Diabolos.Neclord
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Neclord
By Diabolos.Neclord 2011-04-09 02:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Diabolos.Neclord said:
no propane grillin here...wood is where its at.
That looks incredible!!!

The Salt Lick :P
By zahrah 2011-04-09 02:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Neclord said:
zahrah said:
Diabolos.Neclord said:
That looks incredible!!!

AHHH!!! I didn't even realize. I feel dumb now. LOL!

Well, got a flight to California in about six hours, so I need a little sleep. Night all!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-04-09 02:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Neclord said:

Are those mashed potatoes or corn casserole?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 02:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Well, got a flight to California in about six hours, so I need a little sleep. Night all!
Dammit I wanted ask what part you going to
 Diabolos.Neclord
Server: Diabolos
user: Neclord
By Diabolos.Neclord 2011-04-09 02:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a safe flight Z.

That is potato salad
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Server: Cerberus
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-04-09 06:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
What kind of flour do you use?

It honestly doesn't matter. I've used self-rising and regular and gotten the same results. :D I'm so glad everyone seems to be happy with this thread! I'll have to post more recipes when I get off work later!
 Ramuh.Jadell
Server: Ramuh
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2011-04-09 07:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yum! You all have posted some really good things to try! Except for the fast food sushi.. that was a little over the top for me first thing in the morning while I drink my coffee.

Some really easy but really good food is to get a crockpot, a cut of pork roast called a boston butt (SAM's has some really nice ones), bottle of margharita mix (the mix not the alcohol) some rolls and bbq sauce.

Season the roast however you like it (I use cavender's greek seasoning) and place in crockpot. Pour the margharita mix til it comes about half way up the meat and let it simmer all day on med hi to high. It will be done when you can shred up the meat easily.

Pour off the juice and shred up the meat, remove any bone you find and then mix bbq sauce and serve it on buns.

*** You can marindade chicken breasts in margharita mix and grill and it is really good too.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-04-09 07:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Neclord said:
zahrah said:
Diabolos.Neclord said:
That looks incredible!!!

/licks the monitor

wait...I gotta stop daydreaming
By hattorii 2011-04-09 08:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss salt lick, ill have to go back sometime
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-04-09 09:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Diabolos.Neclord said:
is there any other way to eat steak? i think not
Talley is up to three for bloody and delicious! We win!

Tally is 4 :D

edit:: quote fail ; ;
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-09 09:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
zahrah said:
Diabolos.Neclord said:

5 just to rub it in.
 Leviathan.Erang
Server: Leviathan
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-04-09 14:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't enjoy the heat pattern put out by a pyramid of charcoal. Well or take it back to the grill. When I use my grill I use the entire cooking surface! I do burgers with Rudy's BBQ sauce and many other secret ingredients, that's got to count for something. Love chicken marinated in a custom green pesto. I am hardcore steak and taters, I mainly eat for nutritional value since I eat fast, 5 meals a day on average. Grilling steak and chicken breast tonight for 12 people. I'm eating a Big Mac (lettuce, pickles, cheese and bacon) as I type this sitting in the grocery store parking lot. They say dont go to the grocery store hungry but thats ***. It's my pre-snack filler, snack, post snack, pre dinner, you get the idea.

I am disappointed that you are disappointed. I'm about to blow 300 on party food. Player type ***.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-09 14:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hubby's family calls it Spaghetti Casserole (real imaginative huh)
one regular casserole pan...lightly greased
1/2-one lb of spaghetti or other pasta
1 can of tomato soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can of corn (we use mexicorn)
1 can green chili's
feel free to adjust...

cook pasta....mix everything together... throws scads of shredded cheese(again your preference) and stick it in oven (350-ish) til cheese is meelted and soups are bubbling. let it sit for a bit and serve.
we throw lettuce, tomato, black olives, sour cream, green peppers or whatever you wish on top.

you have to adjust the amounts for whatever your pan holds...Family throws more cheese on it and reheats it the secnod day
[+]
By zahrah 2011-04-09 16:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
zahrah said:

San Francisco.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 16:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
zahrah said:
San Francisco.
Ewwww san fran. I do love flying into sfo though... keep getting lower and lower and all you see is water around you... then bam the run way lol. I'll probably be flying into there in a couple of weeks
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-04-09 17:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:
zahrah said:
Diabolos.Neclord said:

5 just to rub it in.

Nooooo! If I wanted my steak bleeding, I'd have caught the cow myself. :( I don't like it burned either, just a happy medium. But the bleeding part creeps me out and my makes my stomach turn, lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-04-09 18:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I make this Casserole of Mostaciolli Pasta Bake on a certain basis-

Box of Mostaciolli or Penne Pasta (I usually go with Barilla brand)
Tomato and Basil Sauce (or Meat Sauce)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

1. Boil pasta 4-5 mins or until soft
2. Strain Pasta, place into oven-safe Casserole
3. Add Sauce, Mix into Pasta
4. Lay Shredded Mozzarella on Top, sprinkle with Parmesean if desired
5. Set oven to 400 degrees, bake for 15-20 mins until cheese has some golden browning to it
6. Take out of Oven, let sit for a while. Serve, and Bon Apetit
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-09 18:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite Italian dish.

Boil some shells or penne al dente.

Add to your favorite meat sauce (I make my own) Bell Peppers, Pepperoni, Sliced Black Olives, Very few onions and let it all cook together for a while.

Mix pasta and meat sauce in a large baking dish and mix in your favorite cheeses.

Smooth out and top with cheese.

Bake for about 30 minutes on medium heat.

Remove from oven and let set for 15 minutes.

Cook some Italian bread and enjoy.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-09 18:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I love food, but I cant cook worth a ***. The only recipe that I "free-ball" is meatloaf, so I will share that with you guys...

Meatloaf

items needed...
1). 3 eggs (to hold your meat together)
2). Italian bread crumbs
3). 1 lbs of ground beef (I prefer the high end meat, but if you're cheap, ground chuck will do)
4). All purpose seasoning (the meat kind)
5). A whole onion (the big ones)

prep time...
0). Defrost your meat!

1). preheat your oven to 425 degrees, set it to BAKE.

2). Mince the onion (chop it up into TINY pieces)

3). take a big bowl, put your meat in it, and add the breadcrumbs and seasoning

4). Mash the meat in with the crumbs and seasoning until its COMPLETELY covered. Then add the three eggs and mash it just a bit more. After you add the eggs, add those onions you chopped up.

5). Grab your baking pan, spray it with cooking spray, then rest your mash of meat on the pan.

6). Now, here is where you mold your meat to make it look like a loaf. I sometimes make it into a penis if its just adults eating.

cook time...
1). STICK THE PAN IN THE OVEN!
2). cook your meatloaf for 40 minutes, or until the meat has been cooked all the way through.
3). After its cooked, take it out, cut it, and enjoy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-04-10 12:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dayumn lots of good stuff in here. I'm trying Slip's fried chicken recipe tonight tho.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-04-10 13:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, so i cook... a LOT. so here's some pics of food.

1st... Stage 1 of my sis-kebabs. I know it's redneck as hell, but my battalion chief wouldnt let it sit on the side of the road... so we skinned it at work. just kept the backstrap, that was it.

final stage.

Something i called a "Pork Bomb", which is a modified bacon explosion that consists of 12 pieces of thick cut bacon weaved into a square blanket, dusted with "grill mates" sweet n smokey pork seasoning (which is the same as the pork seasoning, with added brown sugar... if you want to save money, buy the reg pork seasoning and add brown sugar) THEN let a pack of jimmy dean sausage sit out for a bit until the fat loosens up so it's workable and patty it into a square on top of the bacon weave but leave one width of bacon in all directions, dust with more seasoning, THEN put a pork tederloin in there and roll it up. Preferrably smoke it in a smoker, or you can bake it for about an hour or until the center is 150 degrees. you CAN cool it to 165 like the pack says... but pork is SAFE at 141, but starts getting dry at around 160. so 150-155 is the best place to aim.

Once it's done, slather it with some honey bbq sauce (sweet baby rays is BEAST!) then put back in the oven for like 5 mins so it can carmelize

Num Num medium grilled bone-in ribeye, with baked potato and ceasar salad. The BEST way to make a steak, is to let it sit out and get to ROOM TEMP (70-75 degrees F) pat in a generous amt of FRESH ground black pepper, and kosher salt, then lightly rub with olive oil.

Oreo truffle's i made in ice cube trays
[+]
By zahrah 2011-04-10 13:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said:
ok, so i cook... a LOT. so here's some pics of food. 1st... Stage 1 of my sis-kebabs. I know it's redneck as hell, but my battalion chief wouldnt let it sit on the side of the road... so we skinned it at work. just kept the backstrap, that was it. final stage. Something i called a "Pork Bomb", which is a modified bacon explosion that consists of 12 pieces of thick cut bacon weaved into a square blanket, dusted with "grill mates" sweet n smokey pork seasoning (which is the same as the pork seasoning, with added brown sugar... if you want to save money, buy the reg pork seasoning and add brown sugar) THEN let a pack of jimmy dean sausage sit out for a bit until the fat loosens up so it's workable and patty it into a square on top of the bacon weave but leave one width of bacon in all directions, dust with more seasoning, THEN put a pork tederloin in there and roll it up. Preferrably smoke it in a smoker, or you can bake it for about an hour or until the center is 150 degrees. you CAN cool it to 165 like the pack says... but pork is SAFE at 141, but starts getting dry at around 160. so 150-155 is the best place to aim. Once it's done, slather it with some honey bbq sauce (sweet baby rays is BEAST!) then put back in the oven for like 5 mins so it can carmelize Num Num medium grilled bone-in ribeye, with baked potato and ceasar salad. The BEST way to make a steak, is to let it sit out and get to ROOM TEMP (70-75 degrees F) pat in a generous amt of FRESH ground black pepper, and kosher salt, then lightly rub with olive oil. Oreo truffle's i made in ice cube trays

Venison!!! YUM!
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-04-10 13:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zesty Italian dressing based creole rub I make for fried turkeys.

let fully thaw and rub generously inside and out AT LEAST 8 hours prior to frying. (i suggest 3 days of marination) once, rubbed, I get an unscented small trash bag, and use a vaccuum to suck the air out, and it makes the back press the marinade to the turkey for the 3 days, and stops the rub from drying out.
result

Margarita Lime Chicken I make with a couple shots of cuervo, lime juice, margarita mix, salt, pepper, and a simple salsa of tomato, onion, lime juice and cilantro

Chocolate cake!
HOMEMADE BATTER

HOMEMADE FROSTING!

finished
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-04-10 13:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did I click this thread?!

So hungry now...
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-04-10 14:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And lastly... alfredo recipe i made myself. I spent roughly 6 months perfecting it. I think i made it about 30-40 times getting it just right.

My crew at work called it "Epic Alfredo" for a reason. *** all these other recipies on this thread and dedicate your evening to this.

Sauce: 4 servings

-1 stick of butter
-half pint heavy whipping cream
-half can of that shitty walmart parmesian cheese (real parmesian sucks and dosent make a creamy sauce... trust me on this one..)
- half cup of FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER!!! NO PRE GROUND SHITTY MCCORMICK PEPPER
-1 bunch of cilantro
-4 garlic cloves
-KOSHER salt... not SHITTY iodized salt.

Chicken: 4

-1 pack of thick cut bacon
-4 large boneless skinless chickentits
-1 box of italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
-1 box of bird's eye chopped spinach, can sub broccoli or omit, but spinach in this is beast
-crumbled feta, or uncrumbled if you want to do it yourself... it's not hard

HOW TO MAKE IT:

-ok first thing you need to do is grind the pepper into a medium sauce pan, with the burner on medium.
-Let the heat release the essential oils in the pepper for about 45 seconds while keeping the pepper moving so it dosent burn. once it smells all woody and ***,
-add the butter.
-turn the heat down to medium low and let the butter melt and swallow up the pepper.
-Add the parmesian cheese and let it mix evenly with the butter and keep on low heat for about 2 minutes.
-once the butter/pepper/parm mixture has been all mixed and cooking together for 2 mins, add about 2 tablespoons of the heavy whipping cream, and whisk together. you'll start to see the butter seperate from the cheese, which is step 1 in the quest of achieving maximum creaminess.
-add another 2-4 tablespoons of cream, keep doing this until the butter has seperated from the cheese and it looks like a pot of melted butter and cottage cheese. then just pour in the rest of the cream and let simmer on LOW.
-MINCE the cilantro and add about 1/4 cup to the sauce and mix it in.
-DICE the garlic and toss it in.
-let it simmer and stir every couple of minutes so the cheese dosent stick to the bottom.
-Simmer for about 30 mins until thick and creamy.

THE CHICKENTITS!
preheat oven to 350
butterfly filet the chicken so you can stuff it with the feta/spinach.
-just mix the feta and spinach in a bowl together and set aside... i hope to god you thawed your spinach...
-lay 2 pieces of bacon down on your cutting board and put the filet'd chickentit on top of the bacon
-put a big spoon of the spinach/feta in the chicken, close it up and wrap the bacon around to keep it closed.
-completely cover with panko crumbs.
-place on baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes or until center is 155-165 degrees.

Then make noodles...
oh yeah... DONT rinse the noodles.. the starch, if left on will make the sauce stick to them :)

It's by FAR the best alfredo ever. it does not disapoint.
[+]
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-04-10 14:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Consumption goods funnies

Firefighter Batter recipe

1 can quaker INSTANT oats
4 cups ground maxwell coffee
about 10 scoops of whey protein
2 packages of brown sugar
1/2 of a 5lb bag of INSTANT grits
about 5 cups of flour
anything else you can find

Mix all together in a large bowl, trash bag, or in an empty 5 lb whey protein jug, and wait until the firefighter is in the shower.

pick door lock as needed

make sure your firefighter is wet and dump over the top of the shower curtain rod.

It'll need to marinate in this mixture for as long as possible to get as many blackmail photos as possible.

you may need to falsely imprison said firefighter to one location to achieve this.

Depending on the firefighter used, this may be a VERY short window, or you may want to just skip the photo op step altogether. It is highly recommended though.

Aftermath:

wash down with:
[+]
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-04-11 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

more... food...
 Cerberus.Liandaru
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-04-11 17:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I work, in order to have dinner on at a decent time, most of what I fix has to be quick and easy, or I'm not doing it. I'm talking mostly 1 pot meals. Here are a couple.

Chicken and Dumplings

Needed:

1 Rotisserie Chicken from the grocery store
3 cans chicken broth
1 can mixed veggies
1 pouch instant biscuit mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
salt, pepper, dried parsley, large pot

Get all the meat off the chicken and shred it up into the big pot. Add your chicken broth. Bring it to a boil, then add your veggies and soup. While that's getting hot again, mix together the biscuit mix according to the directions on the package, mix in a little parsley (doesn't really add a lot of flavor, but it looks good) I like to use the cheddar biscuit mix. If your pot is boiling, reduce heat to low, then drop the biscuit mix by teaspoons into your soup and cover. Check it occasionally, and when the biscuits on top look like they're done and your broth is to a thickness you're happy with, serve and enjoy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-11 17:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Washburn ..that brought back memories of squad pranks

also your food looks so yum@@