Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 860 861 862
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-20 22:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard is Pandemonium Warden now, and how many people would you need to safely take it down? (Since the latest update that buffed delve weapons/gear).
 Shiva.Kongmingtwo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kongmingtwo 2013-08-20 23:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

starfish said: »
Shiva.Kongmingtwo said: »
been gone for a while, these fools announce anything about fixing relics yet?
fix relics? really? they so easy to make why would they give more power for these old and out dated weapons?

dynamis is very old content , it woold be stupid to "fix" weapons that you can make with a perle geared bst dont you think? no challange to make them except all the time in the world to grind it. ( Zzz )
as if the new ones are any different?

how about for the people that got them at 75 before they screwed up this game the first time?
 Asura.Anput
Server: Asura
user: Haguruma
By Asura.Anput 2013-08-21 00:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I level a second job or keep going with my plan?

I'm pretty fresh and my only 99 right now is Monk. I was thinking about trying to get most of my gear from Bayld farming and wildskeeper reives (Tlalpoloani, etc) but it seems like nobody will want me without at least a delve weapon.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-08-21 06:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant find what the name of the WS and Magic procs KI name for VW are on wiki.Can anyone point me to the right play i tryed the viodwatch page not much on it about the item names.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-21 07:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
How hard is Pandemonium Warden now, and how many people would you need to safely take it down? (Since the latest update that buffed delve weapons/gear).
pretty sure it's been soloed by a top notch pld, for a melee setup you probably want 2 sam brd whm minimum(and maybe a smn so last stage has no risk), but you could always just sac it between engages since it doesn't regen iirc
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-21 07:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
pretty sure it's been soloed by a top notch pld, for a melee setup you probably want 2 sam brd whm minimum(and maybe a smn so last stage has no risk), but you could always just sac it between engages since it doesn't regen iirc

I did it with a full alliance and the forms went down SUPER fast. I PLD held adds other held NM and rest of the alliance killed NM. However it's worth noting that Khimaira's Fulmination still sucks and can make things messy and ya that last stage with Astral Flow can wreck everything. Other than those 2 forms it wasn't too bad.
 Odin.Viridiana
user: Rythe
By Odin.Viridiana 2013-08-22 19:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any documentation for the Text plugin floating around? I've never used to before but I have an idea I'd like to implement. No idea how any of it works, and there doesn't seem to be anything around the windower forums (That I could find easily...).

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-22 21:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anput said: »
Should I level a second job or keep going with my plan?

I'm pretty fresh and my only 99 right now is Monk. I was thinking about trying to get most of my gear from Bayld farming and wildskeeper reives (Tlalpoloani, etc) but it seems like nobody will want me without at least a delve weapon.
Maybe level and gear/skill whm or geo. You are correct, no one will want your mnk unless you have a delve weapon already.
Cor is another option though it's become more common. Brd is now not an option without daurdabla. Sch is in high demand, but it's a lot of effort to make it useful.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-23 10:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Quiznor said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
when you get yagrush you'll have the WS on the weapon itself, so it doesnt matter

just reporting this is wrong...
i just lost my znm items this way cause you don't get the ws and its not showing on yagrush pre bahlrans fight or in the ws list during the fight.

Why would you even attempt to go in without it unlocked in the first place....
Why would i unlock of ws if its unnecessary and you get it free later.
Thats was the info i got provided.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Didn't Sylow do the Kenkonken fight w/o Stringing Pummel unlocked and got the ws to unlock after Balrahn used it on him? I think someone just didn't look carefully enough at their ws list or Balrahn didn't use the ws on them.

i checked the ws list before entering the fight and inside the battle area. but i got out before i actually meat bahlran >.<

I wasted some time in this battle because i tried to do zahak with my dd-whm gear which does not hurt him then changed to yagrush and gave him dmg ( i update wiki about this) then i checked if i did have the ws, i didnt so i abandoned project. >.<

now it begs the question, am i curious enough to risc a new znm trophy set without the unlocked ws...

I asked Sylow specifically, and he was nice enough to answer. The ws becomes unlocked on Balrahn after he uses the ws/does his little speech, not at the beginning of the fight.

The Bg wiki page on it is pretty clear I think? (At least on the other steps)

Just thought I'd post to verify this, both myself and a friend just finished our carns, and neither of us had Mordant Rime unlocked. You gain access to it on balrahn after he yacks at you.

I also messed up my ws and did them out of order, at 200>300>100, and won the bc that way (wiki says you have to go in order from 100>200>300).
By Alkaseltzer 2013-08-23 12:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone noticed if waiting in adoulin zones for gathering fatigue to build up actually helps your results at all?

Wondering if it's worth camping out in the zone to get some akaso for GEO AF, or if I should be zoning regularly to just reset fatigue or something.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-23 14:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

More efficient to reset fatigue by zoning. I'm not aware of any effect of staying in the zone on results.
By Alkaseltzer 2013-08-23 15:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
More efficient to reset fatigue by zoning. I'm not aware of any effect of staying in the zone on results.

I remember one of the fabled effects being you're supposed to get better results from waiting on fatigue, so it sounds like those effects aren't noticeable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2013-08-24 00:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How do brds do revives? sicne its pretty much dmg based?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-24 00:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
How do brds do revives? sicne its pretty much dmg based?

Sleeping and curing can get you a little points, but you're probably better off whacking at the roots/rocks/etc with a dagger though, brd can do decent damage with marches/haste up.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-24 00:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
How would a solo paladin deal with charm? Or does extreme magic evasion gear options now make that moot?
pw doesn't regen when idle and depop timer is 3 min, usually don't even see brainjack during that phase

if you did, i'd assume you just wait for it to wear
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-24 07:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if there's a better place to post this, if there is could someone direct me there please?

At any rate, anyone happen to know if there's a way to edit the timers plugin for windower 4? Specifically I'd like to remove paeons from the list of songs that it tracks.

Also, is there a way to remove jas so things like pianissimo and accession etc aren't sitting up there long after they've been used up ?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-24 10:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if there's a better place to post this, if there is could someone direct me there please?

At any rate, anyone happen to know if there's a way to edit the timers plugin for windower 4? Specifically I'd like to remove paeons from the list of songs that it tracks.

Also, is there a way to remove jas so things like pianissimo and accession etc aren't sitting up there long after they've been used up ?
The timers.xml is in the windower4plugins\settings folder. You can move things around, and change various things. I'm not sure what you'd need to do to stop it from tracking something but I'm sure there's a setting for it. It would be something that you'd have to add. The documentation on this stuff is hard to find, if it's even out there anymore.

Something like <Paeon>False</Paeon> probably.
 Lakshmi.Plageus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Plageus
By Lakshmi.Plageus 2013-08-25 16:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you able to get a map of Cirdas Caverns (U)? If so where? I have been looking on the wiki's and they do not list anything so guessing its a no. Kinda sucks running around aimlessly on certain skirmish maps.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-08-25 17:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Plageus said: »
Are you able to get a map of Cirdas Caverns (U)? If so where?

Technically, yes: it's an option in Skirmish as a potential reward mid-run, but it's temporary. It goes away when you complete the Skirmish, making it completely useless (the map is kind of junk anyway, even if you have it).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By avengerx 2013-08-29 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something wrong with Moogle slip #13? It won't let me put any of my +2 relic armor in there
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-29 07:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

avengerx said: »
Is there something wrong with Moogle slip #13? It won't let me put any of my +2 relic armor in there

must be augmented first.
[+]
By avengerx 2013-08-29 07:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-29 08:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously

[+]
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Server: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-08-29 08:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
WARNING: You can store ONLY Relic +2 that has been fully augmented by Magian Trials. Normal pieces can not be stored.

Yep
By avengerx 2013-08-29 08:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I like that picture Ashman
[+]
By avengerx 2013-08-29 11:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone know how the Heartwing works in skirmish?
 Odin.Milnickel
user: Milnickel
By Odin.Milnickel 2013-08-30 06:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering:

would be for MNK and THF (maybe blu?). ATM thaumas coat is not a option. my question is: does the extra str/dex/haste offset the att/acc/+Augments? search is giving me trouble, so cant compare stat conversion. Suggestions?

edit: these pics dont show iLv, but does that make any difference between the two?
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 860 861 862