Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 225 226 227 ... 860 861 862
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-09-23 19:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what would cause my FF screen to constantly lighten/darken by itself? It's like someones sitting there hitting F11 on and off. It only happens with my FF screen and nothing else, so pretty sure it's not anything with my monitor. Sometimes it randomly goes so dark it's really hard to even see anything :(

(Using windower 4)

Pretty sure it's plugin/addon related, as it doesn't show up in screenshots.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-24 04:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
Due to in my farm in aby uleguerand i often get isgebind popset in gold pyxie and my dualbox having some millions in cruor, i was thinking in poping the dragon after i get 2 pops and brew (as blm) 2 isgebing at same time. Didnt work last time because my dual is blm and isgebind is strong against magic (my ajas were doing 4k, impossible to finish in 3 mins). So, i was wondering if there is any way of reliable killing 2 isgebind before a brew wore off (my dual just have sch, whm, blm, bst and geo at 99).
Thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-24 04:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic based
Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Due to in my farm in aby uleguerand i often get isgebind popset in gold pyxie and my dualbox having some millions in cruor, i was thinking in poping the dragon after i get 2 pops and brew (as blm) 2 isgebing at same time. Didnt work last time because my dual is blm and isgebind is strong against magic (my ajas were doing 4k, impossible to finish in 3 mins). So, i was wondering if there is any way of reliable killing 2 isgebind before a brew wore off (my dual just have sch, whm, blm, bst and geo at 99).
Thanks in advance.

Casting magic in general is a bad way to use a brew. Try using a magic based weapon skill, like Earth Crusher, with proper atmas to give Magic Damage+ to that element. You should be able to kill 2 using this method.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-24 11:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
Is there a cap for defense reduction status? And the multiples way to inflict that, they all add or multiply?
As an example, if in a fight we use dia iii (15%), acid bolts (12,5%), geo-frailty (13%) and angon (20%), the total reduction will be (15+12,5+13+20=) 60,5% or (0,85*0,875*0,87*0,8=) 51,765% ?
Also, the delve nm can resist any form of def reduction stats?
Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-09-24 11:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They add and there is no known cap. You cannot stack Acid Bolts and Angon because they both give Defense Down.

Different forms of defense reduction are more reliable than others. There are 4 forms right now:
* Geo-Frailty: 100% Reliable
* Box Step (Sluggish Daze): 100% Reliable
* Dia III (Dia): 100% Reliable
* Defense Down: Reliability varies by source. Angon is 100% reliable.

The sum is more like this:
Geo-Frailty (13%) + Box Step Lv.5 (13%) + Angon (25% with AF2+2) + Dia III (24% with one Light Shot, or Dia II with two light shots) = 75% Defense reduction
[+]
 Bahamut.Braxtaru
Server: Bahamut
user: braxtaru
By Bahamut.Braxtaru 2013-09-24 14:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone got a map.ini for the new areas that include the Delve/Skirmish areas ?

I updated mine with the outside SoA areas and uses the marked map files. but not been able to find any info on inside.

or Alternativly. Know how to generate the lines for the related areas and I'll just do it :)
 Bahamut.Braxtaru
By Bahamut.Braxtaru 2013-09-24 14:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Anyone know what would cause my FF screen to constantly lighten/darken by itself? It's like someones sitting there hitting F11 on and off. It only happens with my FF screen and nothing else, so pretty sure it's not anything with my monitor. Sometimes it randomly goes so dark it's really hard to even see anything :(

(Using windower 4)

This happens to me with Timers addon. Not always but sometimes, I find it happens more when I have timers in text mode (when dual-boxing and i have smaller windows i put it in text mode)

Usually //reload timers fixes it (for me) but sometimes it just comes right back and I have to wait till whichever ja/spell is causing it to time out
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-24 14:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Thanks in advance.

Cataclism will rip them apart with the right atma setup.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-25 17:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
1st World problem -_-
Looking for Bard's Slipper's +2 Augmented on BGwiki. I found the attire set but when I click on the Slipper's I get redirected to the regular +2 stuff. Just want to see the little picture >.>

Are you really just complaining about the bg link?
The picture can be found in ffxi wikia though bg provides the info of enhanced effect of augmented piece.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-09-25 19:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Braxtaru said: »

(Using windower 4)

This happens to me with Timers addon. Not always but sometimes, I find it happens more when I have timers in text mode (when dual-boxing and i have smaller windows i put it in text mode)

Usually //reload timers fixes it (for me) but sometimes it just comes right back and I have to wait till whichever ja/spell is causing it to time out

As far as I can tell it actually is timers. anyone know if this is a known bug? Or if there's anywhere I can go to report it? Or if there's anyway other than //reloading to fix it? (reloading is a little impractical because I lose everything I was tracking)
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-09-25 19:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

BST question: I recently acquired Kerehcatl axe, and will obviously main-hand that. My next best axe is Brethren axe, which has significantly lower DPS than Kere. For maximum DPS, am I better off going Kere/shield, or dual wielding Kere/Brethren? This question is for solo play, so /WAR is not an option...I will be /DNC either way. I'm not sure if the delay reduction from dual-wield II makes up for the lower dmg off-hand hits. Math ppl, help me out?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-25 19:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »
BST question: I recently acquired Kerehcatl axe, and will obviously main-hand that. My next best axe is Brethren axe, which has significantly lower DPS than Kere. For maximum DPS, am I better off going Kere/shield, or dual wielding Kere/Brethren? This question is for solo play, so /WAR is not an option...I will be /DNC either way. I'm not sure if the delay reduction from dual-wield II makes up for the lower dmg off-hand hits. Math ppl, help me out?

DW delay is mainhand delay + offhand delay / DW tier. /DNC is DW2 or 15% reduction.

Unless you're offhanding a seriously low damage or high delay weapon, dual wielding will almost always increase your DPS.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-09-26 00:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, is there a way to extend the length of graphical timers in Windower 4 so the text isn't overlapping itself?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-09-28 00:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who is overly familiar with SSR2.. is all the crap leading up to the nq boss on the 4th floor worth farming for alex?
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-09-29 21:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who is overly familiar with SSR2.. is all the crap leading up to the nq boss on the 4th floor worth farming for alex?

Because of how fast mobs die in there now, you will most likely finish the run with a lot of time still left on the clock, so you might as well just go ahead and farm everything you can. It was different when you had to prioritize what to kill and what to skip because of time restraints, but now you can just slaughter everything.
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-09-30 14:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished souls for Daurdabla and was wondering if I will still need to worry about Apademak leveling up. Can I just power it down with Oat mnk, Thf, and whm or should I still focus on stunning spells and what not? Have not fought him for a good while so unsure how Delve gear has changed strat.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-09-30 14:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He still has an awful lot of hit points. Stunning spells is really the way to go, even if it's just to avoid Fulmination.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-09-30 15:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »

Because of how fast mobs die in there now, you will most likely finish the run with a lot of time still left on the clock, so you might as well just go ahead and farm everything you can. It was different when you had to prioritize what to kill and what to skip because of time restraints, but now you can just slaughter everything.

"The room which connects both the east and west paths at H-9 contains one additional Archaic Rampart which spawns Dvergr (NM). The condition for the presence of this rampart is likely linked to the time taken between teleporting to F4 and opening the Gilded Doors to the central connecting room, so you should proceed immediately to the unlocking this door before tackling the rest of the floor. Verification Needed"

That's what BGWiki says and im sure its 10mins as I used to spam that zone and we missed the nq boss once by taking too long having a relaxed farm and didn't think it not spawning would be possible. So its just best to get the door open at the end first before farming floor 4 so you can make sure the nq boss rampart pops.

For that floor with a trio setup dd thf and mage I would recommend clearing first 3 ramparts quickly to avoid backtracking then you arrive at the big middle room with the three chariots that pop off the central rampart. I would have the thf sack using either this rampart or one of the gears that pop from the side two ramparts in this room and use it to link-agro the remaining 5 ramparts to pop the 5 acroliths meanwhile have the dd start clearing the big room. After the thf has done popping all gears and acroliths he needs to open the door to pop the nq boss then flee back to the middle room again and help there. Pre seekers a full clear ssr2 even with a full floor 4 would be around 65-90mins max.

As for apademak with a thf, dd and mage have the thf sub a job which can stun drk or blm it really isnt hard and it never resisted with no gear on really to help land the spell. Pre seekers I did the whole stage fine thf/blm lol with a monk friend and a scholar. I used to like this setup esp pre brava nerf. But with 2 melee on it dd and a thf the fight should never be long enough for the thf to see any resists and now with seekers gear having all stats on all pieces i wouldn't be supprised if the best thf tp gear now has 200macc on it also.

(razed/apoc/ultimate) as thf/blm so one macc atma. Hope this info helps you both somewhat.
 Bahamut.Braxtaru
By Bahamut.Braxtaru 2013-09-30 16:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Braxtaru said: »
As far as I can tell it actually is timers. anyone know if this is a known bug? Or if there's anywhere I can go to report it? Or if there's anyway other than //reloading to fix it? (reloading is a little impractical because I lose everything I was tracking)

https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/98

one of the reports is mine from a while ago. I still get it now and again, it seemed to go away for ages and now its back
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-09-30 23:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, SOA has been out for several months already and I still don't know the answer to this one--so why does the Anomaly Expert have a mannequin head? ;_;

Is that like a requirement to be an expert in anomalies? To be anomalous oneself? :p

What's even weirder is she talks about how pretty she is, and if you sit and watch her, her mannequin eyes actually blink. @_@;;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-01 07:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any spells/abilities in the game that can be used on Alliance members but cannot be used on people outside of alliance?

I am not talking about spells that are restricted to your current party.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-01 07:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Embrava?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-01 07:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
It's quite possible she follows the same idea as the monstrosity NPCs and is actually a simple body being controlled by a Corpselight or another such being.
By beniwo 2013-10-01 07:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i came back to the game after ppl were clearing 1-5 boss in delve already so it's hard for me to get any voidwatch clears..
if i buy the pulse cells can i trade them for items no problem? or do i need some KI's or something to be eligible?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-01 07:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Embrava?

Nope, you can cast Embrava on anyone.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-01 07:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

beniwo said: »
i came back to the game after ppl were clearing 1-5 boss in delve already so it's hard for me to get any voidwatch clears..
if i buy the pulse cells can i trade them for items no problem? or do i need some KI's or something to be eligible?
You must defeat the monster associated with the item at least once (just need its title) to be able to trade the pulse cell for its respective item.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-01 07:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Embrava?

Nope, you can cast Embrava on anyone.
Ah fair enough, to be honest I`ve never even tried to cast it on anyone outside of party/alliance. I have no idea then.
First Page 2 3 ... 225 226 227 ... 860 861 862