First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 117 118 119
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-13 05:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea was that (under capped Haste conditions) AM3 Terpsichore is such a high DPS weapon than we do better damage using it/Airy Buckler than it/Anything else because our offhand is actually lowering our DPS even as Dual Wield improves it. I haven't tried it, nor is it likely the case anymore.

Fencer's TP Bonus does not affect AM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2012-08-22 13:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Developer update on the new DNC 2-hour; from BlueGartr...

Quote:
*DNC: While Trance allows for full utilization of waltzes and steps, the new 2-hr ability is intended to allow DNCs to take advantage of flourishes as they can always be used with maximum effect while the ability is active. R/B/C Flourishes especially benefit from this effect. It was requested to eliminate the recast timer for Flourish with the new two-hour. As you might guess, this was not done because of the effect of Reverse Flourish.

Since we do not want you to be able to use an unlimited amount of weapon skills, but we still want this move to be powerful, we are considering the following changes:
**Reduce duration from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
**In addition to resetting the cooldown of flourishes, also allow the use of up to three flourishes consecutively.
**The effect of this ability will wear off after 30 seconds or once three flourishes have been used.

In this week's test server update, we will add the new ability for WHM, update the WAR ability, and make other bug fixes. DNC/BRD adjustments will take place in the next update.

So hey, atleast they are looking at it!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-08-22 14:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's talk DA Magian!

Yes, the DA's benefit is perhaps somewhat diminished given Saber Dance and what have you, but 11 DA is still quite a lot; is this really enough to make it weaker than similarly-situated options in terms of difficulty, like STR Magian and Aluh?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-22 15:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DA Magian is a decent mainhand. I haven't done the math on it lately, but everyone likes DA!

Our new 2-hour looks better than both old ones, though it's still not as good as, say, Meikyo Shisui. I'm sure we can make some pretty ridiculous skillchains with that (in the rare situation that we are able to skillchain), or alternatively we could use Stun 4 times in a row once every 2 hours.

I also particularly liked this for Neo-Salvage:
Quote:
Jobs that can equip the rewards
Dancer and scholar cannot equip the rewards from the existing Salvage content. While this will not change, the revamped Salvage equipment as well as the new equipment will have dancer and scholar added to the list of jobs that can equip them. We will also be making adjustments so that the stats are compatible.

I don't know what re-vamped Skadi gear is going to look like, but maybe some of it will be useful! (Unlike revamped Homam). We'll at least get two sets of mediocre gear if it isn't~!
 Leviathan.Dastrian
Server: Leviathan
user: Dastrian
By Leviathan.Dastrian 2012-08-25 13:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So what about patentia sash for dancer? I was looking through tp sets for ninja and noticed that it somehow outdoes the haste and DA from twilight but I'm not sure of that was more because the store tp brought them down a hit to reach 100 or what. So I thought maybe it would be a similar situation for dancer. Thought I'd ask at least, didn't see it mentioned in this thread.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-08-26 05:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Same DW as Nusku's, and unless you get the Haste+7% covered elsewhere, it's not gonna be that noticeable imho.

Edit for Maths:
Assuming Aluh+STRThokcha, AF3 body/neck + suppa + capped haste gear/samba (no outside buffs) and AF3 head/feet + Rajas + Brutal (Store TP +21):

#1 w/ Twilight Belt

390 x .52 x .65 = 131.82 effective delay

202.8 delay = 5.5 tp/hit, x1.21 = 6.6%

#2 w/ Patentia

390 x .47 x .72 = 131.98

183.3 delay = 5.0 tp/hit, x1.26 = 6.3%

So P.belt is barely slower and lower tp/hit than Twilight, which has added bonus of DA+2% (Remember this only reflects identical gear w/ only belts swapped.)
 Leviathan.Dastrian
Server: Leviathan
user: Dastrian
By Leviathan.Dastrian 2012-08-26 15:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, good to know. What about the attack? If you're riding sabre dance that reduces the effect of the extra DA on twilight, then would the extra attack push your DPS above twilight? I need to try take a couple days and really learn all the equations and stuff so I can figure these things out. It's probably not a substantial change either way.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-26 15:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight is going to pull ahead by ~2% or so. There's no reason to carry around Patentia.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-26 16:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and by the way, our super awesome (lol) new 2hr has a name now:
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-26 16:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fear my wrath!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-26 16:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you found the pre-release images of DNC AF4.
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-08-26 18:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I see conversation on the job has not lost it's fervor for the unimaginable.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-26 18:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you are talking about.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-31 10:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but Waltz Potency does cap above 30% now. I can't confirm it caps at 50% because I max out at 50% Waltz potency (in campaign).

My Pyrrhic Kleos does approximately equivalent damage to my Exenterator now against all targets (gets better the stronger the target is). I went Dancer to Qilin last night and did decent damage (from the mage party). I didn't mess with my chat filters so I could parse it, but the fights got really noticeably longer when I died.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-09-02 16:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I read in a post somewhere where Sylow said that "increases step accuracy" gear was either not needed or not useful or something along the lines of that, I'm curious to know why this is. Any answer or advice would be appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-02 16:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Step_Accuracy

Steps have an innate +10 "Step Accuracy" bonus. If you have a capped hit rate (always the goal) then you don't need any Step Acc gear to have a capped Step Hit Rate. If you have a 90% Hit rate . . . you still don't need any Step Acc gear to have a capped Step Hit Rate. If you have an 85% Hit Rate, you need to adjust your gear or food because an 85% Hit Rate isn't really acceptable.

So yeah, you don't need Step Acc equipment. Additionally, the Dancer's Bangles are worse than many other hand options (like Thaumas Gloves) even in the event that you do want to add additional accuracy to your Steps.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-09-02 16:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was assuming it was because acc is already capped, thank you for the verification Byrth. Dancer Bangles, Etoile Toeshoes & Choreia earring... /toss. Also a big thanks to all the regulars here, I love this forum and it has helped me so much.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-02 16:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
I was assuming it was because acc is already capped, thank you for the verification Byrth. Dancer Bangles, Etoile Toeshoes & Choreia earring... /toss. Also a big thanks to all the regulars here, I love this forum and it has helped me so much.
Don't toss the afv1 and 2 lol. Store them. SOme day they could become relevant.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-02 16:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can store them on the NPC if you want (except Choreia). My Step Acc set has over +200 Accuracy in it <_<; I know it's worthless and I don't carry it around with me normally, but I gotta catch'em all.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-09-02 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a figurative /toss lol, I never throw away anything that can be stored with a slip.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-03 09:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Khepri Bonnet with Haste +6% vs. Charis Tiara!

In Dynamis vs. DCs, I think I'd be using Khepri Bonnet. Last night I parsed:
Diremite: 24% crit rate
Stirge: 14% crit rate
Gaylas : 18% crit rate

So that extra 12 DEX is likely to cap me on everything. The 3 fSTR wouldn't hurt me either.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-05 10:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like our 2-hour might be marginally more useful.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103222-Dev-Tracker-%283-8-2011%29?p=5383131&viewfull=1#post5383131

Half hour JA? Okay. It's still nothing special, but I can live with that.
[+]
By Peldin 2012-09-10 06:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this belongs in the Random Question thread, but this is specifically for dancer. Also, I apologize for the noob-like nature of some of these questions. So here goes...

1) Do I have to cancel saber dance and then re-apply to get the initial 50% DA or can I just refresh it?

2) Is Anwig Salade with [4str, 4agi, 15 WS Accuracy, 2% WS Damage] better than Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 for Exenterator?

3) For Dynamis farming (I duo with a thief friend), is it better to Box Step first or Feather Step first on decent challenge mobs as dnc/war.

4) Do Etoile Tights have a higher drop rate from Decent Challenge mobs than from Easy Prey?

5) I don't have Twashtar, so if I'm getting spell haste and double marches, should I just straight auto attack after the initial box/feather step or should I continue to step on cooldown and spam exenterators?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-10 06:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1) You can just refresh it
2) Nope, because the WS damage only applies to the first hit of any WS.
3) Box Step
4) There's probably not a difference
5) Pretty much auto-attack and spam Exenterator, unless you're in an alliance setting where many people will benefit from Box/Feather Step.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-10 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

-1/accessories definitely have a higher drop rate from decent challenge enemies.

It's always seemed to melike DC enemies have a significantly higher drop rate on relic armor, but eyeballing etc.
By Peldin 2012-09-10 08:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a bunch Byrth. I was fairly certain about 1 and 3 but I haven't played dancer that much so I wanted to be sure. I really didn't know about Anwig. I thought it was great b/c it used to be really good for Victory Smite.
As for the tights, I really hate Beaucedine (and farming beastmen in general) but that's the nature of the beast I guess since I don't have access to Tavnazia. I'd prefer to stick to EP if there's no difference, but I have definitely seen the same thing as Sylow as far as -1 and accessories go, so I guess I'll give the DC in Beaucedine a shot.

Again, thanks for the help.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-10 08:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ftr, the only DC mobs I know of in Beauc are Hydra. DC Hydra are badass and you should really avoid fighting them solo. Long fights. You'd better off killing goblins or something.
By Peldin 2012-09-10 09:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I always have a bard/whm that I box for dynamis, but yeah I was helping a friend kill hydra for his Mandau and the EP seemed to be almost as sturdy as the DC bats we normally farm in Dyna Qufim. I guess EP gobs it is.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-10 11:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys ever heard about Stutter Step increasing proc rates?

I was told that procs are based somehow off of magic accuracy and that using stutter step makes it easier to land the procs, so I have only been spamming stutter for the most part and it seems to work...

But then again... maybe it only seems like it works because that is what we are spamming...
By Peldin 2012-09-10 11:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

First I've heard of it
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 117 118 119