Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 251 252 253 ... 859 860 861
 Siren.Mordeqai
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Mordeqai
By Siren.Mordeqai 2014-02-01 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
If your vanilla Ffxi crashes the same way the fully plugged in version does, I would think it's a corrupt file or something and try a check files or reinstall.
This. If you're using any .dat mods that mess with your icons/menus that aren't completely up-to-date they could also be the issue.

If I were to reinstall, I'd only need to reinstall FFXI, right? Not all of the other expansions and POL?

Also, I haven't messed with any .dat, all because I was afraid it might mess with the whole new sets of updates and such. lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-01 12:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Re:Cursna

Martel and Prothescar have been doing tests these very days

still undergoing but might want to follow that for further news.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2014-02-01 14:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been asked, even though i'm sure it has, but way back when I tossed w/e incomplete sets of af armor due to inventory issues (suprise). This was before porter moogles, mog sack, etc when you had to store af on the npc in a starter nation. Is there a way to get the af back. Trying to flag the quests and redo but to no avail. Hope I'm not gonna miss out on all that fancy thf stuff.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-02-01 14:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bongarippa said: »
Not sure if this has been asked, even though i'm sure it has, but way back when I tossed w/e incomplete sets of af armor due to inventory issues (suprise). This was before porter moogles, mog sack, etc when you had to store af on the npc in a starter nation. Is there a way to get the af back. Trying to flag the quests and redo but to no avail. Hope I'm not gonna miss out on all that fancy thf stuff.

If you can't reset your memories for the Job AF storyline quests, you might be missing some AF pieces that are obtained in coffers as that job in their respective dungeons. be sure to collect those too and store them away to be able to reset your memories
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-02-01 18:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone still doing MMM? I feel like I am the only one ; ; I have been trying to get lycopodium sash and couldn't find any info about drop conditions except some speculations. Has anyone ever found evidence as to how it is possible to increase the drop rate (being optimistic here to think it may be possible)?

There was an update in 2009 that said "The requirements to obtain treasure in MMM while using "Liquidation Team" have been adjusted." Typical ambigious update notes of SE... They have never said exactly how as expected from them. I tried adding runes to make the NM stronger as the speculations suggested but still nothing or this is just voidwatch grade drop rate, idk /sigh

edit: been trying to get the belt out of this; http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Kerwan

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-03 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »
Is anyone still doing MMM? I feel like I am the only one ; ; I have been trying to get lycopodium sash and couldn't find any info about drop conditions except some speculations. Has anyone ever found evidence as to how it is possible to increase the drop rate (being optimistic here to think it may be possible)?

There was an update in 2009 that said "The requirements to obtain treasure in MMM while using "Liquidation Team" have been adjusted." Typical ambigious update notes of SE... They have never said exactly how as expected from them. I tried adding runes to make the NM stronger as the speculations suggested but still nothing or this is just voidwatch grade drop rate, idk /sigh

edit: been trying to get the belt out of this; http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Kerwan
Droprates seem to be ***, I used might+supreme might and still took over 100 kills for some of the ra/ex when MMM was newish. The general consensus being thrown around was the more restrictions you impose on yourself, the better your chances.. but I haven't seen any data that substantiates it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-05 11:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for anyone that may regularly do VD SKCNM20s: what's your experience with the drop rate on the AF119 crafting mat?

Edit: Very small sample size, but after 3 runs we went 1/3 so think we'll stick with Difficult. 1/3 the clear time of VD so much more time efficient.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-02-05 15:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I dream it or is there some equipment specifically designed to aid skilling up?

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-06 03:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Did I dream it or is there some equipment specifically designed to aid skilling up?

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?q=tema

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11677/prouesse-ring

Add this to liminus earring for magic skill up.

And... Ugh... Terminus earring for combat skill up but good luck on that one. Probably you would cap all your combat skills if you skill properly by the time you find one terminus.

Add food, ionis and adoulin strong mobs, and skilling up even magic is breeze.

SE is saying that they will add RoE for opening chests. One can dream one of the reward to completion is the greatest drop in a zone.
 Bahamut.Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-02-06 06:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the stuff, can anyone confirm how good (or bad) this gear is?
 Bahamut.Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-02-06 06:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Add food, ionis and adoulin strong mobs, and skilling up even magic is breeze.
Where can I find worthwhile targets in Adoulin? Been hunting for a while and cant seem to find anything that isn't extremely easy prey
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-06 07:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So ive read in the update notes the prerequisites for the REM ilvl119 upgrade process I need one of the 3 delve mega boss KIs or a win one of the Macrocosmic orb fights on the difficult or very difficult setting. So does anyone know if it must be my orb or can I can the win from another persons orb? In the time I was on XIV it seems everyone got the Delve MB wins and doesnt do them anymore /cry.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2014-02-06 07:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the stuff, can anyone confirm how good (or bad) this gear is?

I always got really fast skillups when I equipped those items, either because it would allow .5s to happen at a regular rate, or just the amount I would get if I was in the skill sweetspot. Also stack food if you can with them to further enhance the benefits, if you can afford it.

Far as Adoulin mobs, I know Drifts has some very high level mobs, since they give out the most exp ingame and were checking IT when I tried to solo a few for quest items after it was introduced. I think you'll be fine as long as you're using Trust NPCs. Yorcia and Ravine will be your next best bets depending on ilvl and current skill level. Never seen a real big difference in the other areas outside of a few higher level versions of some mobs put in for stuff like the ores for GEO and RUN AF.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-02-06 16:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I'm kinda new to spellcast and trying to make one for rng, for some reason it always switches me to macro book 1,im guessing it's in the xml somewhere to change that?
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-02-07 07:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Meebles Batallia be solo'd all the way to the Mega Boss or without the Mega boss by any chance? I need the belt and it seems no one is interested when I shout.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-02-07 07:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
So ive read in the update notes the prerequisites for the REM ilvl119 upgrade process I need one of the 3 delve mega boss KIs or a win one of the Macrocosmic orb fights on the difficult or very difficult setting. So does anyone know if it must be my orb or can I can the win from another persons orb? In the time I was on XIV it seems everyone got the Delve MB wins and doesnt do them anymore /cry.

Doesn't need to be your orb
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-07 08:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
Creaucent Alazrin said: »

Doesn't need to be your orb

Thought so thank you very much. =D
 Valefor.Oxt
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-07 12:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Is there a trick to getting a Creel of Moat Carp from your mog garden or is it just pure luck? I've been at this for months now.

It looks like you'll be able to buy a Moat Carp Creel for 500 login points in Repeat Login Campaign #8
[+]
 Valefor.Angelous
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2014-02-08 18:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

what item is it that you can get that can make you clear some of the t1 vw ops. I read about it the other day and now I can not find it.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-02-08 20:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
Can Meebles Batallia be solo'd all the way to the Mega Boss or without the Mega boss by any chance? I need the belt and it seems no one is interested when I shout.
By Daemythos 2014-02-09 00:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any of the merited WS's worth getting?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-02-09 00:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

several. Last Stand, Extenterator, Shijin Spiral, Blade: Shun, Requiescat i know are all good.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-10 17:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Anybody got any advice on the amount of people/kinds of jobs I should take for RUN AF1 quest? I tried soloing it on NIN without knowing anything and it went about as well as you can imagine. These are scaled pretty high considering how they're level 105 or whatever.

I read that you can actually solo it on RUN but I figured I'd ask before I undertake a lengthy and risky solo.

Quote:
I'm thinking about breaking fishing rods to level my alts Woodworking - I know the Lu Shang's can't be lost unless interrupted somehow (zoning, spells, aggro, etc) but does this apply to all broken rods when trying to repair them? Thanks.

IIRC you can lose non Lu Shangs if you break the repair, but really I don't think it's worth repairing those to level WW, it's one of the cheapest crafts to level. But then, it's been literally years since I've leveled it so maybe a lot of the mats are hard to come by now.

Super late answer, just now did this nm, i didnt choose a minimum setup, but a safe one, with lots of extras in case of ohshit.

Well, it was 2 parties:

Tank: run and whm
Dd: 4x blm, 1 cor, 1 geo

Run and whm make sure to survive and hold hate.

Blm nuke with thunder element, the highest dmg. Geo used geo malaise and indi fade in blms. Prob this wasnt necessary. Cor was there to use 3 random deals and possible 1 wild card.

Run poped nm and get some hate. Blm poped at start subtle sorcery and start the nuking. While sp2 is active, they wont grab attention, and 4 blm can take down till 40% before subtle wears off. Once it wear, you will start grabing too much hate, so need to time all enmity douse when run lose control. That moment, cor pop random deal and blms restart nuking.

If necessary, cor use wild card for a chance of subtle or in the worst case, a second and third enmity douse (with second random deal). In a setup with 4 blm casting thunder 2, each thunder for 1200 (blm not well geared, good augments, bu no accessories), the nm was defeated short after random deal, so it wasnt necessary the second enmity douse. So, i believe it easnt necessary the geo, and with cor, prob 2 blm could take him down, providing to use the 3 random deals or 2 subtles.

With this setup, nm was beated in less than 5 mins.

Edit: well you didnt mention the nm, so i just assumed it was the elemental one, starmauth or something like that.
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-11 09:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick question on movement speed because of the past update.

I know Bolter's Roll/Fleet Wind/Mazurka all stack. Assuming I got 11 on Bolter's Roll and the other 2 buffs would that make me cap movement speed/be as quick as someone with flee?
By Pantafernando 2014-02-11 09:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap to movement speed?

You must tell this to all those dirty flee hackers...
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-11 10:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is there a cap to movement speed?

You must tell this to all those dirty flee hackers...

I assumed there was a cap because they didn't increase flee speed with update. If they didn't update it I would think that would mean there is a hard cap in programming? Not sure if you could get around a hard cap even with hacks(I assumed hacks just let you keep flee speed all the time and walk through walls?).

But if there isn't a set cap would all 3 buffs and movement speed gear make you go faster than flee now?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-02-11 10:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Flee speed is +100% movement speed (before update)

Bolter's Roll/Fleet Wind/Mazurka all give +25% movement speed.
If they do stack, considering precedent update gave us +25% movement speed, you should hit the hard cap without any +ms gear.

Going to test it tonight.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 251 252 253 ... 859 860 861