Your in-game name
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-04-11 13:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How did you come up with it/get it?

Mine came from a RL nickname my buddy gave me. The first time he met me he thought I looked like a Viking. Thus he called me Magnus.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-11 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-04-11 13:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Random word, then i just modified it to sound better. no meaning, altho my nickname derived from it is Romy, makes me sound romantic.
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-11 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My name on PSO/PSU was Nova when i started ffxi it was taken so I added an X to the end, but have been called Novax(No-vax) instead of Nova x :(
By Artemicion 2011-04-11 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was aiming for something Final Fantasy related, but wouldn't fall into cliches, much like the countless xxxSephirothxxx or Cloudstrifeomnislashintheface characters we see already.
So I did a little bit of digging and found some obscure yet very likable and unique characters in the series. To which I found Artemicion, the (only) purple moogle and leader of the MogNet delivery service. However, due to a case of vanity, he used up all the mail sorting machine's engine grease to make his fur shiny and soft, thus putting his business to a halt. To which Zidane initiates his quest.
It's been my alias for various accounts ever since.

Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-04-11 13:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:

/hi5 for the AC reference

I'm fairly certain this thread already exists, but I'll answer it again.

About 6ish years ago, I was creating a WoW character and my (slightly weaboo) friends were telling me that my character name should "sound asian". I just kept hitting the random name generator until Damesh came up. I liked it, but it was already taken. So I added the i to create Dameshi which I liked, and it pleased my friends because they felt it sounded asian.

They then quit playing 2 weeks later, so I'm glad I picked a name I actually liked regardless xD

Yes, I know my name was chosen in a very boring fashion, and had 0 meaning to me when created, but I (obviously) still use it to this day, so it has meaning now ^^
By Wombat 2011-04-11 13:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wombats dig extensive burrow systems with rodent-like front teeth and powerful claws. One distinctive adaptation of wombats is their backwards pouch. The advantage of a backwards-facing pouch is that when digging, the wombat does not gather dirt in its pouch over its young. Although mainly crepuscular and nocturnal, wombats also venture out to feed on cool or overcast days. They are not commonly seen, but leave ample evidence of their passage, treating fences as minor inconveniences to be gone through or under, and leaving distinctive cubic faeces.
'nufsed
 Bismarck.Rharmony
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-04-11 13:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Rharmony was supposed to be Righteous Harmony but.... Too many letters, thus Rharmony.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-04-11 13:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fav story to tell eva!

Daisy is my 17 yo dog. When I was..I dont know..13 and discovered the wonders of the internet past the aol home screen I decided it was going to be my user name also.

Ive used the name Daisy7 or Daisy or Glddaisy since then.

Then FF11 came out and I assumed the name was going to be taken but I tried it anyway and accidentally fudged up my typing (I use homerow keys unlike some people and my right hand was placed a little farther than it should) and I ended up Typing DAUST into the name select. I said "whoops" and retried Daisy which was taken...CURSES!

so I backspaced and stuck in DAUST again only I thought the T was stupid so I erased it...thus DAUS was born!

pronounced DAWS or DOS...dausage rhymes with sausage so my bro says. 8|
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-11 13:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My real name is of roman descent. Aurelius was taken, so I went with this. Nothing fancy.
By Rustytiger 2011-04-11 13:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine came from the fact that my friends either called me "Rusty" or "Tiger". Rusty came from when some of us were playing D&D and Vampire many moons ago in college and I wasn't that good at it then, hence the name. Tiger came from the fighting game arcade games cause i either fought like one with the characters I used or was real aggressive with the controls while I was playing them :-P

I just put the two names together when i started playing ffxi ;)
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
Server: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-04-11 13:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well i was on vent right...

and there was this guy named serj
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-04-11 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

PS1 game tomba (best game ever!) had those 7 evil swines you had to defeat. At first i only had the demo of the game but totally loved it and always wanted the whole game. Well those 7 evil swines were to reason for my name
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-11 13:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My name itself is a creation of my own, but it originated when I was playing Runescape once (Lol) and the name I intended to use for it, Lazarus, was taken. Naturally, I would never resort to a name like Lazarus90210 or anything like that so I spent about 15 minutes trying to think of something new and original to avoid running into similar problems in the future.

I just happened to be listening to One-Winged Angel at the time, and the first line of it, in Latin, reads "Estuans interius, ira vehementi", which roughly translates to "burning inside with violent anger". I just transmuted the word "interius" to "enternius" as a form of artificial archaism, and I also think it looked better as a name. And then there ya go.
[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2011-04-11 13:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy 1 first boss. Garland. "I will knock you all down"
[+]
 Diabolos.Slanderous
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Slanderous 2011-04-11 13:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

personal/inside joke of my RL lastname, If someone called me a liar i would say its pronounced Leier (lastname) Slanderous is just a better looking name than liar.^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Taxero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taxero79
By Quetzalcoatl.Taxero 2011-04-11 13:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Taco --> Tac0 --> Tac-zero --> Taxero.

Long story short, drinking beers while eating tacos gives a man strange ideas.
[+]
 Bahamut.Josseppi
Server: Bahamut
user: Josseppi
By Bahamut.Josseppi 2011-04-11 14:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My real name is Joe, my italian grandmother used to call me Josepi when I was a kid. Josseppi was the first variation of the name that was available.
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-11 14:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My in-game name is made to match my real-life name. Leif. (Lay-f)

I feel it's a unique name, at least in America it is, and I use that reasoning as an excuse to rename various RPG characters after me. Not even Cloud Strife is safe from the renaming.

Needless to say, it's very frustrating to find out when someone on a different server has my name, and also why I've adopted Ramuh as my one true home, even though it's not where I started.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2011-04-11 14:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Self explanatory.

Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-11 14:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

started my first charater, was a male hume named konatsu, but then i got curious about the other nations, so i made a taru whm, and i wanted to make the name similar to taru npcs names, so thats when i thought of
Irohuro
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-11 14:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I'd made it up, only to find out it was a math term I'd glanced over during a class.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2011-04-11 14:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Contrary to popular opinion, my name did not originate from Spongebob, but rather was a redundant and fabricated word my friends and I in high school made up to annoy each other with.
Perhaps it's a coincidence, but I needed something fitting for a tarutaru, and voila!
By Rustytiger 2011-04-11 14:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:
Final Fantasy 1 first boss. Garland. "I will knock you all down"

Ah, Garland. Brings back memories ;)^^
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-04-11 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I like the yuzu fruit~ (and I think there was an empty Yuzu juice bottle on my computer desk at the time...) and I tend to say "moo" randomly >.>;

Plus a name with a Y U and Z isn't very common so I thought it was cool >.>b
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-11 14:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I live in Michigan. I've actually looked up the house Bruce Campbell grew up at and My Cousin's are friends with the children of some of the women from the first film.

Biggest Bruce Campbell Fan. Ever.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-11 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was the name of my DnD character at the time, and at first I tried to model my FFXI character to be like him. Kinda went the other way around.
 Asura.Perses
user: Hiroshima
By Asura.Perses 2011-04-11 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I unfortunately have had to change my name a couple of times do to server transfers and mergers.

Original was Hiroshima. I wanted to play a BLM and it seemed appropriate.

Moved servers Hiroshima was taken and Heros was in full swing so anything Hiro related had to be out, so I changed to Entropy. When I transferred in I unfortunately found out there had been a previous Entropy on that server who was a douche. >.<

Server Merge and chose Perses. "Titan god of destruction in mythology"
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-04-11 14:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In game name generator, lol.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2011-04-11 14:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

One of those random internet quiz thingies... What Would Your Superhero Name Be?

I got The Great Blue Spoon. My weakness was corn flakes and I drew my strength from peanut butter. I thought it was kinda cute, especially the pic they had of a blue spoon with sunglasses and this sexy flowing cape, so I kept it and used it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8