Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22007 22008 22009 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-18 17:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright so now I've got 4 sets of headphones to compare, and...

$200 - Logitech G Pro X Wireless: Cheapest of the litter so didn't expect top marks, but hey. Sound is fine but I wouldn't listen to music with them. No dock or any sort of higher quality built in sound processing. Their build quality is superb and the wireless is good enough for a dongle. Mic is fine, extremely small bump up on this because nVidia Broadcast is built in to the Logitech software so you technically need one less background app download.

$400 $200 - Audeze Mobius: Sound is quite good for a gaming headset, a little better than the A50s to my ears. The built in sound processing is good enough and replaces the need for a dedicated DAC/AMP (which isn't saying much, they have practically no impedance). The 3D audio gimmick is cute but I don't see myself actually using it. The wire isn't really worth it for the level of audio improvement over the A50s honestly, but that's just for my ears. Build quality is great. Mic is fine.

$300 - Astro A50 Wireless: Top of the gaming headset heap. On par with or better than my broken Steelseries Pro Wireless set. The built in sound processing in the charging station works fine and the surround is adequate for what it is. Battery life is sufficient to last all day. They feel cheapo and quite frankly, for the price, there's a serious lack of metal pieces which makes me worry for their longevity. Mic is fine.

$450 - Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro + Qudelix 5k Bluetooth Amp + Blue Yeti Mic: Ok, yeah. Of course this is going to ***on any gaming branded crap in regards to audio quality, but there are some serious caveats. So yes, the sound is by far and away better than any of the others; 250ohm impedance and the need to be driven with an amp, brilliant soundstage if not exaggerated treble (but mostly fixable with EQ) and a great open back design; no surround, but that is fixable with software or with a soundcard/amp capable of adding it, but these fake surround implementations leave a lot to be desired anyway. The bluetooth amp can create a largely lossless "wireless" experience, if you consider wireless to mean untethered to your desk, but you still have a *** cable dangling from your *** attached to the amp in your pocket/on your belt/wherever you want to put it which, to me, is an inconvenience. The battery life in these bluetooth amps also tends to be *** bad but that's only a consideration if you're leaving the desk often; for this one in particular, I can leave it plugged in without risk of damaging the battery which is nice when I'm sitting down. Build quality is fine. The headphones themselves are quite inexpensive so I didn't expect a marvel of engineering; I can see the cable eating ***eventually though and since it isn't detachable, replacement would require disassembly and soldering. Mic is ***because there isn't one. Options to remedy this include an Antlion modmic, which essentially turns it into a headset with extra steps, or a standalone microphone, which I opted for. I'm not here to grade the microphone, it is a Blue Yeti, they are proven to be great entry level audio kit.

So, the choice of which one I plan to keep may seem cut and dry then. For barely more money, that last choice blows the others away, right?

Well, I'm not so sure. Losing true wireless connectivity is a major consideration for me and, frankly, is kind of pushing me toward the A50s. Yes, the sound quality from the A50s is mediocre at best and they will never be as good for listening to music, but... not being tethered to anything, not having a cable occasionally get wrapped around my arm or get stuck under my chair wheels... it's a tough sell for my use case.

Maybe I'll decide to keep the 990 Pros and amp for music/phone use and then keep the A50s for my PC/Gaming. I dunno. I didn't really expect such difficulty going back to having a cord.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 18:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
I swear, I feel like I could breathe fire. Heartburn is the worst.

30*
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-18 18:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Alright so now I've got 4 sets of headphones to compare, and...

for what it's worth. i bought these 6 months ago and have absolutely loved em. switched to these from a steelseries and they've been the best audio quality "gaming" headsets i've ever had.
By Draylo 2021-11-18 21:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Never really saw the appeal for headphones, just really uncomfortable especially longer sessions. Don't most upgrade their audio sets, what its for if ya gonna use headphones.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 21:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda like to be able to hear if someone's calling my name or some kind of noise occurs. Plus, headphones tend to lock in heat a little too well (especially the leather or pleather rings around the ear), and my skin disease hates heat and humidity.

I tend to use my old Logitech speaker pair from like 15 years ago lol... Should probably upgrade at some point.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-18 22:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Open back headphones don't prevent you from hearing people nor do they insulate your ears.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 22:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Open back headphones don't prevent you from hearing people nor do they insulate your ears.
That seems like a decent option, but only for audio quality. I'm not really sure what the point is if other people can still hear the audio leaking out.

With that said - and while I do appreciate the suggestion - I don't need headphones anyway. I work from home now, so I don't have any annoying coworkers listening to awful music or watching Big Bang Theory all day. And I don't have to worry about other people judging me for what I listen to.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-18 22:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

These are pretty ok.

Slowbro response here, but I used to hate Cow Tales as a kid.

Fast forwarding to a few weeks ago, my wife bought some and one of the packages had an excessive amount of some kind of oil inside. She let the company know that they might have a defective batch, and they quickly sent us a sampler box with 25 of the things for our trouble. That's some good customer service, and I discovered that I like their products now. Double win!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-18 22:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i use a headset when gaming/discord, i have airpods for the grocery store, and a good setup for the "audiophile" sessions in the living room. gaming on speakers feels so foreign at this point.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-18 23:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
i'm not sure how many times i can say no, it's been really breaking me up, i thought the hardest part was sending my resignation letter but that was apparently the easiest - i wanted to end on a good note, but i feel this constant push to keep me is going to make them hate me

I can't say I know exactly what you're going through, but I felt really torn up inside with my last resignation a couple years ago. I was the young blood in my department and dramatically underpaid compared to my older coworkers. My boss was awesome and fought for 6+ months to convince upper management to promote me into a level playing field with everyone else. HR finally came back with an offer and gave me the absolute bare minimum increase in title and pay. I still wasn't even close to being in the same league as my coworkers. It's funny how multi-billion dollar companies can be so cheap....

Right about that time, an old coworker offered me a job on the other side of the country with much better pay and a cheaper cost of living. Obviously that's what I ended up taking, but I still felt like an absolute scumbag for putting in my two weeks after all the effort my boss went through. It sucks, but at the end of the day you have to do what's best for you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 00:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Obviously that's what I ended up taking, but I still felt like an absolute scumbag for putting in my two weeks after all the effort my boss went through. It sucks, but at the end of the day you have to do what's best for you.
On one level or another, I'm sure that manager totally knew why you left. If after that much effort, you barely saw any kind of improvement, they're obviously not fighting for you.

I wonder if my last manager ever figured out why I quit. I still remember him trying to plead to me with "But I gave you such a generous raise!" - His actual words, after two years without even a cost-of-living raise, cut paid hours, and forced unpaid overtime.

He's not stupid, but he sure plays it well. Supposedly he's been telling everybody random bullcrap whenever they ask where I went.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-19 02:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have 11 more AF quests to do, for FFXI. Well... technically 13, but RUN and GEO are at 99.

Thinking about skimping on doing DNC or SCH's yet... due to having to delve in WoTG just a little bit to get their quests going... then again I already did by unlocking them in the first place...

Looking like even with the Endwalker delay, I won't get get through RoZ or CoP the way I'm doing things before then, lol. Whoops.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 07:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you really, really don't like Dead By Daylight, right? This is basically the same thing lol
By Jetackuu 2021-11-19 09:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Have 11 more AF quests to do, for FFXI. Well... technically 13, but RUN and GEO are at 99.

Thinking about skimping on doing DNC or SCH's yet... due to having to delve in WoTG just a little bit to get their quests going... then again I already did by unlocking them in the first place...

Looking like even with the Endwalker delay, I won't get get through RoZ or CoP the way I'm doing things before then, lol. Whoops.

Start your coalitions if you're going to bother doing geo AF quests, at least bank thr imps.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 10:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple stoners in the board meeting...
"D.B.D...? Sounds like... D.B.Z...!"
"Right on, dude. Let's make our next DBZ game like DBD!"
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 10:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I are looking through a list of the cameos from the Space Jam movies to see what kind of characters we might get excited for with that upcoming MultiVersus game. She's already excited to play Harley Quinn.

I wonder the likelihood of characters like Austin Powers and Beetlejuice. I'm already kinda hoping for Furiosa and *** Dastardly. Supposedly Dastardly was in a recent movie, so he's probably not too obscure for an appearance.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-19 11:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw a news article that started like: "Best Buy has officially dropped its 2021 Black Friday ad. The ad features 128 pages. The sale kicks off today and runs through Sunday, Nov. 28."

Me:

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
These are pretty ok.

Slowbro response here, but I used to hate Cow Tales as a kid.

Fast forwarding to a few weeks ago, my wife bought some and one of the packages had an excessive amount of some kind of oil inside. She let the company know that they might have a defective batch, and they quickly sent us a sampler box with 25 of the things for our trouble. That's some good customer service, and I discovered that I like their products now. Double win!

That's quite a tale.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2021-11-19 11:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

3rd post in a row because I'm a bad ***, don't need no man. Its also a momentious occasion! Bamco is actually making DBZ content that isn't Xenoverse 2 DLC!
wait, this doesn't look good. fun maybe for 10 minutes but not good.. like a cash grab
I'm convinced this was originally intended to be another bonus game mode for Xenoverse 2, similar to the Capsule Colosseum (hence the reused assets), but then someone decided to push it as it's own game. Still, at this rate it seems like we'll never get a XV3. ._.;
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 11:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever had Cow Tales.

Is it anything like Airheads? Kinda looks similar. Weird candy with a mascot that implies bubblegum, but is actually flavoured taffy. And shaped like a tongue for some reason...

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-19 11:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What. The. ***.

Round 1:
Firion: Haste 16'ga (Lands x4)
Maria: Wall 16'ga (Lands x4)
Guy: Berserk 16'ga (Lands x4)
Leon: Attack w/ dual Excalibur (21 hits 482 damage) + Masamune (22 hits 2699 damage)
Emperor: Dispelga 16 resisted by all.

Route 2:
Firion: Haste 16'ga (Lands x4)
Maria: Barrier 16'ga (Fail to stick x4???)
Guy: Berserk 16'ga (Lands x4)
Leon: Swap Excalibur out for Blood Sword. Attack w/ Blood Sword (16 hits for 9999) + Masamune (23 hits 4510)
Emperor: Dead

So... that was anti-climactic. I guess he had 15,000 HP. Oh well. Done with FF Pixel Remaster 1 and 2. Time for 3 now. /joy (Also have 4 and 5 on deck to play). Can't wait for 6 to release.
By Draylo 2021-11-19 12:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Not guilty, oh boy here we go
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-19 12:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Man this amp is so tiny omg it's so cuuute

Asura.Aeonova