god if i can make one with Pixilate >_>;;;;;
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 13:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm making a bunch of Hidden Ability Eevees Chu~

I can give you one if you want, got to wait until they actually start coming out 5/6 IVs though. I don't get off of work for another 3 and a half hours!
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-10-25 13:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylveon can't really make use of pixilate though :x

Tbh neither can Gardevoir until December :x
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 13:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Swift, Hyper Beam (don't forget to charge your lasers yo!) and Nature Power (when in tournament) says otherwise. Nice little surprise when you come across somebody who disabled your Moonblast!

Or when you come across a Ghost and want to mess with them with a Hyper Beam lol
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-10-25 14:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I can give you one if you want, got to wait until they actually start coming out 5/6 IVs though. I don't get off of work for another 3 and a half hours!
i just care about the natures :) I think it was mild and modest, just dump some lame IV ones on meee yeee and ill trade you something D:
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2013-10-25 14:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what is does a 5/6 or 6/6 IV's mean?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2013-10-25 14:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I didn't realize that Pokemon X and Y were patchable. That kinda makes me nervous since it opens Pokemon up to DLC possibilities.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-10-25 14:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 new legendaries are a paid DLC D:
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2013-10-25 14:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »
inb4 new legendaries are a paid DLC D:

I'm more worried about something like "10 New Pokemon added to Kalos Pokedex $4.99! New Mega Evolution forms for your favorite Pokemon $1.99 each!"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 14:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »

i just care about the natures :) I think it was mild and modest, just dump some lame IV ones on meee yeee and ill trade you something D:
Sure thing, I'll look for some for ya

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
Top # = number of 31 IVs on a 'mon. 31 IV is the best amount you can get.

Bottom # = number of stats you can put IVs in.

5/6 means 5 out of the 6 stats (HP, Att, Def, Sp.Att, Sp.Def, Speed) have 31 IVs on them.

6/6 means all 6 stats are maxed out.

In case you are wondering, IVs are an additional stat that maxes out at level 100. Meaning if you have 31 IVs in HP, you have 31 more HP than a 'mon with 0 IV in HP, both of them @100.

HP isn't as important as the other stats though...

You should see Stat Calculation on Serebii.com
[+]
By Leoheart 2013-10-25 14:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »

IV means individual value, having an IV means that a particular stat will be always be at its highest value, constrained to level of course.
2 pokemon of the same nature, despite being 2 pikachus for example will have completely different stats based on their IVs, which is why you go through the breeding process to try and pass perfect IVs on to try and attain it for all of the pokemons stats.

This is the gist of it I think.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2013-10-25 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So the IV are kinda like merit points put into stats? If you have "31" but you are only level 10/100 you only get a % of the "31" applied?

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 14:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
So the IV are kinda like merit points put into stats? If you have "31" but you are only level 10/100 you only get a % of the "31" applied?
Correct.

There are 4 sets of stats. IVs, EVs, Natures, and Base Stats.

Base Stats are all static to the family. What one Charmander has, all Charmanders have. But Charmander and Squirtles have different Base Stats. So do Charmanders and Charizards.

Natures affect the stats by taking the Base Stat and multiplying by 10% up or down depending on the Nature. You can see what stats are affected by the shade of the words on the stat screen (Red being +10%, Blue being -10%). Neutral natures are those who affect the same stat twice (Att+10% and Att-10%), meaning that they net each other out. Remember, it is only effecting Base Stats, nothing more.

EVs (Effort Values) are determined by type of pokemon you fight or, in the case of X/Y, the Super Training you do. EVs work like this: You have 0/255 of each stat, but you can only put like 512 EVs all together, and you can only max 255 in a specific stat. 4 EVs in 1 stat = +1 stat @ 100. That means you can increase your total, level 100 stats by +63 (system rounds down, so you can't go higher than +63). Obviously this is the most important way to boost stats. This is the only way to change the stats of a Pokemon.

IVs (Individual Values) are determined by the actual capture or breeding of a Pokemon, and are set in stone after you first meet them. The max IV you can have on any stats is +31. But, you can have +31 on all stats. It used to be very rare, but now it just takes work to get +31 on all stats, due to breeding.

So, if you plan it right, you can add up +10% of a base stat of a Pokemon + and additional +94 on a specific stat. That can be a huge boost when fighting other players.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2013-10-25 14:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, Thank you for taking time to explain all that!
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-10-25 14:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 14:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG WE CAN HAVE HITMOLEES???
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-10-25 14:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG WE CAN HAVE HITMOLEES???
ima get one just to call it Lee Sin.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-10-25 16:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a tyroge o.o

Also I whouldnt mind paying for like a set of mega stones from the Eshop if they where cheap enough, or new backgrounds for the battle menu (have mine set to eevee ATM)

also. Even trying to work on a 3rd cute team and was going to make a perfect swirlix... But the Evo involves a trade with a BP item ><
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 16:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the BP item?
By Leoheart 2013-10-25 16:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
I want a tyroge o.o

Also I whouldnt mind paying for like a set of mega stones from the Eshop if they where cheap enough, or new backgrounds for the battle menu (have mine set to eevee ATM)

also. Even trying to work on a 3rd cute team and was going to make a perfect swirlix... But the Evo involves a trade with a BP item ><

Swilix's trade item can be found in game, Route 12, Cyllage City
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-10-25 16:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Whipped dream I think? Idk lol I gotta breed alot first (maybe try for a shiney)
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-10-25 16:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also... Just had some lady massage my Gardivoir hehe.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-25 16:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually hoping for good dlc. If completive battling isn't fun to people there isn't tons to do after e4
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-10-25 16:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Swift, Hyper Beam (don't forget to charge your lasers yo!) and Nature Power (when in tournament) says otherwise. Nice little surprise when you come across somebody who disabled your Moonblast!

Or when you come across a Ghost and want to mess with them with a Hyper Beam lol

Hyper beam is laughable, especially from something as slow as Sylveon (Especially considering moonblast does more damage over 2 turns anyway). If you don't KO your target (which you probably won't, because your opponent should switch in a Steel or their special wall) then they have now two free turns to set up and attempt to kill you. Do you really want to give Scizor a free turn to set up swords dance?

Wasting an extra slot for fear of disable is also a bad tactic, because most things that would want to carry disable (Gengar) will kill Sylveon outright if it stays in or die to Sylveon's coverage moves if Sylveon catches it on the switch.

Pixilate is worthless as an ability until December when Hyper Voice tutors get transferred over, as Hyper Voice goes through substitutes. Also, Hyper Voice is a spread move for doubles. So is Swift, but Swift is terrible.

Cute Charm is unreliable, but for the moment it is undeniably the superior ability for Sylveon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 16:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Whipped dream I think? Idk lol I gotta breed alot first (maybe try for a shiney)
I have 2 Whipped Dreams. I can give you one for free.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-25 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyper beam is laughable, especially from something as slow as Sylveon (Especially considering moonblast does more damage over 2 turns anyway). If you don't KO your target (which you probably won't, because your opponent should switch in a Steel or their special wall) then they have now two free turns to set up and attempt to kill you. Do you really want to give Scizor a free turn to set up swords dance?

Wasting an extra slot for fear of disable is also a bad tactic, because most things that would want to carry disable (Gengar) will kill Sylveon outright if it stays in or die to Sylveon's coverage moves if Sylveon catches it on the switch.

Pixilate is worthless as an ability until December when Hyper Voice tutors get transferred over, as Hyper Voice goes through substitutes. Also, Hyper Voice is a spread move for doubles. So is Swift, but Swift is terrible.

Cute Charm is unreliable, but for the moment it is undeniably the superior ability for Sylveon.
Welp, I'm not a tournament type of guy, so I'll take your word for it!
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-10-25 16:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-10-25 17:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 Whipped Dreams. I can give you one for free.
Just got one in a random house lol thx tho
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 224 225 226