Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 245 246 247 ... 859 860 861
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-01-03 14:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Houppelande said: »
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
whhhhhhaat? They are augmentable?

lol That's the thing - I'm not actually sure. I thought I saw a person but maybe I'm going crazy.

Its okay, we all have those ingame moments. The other day I saw someone running around with what looked like 4 Trust NPCs, i was like, whaattttttttttt???? howw??? and then I noticed it was a puppet
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2014-01-03 14:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Houppelande said: »
whhhhhhaat? They are augmentable?

lol That's the thing - I'm not actually sure. I thought I saw a person but maybe I'm going crazy.

Its okay, we all have those ingame moments. The other day I saw someone running around with what looked like 4 Trust NPCs, i was like, whaattttttttttt???? howw??? and then I noticed it was a puppet

Someone the other day asked me how I had 4 Trust NPCs but the 4th one was my regular NPC ^^
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-01-03 14:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same thought when someone ran past me with 4 npc's, it wasn't until a few minutes later when one of the NPC's names actually registered in my head. Sahyu is the name of my fellow NPC that I haven't used in over a year.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-04 03:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the teleport that takes me to the West side of Al'Taieu?
By Pantafernando 2014-01-04 04:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
What's the teleport that takes me to the West side of Al'Taieu?

Dem

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060617080408/ffxi/images/c/cf/Limbus_entrances.jpg
By Pantafernando 2014-01-04 12:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
Is there a command to talk to a specific npc?
Or a script that make the char specificly choose an option?
Ex: its possible with one button do char talk to dominion guy to chose a page?
Thanks
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-04 16:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Thanks

if you fiddle with your camera a bit you can make /targetnpc always grab the same one... Are you seriously wanting to write a script to restart dom ops for you while you AFK? Because that is probably the laziest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-04 17:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

if you do it with keypresses, you end up *** if your camera changes because you get the annoying 'cannot see target' bit

the talk to npc packet is

0x1A 0x08 [sequencing, 2 bytes, don't need to worry about this windower does it] [entity id, 4 byte] [entity index, 2 bytes] 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

you can use windower's lua interface to make a script to do that
[+]
By Refia1 2014-01-04 17:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does more people lower your nyzul tokens?
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-05 00:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How can I know what meeble mission I have left to finish for it the 3rd rank? Which NPC?

And to who I trade the Kupons-Iseal/Kupouns-Alum too? Is it one NPC or each kupon has difference npcs?
By Pantafernando 2014-01-05 02:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Hi.
Thanks

if you fiddle with your camera a bit you can make /targetnpc always grab the same one... Are you seriously wanting to write a script to restart dom ops for you while you AFK? Because that is probably the laziest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Not really.
While dualboxing, takes a lot of time alt+tab then waiting all chitchat and restart page.
If i could do that with send, i could restart a new page while im working on pulls (im talking about fell cleave in abyssea).
By Pantafernando 2014-01-05 02:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
How can I know what meeble mission I have left to finish for it the 3rd rank? Which NPC?

And to who I trade the Kupons-Iseal/Kupouns-Alum too? Is it one NPC or each kupon has difference npcs?

About meeble, idk.
About the cupoms, all the cupoms can be traded to mog dealer, the same one that stand near mog bonanza.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-01-05 16:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if you do it with keypresses, you end up *** if your camera changes because you get the annoying 'cannot see target' bit

the talk to npc packet is

0x1A 0x08 [sequencing, 2 bytes, don't need to worry about this windower does it] [entity id, 4 byte] [entity index, 2 bytes] 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

you can use windower's lua interface to make a script to do that

So this packet is like a code we send to server and it recognizes as an "enter" function, providing the npc is already selected?
I was reading the lua guides, and i didnt find too much info in that between the code and the packet. Is there a function that send this code to SE server?
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-01-05 21:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to get spellcast up and running for the 1st time. Read through the Spellcast for dummies forum. Looked up my spellcast folder and all i see are debug_Name.log files, no xmls. Do I edit the .log file into an xml? Can i rename it Finality_PLD.xml or should I leave it named as the debug file? Thanks in advance. ._.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-05 23:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So this packet is like a code we send to server and it recognizes as an "enter" function, providing the npc is already selected?
I was reading the lua guides, and i didnt find too much info in that between the code and the packet. Is there a function that send this code to SE server?
A packet is what your game sends the server when you select the npc and press enter. Sending the packet does the act of talking to the npc without any keypresses, so it doesn't matter whether you're facing it or you have a menu open or whatever, as long as you're in range.
Code
windower.packets.inject_outgoing(0x1A, string.char(0x1A,0x08,0x00,0x00,[4 bytes representing npc's ID],[2 bytes representing npc's index],0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00)

This is the bit you'd eventually call to send it, if you make a plugin to do it you'll want to make sure it's within 6' before you send the packet.

http://dev.windower.net/doku.php?id=lua:interface_functions:input_functions:start

Functions to get the mob's id and index are in there.

i hate lua, but might make an addon for it later if i feel inspired
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-05 23:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Finality said: »
Trying to get spellcast up and running for the 1st time. Read through the Spellcast for dummies forum. Looked up my spellcast folder and all i see are debug_Name.log files, no xmls. Do I edit the .log file into an xml? Can i rename it Finality_PLD.xml or should I leave it named as the debug file? Thanks in advance. ._.

No, you have to put an xml file in there. There are plenty of ready XML's for all jobs of varying complexity.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-01-06 20:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What do i need step by step to do the new divine might the one people are calling divine might V2?

also what is the new run called?
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-01-06 20:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
Does more people lower your nyzul tokens?
no not really what lowers it is doing things that the floors tell you not to do like attacking monsters (gears) when it says not 2 things like that lower your token gain.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-01-06 21:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, got sc up and running, pretty cool.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2014-01-07 07:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

who do i talk to in order to wipe my AF memory. i tossed my original AF for lots of jobs years ago ; ;
By Pantafernando 2014-01-07 07:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Phatstackodax said: »
who do i talk to in order to wipe my AF memory. i tossed my original AF for lots of jobs years ago ; ;

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Vingijard
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2014-01-07 08:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks
By minikomby 2014-01-07 18:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone

anyone know and can tell me if new items were added on new year event?
this event where you trade stuff and can get radnom buffs or special event items
By volkom 2014-01-07 18:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

why hasn't there been a invite to party from the friend list yet :|
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-07 18:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
why hasn't there been a invite to party from the friend list yet :|

Nobody asked for it?
By volkom 2014-01-07 18:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i would like it
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-01-07 19:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
What do i need step by step to do the new divine might the one people are calling divine might V2?

Read the December 11 update notes, which spell everything out very clearly: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38764#post482620

Basically, win all 5 individual AA fights on Normal difficulty or higher (entry cost = 20 merits for each 1-time use Temporary Key Item), then you can buy the entry KI for the new Divine Might for 30 merits.
First Page 2 3 ... 245 246 247 ... 859 860 861