Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 2399 2400 2401 ... 22711 22712 22713
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-09-27 21:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said: »
Aly Saxena said: »
You can die from a Staph infection

way for being positive of her child....

don't say things like that to a worried mother

No, Zahrah didn't realize the seriousness of a staph infection.
I was trying to inform.
[/spoiler]

But seeing as though college campuses usually recommend that people are vaccinated here because the likelihood of staph infections spreading in dorms, I do realize the gravity, but did not want to blurt out something as insensitive as you did. :)
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-09-27 21:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wtf Denny's has a Mac-n-cheese sandwich <,<
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-27 21:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I was trying to inform.
[/spoiler]

But seeing as though college campuses usually recommend that people are vaccinated here. I do realize the gravity, but did not want to blurt out something as insensitive as you did. :)

It's the truth though. There's no point sugar coating it.

Better to be fully informed and sort it out asap.
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-09-27 21:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You vaccinate for bacterial meningitis, not a staph infections.

My reply was to you Zahrah asking of the seriousness, nothing to do with Slips child.
VIP
By alyria 2011-09-27 21:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »

I was trying to inform.
[/spoiler]

But seeing as though college campuses usually recommend that people are vaccinated here. I do realize the gravity, but did not want to blurt out something as insensitive as you did. :)

No.

When a mother is looking to talk and worried of her child, you don't blurt out death. Last thing she needs is to worry of that cause of the dumb doctors she is dealing with. Learn to "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all."
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-27 21:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<;
VIP
By alyria 2011-09-27 21:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »

I haven't heard that here yet lol I knew they had bacon ice cream but not a mac and chz sandwich
 Valefor.Annikahansen
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-09-27 21:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't heard that here yet lol I knew they had bacon ice cream but not a mac and chz sandwich
sonic at one point had mac and cheese nugget looking things that were fried....tasted icky
VIP
By alyria 2011-09-27 21:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My reply was to you Zahrah asking of the seriousness, nothing to do with Slips child.

wrong

link
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-09-27 21:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Annikahansen said: »

sonic at one point had mac and cheese nugget looking things that were fried....tasted icky
Del Taco has that, I haven't tried it. Too scared, lol.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-27 21:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »

I was trying to inform.
[/spoiler]

No.

When a mother is looking to talk and worried of her child, you don't blurt out death. Last thing she needs is to worry of that cause of the dumb doctors she is dealing with. Learn to "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all."

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

Doctors can't just lie or sugar coat serious conditions. Take it from someone with first hand experience on the matter.

If all the doctors followed the "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." line of thought then there would be far more people with serious illnesses walking around unchecked.

"What's this lump?" "Oh don't worry it's probably just a cyst or something"

People should be blunt when it comes to health, and the information is out there on the internet regardless.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-09-27 21:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong

link

LOL! I was just about to post that.
VIP
By alyria 2011-09-27 21:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

weird. here at the rennaisance festival they have mac and chz on a stick, havent tried it either lol
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-09-27 21:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

"oh~~~ the night is young now baby we can shoot a russian unicorn,
we'll probably do it on the couch while my roomies out hiking~,
so take it off and bite your tongue- oh, oh-, oh-,
and hope my roomate dont come home, home~"
 Valefor.Annikahansen
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-09-27 21:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

why must people bastardize mac and cheese so much? its very sad. and why do all the "rednecks" feel the need to deep fry everything. blegh.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-27 21:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong

link
I believe it was in response to the use of vaccines in college campuses, not saying there isn't a vaccine in general.

When I started up college last year there was no mention of needing a staph vaccine, only bacterial meningitis. Not to mention that article was pulled from 2002, staph is a very rapidly mutating disease, and it's becoming harder and harder to create vaccines for and to treat with antibiotics.

I'd say don't overreact to someone's response, he was just reciting the facts in response to someone's inquiry. I'd much rather be aware of the risks of a disease than be left in the dark, and although it may be unsettling, it is for due cause that one might raise such alarms about such an important aspect of their lives.

tl;dr slow you roll a lil bit yo
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-09-27 21:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh, this song is making me wish i still had access to reason :<
VIP
By alyria 2011-09-27 21:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

why must people bastardize mac and cheese so much? its very sad. and why do all the "rednecks" feel the need to deep fry everything. blegh.

there is deep fried twinkies, snickers, pb&j, oreos, and some other things at the festival. even chocolate covered bacon... I see ppl get the stuff and i can't believe they will pay 6 bux for choc covered bacon (2 slices)
VIP
By alyria 2011-09-27 21:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »

wrong

link
I believe it was in response to the use of vaccines in college campuses, not saying there isn't a vaccine in general.

When I started up college last year there was no mention of needing a staph vaccine, only bacterial meningitis. Not to mention that article was pulled from 2002, staph is a very rapidly mutating disease, and it's becoming harder and harder to create vaccines for and to treat with antibiotics.

I'd say don't overreact to someone's response, he was just reciting the facts in response to someone's inquiry. I'd much rather be aware of the risks of a disease than be left in the dark, and although it may be unsettling, it is for due cause that one might raise such alarms about such an important aspect of their lives.

Yea but she said in her area they do it, so even if it is 2002, they still giving the vaccine
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-27 21:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong

link

Yea but she said in her area they do it, so even if it is 2002, they still giving the vaccine
Vaccines aren't going to do much good if you vaccinate for "Staph infection XP" or "Staph infection Vista" if they're rolling out with "Staph infection 8"
 Valefor.Annikahansen
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-09-27 21:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

there is deep fried twinkies, snickers, pb&j, oreos, and some other things at the festival. even chocolate covered bacon... I see ppl get the stuff and i can't believe they will pay 6 bux for choc covered bacon (2 slices)
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*that is all*
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-09-27 21:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong

link

To be fair, I graduated in 2008, so the bacterial meningitis was the only thing recommended to me when I entered in 2003.

/shrug
 Valefor.Annikahansen
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-09-27 21:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaccines aren't going to do much good if you vaccinate for "Staph infection XP" or "Staph infection Vista" if they're rolling out with "Staph infection 8"
ok...as the person who kinda caused this debate...i must say that this made me smile LOL.
VIP
By alyria 2011-09-27 21:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya its gross but ppl buy it. I won't i'm already sick of the bacon smell there
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-09-27 21:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad that stuff isn't sold here >_>
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-09-27 21:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also @Iro >_> Had kebab yesterday
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-09-27 21:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

lol,

btw did you get that video i sent you?
 Valefor.Annikahansen
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-09-27 21:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hubby says i'mma hypochondriac, but w/all my sons itchies...i unno if i've gotten what he has, or if it's all in my head, but i feel the need to scratch every inch of my body ><

time to watch some mindless boring stuff online and try to get some sleep. gadda try to hunt a new doctor tomorrow and if i can get one, change his primary care provider. if not...i'mma call and complain at the doctor he saw yesterday, or harass the hospital into seeing him again and yknow...doing something about it.

thank you all for being helpful. ^_^ *hugs the AH*
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-09-27 22:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

lol,

btw did you get that video i sent you?

I'm pretty sure I didn't
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-27 22:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

hubby says i'mma hypochondriac, but w/all my sons itchies...i unno if i've gotten what he has, or if it's all in my head, but i feel the need to scratch every inch of my body ><

time to watch some mindless boring stuff online and try to get some sleep. gadda try to hunt a new doctor tomorrow and if i can get one, change his primary care provider. if not...i'mma call and complain at the doctor he saw yesterday, or harass the hospital into seeing him again and yknow...doing something about it.

thank you all for being helpful. ^_^ *hugs the AH*

NP all the best to your son :)

It's always better to be upfront, because you can deal with it sooner then.

Night :)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 2399 2400 2401 ... 22711 22712 22713