Make Up?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Make up?
Make up?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 29 30 31
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 12:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavlov said:
says the person who needs makeup? >.>

OH SNAP!!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 12:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Gaea said:
Just agree with us in the most positive, sensitive, and supportive way.

The Top 4 things men cannot do.

Not necessarily we cant do it just getting tired of always doing it.
Maybe if woman reciporcated once in awhile...
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-30 13:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Really though... It's:

Her: I look terrible.
Incorrect: No, you look beautiful
Correct: There's no way you could ever possibly look terrible in my eyes but if you are unhappy with how you look and want to fix it, I'll do everything I can to help. I'll love you with all my heart regardless.
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-30 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

:O She actually replied

First -- lemme say -- I question any straight guy who says that your *** are too big for a shirt.

Second, I'm not it is the difference between 100% truthful and rude ... there is a whole spectrum of possible answers there. I'm talking about the times when you are going to be hurting someone's feeling with a 100% truthful reply when you do not want and do not intend to do so. I'm talking about those times when just a little bit of makeup could maybe better the situation or a different haircut could make a huge difference. Small minute things that don't matter that the truth will still hurt feelings. I'm more apt to turn over, smile, and tell her her hair is a mess.

If she need makes up and your woman asks if she needs it you have two options Yes or No. Now there are millions of ways to say and phrase something so bare with me. Lets assume that this girl DOES need makeup and everyone would be in complete agreement (even her probably which brings back the *** questions). A normal guys initial response would be long the lines of No. Why? Because 1) it is what he thinks she wants to hear, and 2) because he doesn't want her mad. Guys are naturally blunt and want to resolve conflict on the sub conscious level that is what a guys mind is working towards. It is also a guys downfall when it comes to this question because it is not what a girl wants to hear and lying to her is just going to make her mad. My guess is anyone who thinks they need make up probably needs it and it just looking for sympathy to the topic.

Little known fact: When you go to someone for advice you have already made your mind on the situation and you are looking for the person to give you justification that you have made the right decision. So you go ask someone's advice who you know will give you the answer you want to hear. Happens on the subconscious level ... right near the little white lie.
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 13:02:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Icon said:
Zekky said:
Why would I lie to my fiance and tell her she looks good in something when I know she does?

Meant to say "I know she doesn't?" and I edited that.

And no, no, no. I would never go to such harsh measures to say stuff like that. But I'm honest with her. I'm not *** honest with her. Two different things with her. If she doesn't look good in it, I let her know it doesn't and she should try on something else that I saw earlier that would probably look better on her and she ends up liking it. That's what I mean. =o

And if I were that mean to Miji, she's use my manhood as a punching bag. True story.

The proper way to handle this is to ask her what she thinks, and positively agree with her. Here's an approach.

"It's not possible for me to judge whether or not you look good, because there's no way I could think of you as less the beautiful women I fell in love with. If you tell me exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for maybe I can be a little more helpful."

Hopefully, at this point she'll give you a response as to why she looks terrible. And even if you already knew the answer, it's really best to let her point it out. When she does answer, try saying:

"Perhaps you are much more critical of yourself than I am, so I'm having trouble seeing you as anything less than beautiful, but you are obviously unhappy about it so let's do whatever we need to do to fix it so that you are happy."

It might sound cheesy, but it's really a compliment for us to have to point out our flaws to you and for you to feign ignorance. It's sensitive and supportive to realize we see a problem and we want to fix it, even if you don't.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 13:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Zekky said:
Icon said:
Zekky said:
Why would I lie to my fiance and tell her she looks good in something when I know she does?

And no, no, no. I would never go to such harsh measures to say stuff like that. But I'm honest with her. I'm not *** honest with her. Two different things with her. If she doesn't look good in it, I let her know it doesn't and she should try on something else that I saw earlier that would probably look better on her and she ends up liking it. That's what I mean. =o

And if I were that mean to Miji, she's use my manhood as a punching bag. True story.

The proper way to handle this is to ask her what she thinks, and positively agree with her. Here's an approach.

"It's not possible for me to judge whether or not you look good, because there's no way I could think of you as less the beautiful women I fell in love with. If you tell me exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for maybe I can be a little more helpful."

Hopefully, at this point she'll give you a response as to why she looks terrible. And even if you already knew the answer, it's really best to let her point it out. When she does answer, try saying:

"Perhaps you are much more critical of yourself than I am, so I'm having trouble seeing you as anything less than beautiful, but you are obviously unhappy about it so let's do whatever we need to do to fix it so that you are happy."

It might sound cheesy, but it's really a compliment for us to have to point out our flaws to you and for you to feign ignorance. It's sensitive and supportive to realize we see a problem and we want to fix it, even if you don't.

Or heres a thought just don't freak when you hear what you probably alrady know to be true. Seriously why do 80% of the woman out there think its only about them in a relationship. Take take take
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-30 13:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

srsly cheesy... only because I'm not going to go into great depths and lengths explaining how I talk to my lady... The general idea should be good enough. I'm honest, I respect her, I tell her the truth and I make sure she looks good because I know that she wants all of that. *throws his two cents into the water fountain and dusts his hands off* Done and done. ._.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-30 13:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going to say three things...

1). Guys who gel their hair might as well lube up their *** cz they're on a one-way trip to full-blown Gaydom.

2). Girls who have confidence and love for themselves will not need constant reassurance from the opposite sex about their appearance.

3). It IS ok for a guy to "lie" to his girlfriend/wife/mistress about how she looks, cz in the end, thats all she WANTED to her. Just don't do it often!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-30 13:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Kungfuhustle said:

1). Guys who gel their hair might as well lube up their *** cz they're on a one-way trip to full-blown Gaydom.

hmmm you give an interesting perspecitive on things

I like to be very illustrative with my words, it gives people a clear picture.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-30 13:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, there was this great quote I read one day about love. It was in a men's magazine and someone had asked the question 'How do I know if I'm in love'? The response was lengthy, but there was only one thing I really remember, and that was "Love is when your wife is in her pajamas with no makeup on and her hair wrapped in a towel, and she's standing there with a plunger and trying to unclog a toilet, and when you look at her you still think she's beautiful".

Obviously I've never been married. I think if you can see a relationship this way, it really doesn't matter what your spouse is wearing because its all still beautiful to you. But like I said, OBVIOUSLY I've never been married. :P
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 13:33:47

Tavlov said:

User submitted image
Yeah I'm freakin hideous without it. Here's me with just some lip gloss. Nails ain't done up either. (My toenails are though)
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 13:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Zekky said:
Icon said:
Zekky said:

This is the reason you have a girlfriend and not a boyfriend. There is not a man alive on this earth that could be assed to live up with your impossible standards. Seriously, who is going to say "It's not possible for me to judge whether or not you look good, because there's no way I could think of you as less the beautiful women I fell in love with. If you tell me exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for maybe I can be a little more helpful." When they can just say "you look beautiful".

Maybe, MAYBE in the early days of a relationship will you speak like this, but ***, if you need to tip-toe around such an everyday issue as this then your relationship is gonna have some serious issues. You'll wake up one morning, tell her she's gorgeous in three words instead of ranting at her for five minutes about your undying love for her and your improbable belief that nothing she ever does with her looks will make her unattractive in your eyes, and she'll *** ESPLODE!

Any woman who expects this sort of behavior from a man is in for a nasty shock. In due time I expect most women expecting this will either learn not to expect such ludicrous, sympathetic question avoidance skills from men, or they'll start dating women.

Also, had to lol at this from page 4:

Rosangela said:
User submitted image vs User submitted image
(Can tell the girl in the 2nd one used lighter foundation around the eyes...)

Rosa, you do realise that the second pic is of some asian girls face photoshopped onto Paris Hilton's body right? Her eyes are too light because they're not hers lol. Not the worst photoshop job I've seen, but it still looks so so wrong.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-30 13:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Tavlov said:

User submitted image
Yeah I'm freakin hideous without it. Here's me with just some lip gloss. Nails ain't done up either. (My toenails are though)

My god, you look like a burn victim getting your skin grafted from Oprah's ***, or your boyfriend beats you on a regular basis.

PUT SOME *** MAKE-UP ON, my eyes are burning!
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 13:40:39

Kungfuhustle said:
Gaea said:
Tavlov said:

User submitted image

My god, you look like a burn victim getting your skin grafted from Oprah's ***.

I was just about to. Maybe I'll take an after pic. I don't even know what look I'm gonna go for today. I'm thinking meth/***.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-30 13:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
My god, you look like a burn victim getting your skin grafted from Oprah's ***, or your boyfriend beats you on a regular basis.

If only that were the case. Then we wouldn't have you posting here.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 13:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Gaea said:
Tavlov said:

User submitted image

My god, you look like a burn victim getting your skin grafted from Oprah's ***.

I was just about to. Maybe I'll take an after pic. I don't even know what look I'm gonna go for today. I'm thinking meth/***.

Wow that was fast, done already!
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-30 13:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

So, because a guy takes care of his appearance, he is gay?

{Hmmm.}

If there is so much pressure on a girl to look a certain way, why on earth isn't there nearly as much for a guy?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 13:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Kungfuhustle said:

{Hmmm.}

If there is so much pressure on a girl to look a certain way, why on earth isn't there nearly as much for a guy?

Cause guys just dont give a ***
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 13:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Kungfuhustle said:

{Hmmm.}

Because we don't care.

Besides, I showed two photos of myself, one where I was generally well groomed, another where I hadn't shaved for a week nor done my hair, you said you liked the latter better... So why on earth should I bother spending time making myself look a certain way when you like me better somewhat unkempt? Obviously your opinion is all that matters to me <3 :p

Edit: High five Dasva for agreeing with me before I finished posting!
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-30 13:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The lighting and low quality camera is what does it, not your actual physical appearance. A camera and lighting can really make or break the subject. :3
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-30 13:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread is getting lame.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-30 13:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you mean, but just because he takes care of himself doesn't mean he is gay. When I go to dinner with my fiance he gels his hair, it's important for him to look well-kept just as much as it is for me. It's the same with friends, too.

Of course, yes I do rather a more natural looking man, but was just trying to point out it's okay for men to take pride with that they are given, and spice it up a bit~ After all, you except that from women, too.
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 13:56:46

Celene said:
The lighting and low quality camera is what does it, not your actual physical appearance. A camera and lighting can really make or break the subject. :3

Yeah it's a cheap picture from a cheap camera. But really even with an expensive camera, it's just as bad. I don't need to impress anyone here, I got my special someone. Personally, it's not an easy thing for me to put myself out there like that, but oh well.

And yeah, that light coming from my kitchen and it was harsh. The lamp near my desk made the picture all white, except for my hair.

But a lot of woman aren't that spectacular before they put their face on. Any other gals wanna put themselves up without make-up?

But the important thing is it isn't the make-up that defines us, it's us that define the make-up as a tool for expression and creativity.

Besides, a lot of guys think the girls they see with almost "no make-up on" have a lot more on than they think. Even a good "au natural" look can take quite a bit of concealer, foundation, blush, shadow, lipliner, and mascara.

Not to mention the other stuff they don't think about like hair straightners, curlers, eyelash crimpers, and eyebrow plucking.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-30 13:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Thread is getting lame.

I couldn't agree more.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 13:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
I know what you mean, but just because he takes care of himself doesn't mean he is gay. When I go to dinner with my fiance he gels his hair, it's important for him to look well-kept just as much as it is for me. It's the same with friends, too.

Of course, yes I do rather a more natural looking man, but was just trying to point out it's okay for men to take pride with that they are given, and spice it up a bit~ After all, you except that from women, too.

I could be wrong but i dont think he meant taking care of himself so much as the gel thing
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-30 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Kungfuhustle said:

{Hmmm.}

Ok kids, its time for Uncle Kung to tell you guys a story, settle down now...

Back in the days, before MTV, Cosmo magazine, and male models, men were actually prized for their strength and intelligence.

Sure, even back then, men kept themselves, but there was always this male macho swag. Women were always pressured to look good, this is nothing new.

Times have changed in our society. There are countless magazines telling women they're fat/ugly/unwanted, convincing most of them to get skinny and whatever to attract the opposite sex.

Guess what? Now GUYS are being targeted by these magazines, telling them their appearance isn't good enough to attract women. So now we're seeing straight guys with Fohawks(Mohawks for pussies), tight clothing, gelled hair, just an out-ward preppy sorta look to them. But hey, gay guys look like that too, so whats going on here.

Its just sad...

Oh yeah, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong...
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-30 14:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

There, Gaea. There isn't an inch of make up on my face. If someone's going to question why my face is a different shade than the rest of me then you need to look up overexposure.

*hides* ><
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-30 14:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why hide? You look very attractive in that picture.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-30 14:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
User submitted image

There, Gaea. There isn't an inch of make up on my face. If someone's going to question why my face is a different shade than the rest of me then you need to look up overexposure.

*hides* ><

Damn, I like the eyes, piercings, and skin tone.

C'mere and get some Kung Exposure :D
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 14:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Oh oh while were posting bad pictures of ourselves heres mine!!!
Scruff
User submitted image
No scruff
User submitted image
which one should I do. I'm trying to avoid looking like that creepy older guy that I am when I go to college. And with lucky maybe even look like I'm out of highschool

Well considering it seems like you've just had a shave in order to take those pictures, I'd go with the clean shaven look until you wake up tomorrow. At that point, I'd allow laziness to kick in and go with the unshaven look <_<

Dasva said:
Celene said:

I could be wrong but i dont think he meant taking care of himself so much as the gel thing

I know what you're saying Cel, just 'cause a guy uses a little product doesn't make him gay, ***, it takes me all of 30 seconds after my shower to "do my hair" so it's not like I'm obsessed with my appearance. In fact I think the only thing it does mean is that I don't want to look like a slob all the time, even if I am comfortable to look like one most of the time :p
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 29 30 31