Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22005 22006 22007 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-17 08:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather a movie pick a demographic and stick to it than go the route of big-studio media and make it as bland as possible such to inoffend every audience in the world.

Speaking of movies, I started getting emails from Landmark Cinemas, which is the better (by far) of the two big-name movie theatre groups in my hometown. I was disappointed to find that they've gone the route of every other damn thing on the planet now and asking me to register for their new service. Apparently now you can collect points towards free concessions and stuff, and if you register you also get free refills on popcorn and soft drinks.

Only problem is that in order to grant people free movies, they bumped the price of tickets. And the free refills used to just be a thing they allowed you to do regardless. So just like Cineplex before them, they took what was once available and gated it behind a username and password.

I'm so tired of this. Why does everything require registration? They don't even give stickers at McDonald's anymore towards free coffee. Now you have to register on their garbage app. I've got like 45 apps on my phone just for different restaurants and other services that used to be simple. Even the bar I go to.
I had to download an app and create a username and password last night so I could pay for parking downtown. What the actual f*ck is going on?

/rantover
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-17 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
edit: then again, my taste in movies differs vastly from "most" as I don't have a problem with the star wars prequels, love the Joel Schumacher batman movies and think the Nolan Batman were mediocre at best after the first one (they ruined the series), and think Napoleon Dynamite wasn't funny at all. Get off my lawn.
I didn't mind Phantom Menace because it had some fun moments in it. Attack of the Clones was as boring as a movie could be (I literally fell asleep watching it), and Revenge of the Sith was boring but for different reasons.

Napoleon Dynamite isn't funny so much as it is quotable.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-17 09:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-17 09:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Why does everything require registration? They don't even give stickers at McDonald's anymore towards free coffee. Now you have to register on their garbage app. I've got like 45 apps on my phone just for different restaurants and other services that used to be simple. Even the bar I go to.
I had to download an app and create a username and password last night so I could pay for parking downtown. What the actual f*ck is going on?
Once you register they can sell your info.

Did you think it was only facebook and other "social" media companies who did that?

Digital analytics too.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-17 09:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

great video about FF11

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-17 10:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »

great video about FF11

Ive been kinda addicted to those “iceberg”-type of videos.

Though im more interested in obscure and controversial topics, gonna give a try to this one after work
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-11-17 10:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-17 11:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »

great video about FF11

I always think the iceberg guys videos are kind of nice, but literally just the tip of the iceberg, rather than the rest of it under the water.

I've watched like 5 or 6 of his videos all the way through, and they only ever get like, idk, 3 fathoms deep into games or glance off the surface so far.

It's probably about as good as you can do for an MMO like XI, but I didn't like it.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-17 12:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My FFXI iceberg tiers would be:

1st lv: newbie tarutaru
- support to new characters
2nd lv: curious mithra
- exploring game options
3rd lv: adventurous hume
- delving in quests and missions
4th lv: endgame elvaan
- gearing like a pro
5th lv: boting galka
- what third parties are out there?
6th lv: evil GM
- hey, thats cheating!
7th lv: RMTer
- ok, im good enough. How can i make money with this?
8th lv: programming RMTer
- packets and bots
9th lv: black market RMTer
- GM arent enough to deal with this

Maybe later i will get some topics on it
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-17 12:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm extremely confused on this whole "icerberg video" and "iceberg tiers" thing. My brain's at like half capacity today.

Would someone mind elaborating? Don't be afraid to explain it like I'm 5. lol
By Pantafernando 2021-11-17 12:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Iceberg are a set of related topics sorted according to how often certain topic is searched/discussed on the internet.

The iceberg part is just a symbism. The top tier are the surface tier, topics that are commonly and often discussed while the "underwater" tier are those obscure topics, hard to find evidence and often related to illegal topics
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-11-17 13:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

that ffxi iceberg tipped over long ago.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-17 13:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I really miss Canadian margarine, enough that my sister mailed me some.

American margarine is utter garbage because big butter industry lobbied against it here over the last 150 years to keep butter sales up and lower the quality of margarine.

So it’s complete ***here, you put it on toast or use it in cooking and it’s like triple the water content than Canadian margarine or something so things just come out soggy, really sad.

So everything is forced to use American butter /sigh

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-17 13:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It got big with dairy surpluses after the war hugs, really fascinating history of one is ever so inclined to research post war lobbying. (Said no one ever, I know)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-17 13:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
I really miss Canadian margarine, enough that my sister mailed me some.

American margarine is utter garbage because big butter industry lobbied against it here over the last 150 years to keep butter sales up and lower the quality of margarine.

So it’s complete ***here, you put it on toast or use it in cooking and it’s like triple the water content than Canadian margarine or something so things just come out soggy, really sad.

Every once in a while I still hear people say stuff like "On a molecular level, margarine is almost plastic", as though chemistry isn't wildly altered by the slightest difference.

Oh, boy! Watch out for the highly-explosive sodium mixed with the highly-toxic chlorine on the table! You're only one atom away from that oxygen turning into ozone! Stop! Don't drink that water! On a molecular level it's almost hydrogen peroxide!

Still remember my cousin showing me how quickly a plant dies when you feed it water out of the microwave oven, implying that the microwave radiation made it no better than plutonium. And not, y'know, the fact that the water was at a boiling temperature...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-17 14:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the iceberg video, quite interesting indeed.

The most amusing thing was the professor Gunther Schultz story.

Tbf, i wasnt aware of his arc as i admitelly just rush through quest but when it says Schultz is involved in every conflict in vanadiel, that kinda surprised me as i dont really remember any apparition of his in any mission.

Is it true that his clash against Count Bifron is the major driving force of vanadiel? That would mean they are like gods in vanadiel?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-17 16:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
lolwut? I know almost nobody who buys actual butter...
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2021-11-17 18:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Since FFVII The First Soldier is live, I played a few matches despite it barely running on my phone.
Got sniped by another player while fighting a Bomb. Got ganked by a Tonberry while looting a chest. Ran over a bunch of Hedgehog Pies with a jeep. It's pretty damn fun.
Touch screen controls are ***, but it has controller support so that's not too much of an issue. Wish it was available on PC though because *** actually trying to play it on a small screen. Currently mirroring it via scrcpy, but the lack of audio blows.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-17 18:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh... i mean i buy irish and french butter at my local grocery store all the time. currently i have some good vermont butter. i dunno what this horrible american butter you talk about is, but you know can try a diff brand, right?

butter is awesome. i find it richer, creamier, and you can't brown margarine. to each their own i suppose.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-17 18:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

most us stores have these brands, and i can personally attest to the taste and quality.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-17 18:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

also if you can find some le beurre bordier, buy it.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-17 19:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Touch screen controls are ***, but it has controller support so that's not too much of an issue. Wish it was available on PC though because *** actually trying to play it on a small screen.

Download Bluestacks for Windows. Download the APK (game file) and install it. There ya go. The BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on PCs running Microsoft Windows and Apple's macOS. You can bind touch screen points to keyboard keys.

It may work. It might not. I couldn't get 'Castlevania - Grimoire of Souls' to work as it has been taken offline. I couldn't get 'Dragon Quest Tactics' or 'Pokemon Masters EX' to work either, but havn't tried a new Bluestacks client in 6+ months so maybe the compatibility has been worked out.

If you can get the APK to run on Bluestacks, playing Android games on PC certainly via emulation certainly does open up a lot of new gaming possibilities. Hope this helps (you or anyone else).

Also, ya'll need to calm down with that fancy butter.

About the Iceberg video, I very much like that he mentions that the Shikaree sisters (Shikaree X, Shikaree Y, and Shikaree Z) are 11's version of the Magus Sisters, Dog, Mag, and Rag (spelling varies).

[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-17 20:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I worked in an office, using bluestacks and nox for a few years. There's other options too and vary on features. Definitely useful for "energy" based games and can just alt+tab it and leave it running vs having to get the phone out.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-17 20:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just downloaded and installed 'Final Fantasy Dimensions' (v1.1.3) and it works so that's something. Getting 'Final Fantasy Dimensions II' now. Gonna test it out.

Still pretty stuck on 'Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster' so I'll be playing that for a bit still, but it's nice to have options.

Just put $30 in Crysta on my SE account like 3 days ago. Waiting to see if SE is gonna drop the hammer on free-to-play this month though. Not really missing anything by not resubbing right away anyway. As you can see, I have enough FF in my life as it is and don't want to resub and then find out I could have saved money.

Freehugs said: »
Boy, come back to my inn room, i'm going to give you some heirs.

Anyhoo, in FFVII news...

Look how they massacred my boy. F for Cloud's spiky hair.

Also, they gave a chocobo a Soldier hat. Awesome. That almost makes up for how dirty they did Cloud's hair.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-17 21:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, please
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22005 22006 22007 ... 22715 22716 22717