Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 859 860 861
 Leviathan.Captainb
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: CaptainB
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-10-22 15:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice - I will give either one or both of those options a try.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-22 16:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Decent chance I'll be running some tav exp tonight if you have access/timer up/a job that doesn't suck. Could hit you up when I go and see if you're available if you want.
 Leviathan.Captainb
user: CaptainB
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-10-22 17:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I am a part time player at best and even though that's a nice offer I still need two more area wins for the dream areas before I will be able to access the Tavnazia area. That being said, I think waiting for the exp from Dynamis - Tavnazia is a better exp option then Dynamis - Xarcabard (seems like more exp per kill in dream areas then the others). Anyway, thanks for the offer I always appreciate it when peeps offer to help and if I had the access I would surely take you up on the offer.

Thanks Again
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-22 22:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
I know how to get to the site i want to make an account but it asks for a url.What i am asking is what will the url they ask for be used for.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-22 22:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I know how to get to the site i want to make an account but it asks for a url.What i am asking is what will the url they ask for be used for.

Which URL? For the linkshell community?
If so, the same damn thing this website uses that same url for. :P
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-22 22:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »

Which URL? For the linkshell community?
If so, the same damn thing this website uses that same url for. :P
No i do not think it is but i could be wrong.After u are told to go to the linkshell community then put something in the item info box.Then in the next step he asks for a a user name and email.Then under that it asks for a url.That is what i want to know.What that is used for and what it is.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-10-22 23:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It tells you to enter in a random code thing to verify that it's actually you controlling that character. Guildwork knows what code it told you to put, you tell it your Linkshell Community url, then Guildwork goes and checks that url for that code.

So, for example, if you tried to sign up using my character, it wouldn't find the right code - and, since it's my character, you wouldn't be able to change that code.

It's kind of the same thing when ffxiah asks you to buy a crystal for a specific amount of gil.
 Asura.Shiggles
Server: Asura
user: shiggles
By Asura.Shiggles 2012-10-23 01:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What do Ahriman tears taste like?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ekimino
user: onimike
By Asura.Ekimino 2012-10-23 20:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a dumb question and I feel dumb for needing to ask it, but I am still unclear on this point after playing Thief for the last little while.

When I engage something, is Treasure Hunter applied on the first hit, or is there no TH until I see the proc message in the chat? I've been playing under the impression that until I see the proc in the chat, I haven't got any TH on the mob yet and keep on my TH+ gear until I see one.

Reading the TH page on the wiki seems to imply that TH is applied on my first offensive action, so what's the point of the proc message in the chat, if this the case? Or perhaps the wiki is outdated?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-23 20:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The wiki is correct. The proc you see upgrades by one level the base TH you have from gear/traits.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-10-23 21:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ekimino said: »
This is a dumb question and I feel dumb for needing to ask it, but I am still unclear on this point after playing Thief for the last little while.

When I engage something, is Treasure Hunter applied on the first hit, or is there no TH until I see the proc message in the chat? I've been playing under the impression that until I see the proc in the chat, I haven't got any TH on the mob yet and keep on my TH+ gear until I see one.

Reading the TH page on thei eems to imply that TH is applied on my first offensive action, so what's the point of the proc message in the chat, if this the case? Or perhaps the wiki is outdated?

TH is applied on your first action like it says. The thing is that every hit has a chance to raise the TH level by one, that is what the proc message is about. For example, if you're wearing full th gear (dagger=1, armlets=2, af3 feet=1, plus job traits=3) your first action puts th7 on the mob. If one of your hits profs th, the message will say 8, indicating th leveled up by 1. So there's no need to keep th gear on after the first action.
 Asura.Ekimino
By Asura.Ekimino 2012-10-23 21:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thank you both for the clarification.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-23 21:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... not entirely true. Your odds of leveling up TH are based upon the TH level you have in gear and the current TH level. So leveling TH from 7 to 8 (with gear) is about as easy as leveling it from 3 to 4 (without gear). Leveling it from 7 to 8 with level 3 in gear is very difficult, though.

So there is some reason to TP in TH gear. Considering the known differences between TH8 and TH7, though, I'd say there's not much of a reason in an event like Dynamis where the THF's damage output also matters. In an event like Legion where the THF's main job is to hit the monster without dying too much (and often hit for single digits), you might as well be wearing your full TH gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-10-23 22:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Hmm... not entirely true. Your odds of leveling up TH are based upon the TH level you have in gear and the current TH level. So leveling TH from 7 to 8 (with gear) is about as easy as leveling it from 3 to 4 (without gear). Leveling it from 7 to 8 with level 3 in gear is very difficult, though.

So there is some reason to TP in TH gear. Considering the known differences between TH8 and TH7, though, I'd say there's not much of a reason in an event like Dynamis where the THF's damage output also matters. In an event like Legion where the THF's main job is to hit the monster without dying too much (and often hit for single digits), you might as well be wearing your full TH gear.
Didn't know all that! Thanks for the info~
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-10-24 00:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a difference between the different Grimoires for Meeble Burrows?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-24 00:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can tell there's no difference. My guess is the option to buy is just incase you drop the one the NPC initially gives you.

Of course, if someone knows otherwise I`d be interested to know too.
By lilcratis 2012-10-24 01:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont see any difference...i think it just alows you to be working on 2 different paths at the same time.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-24 02:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can BLU solo Turassic Park HKCNM? The one that drops Olympus Sash.
Think I read that it can and I'm wondering how they`d do it, back tanking using aoe spells to kill them all at the same or close to same time?
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2012-10-24 12:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone suggest a reasonable to obtain hold over neckpiece for DNC Rudra's Storm until I can get a Justiciar's Torque? I keep missing them when they hit the AH and do not have a Love Torque. I already know elemental gorgets don't work for this one from reading DNC forums.
Thanks
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-10-24 16:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Blessed Briault +1 give more MDB to Bar-spells?
 Asura.Ekimino
By Asura.Ekimino 2012-10-24 16:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming gear level for both is even (abyssea gear at best), is DNC/THF or THF/DNC better for dynamis currency farming? THF has TH7 if I use the dagger, but it's also tempting to just go with TH6 and use a better dagger for damage.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-24 17:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ditch the Thief's Knife and never equip it again unless your main contribution to the task at hand is to apply a maxed out TH. As for which job is best, opinion is split enough that it seems to come down to your proficiency with each job (assuming no massive disparity in gear). Basically, go with whichever job you're most comfortable with.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-24 17:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kuraneko said: »
Can someone suggest a reasonable to obtain hold over neckpiece for DNC Rudra's Storm until I can get a Justiciar's Torque? I keep missing them when they hit the AH and do not have a Love Torque. I already know elemental gorgets don't work for this one from reading DNC forums.
Thanks
Rancor Collar?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-24 18:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Rancor Collar won't help Rudra's because Rudra's can't crit.

Gorgets do work with Rudra's, they just aren't optimal.
[+]
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2012-10-24 21:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it...misunderstood the point on gorgets originally. Thank you Byrth! (and ty for all your work on your DNC info on the forums!)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-10-24 22:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Does Blessed Briault +1 give more MDB to Bar-spells?

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. However, I wouldn't expect it to exceed orison bliaud +2's +10 MDB enhancement to Afflatus Solace (unless you're primarily using the Blessed piece during Afflatus Misery).

Admittedly, I have not seen any proof substantiating this fact either.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-25 20:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I forget how do i from the se account system change my playonline password.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 859 860 861