Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 249 250 251 ... 859 860 861
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-01-22 20:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been hashed out already but what is the fastest way to farm 50k sparks?
By freewaybum 2014-01-22 20:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I just returned from a few years off. I see all these items that are <item level: 117> and have <random combat skill> +108, but when I equip it, my combat skill doesnt change. is there a secret to it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-22 20:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It only applies to the hand the weapon is in, calculated at time of attack. As a result, it won't show in the equip menu, but it is reflected in your stats.

(As a side note, when dual wielding the offhand will receive the skill from your offhand weapon and your mainhand will receive the skill from your mainhand weapon, they aren't added together.)
 Diabolos.Epicgalka
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Epicgalka 2014-01-22 20:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. thank you
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2014-01-23 02:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Sorry if this has been hashed out already but what is the fastest way to farm 50k sparks?

Keep doing Records of Eminence quests. Your jobs, skill level, gear, and what you find "fun" will dictate what you can do best.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-01-23 04:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a trick to getting a Creel of Moat Carp from your mog garden or is it just pure luck? I've been at this for months now.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-23 04:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You may want to try the fishing map in Moblin Maze Mongers.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2014-01-23 08:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Is there a trick to getting a Creel of Moat Carp from your mog garden or is it just pure luck? I've been at this for months now.

I got mine on all three characters with an unlevelled pond just using Super Baitball. Took a few weeks for one character, others went 1/2 and 1/7. Had the Mithra attendant on "Catch something" as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2014-01-23 14:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the temp ki do that you get for complete the RoE wildskeeper reives?

What's the best way to lol shield skill on old besides the skill tomes
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-01-23 14:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angelous said: »
Anyone know what the temp ki do that you get for complete the RoE wildskeeper reives?

What's the best way to lol shield skill on old besides the skill tomes
Collect them all and turn them into a RoE npc to exchange them for one of the ilvl 115 pieces that WKR drop, just like the npc in the library except repeatable.

As for shield skill, Abyssea, regen atmas and a lot of mandies.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-23 18:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't find an answer anywhere so I will ask here.

Does equipping a thief's knife, TH hands,and TH feet add to the currency drop rate after procing red in dynamis?

And is full timing thief's knife in the 2nd slot weapon result in more currency drop?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-23 18:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
Didn't find an answer anywhere so I will ask here.

Does equipping a thief's knife, TH hands,and TH feet add to the currency drop rate after procing red in dynamis?

And is full timing thief's knife in the 2nd slot weapon result in more currency drop?

TH affects drop rates both with and without a proc.

TH knife does work but I feel you're worse off wearing it because your kill speed declines significantly wearing such a shitty off-hand and it isn't worth loosing tp to tag mobs with only +1 TH over what you get normally from traits, hands and feet.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-23 18:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, and assuming you're going THF you can just put TH gear into your Quickstep/Box Step macro for easier TH6 application. You don't want to TP in those pieces.

No. Use an iLv dagger.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-01-23 22:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Magic Damage stat affect magic WS or QD?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-01-23 23:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
Does Magic Damage stat affect magic WS or QD?

quick draw, yes. it adds the value to the base damage. not sure about magic WS. i would assume so though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-01-24 00:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kparser still broken?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-24 03:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think having one mainhand ilv119 you can aford having a thfs knife in ofhand, just to hold dmg till you can proc.

Its a hard math, but the question is: the amount of time you would save by killing with 119/119 or 119/thfs knife allow extra mobs so you can net the same amount as having one extra th in everyone? Prob the difference isnt great, but being overpowered will happen more often you to end killing without procs.

Also debatable the real differnce off one extra th. I can say for stuffs like abyssea (seals/items+2/empy items) the diference is HUGE, so i never start a figt without th7 and bear full timing atma of dread, because its worth.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-24 04:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It was optimal to use a good dagger over Thief's Knife for Dynamis before item level weapons came out, so obviously using something like Eminent Dagger now would produce much better results. For "Decent Challenge" mobs it's not the end of the world if you kill something before proccing it. They have a decent drop rate on the coin(s) that drop with or without procs.

As for +2 items and Empyrean items, you could throw on Thief's Knife for 1 hit to apply TH7, but afterwards you have no business keeping it on. For seals I wouldn't even bother carrying it around.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-01-24 04:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty safe to say that having an ilvl dagger in your offhand will be better than using a thf's knife. You will kill much faster, which will negate any small gain you'd be getting from an extra TH.

Using thf's knife until you proc or to apply th7 can be a tricky game to either watch and swap after you get 100 tp and ws, or if you swap out immediately you're constantly losing tp, which is going to slow down your overall kill speed as well. It's just not worth it.

However (as others have mentioned) it's definitely worth it to put your hands/feet into something to make sure Th6 is applied to everything.

Thief's knife is more reserved for fights that either a) aren't time constrained or b)when you're specifically targeting something for a drop.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-24 04:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When i was doing old nyzul as cor, i saw that normal melee hit ddint really matter because 1 ws normally i shooted any mob. So i didnt see a point in dual wielding eminent scimitar and halachuinic sword, if the second hand wasnt producing effective results, as all would end with the next ws, so i decide to use joyeusse, to faster tp gain.

I think in dynamis is similar. Till you proc, you wont slash a ws, and when you proc it, he should be or around 40% with 2 ilv weapons, or 60-50% with just one ilv, and it will die next ws, so whats the real gain in having 2 strong dagger? Is dmg the factor limiting your earning? I dont think so.

Need to test, but my opinion is that dmg isnt the current limiting factor, and if you can spare reducing dmg without reducing your performance, you would benefit with one extra th or even oynos knife.

But if you need more than a ws to kill the mob, sure, you must dualwielding your strongest daggers.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-24 04:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When something gets low, you either just kill it or move to the next mob while keeping the old one on you and proc both whenever the RNG decides to be nice to you, which is what I do. Also, if I have a mob sitting at an HP value where I wouldn't get the most out of my WS, then I'll simply WS a mob nearby and continue swinging at my current one.

And I'm not sure why you brought up old Nyzul. Those mobs are much weaker than DC Dynamis mobs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-01-24 06:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
When something gets low, you either just kill it or move to the next mob while keeping the old one on you and proc both whenever the RNG decides to be nice to you, which is what I do. Also, if I have a mob sitting at an HP value where I wouldn't get the most out of my WS, then I'll simply WS a mob nearby and continue swinging at my current one.

And I'm not sure why you brought up old Nyzul. Those mobs are much weaker than DC Dynamis mobs.

Because dc mobs became also much weaker.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-01-25 11:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got my delve Bee win last night, was wondering if there was any uses for vespid mantle and beeline ring? I get to play most jobs so keep that into consideration ;p
By minikomby 2014-01-25 15:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys
I have a question, does indi/geo-precision give ranged acc too or just Melee acc, anyone know this?
By Sparklepony 2014-01-25 22:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a quick question about entering AA 2 and difficult settings. I know on SE site it says you had to have beaten an ark angel to select higher than normal, but if you are not the first one entering, can you join a difficult / very difficult without having beat the ark angel yet?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-25 22:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-01-26 10:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know if the rest of the items needed for AF4+1 are dropped from the ark angel fights seeing as each item is like 2mil plus.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-26 10:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I would like to know if the rest of the items needed for AF4+1 are dropped from the ark angel fights seeing as each item is like 2mil plus.

Chapters and a kind of synthesys material can drop from aa.
First Page 2 3 ... 249 250 251 ... 859 860 861