My Little Pony General
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 38 39 40
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-06 04:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Abygail said:
I guess the characters are semi-cute but in all honesty I'd much rather watch a mature, adult-oriented show like South Park.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-04-06 04:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go out of your way to make a sock, make it less obvious, amirite?
[+]
 Unicorn.Sats
Server: Unicorn
user: Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2011-04-06 14:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-06 16:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Abygail said:
I guess the characters are semi-cute but in all honesty I'd much rather watch a mature, adult-oriented show like South Park.

Bolded in no way belongs in the same sentence ever...

Edit: Same thread really.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-04-06 16:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said this before and will say this again.
Swear words =/= mature, otherwise 8-year old kids are *** mature.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-06 16:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

South Park is a good show.

It's immature too, but it's still funny. Most people just hate it to be hip.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-04-06 16:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

>Adults watching kids shows without children present.

Pedophile in the making.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-04-06 16:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy South Park... but it is in no way a mature show. If say you brought up some anime like Cowboy Bebop, I'd be more likely to understand where you're coming from...

Also sockly sock is a sock.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-04-06 16:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

South Park is a show meant for adults, its humour may be juvenile at times but at other times there are things that only adults would truly understand.

My Little Pony is child oriented making it automatically less mature than any other show no matter how you view it. The fact that this is a 16 page thread filled with grown adults praising the show, it makes me wonder the maturity level of all of you.

Theres a difference between being able to stand a show (like most adults sticking around for Barney because of their child) and actually taking the time to sit down and watch it with no child present, the latter is what worries me.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-06 16:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say much lol, I downloaded all of Yu-Gi-Oh! and I'm currently enjoying the ***out of it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-04-06 16:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm not gonna lie <.< that ***screams "HATERZ GUNNA HATE"
inb4
 Asura.Miyara
Server: Asura
By Asura.Miyara 2011-04-06 16:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
South Park is a show meant for adults, its humour may be juvenile at times but at other times there are things that only adults would truly understand.

My Little Pony is child oriented making it automatically less mature than any other show no matter how you view it. The fact that this is a 16 page thread filled with grown adults praising the show, it makes me wonder the maturity level of all of you.

Theres a difference between being able to stand a show (like most adults sticking around for Barney because of their child) and actually taking the time to sit down and watch it with no child present, the latter is what worries me.

Says the guy rocking the Pokemon avatar.

Really don't see much difference between people who watch this and those who watch most of the Shounen Jump anime shows aimed at pre-teens. Or Adults who like to see the latest Disney/Pixar films.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-06 16:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
inb4

[+]
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-04-06 16:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so after putting it off I finally decided to try and watch this and the video that was on page 1 is gone now! Can anyone link me up with a site to watch them?
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-04-06 16:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Miyara said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:

Says the guy rocking the Pokemon avatar.

Really don't see much difference between people who watch this and those who watch most of the Shounen Jump anime shows aimed at pre-teens. Or Adults who like to see the latest Disney/Pixar films.
Implying my avatar means I watch it now. I have it because I found it humorous.

I watched pokemon when I was like 10, I don't watch it anymore but I do occasionally play the games.

If you can't see the difference between an anime that isn't mean for children and something more mature, then you're one of those people that hasn't grown up yet and still sits down to watch saturday morning cartoons.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-04-06 17:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh.
I don't even watch TV shows, the only that I watch atm is:

haters gunna hate.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-04-06 17:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ravant said:
ok so after putting it off I finally decided to try and watch this and the video that was on page 1 is gone now! Can anyone link me up with a site to watch them?

Ponies Here

I updated the OP too~
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-06 17:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:

4/10, for just mentioning South Park. Target audience are adults, yet 13 year olds are the only ones that actually find it mature.

I can't say I'm a fan of MLP (thanks for ruining /co/) but I think a child's cartoon that can appeal to all audiences without being completely condescending towards kids is worthy of at least some praise.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-04-06 17:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:

Look at it this way.
South Park is like a comedic escapism. Adult oriented with shock value but saturated with immature humor.
MLP isn't much different other than it is genuinely tasteful and has significant character development, animation, easy-to-grasp and follow storyline with humor that can easily be molded into interpretation and imagination; hence all the memes.

South park has the tact of a rock when it comes to appeal and humor. Blunt and insignificant. MLP may be for children, but it's the adult mind that squeezes the best of inner substance that flies over children's heads.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-04-06 17:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-04-06 17:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

also, if I wanted to watch something targetted for adultsall audiences, I'd watch some comedy shows like
 Asura.Miyara
By Asura.Miyara 2011-04-06 17:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Implying my avatar means I watch it now. I have it because I found it humorous.

I watched pokemon when I was like 10, I don't watch it anymore but I do occasionally play the games.

If you can't see the difference between an anime that isn't mean for children and something more mature, then you're one of those people that hasn't grown up yet and still sits down to watch saturday morning cartoons.

I never brought up anime animed at adults. I brought up most shounen jump anime, which usually IS aimed at a pre-teen market. Yet there are a ton of adults who enjoy it.

My point is that there are plenty of things targeted at children that adults can enjoy. Again, Disney movies, or most animated films, not even Disney specifically.
By Artemicion 2011-04-06 17:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because it has a target audience, doesn't mean it has to be the only audience.
Granted, this only works best with things aimed for a younger audience as you can't really have something thematic and genuinely mature made to appeal to a younger crowd. But you can always have your appeal go backwards in age if that is what strikes your interest.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-06 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the first three episodes just out of shits and giggles. I didn't find it entertaining.
 Unicorn.Sats
Server: Unicorn
user: Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2011-04-06 17:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I watched the first three episodes just out of shits and giggles. I didn't find it entertaining.

but at least you tried it out and didn't just write it off like some narrow-minded people that have been on here that just instantly bash it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-06 17:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have to eat a dozen horseradish and dog crap sandwiches to know you don't like them.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-06 17:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
inb4

[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-06 17:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Don't have to eat a dozen horseradish and dog crap sandwiches to know you don't like them.

Difference is that one is a cartoon that's generally praised, the other being made up food that would likely to be universally disliked.

That said, I can't help but feel that there ARE some people who watch MLP for the sake of being quirky.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 38 39 40