Abyssea Era Ending?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Era Ending?
Abyssea Era Ending?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 14:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Walk of Echoes II was the other 4. At first, just the Crabs, Slimes and Antlions were open, and even available to be unlocked. At WoEII, Hydras, Khimaira, Cerberus and Yilbegan were "Available" but not unlocked (as per the battle requirements).
And wtf are those requirements. My server only has hydra

Honestly, I have no idea, we only had Hydra too last I checked, but have won Crabs+Antlions+Slime+Hydra dozens of times. It was supposedly just "Win x number of times" but unless that number is well over9000, I think there has to be something more to it (Maybe full clear?)
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Walk of Echoes II was the other 4. At first, just the Crabs, Slimes and Antlions were open, and even available to be unlocked. At WoEII, Hydras, Khimaira, Cerberus and Yilbegan were "Available" but not unlocked (as per the battle requirements).
And wtf are those requirements. My server only has hydra
Honestly, I have no idea, we only had Hydra too last I checked, but have won Crabs+Antlions+Slime+Hydra dozens of times. It was supposedly just "Win x number of times" but unless that number is well over9000, I think there has to be something more to it (Maybe full clear?)
Idk I've personally full cleared the first 3 a few times...

Maybe something silly like over 1k different characters win lol
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 14:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Herc said:
I liked a lot points stated in this forum but once again like in past forums some butthurt elitists come in herecand bad mouth players saying, "oh yea all these noobs and their mother rocking AF3+2" and to u asshats i say stop with your exaggerated ***. Idk bout your servers but on Ifrit but a noob from pre abyssea is still identifiable post abyssea... the 'scrubs' u so call them are lvl 90 rocking full perle/aurore/teal gear...or the occasional perle/twilight DD. 99/100 times a person rockin af3+2 are pretty good at their job and gives players who were just aa skilled as u elitists to gear the same way. These elitists making these noob comments are old HNM leaders and sackholders who sucked their *** to get epeen gear out the *** and then leave behind the other 5-8 pearl members that put in those horrible 5 6 7 am mornings camping fafnir and have ***to show for it besides a title or random BB item.. So with that in mInd my standpoint on abyssea is pretty obvious... Im sure these examples sound like im just bitching about past personal problems.. But im sure there are many that can relate
and now stand next to *** with equal gear they deserved just as much pre abyssea

Edit: sorry for the rant, but it needs to be said.

Bulls**t. Most ppl have af3+2 items. Most have basic "blue !!" items from older zones. So easy to get them. Never was a HNM leader or sack btw and I still complain about noobs having good gear. The only skill you need is how to shout for a group.
By Serj 2011-02-27 14:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Ifrit.Herc said:
I liked a lot points stated in this forum but once again like in past forums some butthurt elitists come in herecand bad mouth players saying, "oh yea all these noobs and their mother rocking AF3+2" and to u asshats i say stop with your exaggerated ***. Idk bout your servers but on Ifrit but a noob from pre abyssea is still identifiable post abyssea... the 'scrubs' u so call them are lvl 90 rocking full perle/aurore/teal gear...or the occasional perle/twilight DD. 99/100 times a person rockin af3+2 are pretty good at their job and gives players who were just aa skilled as u elitists to gear the same way. These elitists making these noob comments are old HNM leaders and sackholders who sucked their *** to get epeen gear out the *** and then leave behind the other 5-8 pearl members that put in those horrible 5 6 7 am mornings camping fafnir and have ***to show for it besides a title or random BB item.. So with that in mInd my standpoint on abyssea is pretty obvious... Im sure these examples sound like im just bitching about past personal problems.. But im sure there are many that can relate
and now stand next to *** with equal gear they deserved just as much pre abyssea

Edit: sorry for the rant, but it needs to be said.

Bulls**t. Most ppl have af3+2 items. Most have basic "blue !!" items from older zones. So easy to get them. Never was a HNM leader or sack btw and I still complain about noobs having good gear. The only skill you need is how to shout for a group.

I was helping a friend with CoP earlier and the other people in the party were all lvl 90 on their main jobs. The pld was rocking full NQ creed, perle bst, and aurore blu.

And that's not the minority. SO MANY PEOPLE WEAR NQ GEAR AND VISIONS ARMOR. The only noobs that have good gear are in linkshells that give it to them.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
I barely have any and half of it was solod
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 15:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thania said:
i'd like S-E tell us they will release a new expansion pack

as we can see on this map there are a lot of areas we havent visited yet...
i'll be very happy to visit Tenzen's home land and continue the Last verse main story
id'like to see an extent on all end game contents : salvage II, new dynamis, einherjar etc

S-E has to recreate life in all the areas of the games : old vanadiel / aht urgan and past
i think lvl 30 to 75 people should not gain xp in abyssea but that's another problem ...

in my opinion SE should continue to let us obtain good gears in abyssea in the purpose to use them wisely in the "real word"

a good system would be to be able to use atma outside but only 1 time !!!
lets say you use voracious violet outside you loose the atma and have to refarm it in abyssea

ps : by the way havent you noticed atma are in the temporay item menu ?
That's not an SE map. That's a fan made map.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 15:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That map also doesn't show spatial displacements for copypasta dimensional time rifts. lern2science.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 15:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Abyssea did make the battles of FFXI easier in a way, but not in the way you might expect.

Pre-Abyssea in stagnant FFXI, people felt no need to change their inefficient fighting methods since they'd always have bodies to throw at an NM. However, with Abyssea came a change in paradigm - suddenly lowmanning was very possible and rewarded, so people adapted their strategies. They found that PLD wasn't this essential MUST HAVE job to tank something (most people were realising this towards the end of stagnant FFXI anyway) and the potential of DD jobs as tanks. Atma etc just made these strategies more accessible.

The game didn't really get much easier - people just got better and are using better strategies.

Again with your BS. You realize most people were already low manning in pre abyssea ffxi? You realize most people had used war or sam tanks in pre abyssea ffxi? It was already known PLD was a ***tank unless unengaged in which case RDM was normally better. So for fights like JOL mainly. The game is easier, and in the way everyone thinks... its easier.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 15:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Thania said:
i'd like S-E tell us they will release a new expansion pack

as we can see on this map there are a lot of areas we havent visited yet...
i'll be very happy to visit Tenzen's home land and continue the Last verse main story
id'like to see an extent on all end game contents : salvage II, new dynamis, einherjar etc

S-E has to recreate life in all the areas of the games : old vanadiel / aht urgan and past
i think lvl 30 to 75 people should not gain xp in abyssea but that's another problem ...

in my opinion SE should continue to let us obtain good gears in abyssea in the purpose to use them wisely in the "real word"

a good system would be to be able to use atma outside but only 1 time !!!
lets say you use voracious violet outside you loose the atma and have to refarm it in abyssea

ps : by the way havent you noticed atma are in the temporay item menu ?
That's not an SE map. That's a fan made map.

Those areas are still in the game lore etc. I would love to see a far east expansion with nothing but end game related content everywhere, even the various mobs that spawn would be hard to take down. There's enough lowbie content anyway.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Aerolite
Server: Phoenix
user: Daily
By Phoenix.Aerolite 2011-02-27 15:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes me sad to think that we probably won't get any new zones that aren't copypasta, but really I don't think most of us were expecting any in the first place.

WotG was kind of the first sign that SE wasn't going to put much more effort in that direction. The mini-expansions just continue to prove that idea.
 Asura.Shikabane
Server: Asura
user: Zikane
By Asura.Shikabane 2011-02-27 15:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd really like to see proof of PLD being such a bad tank PreAby. Aside from salvage and similar events... PLD was beast.

I mean, Nin tanks on Ixion were amazing...

oh wait
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 15:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I think if they see a lot of people are clamoring for a new full blown expansion they would think something. I mean they obviously look at the community sites as noted by the twitter page. The only limiting factor for them or cop-out would be the ps2 limitations! They just need to get rid of ps2 support obviously.
 Phoenix.Aerolite
Server: Phoenix
user: Daily
By Phoenix.Aerolite 2011-02-27 15:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I dunno, I think if they see a lot of people are clamoring for a new full blown expansion they would think something. I mean they obviously look at the community sites as noted by the twitter page. The only limiting factor for them or cop-out would be the ps2 limitations! They just need to get rid of ps2 support obviously.
This. Getting rid of PS2 support would allow them to do so much more with the game.

I don't think they could do a complete expansion even if they wanted to, due to PS2. I mean, they didn't even make a PS2 version of the Ultimate collection.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-27 15:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with dropping PS2 support is they will make LESS money for doing MORE work.

If we've learned anything from SE after the companies merged, all they're interested in is the money part.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 15:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They could just make it ps3 support like ffxiv was to be soon. I am sure a lot of those who own a ps2 own a ps3.
By Serj 2011-02-27 15:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Abyssea did make the battles of FFXI easier in a way, but not in the way you might expect.

Pre-Abyssea in stagnant FFXI, people felt no need to change their inefficient fighting methods since they'd always have bodies to throw at an NM. However, with Abyssea came a change in paradigm - suddenly lowmanning was very possible and rewarded, so people adapted their strategies. They found that PLD wasn't this essential MUST HAVE job to tank something (most people were realising this towards the end of stagnant FFXI anyway) and the potential of DD jobs as tanks. Atma etc just made these strategies more accessible.

The game didn't really get much easier - people just got better and are using better strategies.

Again with your BS. You realize most people were already low manning in pre abyssea ffxi? You realize most people had used war or sam tanks in pre abyssea ffxi? It was already known PLD was a ***tank unless unengaged in which case RDM was normally better. So for fights like JOL mainly. The game is easier, and in the way everyone thinks... its easier.

This makes me really sad to hear this from a blu ;_;
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
They could just make it ps3 support like ffxiv was to be soon. I am sure a lot of those who own a ps2 own a ps3.
I own a ps2 and not a ps3
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 15:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Meant only real use for pld was as unenganged tank, so for fights like JOL. Didn't say rdm was the best for those fights just that they were better, as was DRK or BLU pretty much lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 15:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I own a ps2 and not a ps3

You are in the minority.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 16:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A majority of players who are even on ps2 in the first place are JP.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 16:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Do you have data to back this up? Or are you just assuming?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 16:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

All my friends that own a ps2 have a ps3!!!
By Serj 2011-02-27 16:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Meant only real use for pld was as unenganged tank, so for fights like JOL. Didn't say rdm was the best for those fights just that they were better, as was DRK or BLU pretty much lol.

Pretty sure blu is the dominating king for unengaged tanking. By a really, really long shot.

Which means, there was never any real use for a pld tank.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-27 16:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
[+]
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-27 16:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shikabane said:
I'd really like to see proof of PLD being such a bad tank PreAby. Aside from salvage and similar events... PLD was beast.

I mean, Nin tanks on Ixion were amazing...

oh wait

Prove what? That other jobs negated damage (Drk+Rdm), held hate (Drk+Rdm+Sam), or were overall more efficient for kills(Drk+Sam) than Pld? Basic game mechanics already prove that.

Both Sam and Rdm out tanked Pld on Ixion. Pld wasn't a beast on anything, it was an easy to play/cheap to gear alternative to using a better tank.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 16:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

At 75? It depends really... They didn't have a good haste like animating wail or self refresh but if those were around they did make out better than RDM. Cocoon for unexpected 2hr+ summon, saline coat/amplification and various other things were also nice.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 16:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Do you have data to back this up? Or are you just assuming?
I beleive SE has done surveys they put out. And yeah most non jp players own both by now but a very large portion of the jp player base doesn't. Guess who wins?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 16:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12