Everything Zelda
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Michizane said: »
It says it when you go to find the split pieces of the trifroce. And you still haven't anwsered why link wasn't there when Ganondorf returned? he was only send back in time not to a different location. He can still grow up and fight Ganon again when he returns.

Because its two different time lines. When he grows up in the childhood time line, Ganondorf never took over Hyrule because he was stopped and sealed in the Twilight realm.
 Sylph.Michizane
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Bismarck.Luces said: »
Bismarck.Cicada said: »
No one is going to win this debate.. >_____> People are going to interpret it the way they want. Some people even think all the FF's are connected..

they are connected through dissidia. If you haven't played it you should.
also I never understood in OOT if you don't go to the sacred realm Gman never gets the triforce of power. So why did they have you go to the sacred realm in the first place?

You went there to get the Master Sword because Zelda thought getting that would be able to stop Ganondorf. She had no idea taking it would open the door way to the sacred realm which holds the tri-froce.

Your wrong here too. In OoT, Links spirit was sealed upon pulling the Master Sword out of the padastool because he was too young to be the Hero of Time. Also Zelda wanted to get the Trifroce before Ganondorf did thats why you were collecting the spirital stones. Due to the fact Zelda was on the run before you open the door of time she couldn't touch the Triforce before Ganondorf and clearly Link was sealed before he got a chance.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It says it when you go to find the split pieces of the trifroce. And you still haven't anwsered why link wasn't there when Ganondorf returned? he was only send back in time not to a different location. He can still grow up and fight Ganon again when he returns.

Because its two different time lines. When he grows up in the childhood time line, Ganondorf never took over Hyrule because he was stopped and sealed in the Twilight realm.

Dude, face it. Your making ***up. You dont know what your talking about. And you'll say anything as long as you feel like you won. You have lost. Face it, and man up.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, you clearly don't have a grasp on how time lines work. I strongly suggest you watch Back to the Future.

You are the ONLY person who has ever tried to debate that MM and WW take place in the same time line.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, face it. Your making ***up. You dont know what your talking about. And you'll say anything as long as you feel like you won. You have lost. Face it, and man up.

I'm pulling things up form sources so no, they are not made up.

Learn to spell correctly and watch Back to the Future so you understand how time lines work.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, you clearly don't have a grasp on how time lines work. I strongly suggest you watch Back to the Future.

You are the ONLY person who has ever tried to debate that MM and WW take place in the same time line.

Umm... Back to the Future only had one timeline. and any changes to the past would effect the future. So if that is the concept you want to use your still wrong cause if Ganondorf never took over OoT adult years would of never of happened. Windwaker would of never of happen. Not only that, even doc in Back to the Future warned of creating paradoxes link thaat cause it would unrevail the fibric of space/time.

As for you saying no one agreees with me. You need to go page in this thread and read again.

*edit* As for learning to spell correctly... seriously... you cant find a decend excuse for any of your contridictions so you point out misspellings? Dude, grow up!
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-06-04 10:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

instant turn off from a thread when the first thing you see is two people arguing and someone bitching to spelling correctly ... next thread!
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you don't get how time lines work, sorry dude.

Perhaps you should do some research on the net in various Zelda wikis, they all clearly lay out in great detail how the timelines work.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
instant turn off from a thread when the first thing you see is two people arguing and someone bitching to spelling correctly ... next thread!

Amen!
By Drjones 2012-06-04 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Link to the Past
Zelda
Zelda II

I'm declaring everything else non-canon and moving on with my life.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps you should do some research on the net in various Zelda wikis, they all clearly lay out in great detail how the timelines work.
oh! thats's right!!! wikis have 100% correct info despite the abillity for anyone to post any info they want and that colleges will not accept wikis as source matiral for this reason!!! Good job!!!

*edit* The problem is not thaat I dont get how timelines work. It's the the info inside this games contridict this timeline.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There were two time lines in back to the future. In Back to the Future II, he goes into the future, gets the sports sports almanac, Biff steals it, gives it to himself in 1955 and when they go back to 1985, they are in a different time line where Biff is rich and owns their whole town.

That's why they go back to the past to stop him from getting the almanac so when they jump back to 1985, they will be back in their time line where Biff doesn't control the town.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

oh! thats's right!!! wikis have 100% correct info despite the abillity for anyone to post any info they want and that colleges will not accept wikis as source matiral for this reason!!! Good job!!!

*edit* The problem is not thaat I dont get how timelines work. It's the the info inside this games contridict this timeline.

If you can show me an actual quote from Wind Waker that states that Link split the triforce before leaving the land of Hyrule to go to a new land, then i'll believe you.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There were two time lines in back to the future. In Back to the Future II, he goes into the future, gets the sports sports almanac, Biff steals it, gives it to himself in 1955 and when they go back to 1985, they are in a different time line where Biff is rich and owns their whole town.

That's why they go back to the past to stop him from getting the almanac so when they jump back to 1985, they will be back in their time line where Biff doesn't control the town.

But if you remember when he went to Biff's 1985 he has to repair the past for his 1985 to happen. Plus using a movie which Nintendo had no part in... wow... i mean... wow... is that where you got your education?
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can show me an actual quote from Wind Waker that states that Link split the triforce before leaving the land of Hyrule to go to a new land, then i'll believe you.

It's midgame. I'm not going to start up a game just because your being a baby and can't accept you've been beat.

*edit* Ok, if he didn't split the Trifroce of Courage, then why do you have to collect split pieces of it in Windwaker?
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

And as far as your "Link split the triforce part in WW

The Triforce of Courage, left in Hyrule after the legendary Hero that appeared in Ocarina of Time departed from Hyrule (original Japanese suggests the Triforce split when the Hero "journeyed the flows of time" at Ocarina of Time's end), shattered into eight pieces and hid throughout the kingdom. By the time the events of The Wind Waker take place, the land is now under the Great Sea, with the shards of the Triforce of Courage locked in chests beneath the sea. Eight Triforce Charts were drawn and hidden to stop anyone without a courageous heart from assembling it. Link, with the help of Tingle, deciphers the Triforce Charts and retrieves the Triforce Shards from the Great Sea. The young hero assembles the full Triforce of Courge and shows it before the Gods at the Tower of Gods, who acknowledge Link's courage and accept him as the Hero of Winds.

Is this another of your wiki quotes?
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest Kimble. Your not worth the time anymore. Your wrong and no matter what anyone says to you to show you this, you are too immature to accept it. Good bye.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2012-06-04 10:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

four posts in a row? looks pretty desperate.

(there's an edit button for a reason)

edit: inb4 the return of the guy who said he wasn't coming back.

edit2: http://kotaku.com/5871215/the-official-zelda-timeline-now-with-added-detail

the time line that has been linked here o-so-many times is the official time line released by nintendo in a zelda art book. Dispute it all you want. They made the games, they decided whats cannon and whats not cannon. Not you, nor anyone else.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny how, one person can use the excuse of "the game contradicts its self so therefor, you're idea of the time line is wrong!" yet, couldn't the same be said of their time line idea? lol.

My wrong.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
But anyways, they released the official timeline of Zelda so ... just deal with it >.>

Really, the time line before that came out made a lot of sense, the only thing that was hard to figure out is how Alttp, the NES Zeldas, the Orcale series and link's awakening fit in.

We were thrown for a loop that there are 3 time lines, but I saw a video of it that made sense of it. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: There it is.

Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Back.... forgot my wallet... but while i'm here...

Ragnarok.Doluka said: »
Oh, btw Kotaku just posted this if anybody likes to debate the topic. Supposedly the official timeline shown in Nintendo's new official artbook for the series as a whole.

Here is a link to the article if anyone wants to read it, but it doesn't give any more insight to the translation.

Okay, I hope I'm not the first person to think this. But I don't think the creator of the Zelda series meant for most of these games to fit into a timeline. A good point of this is the Final Fantasy series. After all 'A Link to the Past' was named 'Triforce of the Gods' in Japan. I think this whole timeline issue was started because of the North American localization team doing stuff like that. Also this timeline has a flaw in it. It says Majora's Mask wasn't before Windwaker. Anyone who has played them knows that inside the legend of the hero (or whatever you want to call it) It says the Hero splited the Triforce of Courage into parts before leaving the land of Hyrule. Which is clearly a reference to Majora's Mask. Frankly people need to step back and stop looking for some timeline and just enjoy the games.

My point is that there is no timeline. My points where to show that there are contriditions in these such timelines. So far I have done that. You however have not proven me wrong.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point, we are both stuck in how we see it, so lets just let bygones be bygones, agree to disagree, and move on.

It can be proven and dis proven either way, so really no one is ever going to be 100% correct.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
But anyways, they released the official timeline of Zelda so ... just deal with it >.>

Really, the time line before that came out made a lot of sense, the only thing that was hard to figure out is how Alttp, the NES Zeldas, the Orcale series and link's awakening fit in.

We were thrown for a loop that there are 3 time lines, but I saw a video of it that made sense of it. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: There it is.

a fan video... great...
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point, we are both stuck in how we see it, so lets just let bygones be bygones, agree to disagree, and move on.

It can be proven and dis proven either way, so really no one is ever going to be 100% correct.

Wow, I have said something to that extend 3 times already!!!
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A fan video is no different than you, as a fan, trying to explain your idea of how it works, lol.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems you were lying when saying this. Again, Good bye.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 11:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not lying about anything, lol, i'm just saying that any other fans interpretation, isn't any less creditable than your own.

Can try watching the video at least.
By Drjones 2012-06-04 11:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A fan video is no different than you, as a fan, trying to explain your idea of how it works, lol.
Which is really no different from Nintendo trying to retcon a timeline onto a franchise that was not built with a timeline in mind.
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2012-06-04 11:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The 25th anniversary art book was produced by Nintendo (of Japan). Aonuma has also said for years that the games had an order.

There's a timeline, deal with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19