Link | Quote | Reply

that waas the driftloon ya traded me btw
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-10-21 02:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the ditto :o That one I gave you has 27 IV in SPATK if I did the IV calculator right :x
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-10-21 02:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Thanks for the ditto :o That one I gave you has 27 IV in SPATK if I did the IV calculator right :x
Oh not bad :o Thanks
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-21 02:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, unable to obtain any Magmar on the GTS. If anyone ever get one for trade, I'm interested.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-10-21 02:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have friends with a person that has ditto in their friend safari?

Quote:
Thanks to Gen 6's new breeding mechanics, obtaining perfect Pokemon is now possible and doesn't even require a huge amount of work. As always, attaining total perfection is optional and is not really necessary in most cases, but it can be done and some people are going to want to do it.

First, you have some setup to do before you start breeding:

- You must have beaten the Elite 4. It's not even worth breeding until you have done so, as Friend Safari simplifies breeding insanely much.

- Find someone with Dittos in their Friend Safari and catch a lot of them. The goal here is to get one with every useful nature. They do not need to have their hidden ability.

- Once you have your dittos, take them to the IV checker in the Kiloude City pokemon center. Each of them will have (at least) 2 perfect IVs, and he'll tell you what they are by saying that they "can't be better". Nickname your dittos based on what perfect IVs they have. For example, you could call one "AtkDef" if Attack and Defense were their perfect IVs.

- You should also obtain all of the power items (Power Band, Power Anklet, etc) from the Battle Maison, the Everstone from an NPC in Geosenge Town, and the Destiny Knot from an NPC in Cyllage City

You are now ready to breed obscenely powerful pokemon:

- Get the pokemon you wish to use. If you want its hidden ability, you'll need to get one from the Friend Safari. Breed it with a Ditto of the right nature that holds the everstone. This guarantees the baby will have the right nature, but you are not guaranteed to get the hidden ability if you're breeding for it, so make sure you retain the hidden ability if you're after it. This also applies to all further steps when dealing with hidden abilities.

- Next, breed this pokemon with a Ditto that has a perfect IV that you wish to have, and give it the appropriate power item. Move the Everstone to the pokemon you just bred. The baby will now have a perfect value for that IV, as well as the right nature.

- Breed this new baby with a different ditto who has two different perfect IVs, holding a power item for one of its perfect IVs. Your baby should continue to hold the everstone. The goal here is to get a baby with 2 perfect IVs, which is about a 1 in 3 chance. Take all of your babies to the Kiloude city IV checker until one has 2 perfect IVs.

- Breed this new baby with yet another ditto who has two different perfect IVs. Between them, your pokemon should now have 4 perfect IVs, so give the ditto the item Destiny Knot. Your baby continues to hold the Everstone. At this point, your pokemon have a good chance of hatching with 3 perfect IVs.

- Once you get one with 3 perfect IVs, again make that baby the new parent and have it hold the everstone, and get another ditto with 2 different perfect IVs and give it Destiny Knot. Do the same when you get your first 4 perfect IV baby. The eventual goal here is to breed a baby of each gender with 5 perfect IVs and make them your parents.

- When you have both parents having 5 perfect IVs holding Everstone and the Destiny Knot, you have about a 1 in 200 chance that a hatched baby will have completely perfect IVs. Good luck.

- Don't throw away male babies with 5 perfect IVs. These can be used in place of dittos to breed with other pokemon in their egg groups, and you can use Destiny Knot right from the start to speed up this process dramatically.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-10-21 02:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***, noticed that cave is accessible in Pokemon Village, Mewtwo inside <___<
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-10-21 06:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to try out my team on people :) just need to finish max affection on a couple of them and I'm set.

Honestly, the most broken thing to ever happen to Pokemon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-21 07:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks to Gen 6's new breeding mechanics, obtaining perfect Pokemon is now possible and doesn't even require a huge amount of work. As always, attaining total perfection is optional and is not really necessary in most cases, but it can be done and some people are going to want to do it.

- You must have beaten the Elite 4. It's not even worth breeding until you have done so, as Friend Safari simplifies breeding insanely much.

- Find someone with Dittos in their Friend Safari and catch a lot of them. The goal here is to get one with every useful nature. They do not need to have their hidden ability.

- Once you have your dittos, take them to the IV checker in the Kiloude City pokemon center. Each of them will have (at least) 2 perfect IVs, and he'll tell you what they are by saying that they "can't be better". Nickname your dittos based on what perfect IVs they have. For example, you could call one "AtkDef" if Attack and Defense were their perfect IVs.

- You should also obtain all of the power items (Power Band, Power Anklet, etc) from the Battle Maison, the Everstone from an NPC in Geosenge Town, and the Destiny Knot from an NPC in Cyllage City

- Get the pokemon you wish to use. If you want its hidden ability, you'll need to get one from the Friend Safari. Breed it with a Ditto of the right nature that holds the everstone. This guarantees the baby will have the right nature, but you are not guaranteed to get the hidden ability if you're breeding for it, so make sure you retain the hidden ability if you're after it. This also applies to all further steps when dealing with hidden abilities.

- Next, breed this pokemon with a Ditto that has a perfect IV that you wish to have, and give it the appropriate power item. Move the Everstone to the pokemon you just bred. The baby will now have a perfect value for that IV, as well as the right nature.

- Breed this new baby with a different ditto who has two different perfect IVs, holding a power item for one of its perfect IVs. Your baby should continue to hold the everstone. The goal here is to get a baby with 2 perfect IVs, which is about a 1 in 3 chance. Take all of your babies to the Kiloude city IV checker until one has 2 perfect IVs.

- Breed this new baby with yet another ditto who has two different perfect IVs. Between them, your pokemon should now have 4 perfect IVs, so give the ditto the item Destiny Knot. Your baby continues to hold the Everstone. At this point, your pokemon have a good chance of hatching with 3 perfect IVs.

- Once you get one with 3 perfect IVs, again make that baby the new parent and have it hold the everstone, and get another ditto with 2 different perfect IVs and give it Destiny Knot. Do the same when you get your first 4 perfect IV baby. The eventual goal here is to breed a baby of each gender with 5 perfect IVs and make them your parents.

- When you have both parents having 5 perfect IVs holding Everstone and the Destiny Knot, you have about a 1 in 200 chance that a hatched baby will have completely perfect IVs. Good luck.

- Don't throw away male babies with 5 perfect IVs. These can be used in place of dittos to breed with other pokemon in their egg groups, and you can use Destiny Knot right from the start to speed up this process dramatically.
Or you could IV breed Dittos, get that 5 perfect IV Ditto and cut the time for making your perfect team down by 75-90%.

Also, I just checked my Friend Safari, only 2 Normal ones, both of which didn't have any Dittos ; ;
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-10-21 08:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Quote:

Or you could IV breed Dittos, get that 5 perfect IV Ditto and cut the time for making your perfect team down by 75-90%.

Also, I just checked my Friend Safari, only 2 Normal ones, both of which didn't have any Dittos ; ;

I was under the assumption that you couldn't BREED two dittos to get a ditto. :x
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2013-10-21 08:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

beat the E4 last night....

them feels
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-21 09:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Quote:

I was under the assumption that you couldn't BREED two dittos to get a ditto. :x
I don't see why not. How else are you going to get baby Dittos?

Quick, somebody try to breed Dittos! I'm at work for the next 9 hours, so I can't verify
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-10-21 09:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt the ending was cliche I didn't have any feels other than "great now 15 minutes of credits"
By Leoheart 2013-10-21 09:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said: »
I felt the ending was cliche I didn't have any feels other than "great now 15 minutes of credits"

The most feels I got were from pokemon origins with cubone and it's mother :<

The X/Y ending dragged on though ><
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2013-10-21 09:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill be honest, the last pokemon game I played was diamond. Even then I was in Hs and wasnt all into the IV and EV breeding.

So ive been doing some research and I keep reading that Ill need a lot of ditto. One page said ill need 80. The process seems pretty straight forward but I was wondering if I could get the run down on the basics of getting the right IV?

And do any of you peeps have a ditto safari? Im not sure what mine is. Huge shout out to Leoheart for the ivysaur!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-21 09:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be adding a whole lot of FCs when I get home tonight.

I checked my Friend Safari with the friends I have already, only had 2 Normal types. Go go Krizz for a Chancey lol.
By Leoheart 2013-10-21 09:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooooo Loki's Safari has lampents!
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-10-21 10:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dittos cannot be bred together. XD
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2013-10-21 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

:O A friend's safari gives me Chanseys!
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-10-21 11:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning!

Few things to post. People have been posting how the chateau is good for money so here is another option.

The 3 star restaurant in the huge city is great for it too! I believe it is 5 battle non-stop. Since there is no break your O powers will not run out till all the fights are over. So you can go in use the Money power and Exp Power with one of your guys holding an amulet coin and go though it while taking your time.

Also for Ditto safaris it seems like Ditto will always be the 3rd slot. If you guys want one I suggest checking gamefaqs. Sadly though a lot of people there are asking for a lot for them =/. Like Shinies or perfect IV pokemon but some times you can find one just asking for normal stuff.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-21 11:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Dittos cannot be bred together. XD
Well damn.
By fractalvoid 2013-10-21 11:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to try out my team on people :) just need to finish max affection on a couple of them and I'm set.

Wait, max affection works/is not barred for online battles?
By Leoheart 2013-10-21 11:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »

Wait, max affection works/is not barred for online battles?

Didn't work in Battle maison for me, either that or it's because I put my Greninja in the breeders :x

Edit: Nah I checked, probably doesn't work.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-10-21 12:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The affection bonus like being a focus sash and removing debuffs DOES NOT work online or in the Battle Institute/Mansion. Things like Return and Frustration on the other hand still work.
By fractalvoid 2013-10-21 12:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it doesn't work for online... It would be a little bit overpowered and take a lot of strategy/planning out of it; when ***starts shrugging off burn/para/etc, focus band-ing w/o focus band, etc.

Not working in battle maison thing is somewhat whack but at least that's them acknowledging it's overpowered lol

edit: ok see Ack's post now ; cool beans
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-10-21 12:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for those who are looking for things like Rare Candies and such. Remember to register at the Pokemon GL site.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

Most importantly this allows you to partake in Ranking battles and redeem Pokemiles. Pokemiles are like Frequent flier miles. The more you play the more you get. They can be used to get items like Rare Candies and PP Ups via the Pokemiles page on your profile after you register and sync. First time you sync it might take a bit for the Pokemiles to be registered. They are supposed to be adding mini-games you can play to unlock more items and such as well.

Also This shows the game is tracking so much of the stuff you do in it lol. There is a Timeline you can access once you finish registration and game syncing.

This is mine for an example. Haven't Synced since yesterday afternoon though.
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/D-574-5259-X/timeline
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-21 12:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
This is mine for an example. Haven't Synced since yesterday afternoon though.
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/D-574-5259-X/timeline
Good gravy. This tells the world everything you do on the game.

You laid an Egg
You laid another Egg
You laid a big Egg
You laid a brown egg
You caught an Egg
You picked your nose, and laid another Egg.

Geeze, that's a little tmi!
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-10-21 12:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

>.>

Well yea. Another thing I just found out when a players B-day comes up it shows up next to their character in the bottom screen. A little Cupcake with a candle shows floats in the bubble. You can tap the person and give them a Congrats too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-10-21 13:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
>.>

Well yea. Another thing I just found out when a players B-day comes up it shows up next to their character in the bottom screen. A little Cupcake with a candle shows floats in the bubble. You can tap the person and give them a Congrats too.

Also when you visit a Pokemon Center on your birthday confetti rains down from the ceiling and Happy Birthday!!!! Displays on the screen behind the nurse
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-10-21 13:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else been having trouble getting the male to pass down TMs when breeding? My Eevees know the exact same 4 moves, so theoretically the babies should be born with the same 4 moves, as follows: Return, Swift, Covet, Dig.. but all the babies are being born with: Tackle, Tail Whip, Swift, Covet. Thinking either my games messing with me, or Breeding got changed to disallow that :(
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-21 14:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the change to breeding moves has been that both parents need to know the move in order for it to be passed on. Unless it is an Egg move that is.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 224 225 226