Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 ... 860 861 862
By eciurb 2013-09-18 11:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Two questions. Does certain items in Apollyon or Temenos drop more often in certain zones then others? I'm currently after Monk Af body+1 pieces and been spamming Apollyon NE since I can fly through that on monk easily. About 10 runs and haven't seen ignot yet but see a lot of common drops there often but some random ones here and there which leads me to believe certain zones drop certain items more often. I try'd looking this up but can't find anything any where besides that the items drop in Apollyon or Temenos.

Other question is, if a mob charms you, does it lose its TH level? Started doing Valkum Boss when DC mob camps are taken. When it does happen to charm me, I've just been switching back to TH set real quick to reapply and back to DD set on THF. I haven't proc'd TH+ on yet it, so can't tell. Obviously a simple fix but just curious is all.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-18 11:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

eciurb said: »
Two questions. Does certain items in Apollyon or Temenos drop more often in certain zones then others? I'm currently after Monk Af body+1 pieces and been spamming Apollyon NE since I can fly through that on monk easily. About 10 runs and haven't seen ignot yet but see a lot of common drops there often but some random ones here and there which leads me to believe certain zones drop certain items more often. I try'd looking this up but can't find anything any where besides that the items drop in Apollyon or Temenos.

Other question is, if a mob charms you, does it lose its TH level? Started doing Valkum Boss when DC mob camps are taken. When it does happen to charm me, I've just been switching back to TH set real quick to reapply and back to DD set on THF. I haven't proc'd TH+ on yet it, so can't tell. Obviously a simple fix but just curious is all.

AF+1 items: Yes. Not only certain areas, but certain floors drop certain parts more often. Each zone is a bit different in its dynamic, but old wiki has some relatively accurate information on the drop rate of each piece for each floor in each zone.

NE apollyon has this as estimated drop rates for ancient brass:

F1 1.8%
F2 5%
F3 3%
F4 2.3%
F5 ?(probably can't drop)

Most likely it's 5% on each floor but user reported drops can only be so accurate and FFXIDB doesn't collect limbus chest drop data.

SE Apollyon has only once chance to drop, on floor 3 but lists an estimated 59.2% drop rate. You might try that one.

For TH:

I think when you die or loose hate TH is not active until you act on the mob again. If the mob goes white and passive, TH values are completely lost but if it's still claimed, then acting on it and putting yourself back on the hate list will restore the original TH level.

But, I've heard several theories on how it works and it's slightly difficult to test but anytime our thf dies we try to get them back up and tag it prior to killing the mob just in case.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-18 15:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Member Name: Anything you want

POL ID: ABCD1234 format

SE ID: Something unique you've created. Mine could be valeforomnys, though it isn't.

Also, unrelated probably but (a few years ago) after reactivating an xbox-based account to play on PC, I had trouble logging in. I could login to the website, but I couldn't login to POL Viewer. They said that it was a known bug that....something something somehow...corrupts the encryption of passwords sometimes and that all you needed to do was to change your password online, and then change it back if you like.

lol se

how do I find out what unique SE ID I created?
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-18 15:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
[

Taking your screenshot as an example, the password that you save (i.e. abc123!@# on your pic) should be your POL password, which is NOT your square enix password unless you happen to set it to the same. You can reset that password in your SE account management page:
-> [Services and option] Select Service
-> ffxi
-> [Active account (which shows your POL ID that you should enter as on that screen)] option List
-> [Playonline ID option] Update Playonline password

Your Square enix ID and your square enix password is what you'd use to log into that management page

How do I find/change my POL password since it may be different than my SE password?
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-09-18 22:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ocachi Gorget vs. Light Gorget for Last Stand?
By fractalvoid 2013-09-18 23:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Light Gorget
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-09-19 16:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't get Spellcast to equip Cizin Greaves on my leg slot. Is this because they are misnamed in-game? Any way to get it working?
By Pantafernando 2013-09-19 19:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
What are the must have merits for geomancer delve oriented?
Thanks.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-19 19:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »
Can't get Spellcast to equip Cizin Greaves on my leg slot. Is this because they are misnamed in-game? Any way to get it working?

Are you also trying to equip Cizin greaves feet?

Try putting feet at the top of your set and legs at the bottom

<feet>Cizin Greaves</feet>
<head>...</head>
<body>...
...</rear>
<legs>Cizin Greaves</legs>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-09-19 22:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »

Are you also trying to equip Cizin greaves feet?

Try putting feet at the top of your set and legs at the bottom

<feet>Cizin Greaves</feet>
<head>...</head>
<body>...
...</rear>
<legs>Cizin Greaves</legs>

No, I'm using Whirlpool Greaves for feet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-19 23:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Vespid Mantle (ATK+35 WS-ACC:+10) V.s. Atheling Mantle (ATK+20 DA+3%)

I personally believe Vespid Mantle would be best option but not 100% sure................ Please do not Troll and be honest about it, looking for help.

Thank you.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-19 23:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
What are the must have merits for geomancer delve oriented?
Thanks.

do Following for Delve:

Group 1:
FULL CYCLE EFFECT 5/5
Ecliptic Attriction Recast 5/5

Group 2:

Mending Halation 5/5
Radial Arcana 5/5

Handbell 8/8 Geomancy 8/8
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-19 23:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Vespid Mantle (ATK+35 WS-ACC:+10) V.s. Atheling Mantle (ATK+20 DA+3%)

I personally believe Vespid Mantle would be best option but not 100% sure................ Please do not Troll and be honest about it, looking for help.

Thank you.

btw also took in consideration it might happen to lower total dmg due to removing the 3% but plz let me know what u guys think of it TY :D
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-20 00:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say that this will work, but it's worth a shot

Find your resources xml folder, mine is at
C:\Users\Customer\Downloads\Windower4\plugins\resources

Duplicate/backup items_armor.xml.

Open the file and search for the text Cizin-Reithose, replace that whole line with one of the following three. Any might work, only one might, none might.

I bolded how each line is different from the original, for clarity.

<i id="28192" enl="Cizin breeches" fr="Grègues de cizin" frl="paire de grègues de cizin" de="Cizin-Reithose" del="Cizin-Reithose" jp="キィジンブリーチズ" jpl="" jobs="00004182" races="01FE" level="99" targets="None" casttime="0" recast="0">Cizin Greaves</i>

<i id="28192" enl="Cizin greaves" fr="Grègues de cizin" frl="paire de grègues de cizin" de="Cizin-Reithose" del="Cizin-Reithose" jp="キィジンブリーチズ" jpl="" jobs="00004182" races="01FE" level="99" targets="None" casttime="0" recast="0">Cizin breeches</i>

<i id="28192" enl="Cizin breeches" fr="Grègues de cizin" frl="paire de grègues de cizin" de="Cizin-Reithose" del="Cizin-Reithose" jp="キィジンブリーチズ" jpl="" jobs="00004182" races="01FE" level="99" targets="None" casttime="0" recast="0">Cizin breeches</i>

Try referencing Cizin breeches in your equipment swap.

//reload spellcast, try a swap.

If that doesn't work, restore the backup and grumble at SE.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-20 01:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that items that aren't in the resources will crash you if you try to use them but is that because the Item ID is missing or is it a name match? If it only is based on the Item ID then that should work I would think.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-20 05:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling Mantle (ATK+20 Double Attack+3%) V.s. Vespid Mantle (ATK+35 WS-ACC+10) For WS in General and for Multi-hit WS Which and why ?
By Alpheus 2013-09-20 05:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
New areas and Seekers of Adoulin missions scheduled to be added with the November update mean that pioneers will be able to unearth even more of the Ulbukan continent's secrets. Moreover, antsy pugilists will likely be able to indulge in all the carnage they desire with the following additions: new content for individuals as well as small groups; more gruesome versions of existing battlefields; the ability for monipulators and adventurers to square off against each other in Monstrosity; NPCs able to participate in colonization and lair reives; and enhancements to artifact, relic, mythic, and empyrean equipment.

So uhh.... RME update confirmed?

>.>;
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-20 06:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alpheus said: »
Quote:
New areas and Seekers of Adoulin missions scheduled to be added with the November update mean that pioneers will be able to unearth even more of the Ulbukan continent's secrets. Moreover, antsy pugilists will likely be able to indulge in all the carnage they desire with the following additions: new content for individuals as well as small groups; more gruesome versions of existing battlefields; the ability for monipulators and adventurers to square off against each other in Monstrosity; NPCs able to participate in colonization and lair reives; and enhancements to artifact, relic, mythic, and empyrean equipment.

So uhh.... RME update confirmed?

>.>;

yes.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-20 16:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There are job-specific spreadsheets to help you find the conclusion to such questions, Kuroganashi but--

at this point, I can't imagine accuracy's an issue. I checked your profile and you have Delve MB weapons, so there's probably not many cases where you're fighting something and not accuracy-capped.

So, at this time, you're basically competing 3% DA for 15 attack, I think that the Ath mantle wins.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-09-20 17:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish2 gear actually took a sizeable chunk of accuracy out of folks' gear so we're riding the line a lot closer than previously. I had to make adjustments for WAR since I wasn't capping acc by about 7% while Aggressor was down, using 2/5 Cizin (pre-NMs, no madrigals). That being said, all I did was switch Atheling to Letalis.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-20 17:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There are job-specific spreadsheets to help you find the conclusion to such questions, Kuroganashi but--

at this point, I can't imagine accuracy's an issue. I checked your profile and you have Delve MB weapons, so there's probably not many cases where you're fighting something and not accuracy-capped.

So, at this time, you're basically competing 3% DA for 15 attack, I think that the Ath mantle wins.

thanks finally a reply after such a long time, not worried about ACC tbh , just debating :

DA+3% V.s. (Extra)+15 ATK

I been confused due to somebody telling me that ATK+35 will carry to each hit of a multi hit WS

but I do know DA also got a chance to proc on each hit

just unsure which to get on for WS

Ty bro

Atheling > Vespid

on that context what is Vespid mantle good for ?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-20 19:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a better way to get JSE Colonization Capes ?

Any hints on where to go or how to proceed about it ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-20 20:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
increase your frequency is the only advice I can give. Lair reives respawn 4x faster than coloinization and they die many times faster. I spammed those for capes.

BG wiki says doesn't drop mantles tho but if you saying they do, i shall try, ty ^^ I been doing this for several hours and no drop :(

Need GEO SAM PUP THF Mantles at least So I be 100% on those for a bit.

P.s. If u want to team up one night and do it plz let me know Josi
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-09-20 20:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

increase your frequency is the only advice I can give. Lair reives respawn 4x faster than coloinization and they die many times faster. I spammed those for capes.

BG wiki says doesn't drop mantles tho but if you saying they do, i shall try, ty ^^ I been doing this for several hours and no drop :(

Make sure that you get at least 3 evaluations before you complete the reive. The biggest problem with farming lair reaves for drops is that ppl tear the nest down too quickly. If you don't get at least 3 evaluations, you won't get any drops. Kill the mobs until you get your evals, THEN take down the nest.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-20 20:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

you dont need 3 evaluations you just need to have a single evaluation to qualify for drops

but yes Kuro I'm sure, have gotten literally 40+ capes from Yorcia lair reives. here is the first one that dropped as proof if you still have doubts

never doubted u , actually doing it now XD

you go blm for it or pet job? (I always lost in yorcia due to map being so ,well lets be honest it is GARBAGE Map ><) but I try it on MNK MNK WHM works fine but ppl rape lairs indeed

Gonna try later to solo on my PUP

thanks for info guys

I try Dhos Gates Colonization, Marjami , Yorcia

So far Yorcia only spot i got capes off ^^

ty , tomorrow gonna give it a shot on Lair yorcia ^^

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-09-20 22:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi. Sorry but im doing a trivial question.
Trying to config my battlemod addon in my windower.
I created an xml for filters.
So i would like to know what command i type to put that xml in motion.
Thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 ... 860 861 862