its just a waste having both in inventory, because you can also risk poping a T2 VNM for nothing.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-21 14:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the temachtiani gear from sparks worth buying? Not really sure how much or what +1 to skill rate gain is/does.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-21 15:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a known glitch with completing "Coming Full Circle"?

I 119'd burtgang and am trying to start another but it won't let me trade weapon to the NPC stating "You cannot successfully complete this trade transaction while in possession of a Serpentking Zahak relief shard. You must first finish the quest "Coming Full Circle" before trading a new weapon."

I have been to every NPC with weapon on, without weapon on, trading it, nothing is working.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-21 15:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »

I 119'd burtgang and am trying to start another but it won't let me trade weapon to the NPC stating "You cannot successfully complete this trade transaction while in possession of a Serpentking Zahak relief shard. You must first finish the quest "Coming Full Circle" before trading a new weapon."

I have been to every NPC with weapon on, without weapon on, trading it, nothing is working.

Have you watched the final cs at the imperial whitegate?

From wiki:

After receiving the unlocked weapon, wait until after the next Japanese midnight and check the Imperial Whitegate for another cutscene.
Talk to Abquhbah for the final cutscene and 3 Imperial Silver Pieces.

You used to be able to just cancel the quest whether it was finished or not, but now they make you finish it all up.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-21 15:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »

Have you watched the final cs at the imperial whitegate?

From wiki:

After receiving the unlocked weapon, wait until after the next Japanese midnight and check the Imperial Whitegate for another cutscene.
Talk to Abquhbah for the final cutscene and 3 Imperial Silver Pieces.

You used to be able to just cancel the quest whether it was finished or not, but now they make you finish it all up.

Like I said, I have been to every possible NPC it could be. Obviously that includes the one specifically stated in both wiki and BGwiki.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-21 16:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There seems to be alot of data out there+spreadsheets for dealing damage TO various monsters, but I haven't been able to find a spreadhseet or anything to model incoming damage dealt to a player by say Tojil/Archangels.
Has anyone figured out what the range of uncorrected damage is dealt by these monsters? What their attack/str/acc and so on is?
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-21 21:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I assume you misunderstood. T3 cannot be stopped from breaking upon popping the corresponding NM. You can however build a T3 and then a T2 if you wish to continuously farm the T2 without having to worry about your T2 being lost to upgrades.
that is what he told me but i still do not understand can you please explain it a bit more for me.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-21 22:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
that is what he told me but i still do not understand can you please explain it a bit more for me.
If you use T2 to pop something, it will try to change into T3. If you already have a T3, your current T2 will be stuck as a T2. This means you can use it to spawn T2 mobs as many times as you want.

If you spawn something with T3, the T3 will break. After this happens, your T2 will not be stuck anymore and the next time you use it, it will try to change into T3 again.
By Manaflow 2014-02-21 22:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tier2 can not upgrade to Tier3 if you already posses the Tier3 it would upgrade into. Tier3 will be lost as soon as you spawn the NM whether you kill it or not.

If you are asking if there is some way to keep the Tier3 from being lost, there is not. This only works for Tier1 and 2 because they upgrade and are not lost. Think of them as being rare.
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-02-22 03:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How low-mannable are Arch-Omega and Umagrhk? Thanks in advance! ^^
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-02-22 05:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Finality said: »
How low-mannable are Arch-Omega and Umagrhk? Thanks in advance! ^^

I am actually looking to solo Arch Omega myself, just do not know if it's done.
[+]
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-02-22 05:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I suppose I should also ask, how soloable is the CS apollyon2 for Glossy Fragment?
By Pantafernando 2014-02-22 05:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I suppose I should also ask, how soloable is the CS apollyon2 for Glossy Fragment?

If you can survive ahriman chainspell, lv3 petrification and astral flow, most likely you can solo it.

There is doom also, but its easier to avoid than the rest.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-02-22 05:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

If you can survive ahriman chainspell, lv3 petrification and astral flow, most likely you can solo it.

There is doom also, but its easier to avoid than the rest.

Oh my. I myself want to farm and sell the waist.

Do you think it'll solo'ble with mnk/dnc(spharai119 full af119)?

or would a THF(full af119) do it?
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2014-02-22 06:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rafaras, it's worth getting a metal chip and just trying. I solo it on dnc/whm with like 6min remaining. Stun nukes and Ahriman boss TP moves and remember to turn around on Mortal Ray. Otherwise the zone doesn't pose any threat and most things will miss you. Since nothing links it's pretty easy to pull the exact amount of mobs you want to fight at once. Keep the Ahriman camp for last in case Death gets you. There's really nothing to worry about from the Tauri (who of course drop Patentia Sash) outside of getting bored and missing Mortal Ray (one of them is a sam,, he's the only one that may use it very soon). Worst case, bring some holy waters.
[+]
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-02-22 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all, you're very informative!
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-22 18:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the basic requirements for reforging AF1? I don't seem to have the option on my mule :<
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-02-22 18:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

AF quests completed. Sea access. Items for upgrading.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-22 19:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, doh. Sea access is what they're missing. Oh well, thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-02-24 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there actually a pattern to Gulool Ja Ja's spawn conditions or is it just broken as hell?
By Pantafernando 2014-02-24 14:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox said: »
Is there actually a pattern to Gulool Ja Ja's spawn conditions or is it just broken as hell?

Broken.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-02-24 14:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its up to 7 days after death/server restarts, and if he is killed in besiege, it resets.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-02-25 01:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

i think its up to 7 days after death/server restarts, and if he is killed in besiege, it resets.

it's from 24 hours to 8 days.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-25 01:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

^these people have no idea what they're talking about, no clue how you pretend to know spawn condition from seeing a couple pops

seen 41 days last year on gulool, 2-3 pops each of all 3 kings in the last couple months were <1 week each, but the pop condition is presumably tied to something in toau and if anyone knows what it is they aren't speaking up

very few people kill them more than once or twice, and very few camps come from a real ToD so for the most part pop conditions are just conjecture
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-02-25 08:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, 2 question:

1. About enmity, this link provides some values

(http://kanican.livejournal.com/17145.html)

but it state "D" for magics enmity generated. Does that mean the enmity generated is the same value of the damage dealt? Also, the -enmity gear available, just substract that value of the enmity supose to be generated?

Like, if one blizzard deals 1000, generating 1000 of enmity, and the -enmity gear caps at 50, that mean its practically irrelevant what those gears contrinbute. Is like that the enmity and -enmity gear works?

2. Yesterday i got a coffer rank up in a delve low man (after i killed a nm) but unfortunelly we didnt kill tojil. Someone know how this affect the final reward?
First Page 2 3 ... 255 256 257 ... 859 860 861