Everything Zelda
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-06-04 01:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So then is there some Link out there caught in a loop of defeating Ganon and then being sent back in time and eventually leading to him defeating Ganon and then sent back in time again?
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 01:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
He was sent back so he could have his childhood back because Zelda felt bad he had to lose 7 years of his life.

I got confused, they don't tell the King, but Link never opens the scared realm which means Ganondorf never gets triforce of power.

He attacks Hyrule without it and loses.

This is what that wiki says...

"After warning Zelda, Link left Hyrule and went in search of Navi"

So... why warn Zelda?
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-04 01:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is going to win this debate.. >_____> People are going to interpret it the way they want. Some people even think all the FF's are connected..
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-06-04 01:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You're telling me they aren't...?

WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 01:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

oh oh one more thing. You said he never got the Triforce of Power. Here is what that wiki says about that.

"Ganondorf's Execution
Main article: Ganondorf's Execution
After the failure of his attempted invasion, Ganondorf was taken prisoner in the Arbiter's Grounds prison.[77][78] When the ancient Sages tried to execute him, however, they discovered to their horror that he had the Triforce of Power, so they activated the Mirror of Twilight and sent him into the Twilight Realm. Here, Ganondorf languished for years, until he met Zant and promised him power in exchange for freedom from his prison."
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 01:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
No one is going to win this debate.. >_____> People are going to interpret it the way they want. Some people even think all the FF's are connected..

amen!
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-06-04 01:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So then after Adult Link defeats Ganon, he is sent back as a child where MM plays out. This is why he was absent in WW.

But the timelines of both MM and WW happen after Adult Link defeats Ganon in OOT. In fact, it is at the very moment that Zelda sends link back that OOT branches off into MM and WW.

Is the picture shown above the actual one released by Nintendo?
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-04 01:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The one I posted is official.

The Legend of Zelda Timeline details the official chronology of the Legend of Zelda series, as revealed by the December 2011 release of Hyrule Historia in Japan. Hyrule Historia is a compilation of official sources with Eiji Aonuma as its chief editor and therefore represents the developer's view of the chronology most accurately.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 01:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
So then after Adult Link defeats Ganon, he is sent back as a child where MM plays out. This is why he was absent in WW.

But the timelines of both MM and WW happen after Adult Link defeats Ganon in OOT. In fact, it is at the very moment that Zelda sends link back that OOT branches off into MM and WW.

Is the picture shown above the actual one released by Nintendo?

That's what i heard, but like I said before just because Nintendo gave the OK to make it. Doesn't mean they didn't outsource the work.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-06-04 01:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yea, but again, when time travel is involved, there will always be some confusion I would think.

But yea, I think what Kimble was trying to say (correct me if I am wrong- and maybe he did, there was a lot of reading, and I skimmed most of it) is that the actual timeline of OOT continues on into the WW, but Link is not there because he was sent to another timeline (MM).

Kind of off topic, but my favorite timeline has to be the one in which Link fails in OOT. So I guess the only way I can actually get to my other two favorites (Link to the Past and the original) is if I lose OOT, lol.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 01:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway's I'm going to bed. cya
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-04 01:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just all agree that the Zelda series is awesome. :3 MM <3
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-06-04 01:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just all agree that the Zelda series is awesome. :3 MM <3

No argument from me there.

But one more question because it has been ages since I have played the WW... but at some point don't we learn that every generation has a Hyrule, Master Sword, Link, and Zelda or something?

I thought I remembered thinking at the time that they were telling us that all the games took place at different times with different versions of those things.

Again, it has been awhile, so idk. Just asking for some clarification.
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-04 01:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Link
There are many incarnations of Link, each possessing the Spirit of the Hero

I believe they are all descendants. (or at least, wasn't the WW version a descendant?)

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Princess_Zelda
Early on in the timeline of the series, the original Zelda, while born as a human, is the mortal incarnation of the Goddess Hylia. Carrying on this divine blood, her female descendants are often named after her and are always the crown princess of Hyrule throughout its history
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-06-04 01:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I will have to go back and see the stories again.

Was fun talking about it though, brings back some good memories.
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-04 01:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Same. lol.. I still remember being scared of the Skeletons that appeared at night in the roads. ;-;
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 09:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, the point is, the story at the start of Wind Waker makes it so there is no way MM takes place after WW.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 09:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, the point is, the story at the start of Wind Waker makes it so there is no way MM takes place after WW.

Never said Majora's Mask happen after Windwaker. I said it happened before.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 09:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Michizane said: »
oh oh one more thing. You said he never got the Triforce of Power. Here is what that wiki says about that.

"Ganondorf's Execution
After the failure of his attempted invasion, Ganondorf was taken prisoner in the Arbiter's Grounds prison.[77][78] When the ancient Sages tried to execute him, however, they discovered to their horror that he had the Triforce of Power, so they activated the Mirror of Twilight and sent him into the Twilight Realm. Here, Ganondorf languished for years, until he met Zant and promised him power in exchange for freedom from his prison."

Remember, there are areas where places are vague because there aren't games (yet) that explain areas on the time line. He didn't have the trifroce when he attacked Hyrule which is why he was able to be defeated. Some how, between that event and then being caught and sent to be killed he did some how acquire the tri-force of power.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 09:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, yes, but it happens on TWO different time lines, not the same one.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 09:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ganondorf's Execution

Remember, there are areas where places are vague because there aren't games (yet) that explain areas on the time line. He didn't have the trifroce when he attacked Hyrule which is why he was able to be defeated. Some how, between that event and then being caught and sent to be killed he did some how acquire the tri-force of power.

Dude, just admit it. You have no idea what your talking about and your pulling at strings cause you cant face the fact your wrong.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 09:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Saw "Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses" last Thursday in Montreal, it was amazing! Producer trolled us and we got 3 "last song" XD

I HATE YOU!

I want to see the Zelda Symphony ; ;
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2012-06-04 09:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

they are connected through dissidia. If you haven't played it you should.
also I never understood in OOT if you don't go to the sacred realm Gman never gets the triforce of power. So why did they have you go to the sacred realm in the first place?
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 09:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, yes, but it happens on TWO different time lines, not the same one.

Then back to another of my points. Why isn't link in Hyrule to stop Ganonsdorf's return? And why in the legend of the hero does it say he left for another land and split the Triforce of Courage before leaving? *edit* This is clearly a reference to Majora's Mask. *edit* You still haven't came up with any good reason for this. And you have contradicted yourself so many times in this forum it's unreal. You did not work on Zelda. You did not work on the fanbook you keep refering to. So you have no creditablity since you clearly don't remember simple concepts inside the games.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 09:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so i say something, its made up, you say something, and its true?

Link Isnt in Hyrule to stop Ganondorf's return because Zelda freaking sent him back in time to have his childhood back.

Where in the starting story of Wind Waker does it say he left for another land?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 09:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said: »

they are connected through dissidia. If you haven't played it you should.
also I never understood in OOT if you don't go to the sacred realm Gman never gets the triforce of power. So why did they have you go to the sacred realm in the first place?

You went there to get the Master Sword because Zelda thought getting that would be able to stop Ganondorf. She had no idea taking it would open the door way to the sacred realm which holds the tri-froce.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 09:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They story at the start of wind waker.

Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a man of great evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then...just as all hope had died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the hero of time. This boy's tale was passed down through the generations until it became legend.

And then a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the great evil once again crept forth from the depths of the earth. The people believed that the hero of time would come again to save them, but the hero did not appear...

What became of that kingdom...? None remain who know. The memory of the kingdom vanished, but it's legend survived on the wind's breath.

On a certain island, it became customary to garb young boys in green when they come of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspire to find heroic blades and cast evil down. The elders wish only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend...
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-06-04 10:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It says it when you go to find the split pieces of the trifroce. And you still haven't anwsered why link wasn't there when Ganondorf returned? he was only send back in time not to a different location. He can still grow up and fight Ganon again when he returns.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-04 10:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And as far as your "Link split the triforce part in WW

The Triforce of Courage, left in Hyrule after the legendary Hero that appeared in Ocarina of Time departed from Hyrule (original Japanese suggests the Triforce split when the Hero "journeyed the flows of time" at Ocarina of Time's end), shattered into eight pieces and hid throughout the kingdom. By the time the events of The Wind Waker take place, the land is now under the Great Sea, with the shards of the Triforce of Courage locked in chests beneath the sea. Eight Triforce Charts were drawn and hidden to stop anyone without a courageous heart from assembling it. Link, with the help of Tingle, deciphers the Triforce Charts and retrieves the Triforce Shards from the Great Sea. The young hero assembles the full Triforce of Courge and shows it before the Gods at the Tower of Gods, who acknowledge Link's courage and accept him as the Hero of Winds.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19