Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 860 861 862
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-06 08:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said: »
I wonder if they can throw a command in windower4 to disable/enable gamepad?

What I do when I wanted to idle in XI while playing something else is login fully to my character, open a new window and fully login to it again.

Crashes the first window and gives me the same result as dualboxing, for controller purposes.

(You can then freely close the disconnected window.)
[+]
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-09-08 07:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tantra Crown +2. Should I swap it in for use w/ perfect counter, does it need to remain equipped? Don't see any info on this anywhere. I'm a nub. :3
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2013-09-08 09:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog House clean up round 2! Is there any use for the stuff below in any up to date set including heavily situational ones?

Ganesha's mask, brisk mask, Loki's kaftan, max TP Bonus ToM gkt, inmicus cuisses, Agasaya's collar, max Pet Evasion ToM axe

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-09-08 09:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically no, but you might consider keeping the ToM weapons if they ever expand the system. Also, Loki's Kaftan may be useful in some situations if you don't have Athos's Tabard.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-08 09:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavily situational could be subtle blow build for the neck (although I'm sure you can cap with other items.) and an HP+ build for the head item.
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2013-09-08 10:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I do have Athos body so Loki's Kaftan is no good then. It looks like a good idea to keep the mask for the hp but not so sure about the neck and subtle blow :D Thanks for quick answers~
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-08 10:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

None of it's hard to get, if you do suddenly find a use for it, you can just go pick one up.
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-09-08 14:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know the goldsmithing lvl required to make hexed wristbands? I know its 107 bonscraft / 56 leathercraft and goldsmithing ???. thanks
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-09 10:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got a new computer with Windows 8, but my install discs are old and only support Windows 7. Is there a place where I can download the game and all expansions (Windows 8 compatible) without having to purchase it over again? Thanks in advance!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-09 11:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
I just got a new computer with Windows 8, but my install discs are old and only support Windows 7. Is there a place where I can download the game and all expansions (Windows 8 compatible) without having to purchase it over again? Thanks in advance!

Aside from POL, I didn't think you needed anything special for Win7 or Win8.

The proper POL version is downloadable from their site, but I'm fairly sure even old install discs will work from what I've read but I don't actually use Win8 so I can't confirm.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-09 12:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The actual FFXI game should be compatable from any disc. As stated above, You will need to get the Win8 version of POL from the FFXI official site. It's a free download.

Also, you will probably need to Run as Admin
 Bahamut.Camaroz
Server: Bahamut
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-09-09 13:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone happen to know pop times on jaja or medusa after a maintenance?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-09 13:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Camaroz said: »
jaja
YEARS. Gulool goes on very long vacations. *rant*

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Keman
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2013-09-09 13:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a DRK gear question pertaining to stats vs. STP usefulness.

ItemSet 228128

That is my TP gear set atm, where I have 54STP /SAM which gives me 20TP per hit for a true 5hit. I can lose up to 8STP and still have a 4hit+Reso 5hit.

I am just wondering if some of the stat bonuses on the Cizin gear are worth the loss in STP. Be it Head/Body Feet/Body or whatever.
By Gimp 2013-09-09 14:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

is anyone else having trouble contacting se?

would love to reactivate my acct but I can't do it on their site with my card and their phone line seems perma busy
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-09 14:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if you always get an error putting your card in, you've been flagged by ultimatepay for fraud(probably due to IP being too far from credit cards origin).. goes away after weeks, every time you retry it gets added to

you can always get an ultimategamecard at your nearest cvs and use it to add crysta, probably take less time than getting through their line with the inevitable flood of new ff14 players unable to cope with their ***systems
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-10 00:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

The actual FFXI game should be compatable from any disc. As stated above, You will need to get the Win8 version of POL from the FFXI official site. It's a free download.

Also, you will probably need to Run as Admin

I cant seam to find any version of POL that states it is windows 8 compatible. In fact I only found one reference to windows 8 at all. Everything else says vista/7/xp. Is it the normal version or is there somewhere special I should be looking. I feel blind, because this be more obvious imo.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-10 00:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant seam to find any version of POL that states it is windows 8 compatible. In fact I only found one reference to windows 8 at all. Everything else says vista/7/xp. Is it the normal version or is there somewhere special I should be looking. I feel blind, because this be more obvious imo.
If it works with win7, it should work with win8.

Granted, several people have a few issues with getting it to run properly, but there are several threads about what steps needed to be taken.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-09-10 13:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question. Anyone feel like the taru in the buffalo event promo image might have an extra chromosome?
By Pantafernando 2013-09-11 12:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
Someone figured how to increase the chest rank in yorcia skirmish?
Just happened once to me.
Bg says something about heartwing, but personally i never saw that mob, even when i got my rank up.
Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-11 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Someone figured how to increase the chest rank in yorcia skirmish?
Just happened once to me.
Bg says something about heartwing, but personally i never saw that mob, even when i got my rank up.
Thanks.

BGWIKI said:
The quantity of rewards received is dependent on the tier of body segment used and the number of objectives completed. Note that occasionally a Dithering Heartwing will spawn at a random location on the map. This enemy will not move towards the cantonment, and if it is defeated prior to the announcement of the secondary loot pool (at the 10 minute warning), one extra piece of armor will be rewarded for completing the objectives, in addition to the quantity from the table below.

There is no other way as far as I know than to complete primary/secondary and the heartwing. Maybe someone in your group killed it without saying anything?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-11 13:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Chest rankups increase quality of the personal drops, it's seperate from the heartwing condition. Nobody seems to know how they work, last I checked.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-11 13:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay that's not something I've ever seen before. What does it say when it happens?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-11 14:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, that'd be why I never see them. I pretty much only do T1's atm.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-09-11 15:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Chest rankups increase quality of the personal drops, it's seperate from the heartwing condition. Nobody seems to know how they work, last I checked.
There's some theories but, yea, nothing conclusive as far as I know.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2013-09-11 16:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering about Bata (patentia sash nm)... How difficult would it be to lowman? Any specific setup or strategy to it? Any info would be appreciated, thank you.
First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 860 861 862