You've Got 2 Weeks To Live.

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » You've got 2 weeks to live.
You've got 2 weeks to live.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-05-11 23:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Scrumpet told me not to so I won't!
You will and you'll like it!
Nah, Spency deserves a nice woman~ <3

Know any? I think I'm becoming a little more open to a relationship lol
 Odin.Een
Server: Odin
user: Een
By Odin.Een 2011-05-11 23:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why people want to know when the end of the world is. Like stated above numerous times. No MAN will know when the end is coming.

And likely, it's gonna happen so fast no one is gonna know what hit them. If it is how it's written in Revelations. But I think that Revelations and what exactly causes the end of the world can be interrupted in several different ways.

I think more of a 'new beginning' to come after the war to end all wars. "Peace on earth for 1000 years." I think it is a man made catastrophe that is going to wipe out most of the world's population, something like say a nuclear war, or something else that causes death, famine, and all the other foretold happenings to the end of the world. Since a nuclear holocaust would initially kill many millions of people, causing the planet to slowly become more and more un-inhabitably bringing with it after the initial effect, Famine, Disease, Looting, More War, etc etc.

And the way the Bible tells it, that these each come in stages in the form of the 'horseman'. Since ***would get worse as time comes on, "So came forth Famine and everyone will go hungry in the land of plenty." That is a way to think of it.

But these crazy people who think they can predict it with Mathematics are as nutty as some of the people in Mental Hospitals. They are usually devoted also and they completely ignore the, No man nor book...etc etc. will know when the end of the world will come.

God destroyed it once with water and vowed to never do it that way again. What would cause worldwide fire? Meoter, Comet, Nuclear War. So if it isn't man made, then it will come from space. You gotta remember you have to think in a literal way when it comes to "What actually can destroy all life on earth."

But the way I see it all that it will just destroy most of humanity worldwide. Leaving a small group of survivors in all corners of the world to start a 'New Era of Man.'

Seems to be the most logical explanation to the end of the world. And that takes from all religions and beliefs and a little bit from the Mayan Calendar. Tho it isn't explained, the Mayan Calender also tends to lean towards a New Age of Man also. And that December 21, 2012 is when it all starts.
 Bismarck.Tonythetaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tonythetaru 2011-05-11 23:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, if it was certain to be true, I'd totally fly out to the City by the Bay, and have a high speed chase with the Jakes' for lulz. Of course it would have to be in a classic muscle car; mayhaps in a GTO, Shelby, or a pimped/souped out Pinto.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-11 23:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Een said:
I don't know why people want to know when the end of the world is. Like stated above numerous times. No MAN will know when the end is coming.

They will if a big enough asteroid is detected heading straight for us.. Don't let the movies fool you, it's far from improbable... Eventually an asteroid big enough to wipe out ALL life will hit the Earth.. The only question is when <_<.

On a side note, smaller, but still destructive (big enough to wipe out an entire major city) asteroids hit the Earth almost like clock work.. As of this year, that deadline is officially here. The last one we were lucky and it hit an area mostly devoid of all life minus plants (namely trees), but the number of targets has massively increased since then..
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-05-11 23:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you been watching those End of the World shows too, Slip? Haha
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-11 23:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tonythetaru said:
Man, if it was certain to be true, I'd totally fly out to the City by the Bay, and have a high speed chase with the Jakes' for lulz. Of course it would have to be in a classic muscle car; mayhaps in a GTO, Shelby, or a pimped/souped out Pinto.
Has to be a Mopar.. Preferably a 'Cuda or..

/drool
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-05-11 23:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Or me. I'm just as good.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-11 23:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Have you been watching those End of the World shows too, Slip? Haha
Nah, I'm an astronomy nut.. Sure I've seen it mentioned on those shows, but I knew it from my interest in astronomy long before it was put in a top 10 dooms list.

If there is one extinction event I wouldn't want to witness though, it would be a GRB.. The idea of it scares the living hell out of me.. I mean the odds of it happening are extremely remote, and some scientists argue that it's not even possible our planet could be hit by one bad enough to wipe out life..

But suffice it to say, that if one hit, in seconds the atmosphere would be stripped away, and you would begin cooking like Earth was one giant microwave oven, and you can't really run from it.. Maybe a few lucky deep core miners would survive, but being indoors or just underground wouldn't help.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-05-11 23:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always liked astronomy as well. I'd like to get into it on an amateur level at some point.
 Bismarck.Tonythetaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tonythetaru 2011-05-11 23:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, having a high speed chase in a Pinto like this would be kind of funny.

Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-05-11 23:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

id be so pissed if im getting all stressed out over these finals just for the world to end lol xP
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-11 23:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would want to pursue a career in it, but at the same time I wouldn't. Seeing everything reduced to numbers would really kill a lot of the mystique and attraction for me I think..

I mean right now, I understand just how vast the universe is (many don't, they're capable of it, but they just don't really get it) but if all that started to make absolute sense and I understood what it actually meant when they gave the equation for a distant galaxy's distance (since that's just too many 0's to be writing all the time lol) I think a lot of it would die for me.

If you (not particularly directed at spence :p) ever find yourself driving through a desert, or just way, way outside the city and away from the light pollution, you should really look up at the stars, I can't even describe how it feels to me, but I remember it, even though the last (and only time) it's happened for me was over 15 years ago.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-11 23:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
id be so pissed if im getting all stressed out over these finals just for the world to end lol xP
It won't..

Let's just assume for a second the Bible is real (as a large portion of it is supposed to of been written by people who talked to God, or saw his signs and wrote his word) and that the Bible says no man could ever predict the end..

Then just assume that was his plan all along (to end the world on that date, ignoring the obvious paradoxes of him being all knowing and knowing these events would transpire billions of years before they even did)...

Why would he let it happen on that day anyways? After all he said no man will ever know, if someone does know, and he lets it happen, he'll not only be proving that mere mortals are above him, but also that he's been wrong all along..

Any Christian who says they know the end date, has failed to think it through logically.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-05-12 00:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about things like this really make me nervous, in all seriousness if you look at the world, USA turns a blind eye to most of the worlds suffering. Most ppl in 1st world countries don't even care about ppl from 3rd and 2nd world countries, we throw stuff out like food, clothes, things we all take for granted that in other areas of the world ppl kill each other for cause NA consumes 90%? of the worlds natural resources. God might very well bring the hammer down on us, the world is full of sin we all can't deny it. But, i don't think god would slaughter the ppl of the world thats just what i believe. I hope the end of the world doesn't come, i hope ghe rest of the world picks it up and starts to be a kinder place but realistically...not a huge chance i see.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-05-12 01:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And I just found out an Earthquake hit southern Spain. . .
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-12 02:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said:
Thinking about things like this really make me nervous, in all seriousness if you look at the world, USA turns a blind eye to most of the worlds suffering. Most ppl in 1st world countries don't even care about ppl from 3rd and 2nd world countries, we throw stuff out like food, clothes, things we all take for granted that in other areas of the world ppl kill each other for cause NA consumes 90%? of the worlds natural resources. God might very well bring the hammer down on us, the world is full of sin we all can't deny it. But, i don't think god would slaughter the ppl of the world thats just what i believe. I hope the end of the world doesn't come, i hope ghe rest of the world picks it up and starts to be a kinder place but realistically...not a huge chance i see.

I can't tell if you are trolling or not. . .

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Or me. I'm just as good.
You have a boy friend. . .
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-12 02:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

But obviously not a spencefriend..
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-05-12 02:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amael said:
And I just found out an Earthquake hit southern Spain. . .
just wait for the cali one coming up ;)
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-05-20 09:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I love when people predict the end of the world. All it does is solidify that day as one it won't happen.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-05-20 13:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

you would think this is a more appropriate day to pick for "the Rapture". I do think some of the more recent weather and geological events are related though.

http://buddy-dubaibase.blogspot.com/2010/08/planetary-alignment-december-21-2012.html

December 21, 2012 has been called doomsday, the day of enlightenment, and even the day the earth will turn upside down by many different culture and civilizations throughout history. Although the prediction on what is actually going to happen is vague modern day scientists know we our planet is aligning with the galactic equator.

Every few years, doomsayers start popping up and talking about the planets in the solar system lining up. This alignment, they claim, will cause earthquakes, floods and in some cases split the planet in two like a cleaver through a head of lettuce. The last time this happened was in 1982, which, you may remember, is notable as the date on which the world did not end. The next alignment, so they say, is in May of 2000. Many doomsayers also point out that that's the year of the millennium (they're wrong, but that's another Bad Astronomy issue altogether)! Are we doomed this time?

The Geometry of Planetary Alignments
First of all, it is impossible for all the planets to form a straight line out from the Sun (or viewed superimposed on each other in the sky) because each planetary orbit is tilted slightly (and sometimes not slight at all in the case of Pluto) with respect to the Earth's orbit (whose plane we trace out on the night sky as a line completely around the sky and is called the ecliptic). These zealots confuse the term planetary alignment with the more accurate words that should be used, planetary configuration or a loose grouping of the planets in the sky. Actually the event that occurred in 1983 was that the planets (all eight of them -- we are on the ninth, Earth) would be within 96° of each other in the sky -- not in a straight line as most people would misinterpret with the term alignment. To have all of the planets on the same side of the Sun and virtually all within the same quadrant (i.e., 90°) happens approximately once every 200 years -- rare as far as humans are concerned, but not rare as far as the solar system is concerned.
The last series of planetary configurations or perhaps more accurately called multiple planetary conjunctions occurred in the year 2000. Did the Earth tilt over? No. Did tidal forces trigger earthquakes? No. Did the polar ice caps melt? No. Were you even be able to see the conjunctions? Not really.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-05-20 13:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said:

I can't tell if you are trolling or not. . .

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Or me. I'm just as good.
You have a boy friend. . .
No I don't =P