Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21928 21929 21930 ... 22712 22713 22714
By RadialArcana 2021-08-14 15:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The power of the 117 gear when I came back totally blew me away, and it's the main reason I turned a sunday visit during a welcome home campaign into a resub.

I had a blast in my sparks gear doing Abyssea and stuff and then exploring adoulin areas and doing wkr. The novelty of being able to solo on a game that used to be so difficult and where you needed so many people was great.

I wore my sparks stuff for over 6 months, wish I knew you could buy 119 adoulin gear from an npc back then.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-14 16:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Considering most of it is upgradable: no.

Almost all (if not all) of these upgrades are pre-ilvl tho.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-08-14 17:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Considering most of it is upgradable: no.

Almost all (if not all) of these upgrades are pre-ilvl tho.

You can reforge most pre-i119 gear, relevant stuff anyway, the rest has easy to obtain UNM variants which are now even augmentable to still be relevant. There's honestly way too much side-grade stuff anymore, it's insane. Hell some of the 75~99 stuff is even still relevant. SoA came out what, 8.5 years ago though? I wouldn't even try to get gear to get to 99, just toss on a weapon and swing at ***with trusts for a few hours.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-14 19:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang

I was shocked to discover that Christ was born…. Before after Christ age (AD is equivalent to after christ).

Like, was my entire life a lie?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-14 19:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Dang

I was shocked to discover that Christ was born…. Before after Christ age (AD is equivalent to after christ).

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-14 20:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh f.u.c.k. yes!

Season 3 Episode 1 of titans is great... (not spoiled)
By Draylo 2021-08-14 20:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-14 20:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Dang

No but most religions are.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-14 20:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I try to touch up these cool screens from the cutscenes and they come out bad for some reason compared to the original. Maybe because its touching up a screenshot?

WOTG has some cool cutscenes, I miss these
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-08-15 05:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Bismarck.Dumakulem said: »
Looking up the current state of servers, seems like it's largely unchanged over the last few years?

Asura is the biggest cheese, then Odin, then Bahamut? I don't really intend to focus on getting to endgame quickly or picking up doing a lot of high end things. Just the stories and the quests, mainly. I'd prefer a server that isn't completely barren, but isn't super crowded. Is that possible, in this age of the game?

I've only ever been on Ragnarok, but from the feedback I get it seems to be a mid-range server population-wise. There is typically 800-900 people on, currently around 1300 due to the free play going on. The 2 social linkshells I'm in usually have 30+ people on...currently reaching 40+ due to the returning players.

Funny story about Ragnarok. I actually got keylogged or something led to my main character getting stolen in late 2008 or maybe it was 2009. I didn't have my name on the account back then, since my older brother started it for me when I was 13 going on 14.

Anyway, couldn't get the account locked and restored, and my brother doesn't like dealing with customer support, so I had to wait like 7 months to get my character back.

I had just finished capping every weapon skill in the game that my jobs could cap, and this included Parry and Throwing.

When I got to login again, Vyre was on Ragnarok, in an Assault Jerkin and other R/Ex gear only. On THF. Had clearly been used for RMT for months. I hadn't any of my hard earned Rares or things that could be sold.

Even now you can check the Ragnarok character search and find that time in the AH history.

I got my name on the account after that, and went through the restoral process. When I next logged in on Asura, I had most all of my stuff back, but I'd been reset to before I'd skilled Throwing past 120, and my Parry was uncapped on Ninja as well (like in the 230s instead of 269). I lost many levels on RNG. It was both happy and sad.
By Josiahafk 2021-08-15 05:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
“Which mood are you currently in?

Absolutely the latter, lol.

My follow up mood along these lines any time my wife orders shrimp shumai on doordash and doesn’t want to share lol.

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-08-15 05:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi has wife now? :D!? Since when!?
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-08-15 06:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve been married 20 months now.
She’s a dynamis linkshell leader from the old glory days
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-15 12:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank goodness! I can stream 1080p video!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-15 16:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to believe just a few years ago I built my own PC. My PSU is doing some funky stuff and I went to replace it with a new one and nothing worked right...

Not only did my GPU not turn on at all, but it booted from my HDD instead of the SSD.

Unplugged the whole thing and plugged in the old PSU. Praise Altana it worked like normal (this PC is also what I use for work). I don't want to take it in and pay someone else to do it when I should know what I'm doing. But maybe I should just get it over with.
By Jetackuu 2021-08-15 17:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't sound quite right. First off boot ordered is determined by the UEFI, so unless a device wasn't getting power...
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-15 17:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't sound quite right. First off boot ordered is determined by the UEFI, so unless a device wasn't getting power...
That's what I thought at first, especially since the thing I was replacing was the PSU. But when Windows was up and running, I could still access the SSD. In fact, when I went into the BIOS it was still at the top of the list for booting.
By Jetackuu 2021-08-15 17:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean my first question would be as to why there's more than one bootable device in the same system without it being intentional and a boot manager.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-15 17:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just never uninstalled Windows from my last build, and I wanted to use the 2TB HDD because it's got decent storage. Besides, it hadn't been an issue up until now.

Though I guess if I got rid of Windows on it, it would probably free up even more space.
By Jetackuu 2021-08-15 18:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sitting here trying to figure out a way to migrate my current setup to a more usable variety.

Current: 2 PCs; 1 with main 2nd with 3 VMs running and a character on each (only ever use 2 of them along with the main, other is storage for LS shenanigans). Trying to come to a setup to where I can maintain the use of multiple controllers but also utilize send, as it doesn't support RPC and a viable solution is eluding me...
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-08-15 22:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
josi's also a dirty american now!
[+]
By Josiahafk 2021-08-16 00:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw free guy over the weekend and it was the most gamer movie that gamers ever gamered, even featured multiple clips of gamer celebrities reacting to moments of the movie online

10 gamers out of 10 if you like video game industry comedy and slight existentialism
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-08-16 10:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2021-08-16 13:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Bismarck.Dumakulem said: »
Looking up the current state of servers, seems like it's largely unchanged over the last few years?

Asura is the biggest cheese, then Odin, then Bahamut? I don't really intend to focus on getting to endgame quickly or picking up doing a lot of high end things. Just the stories and the quests, mainly. I'd prefer a server that isn't completely barren, but isn't super crowded. Is that possible, in this age of the game?

I've only ever been on Ragnarok, but from the feedback I get it seems to be a mid-range server population-wise. There is typically 800-900 people on, currently around 1300 due to the free play going on. The 2 social linkshells I'm in usually have 30+ people on...currently reaching 40+ due to the returning players.

Funny story about Ragnarok. I actually got keylogged or something led to my main character getting stolen in late 2008 or maybe it was 2009. I didn't have my name on the account back then, since my older brother started it for me when I was 13 going on 14.

Anyway, couldn't get the account locked and restored, and my brother doesn't like dealing with customer support, so I had to wait like 7 months to get my character back.

I had just finished capping every weapon skill in the game that my jobs could cap, and this included Parry and Throwing.

When I got to login again, Vyre was on Ragnarok, in an Assault Jerkin and other R/Ex gear only. On THF. Had clearly been used for RMT for months. I hadn't any of my hard earned Rares or things that could be sold.

Even now you can check the Ragnarok character search and find that time in the AH history.

I got my name on the account after that, and went through the restoral process. When I next logged in on Asura, I had most all of my stuff back, but I'd been reset to before I'd skilled Throwing past 120, and my Parry was uncapped on Ninja as well (like in the 230s instead of 269). I lost many levels on RNG. It was both happy and sad.

I was too! August 2008...but I was on Ragnarok and they did a world transfer to Valefor I think? I caught it immediately, and Square Enix did a recovery but it took over 4 weeks IIRC. 3 of my mules names had been changed, but I was so happy to just have the account back I didn't bother having them switched back.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-08-16 19:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
josi's also a dirty american now!

Na, he'll always be a hat member.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-17 04:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally another mmorpg with a cat race that lets them have a feral temperament, that's what I liked about how xi treated mithra. It let them be a cat beast race and gave them some character.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21928 21929 21930 ... 22712 22713 22714