users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokemon City
Pokemon City
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 224 225 226
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
By Magnus Wolfwood 2013-10-20 20:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using Capture Power 3lvl and I caught about 50 Pokemon without failing so far. O-Power is indeed useful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-10-20 21:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

FINALLY got Articuno to go to the Sea Spirit's Den and what do I do? I one shot it. Ugh lol here's try number 2. Maybe I'll use the capture power this time.

Took 10 Ultra Balls. And thank God for max Affection my Durpuff survived a icebeam with 1 HP because of it.
Server: Hyperion
By Magnus Wolfwood 2013-10-20 21:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend just told me that there is a trainer in the 3 star battle restaurant with Milotic. I'm gonna check it out now!
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-10-20 21:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally tackling the E4
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-10-20 21:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

still on victory road :o actually have some grinding to do, spread out the exp so i have a party of 6 that's all under leveled lol
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-10-20 21:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My Sylveon is 72 thanks to all dat boosted exp.
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2013-10-20 21:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just realized I spent the day training the wrong Aron :l not sure if I should start over or save up for the ability switch thingy.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 22:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you find O-powers, is it only from the pink guy that you can meet here and there, especially in pokémon centers?

I just checked and I don't have the one for money.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-10-20 22:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pokemon Centers and Hotels.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 22:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I have some hotels to visit then, thanks.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-20 22:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally beat the Champion, now starting on training my team for the tourny.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-20 22:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, when I say training, I really mean my brothel is open for business >:D
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-10-20 22:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

still havnt seen a shiney on X yet. usualy by now ive seen one lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-20 22:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

me neither ; ;

Anyone want Charmanders?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 22:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatched a dozen of Scyther, no shiny yet.

I've been using IV calculators but I don't understand anything about the results. Is anyone using calculators when judging IVs?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-20 22:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Better yet, anyone want to trade Charmanders so we can have different IDs on them (and increase the egg rate significantly)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-20 22:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

I've been using IV calculators but I don't understand anything about the results. Is anyone using calculators when judging IVs?
I use Characteristics to judge IVs, then go to the IV judge and try to get a "couldn't be better" one.

The ones I'm going for are:

Proud of it's power, likes to thrash about (Att)
Highly curious, Mischievous (Sp Att)
Likes to run, Alert to sounds (Speed)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 22:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Scyther with Proud of its power and Timid nature.

I remember talking to the IV judge but I can't remember in which city it was. I'll go look around, I remember him telling me this about my Blaziken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-10-20 22:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only used it a couple times, and it's pretty unreliable in the lower levels, I usually got them to 10~15 to get a "kind of" idea about if they'll have what I'm looking/not looking for.

I used the serebii one and it would give you a list of possible IV range because it can't pin point at a low level, though I'm not exactly sure what level it must be to get exact results!

(not a hard-core breeder, so not much experience with IV calculator)
http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

Also keep track of your EV's, though it's kind of a pain to do when you're leveling them up to 10-15 :( Hope I helped a little bit.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_effort_value_yield
^(It always helped me when I clicked on "Pokemon" tab to list them in alphabetical order to find what pokemon gave which EV)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 22:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to level them through exp share so that EVs aren't messed up (I believe that they don't get EVs if they don't fight, do they?).

I have literally never bred, I used to find pokémons and use them but I must admit that breeding is really fun.
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-10-20 22:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to level them through exp share so that EVs aren't messed up (I believe that they don't get EVs if they don't fight, do they?).

I have literally never bred, I used to find pokémons and use them but I must admit that breeding is really fun.

They do get EVs through Exp Share
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 22:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah. Would leveling them through the breeding house be a good alternative then? Like, leveling them to 20~, this should be fast.
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-10-20 23:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they aren't battling if you leave them in the Daycare, so that is sufficient.

Going through my Friend Safaris now. :3
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-10-20 23:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah. Would leveling them through the breeding house be a good alternative then? Like, leveling them to 20~, this should be fast.
I always hate that because the lady is like:
Oh, it knows this really nice egg move? Well.... OVERWRITE WITH SAND ATTACK
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-10-20 23:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bulbapedia has a great Natures and Characteristics page should look there.

The IV Calculator us fairly easy to use just put in your nature, characteristic, level, and stats then hit calculate. If it says encountered an error so-and-so stat should be this amount subtract the difference of what you have and what it should be.

My team is home to all IV31s as you saw pages back my Shuckle with perfect DEF. At 100 it will be at 614 which is redonkulous.

I also have a perfect Chandelure :) all those hours of breeding, EV training, petting and head butting yarn balls is paying off.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-10-20 23:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way is to find a friend and battle and it'll set your pokemon's level to 50. You can just check your stats through summary. Can do it with a fresh hatched egg so you know all EVs are 0. The guy in the pokemon center is only good for telling you if you have a perfect IV in a stat, and the characteristics only tell you the last digit of a stat, but it will narrow it down at least.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 23:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so:

Quote:
(The first statement) If the IV total is between 0 and 90: "This Pokémon's potential is decent all around." If the IV total is between 91 and 120: "This Pokémon's potential is above average overall." If the IV total is between 121 and 150: "This Pokémon has relatively superior potential overall." If the IV total is between 151 and 186: "This Pokémon has outstanding potential overall."

(The second statement) If the highest IV is between 0 and 15: "It's rather decent in that regard." If the highest IV is between 16 and 25: "It's very good in that regard." If the highest IV is between 26 and 30: "It's fantastic in that regard." If the highest IV is 31: "It can't be better in that regard."
Following this, my best Scyther so far has between 91 and 120 total IVs and his highest is between 26 and 30.

Will need more work it seems.

I see, I see. So training EVs for the parents is going to help having the selected IVs of good quality?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-10-20 23:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I get rid of everything without a perfect stat. A perfect stat you can chain breed down and eventually get 6/6 perfect IVs

I see, I see. So training EVs for the parents is going to help having the selected IVs of good quality?
EVs don't affect IVs at all when breeding. An egg without any items to force down a stat will have 3 stats from both parents inherited. The other three are randomly generated.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-20 23:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, so you mainly focus on obtaining perfect Dittos I guess, so that you can easily perfect IV anything. This is indeed lots of work.

I see. Gonna spend some time reading on how to force this down I guess.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-10-20 23:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

or just get 6 dittos. Force a nature by giving the pokemon you want an everstone if it has the nature you need. Give a ditto with a perfect IV a power item. you'll get an egg with 1/6 IV, breed the baby with everstone and a different ditto. good chance you'll get 2/6 that way. and once you have four perfect ivs between both parents, you'll want to have a destiny knot and everstone as held items. eventually you'll get male and female with 3+ perfect stats and you'll just replace a ditto with one and eventually you'll get four, replace one and eventually you'll get five, etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 224 225 226