Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21922 21923 21924 ... 22712 22713 22714
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 18:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW, reminds me some video I watched in the "dont look on google" iceberg.

One of those were some guy who made public his... exit.

Well, its wasnt a door, it was more like a gate. A truck garage gate lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2021-08-08 18:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
WHO WANTS TO SEE MY BUTTHOLE

I literally timed this to be on the top of the next page and I get cucked. GODDAMNIT PANTA

Aww ***, Hugs is drunk again.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 18:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Farting thot or bust for me.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-08-08 18:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even "After Dark" Yet.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-08-08 23:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Only thing I remember from CoP was the airship fight, and the end fight. and Prishe ofc.

and the *** tease of Pheonix as an avatar. Did they ever show her?
If I remember correctly, they waited until Rhapsodies for that.

I do remember a lot about CoP. The Promyvions and a lot of the music occupy a huuuuge area of my heart. Everything in and around the Tavnazian Archipelago still blows my mind. I think the expansion would have been one of the best things to ever happen to video games if they had another crack at it, honestly. More experienced and with better direction, they could have tightened the story up, improved audio quality, given us some cool new jobs to play with, etc.

For me, all of RoZ, CoP, and TOAU are kinda jumbled together. Not like, in my head. I don't have storylines confused... it's just I didn't reach 75 until early mid-2006. I started in late 2003 after PS2 version came out, but poor internet, so I didn't get much done until spring 2004. Went through trying different races up to 30~34. Finally settled on my 4th try, Hume(Taru too small, Elvaan too stronk, Galka too big, Hume just right). Got grounded in 2005, and my PS2 taken away for like 5 months... used that time to play FFV for the first time.

After my grounding, I'd returned to the game, and I found out the LS I had been in had a big schism. A Korean-American guy, character name Jinpu had made the call for the shell to approach endgame content, and the leaders and one half of the shell threw a fit apparently. They said endgame was a chore and wouldn't get us much in the way of anything. We'd all be exploited. It lead to the shell dying from people leaving/arguing/drama that I only ever heard about second hand. Jinpu had remembered me, so he and the endgame minded guys picked me up, and we got set moving towards 75 together. In hindsight the people who argued against it were right, but how was I supposed to know?

Anyway, once I slowly slowly slowly (I got kicked out of a lot of parties for skilling up weapons simultaneously with EXP also due to having to AFK to walk my dogs) got up to 71, Jinpu helped me do my Great Axe WSNM points in about 3 hours in Kuftal Tunnel. Once I had Steel Cyclone I was welcomed into an endgame LS, Precedence. The leaders at the time were Alaana and Anri. Our first event to introduce everyone to everyone was farming the Bomb Queen in Ifrit's Cauldron. A few days later we organized Rise of the Zilart headstone pilgrimage as an Alliance and fought the Ash Dragon on the way to the Jungle headstone.

We then splintered off into 6 man teams to get the party oriented fights done, and everyone was considered Sky ready once they had Sky Access, but we went a step further and did Divine Might, too. Though not everyone in the LS participated, it was Jinpu organizing it actually, I think, and it was a blast. We went on in our splinter groups to beat ZM-16.

Before Divine Might though, the LS had setup running COP. I didn't mention it before, but another prerequisite to joining Precedence was that you have your Promies completed. Jinpu and his crew, I remember my buddy Hecan and my tsundere buddy Droca, and the other names I can't recall. We did our Promies together before I'd reached the 70s. Faded Memories seems like an apt way to TL; DR this post, lol.

Thing was though, since it was summer 2006, TOAU had been out, and I had been doing my EXPing in TOAU. I'd been told up till then to look forward to 16 levels on crabs in Boyahda Tree and Kuftal Tunnel, and I had just done a few crab parties when TOAU came out, so after that it was Colibri into Green Crawlers/Puks into Red Crawlers into Imps into Greater Colibri. I and Jinpu's crew had done all the current TOAU missions... I struggle to recall if Black Coffin was available right off the bat that year, or if that didn't come till fall/winter? I just remember it being easy, beating up those discount Fomor pirates hehe.

Anyway, Precedence organized Minotaur run, subligar runs, Swift Belt farm, and CoP Missions up into Chapter 5. Somewhat annoyingly, around that time, 2006 was winding down, and it might have already been 2007... Alaana and Anri felt like the game was getting stale, and that people were taking too long to get COP done. They wanted to do Limbus, but they just felt like the shell was gonna break apart and they'd have to redo all the work again... they got tired and frustrated, and so for whatever reason they met with this other LS, KirinTheDestroyers or something like that, and Precedence wound up merging with them. KTD was more focused on HNMs than Precedence was, though Precedence had ToDs and I think fought KB once or twice. Hard to remember.

The shell's merged form was named, "Convergence" iirc. New leaders were Wolfknight, K-something Elvaan guy who lent me his Dusk Gloves/boots for meripo a few times, and the old leaders of Precedence. A lot of the leaders from Precedence quit the game shortly after the merge though :/

So I was left to my own devices to finish COP, really, so I had taken to forming my own shout groups. It was dirty fun. I read up online on good/recommended job setups, and eschewed that most of the time. This lead to me taking a very non-optimal group to the 5-3 Mithran Tracker fight, and we wiped 19 times in a row... took a short break, got some Icarus Wings/Reraise items, and then we handled it as though it was Divine Might. Pull'em to the entrance, kill one, wipe, reraise, wait on weakness, repeat. About a week later, they removed EXP loss from COP mission fight wipes, iirc. That, other than 8-3 pots, was the fight I wiped the most on.

A cool clique from Precedence had promised to help me with the 6-4 Airship fight, and I tried it before they were ready anyway with a shout group. The shout group actually got it nearly beat, but when we wiped they gave up. I think Ultima was at about 17% when we did wipe. The cool clique helped me the next day and we one shot it. Frozenone, Licoo, Crevan, and I know there were a few other guys, but those are the only names my brain recalls.

TOAU was advancing, but I was more focused on COP. I think I joined up with my bro to do the Shantotto... errr slip of the tongue, I mean Karababa? Was that her fake *** name? lol. We did that and Khimaira 13. I think? He may have been lagging behind me in the speed department. He was leveling an alt on another server still, and I had given up on mine for my Asura main. We'd initially started on Titan, you see, and I had my Elvaan DRK there still, afraid to touch him because I was too dumb to not use Souleater in EXP if the healer was bad.

So I did the rest of chapter 7, and when I got to the Tenzen fight, some old buddies of mine from Precedence were like, "FINALLY!" and teamed up with me and a couple others from KTD. We beat Tenzen like a redheaded step child and there was much rejoicing as 4/6 of us took our first steps in Al'Taieu. After that the LS actually organized a full alliance run for the Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi segment where you find out about the Chamber of Eventide and the twist. Fight that dang ole Ghrah.

After that, the team that had done Tenzen with me said it was up to us as individuals to climb the towers and get the fragments. The people that'd helped us with Tenzen were stuck on 8-3 pots, and those pots would go on to wipe us about 3 or 4 times, and I thought I was in for another Mithran Trackers bad time.

But there was a time gap, I remember doing more TOAU. I think up to the Gessho fight? Or mayhaps the one with the Mamool riding a Wivre where the BLU with my face blows himself up after.

So after we beat the 8-3 pots, iirc, the group was done for the night, but the more eager beavers went ahead and beat Promathia without me/the group. But the LS leads at the time teamed up with us the next day cause they liked the fight anyway. They also wanted us to beat it, so they'd have more people to do Apoc Nigh with.

After that, it's all too hazy. I can't remember what happened first, the 2-handed update and TOAU 44 or Apoc Nigh. It was all around the same time. I think it was Apoc Nigh. I took the Ethereal Earring, but in hindsight idk, maybe I shoulda gone with the +2 DEX or the +2 Mdef bonus one. I didn't level anything that relied on MP until the Abyssea age.

I met Draylo that year too, camping Okotes. We camped and fought a few Fafnirs together in the LS, but he got fed up with them and left before long. Probably a good move. Shortly after that the eager beaver DRK that had been in my 7-5 to 8-3 COP group scammed the LS leaders who were funding his Apocalypse, and once it was Stage 4 with Stage 5 almost done, he skipped out on the LS and joined his GF's group. It was ok, though, he was a shitty DRK anyway. Still really made me mad though, he got E-body and all that relic currency and all sorts of gear because of that, for what I could tell was no reason. Shell died a short while later.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Josiahafk 2021-08-08 23:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-08-09 00:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi, come clean my AC tubes in my car out! Bugs get in there all the time!
By Josiahafk 2021-08-09 00:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry we only service northern Orange County at this time!
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-09 01:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Got grounded in 2005, and my PS2 taken away for like 5 months... used that time to play FFV for the first time.

Read the whole thing, swear I did. But 5 months? Damn. What did you do?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-08-09 05:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Quote:
Got grounded in 2005, and my PS2 taken away for like 5 months... used that time to play FFV for the first time.

Hogged the upstairs TV for most all of the summer, and got into a spat with my brother a few times over it.

Also kept pushing my bedtime, and in general, being a snotty kid to my parents. It was specifically a grounding from video games, and they took the one I was playing the most and all my other consoles too. They were unaware of emulation on PC, so I got to play emulated games for that time.

It was like... grounding started in August, and I didn't get my PS2 back until first week of December. The grounding was supposed to go on longer, but by then they'd learned I had circumvented the grounding anyway, so they gave up. They were foolishly hoping that I'd take up a new hobby.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-09 06:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw

WHO WANTS TO SEE MY BUTTHOLE

Only if youre washing it properly.
By Shichishito 2021-08-09 06:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-09 08:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the test run of my game on Saturday and it went really well! There were a few bumps, particularly the chaos of my combat system, but I got some great ideas from my friends for how to tighten it up.

It took some getting used-to after playing D&D for so long, but eventually everyone got really fluent in my game's [hopefully] improvements. Having spent about 14 years (on-and-off) working on it, it was nice that it wasn't a total flop or anything.

Now I need some way to let other people try it. I have no idea how copyrights work lol

EDIT: I'm gonna take a short break from it though so I don't burn out. I haven't done anything else with my free time for about 5 months. This feels like a milestone worthy of quick respite.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-09 09:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
and add Bahamut and Phoenix and make ALex/Odin regular avatars

or make their Icons summonable.

Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-09 09:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Toe beans!
By Draylo 2021-08-09 09:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My updated BLU figures
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-09 10:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of toe beans, we just added a new family member to our humble abode!

We named him Sokka. Partially because his face reminded me of Sokka's war paint from Avatar: The Last Airbender, and partially because all four of his paws are white like he's wearing socks so we can use that as a nickname as well <3
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-08-09 11:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate being charged even though i have already paid it.
By Rips 2021-08-09 12:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here an ex-smoker?

I'm trying to kick nicotine and I'm ready to fight everyone.

Apparently cravings last 3 months, but I don't know if I can be in this mood for 3 months.
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-09 12:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Quote:

Hogged the upstairs TV for most all of the summer, and got into a spat with my brother a few times over it.

Also kept pushing my bedtime, and in general, being a snotty kid to my parents. It was specifically a grounding from video games, and they took the one I was playing the most and all my other consoles too. They were unaware of emulation on PC, so I got to play emulated games for that time.

It was like... grounding started in August, and I didn't get my PS2 back until first week of December. The grounding was supposed to go on longer, but by then they'd learned I had circumvented the grounding anyway, so they gave up. They were foolishly hoping that I'd take up a new hobby.

I Lol'd. How futile. It's FFXI.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-09 12:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently cravings last 3 months, but I don't know if I can be in this mood for 3 months.
Friendly reminder that you're on FFXIAH.com, a web site devoted to people who play FFXI. I really don't think anybody here is an expert at beating addictions :P
By Rips 2021-08-09 12:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Friendly reminder that you're on FFXIAH.com, a web site devoted to people who play FFXI. I really don't think anybody here is an expert at beating addictions :P

You’re right. I’m *** and there’s no point.

*lights up*
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-09 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just like anything else. Occupy your time.

The more time you spend doing stuff the less time you focus on the thing thats missing. It's that simple, and it's also not simple at all.

The only real advice is don't substitute one vice for another. Like don't eat to compensate.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-09 12:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You’re right. I’m *** and there’s no point.

*lights up*
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-09 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I kicked tobacco in the early '70s. But I was ready to.

Smoking isn't just nicotine addiction, its also the habit of smoking itself. Many have given up tobacco by smoking pot. This satisfies the smoking urge and leaves them to stoned to find the door let alone someplace to buy ciggies.

I had to give up smoking anything at all for 6 months. Its different for everyone.

I really don't think anybody here is an expert at beating addictions :P
Actually I know a fair bit about addictions and overcoming them. Expert though? NFW.
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-09 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I kicked tobacco in the early '70s. But I was ready to.

Smoking isn't just nicotine addiction, its also the habit of smoking itself. Many have given up tobacco by smoking pot. This satisfies the smoking urge and leaves them to stoned to find the door let alone someplace to buy ciggies.

I had to give up smoking anything at all for 6 months. Its different for everyone.

I really don't think anybody here is an expert at beating addictions :P
Actually I know a fair bit about addictions and overcoming them. Expert though? NFW.

From my understanding, the first 2 weeks are hell, and there's an end goal of 3 months to really shread the cravings.

I made it 5 days before and if someone was staring at me from a distance, they would think I was a meth addict. I was twitching like crazy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-09 12:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it might help to have something like suckers or gum on hand at all times. When my dad was quitting years ago, he bought an ice cream pail full of those little suckers and it helped him get over the oral fixation part of it.

Oh I know. I hope I didn't come across as serious with that comment. I apologize for being unhelpful (and potentially even harmful)
First Page 2 3 ... 21922 21923 21924 ... 22712 22713 22714