Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22231 22232 22233 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-06 19:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well ***it was 5.06 at noon but hell 5.29 just 7 hours later

More money IN the gas tank than the car is worth! Sell it for the price of the full tank of gas lol.

Also... that Morbius re-release is actually hilarious
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-06-06 23:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

zZzZ I need Friday to be here sooner for a new episode of The Boys :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-06-07 00:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I saw regular gas for $5.06 today. Sad bois time.

Bout to retire the big *** suv and get some hampster powered sedan lol
When I drove across the continent in 2018, South Dakota was 1.81/gallon and Cali/Nevada border was 5.00

I switched to a 40 mpg basic *** last week over my forced awd Subaru suv, miss the features lol
By Musashi232 2022-06-07 09:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-07 15:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump

Good evening
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-07 16:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Netflix cast a BROWN GIRL as Wednesday Addams. The whitest white girl I can think of in film. *Seething internet rage*
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-07 16:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Netflix cast a BROWN GIRL as Wednesday Adams. The whitest white girl I can think of in film. *Seething internet rage*

Don't worry, they're casting Jon Voight as Barack Obama in a BioPic on AMC next year.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-07 17:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The internet is going to flip the *** out. Mexican Addams family.

Quote:
Joining Jenna Ortega, who takes on the title role, are Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzmán in the Tim Burton-directed comedy series.

Catherine is set to guest star on the Addams family series as Morticia Addams, Wednesday’s mother, and Luis has been cast to guest star as Gomez Addams, her father.

Guzman is a fantastic pick for Gomez, little lackluater on Zeta-Jones Morticia (thank *** Christ it's not Sophia Vergara though)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-07 17:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I know about that Wednesday show is that they're showing something off on a Thursday and it feels like a massive missed opportunity.

Also,

[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-07 17:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

AVG: LOOK! I saved your *** by deleting this insane hack

Game: Launcher.exe not found!

ow, seriously...

Edit: 30 minutes of my already limited gameplay wasted figuring how to solve this….
By Pantafernando 2022-06-07 18:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I learned the mnemonic for binary tree traversal.

That mnemonic is so damn awesome. Im not sure why none told me about that before.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-07 21:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something but I really don't see why leasing a car makes sense.

You pay like, 7 grand to borrow a car for 3 years. And then you give it back and have nothing to show for it. Plus you pay higher insurance.

Or you buy the car, and you actually gain an asset. and while it won't retain much value, it's more than zero.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-07 22:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something but I really don't see why leasing a car makes sense.

You pay like, 7 grand to borrow a car for 3 years. And then you give it back and have nothing to show for it. Plus you pay higher insurance.

Or you buy the car, and you actually gain an asset. and while it won't retain much value, it's more than zero.
I think the idea is that you're basically getting constant upgrades. Like a middle-class way of feeling upper-class. The lease is less than the value lost between buying new and selling or trading in the car. That way you're pretty much always getting a cutting-edge model without anyone else's farts in the seats. And overall it's not really that much more than buying new every ~9 years or whatever.
By Pantafernando 2022-06-08 02:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There is this similar concept in IT: why should i hire a virtual machine server in the cloud instead buying the physical jink and place it in at my office?

The answer is called abstraction and delegation, that is the concept of dividing a problem in many layers and just personally taking care of the layer that actually interest.

For example, buying a car would come with the usage layer (driving), maintenance, security, administration (taxes and documents).

It makes sense people only caring with using the car and leaving to others with deal with the “boring” work. Or even go to the full delegation including the usage and just grab a uber or taxi.

Its all a circunstancial decision, that just will make sense to the people taking it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-06-08 03:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The internet is going to flip the *** out. Mexican Addams family.

Quote:
Joining Jenna Ortega, who takes on the title role, are Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzmán in the Tim Burton-directed comedy series.

Catherine is set to guest star on the Addams family series as Morticia Addams, Wednesday’s mother, and Luis has been cast to guest star as Gomez Addams, her father.

Guzman is a fantastic pick for Gomez, little lackluater on Zeta-Jones Morticia (thank *** Christ it's not Sophia Vergara though)

Meh, people will freak out over anything, but it's actually completely in line with Addams lore. Gomez is Spanish, and Spaniards tend to have a fair amount of genetic diversity as far as skin tone is concerned.

My opinion is that the casting should at least make sense for a genetic family. The kids are light-skinned Latinos, which would make sense if they had Zeta-Jones and Guzman as parents. Even the early comics were not consistent with Wednesday's skin tone, as some showed her to be super pale like Morticia while others had her more naturally toned.

That being said, I have a hard time seeing Luis Guzman and Gomez Addams. His facial features just don't register.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-08 08:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gas prices what are you doing? Gas prices plz stop!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-08 09:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The new single most funny capitalist thing I've seen.

This set of office chairs has two arms.... they are marked L for left.

And Ldot for not left.

So *** cheap they signify right by marking it left, but not. Instead of buying an R stamp.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-08 09:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there's the deprecation bit.

The biggest hit in a new car's value is the moment a buyer or lease holder signs the papers.

The sensible way to buy is a this year's or last years fleet or rental car. Someone else takes that 20% hit in value.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-08 09:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The new single most funny capitalist thing I've seen.

This set of office chairs has two arms.... they are marked L for left.

And Ldot for not left.

So *** cheap they signify right by marking it left, but not. Instead of buying an R stamp.

If I ever have kids, I will teach them Ldot from left.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-06-08 09:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This week was filler week for Kenobi, very meh episode.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-08 10:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That weird moment when I'm looking at grandmas with swords on the internet. Yeah, that had to eventually happen because this is the worst possible timeline. I blame my friend on social media that is crazier than me because there is no way I am looking up grannies with swords.

Oh no. That is probably a thing.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-08 11:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask her to yell: “GRIFFITH!!!”
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-08 15:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

So the thing about Kenobi, is it's all filler. That's kind of the issue with any prequel. We already know the outcome, the survivers, the goingson.

It's literally filling in the gaps in the main story.
(Unless they retcon)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-08 15:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw their roadmap of like a dozen upcoming series between now and 2023. Star Wars is going to become as saturated as the MCU in no time.

Why don't they space these things out a bit more? Let people crave it, let people get excited.

Like, I get it: more money right now. But then people are going to get burned out and/or they're going to run out of ideas. Does any corporation think beyond the current financial quarter anymore?
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-08 15:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So the thing about Kenobi, is it's all filler. That's kind of the issue with any prequel. We already know the outcome, the survivers, the goingson.

(Unless they retcon)
S-so... real life is just filler? *slumps over*
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-08 15:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I saw their roadmap of like a dozen upcoming series between now and 2023. Star Wars is going to become as saturated as the MCU in no time.

Why don't they space these things out a bit more? Let people crave it, let people get excited.

Like, I get it: more money right now. But then people are going to get burned out and/or they're going to run out of ideas. Does any corporation think beyond the current financial quarter anymore?

I think the "mainstream" networks starting to launch their own streaming platforms has a lot to do with this. When it was 3 or 4 major streaming services, you could wait and build tension. And Netflix, Amazon, and Disney+ definitely were in charge of things (others receiving votes definitely includes HBO for quality, but I doubt they have the numbers of those other 3). Now the competition for eyes is too great, and the customer has the flexibility to drop a service and restart it whenever they want vs the prior world of 2 year cable contracts and captive consumers. If there's not something to "keep" me subscribed, I'll just drop it for a few months til there is.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-08 15:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

(Unless they retcon)
S-so... real life is just filler? *slumps over*

Ugh, bro, life is absolutely filler. Same ***. Every. single. day. Until you get lucky enough to die.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-06-08 17:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

(Unless they retcon)

Yeah, we knew that going in. It is a very tight window that they have to work with. They have to tell an interesting enough story that doesn't retcon A New Hope OR Rebels. And, regardless of how it ends, the writers are going to be asking the fanbase to just go with it. Enjoy it for what it is, and don't ask questions.

Obviously, a lot of the characters have plot armor, which takes away suspense. And the ones that don't have plot armor, well, we can guess their fate. I don't think this show is going to age well, honestly.

Also, Kenobi is going to apparently age terribly on Tattooine, turning into Alec Guiness in just eight years.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-06-09 07:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

constant exposure to sunlight does horrendous things to the skin
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22231 22232 22233 ... 22712 22713 22714