Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22008 22009 22010 ... 22715 22716 22717
By Viciouss 2021-11-19 14:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just watched the first episode of Cowboy bebop live action...fairly terrible. Vicious is horribly cast, Spike is too old, and they have already thrown the core themes of the anime out the window. So, not looking good.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-19 15:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 17:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
I never use the yellow bags. The white ones from Safeway or the grey ones from Walmart usually.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-19 19:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dehydrated/Hydrated.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-19 21:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh..

Stormblood beat! Hien and Zenos were the best parts of it. Still hate Lyse. I can't wait for Shadowbringers \o/

Hien's pretty legit. The other nation leaders have their moments, but I feel like he's one of the only ones who is consistently competent.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 22:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Dehydrated/Hydrated.
Maybe that's why I don't like the yellow. I drink like 16 litres of water a day (that's ~4 gallons for y'all 'Murricans), so the colour clashes with what I'm used to :P
By Draylo 2021-11-19 22:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh..

Stormblood beat! Hien and Zenos were the best parts of it. Still hate Lyse. I can't wait for Shadowbringers \o/

Hien's pretty legit. The other nation leaders have their moments, but I feel like he's one of the only ones who is consistently competent.

I honestly liked the Stormblood exp better than Shadowbringers
By Jetackuu 2021-11-19 22:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Dehydrated/Hydrated.
Maybe that's why I don't like the yellow. I drink like 16 litres of water a day (that's ~4 gallons for y'all 'Murricans), so the colour clashes with what I'm used to :P

What is this non-freedom units?
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-19 23:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I never use the yellow bags. The white ones from Safeway or the grey ones from Walmart usually.
But the piss yellow compliments the decor!

The boys in your house need to aim better if your bathroom is "decorated" in yellow.

Anyhoooooooooo.

So I'm buying into the Spiderman hype for a few reasons. First off, it kind of reminds me of how I experienced 'Game of Thrones'. I wasn't there for the first few seasons, got to binge it halfway through, and got to experience waiting for new episodes weekly for the last couple of seasons. With Spiderman, I wasn't in it for the first two movies, got to watch the two Tom Holland Spiderman movies a few months ago, and now can get on the hype train of antici... pation for the next one.

Sadly, for some reason, when I google'd the release date of this new movie, I thought it said Novemeber 17ths (it's December 17th). The last few days I've been thinking it came out Novemeber 17th and was wondering why it wasn't showing up in my local movie theater listings for play times or even on Pirate Bay. Yeah. Three days now I've been looking for play times daily or a torrent of it thinking it was out. Then I started google'ing if it had been delayed or pushed back. I FINALLY realized Novemeber =/= December.

Viciouss said: »
Just watched the first episode of Cowboy bebop live action...fairly terrible. Vicious is horribly cast, Spike is too old, and they have already thrown the core themes of the anime out the window. So, not looking good.

I never watched 'Cowboy Bebop', but due to the chatter about the live-action, I think I'll give the anime a shot. Twenty-five years late, but oh well.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-20 00:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

crazy lunar halo out tonight. picture doesn't do it justice. looks like the eye of a hurricane with a goth rainbow around the outside.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-20 01:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
What. The. ***.

Round 1:
Firion: Haste 16'ga (Lands x4)
Maria: Wall 16'ga (Lands x4)
Guy: Berserk 16'ga (Lands x4)
Leon: Attack w/ dual Excalibur (21 hits 482 damage) + Masamune (22 hits 2699 damage)
Emperor: Dispelga 16 resisted by all.

Route 2:
Firion: Haste 16'ga (Lands x4)
Maria: Barrier 16'ga (Fail to stick x4???)
Guy: Berserk 16'ga (Lands x4)
Leon: Swap Excalibur out for Blood Sword. Attack w/ Blood Sword (16 hits for 9999) + Masamune (23 hits 4510)
Emperor: Dead

So... that was anti-climactic. I guess he had 15,000 HP. Oh well. Done with FF Pixel Remaster 1 and 2. Time for 3 now. /joy (Also have 4 and 5 on deck to play). Can't wait for 6 to release.
He only has 10,000 HP... at least originally.

It's always an anti-climax. The hardest part about FFII is getting through the dungeons.

You should try getting ambushed by Coeurls sometime. :) They come with enparalyze/endeath. If you get paralyzed your evasion goes to 0. :3
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-20 01:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-20 02:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
goth rainbow

a pack of peanut butter crackers for dinner. Anyone else livin' that poor "saving money" life?

I put $30 in crysta on my SquareEnix account a few days ago, but am living that poor "saving money" life by not resubbing yet until I see if there is a free-to-play coming up. Plenty of other games to play anyway and I'm not missing much by avoiding the daily login grind.

Asura.Vyre said: »
The hardest part about FFII is getting through the dungeons.

You should try getting ambushed by Coeurls sometime. :) They come with enparalyze/endeath. If you get paralyzed your evasion goes to 0. :3

I spent several hours each day over a few days getting my skills all capped. That was the toughest part. To your "Coeurl" comment, I randomly got ganked by some skeletons that set mini on me (Defense 0) and then pummeled me because running in an RPG is for the weak (unless the story forces you to run; example: running into Bahamut early in FF3 when you are starting out and there is no way to kill him).
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-20 03:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
goth rainbow

a pack of peanut butter crackers for dinner. Anyone else livin' that poor "saving money" life?

I put $30 in crysta on my SquareEnix account a few days ago, but am living that poor "saving money" life by not resubbing yet until I see if there is a free-to-play coming up. Plenty of other games to play anyway and I'm not missing much by avoiding the daily login grind.

Asura.Vyre said: »
The hardest part about FFII is getting through the dungeons.

I spent several hours each day over a few days getting my skills all capped. That was the toughest part. To your "Coeurl" comment, I randomly got ganked by some skeletons that set mini on me (Defense 0) and then pummeled me because running in an RPG is for the weak (unless the story forces you to run; example: running into Bahamut early in FF3 when you are starting out and there is no way to kill him).
Brah, you don't even need to cap skills to win though!
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-20 04:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Now ya tell me.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-20 05:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Now ya tell me.
I tried to tells ya, Meowth. I tried.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-20 09:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Buttcheek

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-20 13:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after *** with equalizers, switching from Spotify to Tidal, and eating what's left of my own *** I decided to keep the DT990s + external mic and shelf the gaming headsets.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-20 14:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What hath science wrought?

We need more totally unrelated franchises to do crossovers.

If I had any artistic talent, I'd be all over making a 'Ghost In The Shell' X 'Beetlejuice' crossover.

Replace the words "ghost in the shell" with "ghost with the most" and boom. T-shirt I could sell on Etsy until I got shut down by C&D notification.

Maybe make a "Serial Experiements: Lain" X "Doug" and replace the word "lain" with "Doug". lulz

Maybe a "Highschool of the Dead" X "Saved By The Bell" = "Saved By The Dead"? Okay. I could keep going, but yeah.
By Jetackuu 2021-11-20 16:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

T-shirt I could sell on Etsy until I got shut down by C&D notification.
Just because you get one, doesn't mean you need to stop.
By Viciouss 2021-11-20 17:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So, through 7 eps of Bebop, it has a lot of problems. The cast is average. John Cho is 49 years old, and it shows. Spike is 27 years old. So, the criticism that came with that casting choice is completely legit. Faye and Jet however are fine. Jet is actually very well cast, and the criticism that came with Faye's outfit turned out to be much ado about nothing.

One of the two biggest problems is Alex Hassell is horribly cast as Vicious, and his character is horribly written. His presence kills the entire show, especially since he is in every episode. The entire Syndicate storyline is just awful. Vicious was a character that lived by a strict code of strength. The weak died, the strong survived. He killed his mentor for losing his fangs, so the concept of him begging for someone's life almost made me ragequit the whole show. They completely failed on this character.

The other biggest problem is the episodes are too long, running 45m to an hour. Ordinarily, this isn't a big deal, but it doesn't work for Bebop. Packing too much into each ep is annoying, especially when every scene with the Syndicate sucks.

They also completely abandoned the main themes of Cowboy Bebop, loneliness, existentiality, adult depression. Three adults that have lived their lives and are now just going through the motions. That is not present in this show at all.

I have heard about a twist ending, but I can't say that I care too much. I am not hoping for a renewal, but with Netflix I am willing to bet they give it a second season. But if they canceled it, I wouldn't expect too much fan outrage. Right now I would rate it a 4/10.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-20 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

jet is amazingly cast. i tried explaining to one of my friends how sometimes the way some of the actors act/talk is over the top in a weird way. like they know it's based on an anime so they have to try and super animated. it makes me think of the batman and robin movie. it attempts dark and gritty, but these comicy spots just take you out of it. it's like it can't decide what it wants to be.

as a show on it's own it's ok. as a cowboy bebop thing, i wish they hadn't done it.

the weirdest thing for me is the chick from the red eye episode being british instead of some sort of latino/hispanic/spanish. no adios cowboy = no thank you netflix.
By Draylo 2021-11-20 19:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The new pokemon game is so slow.. graphics bad. I think I'm finally done with Pokemon, just very clear they want it for brain dead 2 year olds. They do the bare minimum for their games even though they have so much money, makes no sense.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-11-20 19:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
The new pokemon game is so slow.. graphics bad. I think I'm finally done with Pokemon, just very clear they want it for brain dead 2 year olds. They do the bare minimum for their games even though they have so much money, makes no sense.
i stopped when i heard sword and shield was perma exp share and apparently keeping it for future games, also tired of the like 10 year old 3D models/animations, the exciting part of a new pokeman game was seeing all your faves with new sprites/animation

goodbye pokemon
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-21 01:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to continue playing Pokemon, but the last one I really enjoyed was Pokemon White.

I did complete X, but it didn't really excite me.

The Pokemon League just seems to get lamer with each iteration.

I bought Sun, but just couldn't grin and bear it. Got to the 4th island not-gym, gym, and never played again. Not as an active decision. I just completely lost interest. Only other game that did that to me was Magna Carta on the PS2.

I had zero interest in Sword/Shield.

I think they strictly have the idea that the demographic aims should only be at kids, even though there are tons of adults now that still want to play Pokemon.

Also low effort on a company's part usually stems from the facts of business. If you don't have to put as much work in, and you can still get the same/projected pay, then that is what you take. It results in less hires/more bonuses for corporate etc. Awful for customers, typical for business.

Corporate is the bane of employees, creators, and customers.
First Page 2 3 ... 22008 22009 22010 ... 22715 22716 22717