Blue Mage soloing
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17
 Cerberus.Ansime
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: ansime
By Cerberus.Ansime 2011-08-21 02:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SO I was able to successfully solo Genbu on BLU today. I ended up going /whm, freed up a few spell slots for me. It was actually fairly painless and didn't give me TOO much of a hassle. The only problems were when I got lazy and got in range of his breaths. Caught me once or twice. I'm gonna do it again and post a video of it, not too spectacular but it was fun to kill him solo at least :p
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-21 02:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ansime said: »
SO I was able to successfully solo Genbu on BLU today. I ended up going /whm, freed up a few spell slots for me. It was actually fairly painless and didn't give me TOO much of a hassle. The only problems were when I got lazy and got in range of his breaths. Caught me once or twice. I'm gonna do it again and post a video of it, not too spectacular but it was fun to kill him solo at least :p
Can't wait! Always been looking for a good strategy to this
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-21 03:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not trying to diminish anyones success but Genbu was soloable at 75 with a DOT and refresh, so basically by a RDM lvl41. It took forever but it was always soloable, pretty much anything can solo it now DD style with heals.
 Cerberus.Ansime
Server: Cerberus
user: ansime
By Cerberus.Ansime 2011-08-21 03:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

WIll post full strategy tomorrow or monday, heading to bed in a min. I'm probably going to try and crank out a rdm sub tomorrow and do him again late sunday early monday. Will keep you posted
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-21 03:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you guys are trolling or being serious. Any job that can move in a straight line can solo Genbu. For BLU specifically just cannonball him to death with some nukes here and there. Maybe even straight tank, dunno.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-08-21 04:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Not sure if you guys are trolling or being serious. Any job that can move in a straight line can solo Genbu. For BLU specifically just cannonball him to death with some nukes here and there. Maybe even straight tank, dunno.
That's what I was thinking. I don't think cannonball damage is particularly good on genbu, but it's so ridiculously easy to kite him around it doesn't really matter.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-21 05:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeahhhh >_> I figured this was at least a straight-tank solo, kited solo is a joke.
 Bahamut.Enkidou
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2011-08-23 08:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Great videos.

Quick spellcast question. Where and what do you put in your .xml to have /echo's showing your gear swaps, similar to your ----- BLU TP ----- echo?

Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-23 10:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Enkidou said: »
Great videos.

Quick spellcast question. Where and what do you put in your .xml to have /echo's showing your gear swaps, similar to your ----- BLU TP ----- echo?

Thanks.
If you're talking about Draylo's video then I think he uses script macros? So he just sticks a /echo it in the txt file.

For spellcast you need to have an add to chat or a cmd /echo
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2011-08-23 11:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Great videos.

Thanks.
If you're talking about Draylo's video then I think he uses script macros? So he just sticks a /echo it in the txt file.

Probably right about the scripts. I'm just not sure where to add in the chat command in spellcast.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-08-23 16:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said:
Just did some Plucking wings BCs today, seems to me it's a very easy solo now at 90, although, I wanted to ask.. Is it a miss & hit kind of solo? Because I got one shotted by Dark invocation :(

He didn't use it against me once in my solo and never used it against my group the previous 6 times we did it. It's really rare I would assume.

I must have had the shitties luck then because I nearly got it in nearly every single fight when Plucking was available about a month or so in our server. Sucked so bad, cause it instant KO'ed me most of the time.

GL
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-08-23 16:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Great videos.

Thanks.

Probably right about the scripts. I'm just not sure where to add in the chat command in spellcast.

<if spell="eagle eye shot|jishnu's radiance">
<if advanced='("%TP" = "289")'>
<action type="command" when="precast">input /raw /p JISHNUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS blah blah %TP% PEW!!!!!</action>
</if>
</if>

except /p would be /echo
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-23 16:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just use script macros, no spellcast.
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2011-08-24 07:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Dova and Draylo.
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
Server: Carbuncle
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2011-08-28 19:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage Solo - The Celestial Nexus

I did not read up on this fight before hand, nor have I fought it before this. You can also see that I haven't done it before from how badly I messed up the end of the first form. But a win is a win, I guess.

It is a painfully easy fight...

Edit: Also, I apologize if the video glitches a few times.
[+]
 Asura.Erics
Server: Asura
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2011-09-04 16:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, Draylo. Here is one for you, my BLU's TP set is missing Fortitude torque due to me not ever caring about a sea LS back in the day or caring to do sea at all except for Rajas... So! Chances of being able to solo Jailer of Fortitude? I have the same eva set as you, all spells, etc. So I should be set with any strat. you think would work best, if it is even possible. The only downside I can think of is the two adds it spawns with.. :\ I would try it without a doubt if it was only 1 add.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-04 16:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always kite deaggro the adds, but I'm willing to bet you could straight tank them down if you really wanted to.
 Asura.Erics
Server: Asura
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2011-09-04 16:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, didn't know could be that simple. I might actually give it a try then, farming a pop shouldn't be too bad.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-04 16:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Erics said: »
Okay, Draylo. Here is one for you, my BLU's TP set is missing Fortitude torque due to me not ever caring about a sea LS back in the day or caring to do sea at all except for Rajas... So! Chances of being able to solo Jailer of Fortitude? I have the same eva set as you, all spells, etc. So I should be set with any strat. you think would work best, if it is even possible. The only downside I can think of is the two adds it spawns with.. :\ I would try it without a doubt if it was only 1 add.
Don't get Fort Torque, Rancor or Wivre with Crit +2 will do better.
 Shiva.Irika
Server: Shiva
user: Irika
By Shiva.Irika 2011-09-07 04:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Cerberus.Eliane said: »
Is Apoc Nigh soloable?
SMN can, dunno about BLU.
I managed to solo this as blu/nin earlier! Basically I spell spam zerged Eald'narche first, using headbutt and whirl of rage to stun spells. CA + Efflux Quad, Goblin Rush, and Delta Thrust were enough to kill him. Took me a couple tries (died to petri move once) to get down, definitely the hardest part of the fight.

For Kam'lanaut I switched to an eva set and fought him similiar to Draylo's Proto-Omega video. I took a bunch of damage from spamming Eald down that I just opted to wipe on the outside of the BC and reset, but I think a vile elixir would have been enough.

Don't know if this meritted a post but hope it sounded cool at least!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 04:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Asura.Erics said: »
Don't get Fort Torque, Rancor or Wivre with Crit +2 will do better.

You won't always want to be TPing in Rancor, and Crit+2 wivre is incredibly uncommon. Fort torque is just fine.

For Fort itself: I do it on BLU/NIN. You can just deaggro the adds. Mysterious Light helps but isn't required, with it I can usually deaggro them before I get out of the aern room in fort's tower. The fight itself isn't too complex, I just straight tank it with a mix of EVA and normal TP sets depending on how safe I feel at the time (usually EVA), keeping cocoon up for rogue Vorpal Blades (but these shouldn't be hitting you all that often) and liberal use of Actinic Burst to get Ichi up if he's being a ***. Keeping Filamented hold up on him is also a major plus, and MP Drainkiss to provide some extra MP gain is very helpful.

For damage, Sanguine Blade and Disseverment poison are your only really good sources. A well geared SB should take 3-4% off of his HP.

Hope that helps.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 04:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just get on rdm erics >;I!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 04:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU can do it much faster than RDM even if you're just kiting it. @@
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 05:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd really challenge you on that, putting into consideration his defense etc
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 05:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What does Defense have to do with a 21/tic poison and a strong magic based weaponskill? Unless you're talking solely about kiting, in which case Disseverment is stronger than Bio III and Poison II combined.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-09-07 05:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

His defense is nothing to worry about @90, and BLU can technically nuke more efficiently than a RDM with regurgitation anyway.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-07 05:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
What does Defense have to do with a 21/tic poison and a strong magic based weaponskill?

Why are you using logic on the internet?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 05:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

His defense is still rock solid, it's a straight physical damage reduction as far as I can surmise.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 05:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Blizzard IV destroys it, even w/ a mediocre nuke set. With the refresh available these days, by no means is it hard to keep it fairly consisntant and Bio III w/ a good dark build can reach steady dot dmg though ofc not matching dissv

BLU's steady dmg on him is restricted due to the huge PDT, anyway, I love both jobs but I think I'll hand the win to RDM here.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 05:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Regurgiation: 69 MP
Casting time: 5 seconds
Recast time: 24 seconds
BLU average idle refresh: 7-9/tic
(9 tics to get enough MP for 1 Regurgitation, or 27 seconds. 3 seconds more than the recast time of Regurgitation before fast cast)
Average damage: 600-800

Blizzard IV: 164 MP
Casting time: 8.25 seconds
Recast time: 36 seconds
RDM average idle refresh: 10-11/tic
(15 tics to get enough MP for 1 Blizzard IV, or 45 seconds. 9 seconds more than the recast on Blizzard IV before fast cast)
Average damage: 1300-1400 (edited from 800-1000)

Equal or slightly different efficiency. This is before taking into account BLU's newer, higher tier nukes and other duties while kiting. Regurgitation will be safer to cast than Blizzard IV, possibly alleviating shadow recast downtime.

Scratch that, after looking at it again Regurgitation should prove to be superior. The 12 second differences in recast in Regurg's favor closes the gap in damage and overtakes Blizzard IV over time.

Edit@ Your edit: What part of PDT doesn't affect magical damage do you not grasp? :\
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17