Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20748 20749 20750 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-13 11:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Ah the number of times people told me I was uselessly hitting Cloud of Darkness.

Though to be fair, she had physical and magical stoneskin, so sometimes some mages really felt gaslighted, but I mean, all you gotta do is mouse over her buffs one time and then ya know. Same with Diabolos.

Though at least on Diabolos, Cait Sith has the decency to tell you.

Hardest boss in Dun Scaith is The Queen imo. Right near the end when she does the lighted up floor + Hand adds + dash to then huge circle AOE + Thirsty Souls + all the other wombo combo ***. I consider it a good Dun Scaith run if the alliance doesn't wipe to her.
Yea, it's surprising how many people refuse to mouse over buffs. That said I understand it must be far more difficult for PS4 players to check buffs like that mid-combat.
I play exclusively on PS4 :D

But do you play without Mouse and Keyboard? =D

Man, one of the best healer's I know plays on a controller and it drives me nuts how good they are at it >>; I could never do it, lol. M+K all the way.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-13 11:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-13 11:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Ah the number of times people told me I was uselessly hitting Cloud of Darkness.

Though to be fair, she had physical and magical stoneskin, so sometimes some mages really felt gaslighted, but I mean, all you gotta do is mouse over her buffs one time and then ya know. Same with Diabolos.

Hardest boss in Dun Scaith is The Queen imo. Right near the end when she does the lighted up floor + Hand adds + dash to then huge circle AOE + Thirsty Souls + all the other wombo combo ***. I consider it a good Dun Scaith run if the alliance doesn't wipe to her.
Yea, it's surprising how many people refuse to mouse over buffs. That said I understand it must be far more difficult for PS4 players to check buffs like that mid-combat.

Man, one of the best healer's I know plays on a controller and it drives me nuts how good they are at it >>; I could never do it, lol. M+K all the way.
This.

I've tried to play the GF's character on PS4. I can heal okay on M+K but trying to heal on computer is a mess for me no matter how much I mess with her button layout(which still looks like someone just threw up commands on the hotbar to me, I don't know how she manages to play it...) Brd is even more of a mess since I already suck at it/don't understand it since it's one of the 2 Jobs I haven't leveled to 50 yet.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-13 12:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just learned to heal on controller. it's tanking on controller that messes with me.

Though I'm trying to learn since someone has asked me to come tank for faster queues.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-13 12:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks. I'd rather Hollow Diablos dieing faster during his dangerous phases than the mechanically easiest part of Dun Scaith.

If shade thrust -> commisado -> repeat is remotely threatening, there's a problem.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-13 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
No thanks. I'd rather Hollow Diablos dieing faster during his dangerous phases than the mechanically easiest part of Dun Scaith.

If shade thrust -> commisado -> repeat is remotely threatening, there's a problem.
It's not about danger, *** nothing before the double edge is even remotely dangerous in the first place. Unless you are going to tell me your sitting on all your cooldowns the whole fight till it starts, in which case idk what to say.

The damage needs to be done regardless. Unless you are looking to buff a parse there is no reason to wait as it's not a phase but a fixed part of his rotation. Breaking it sooner just means you get to deal more damage while he's doing not dangerous stuff. If your argument is "people are bad" then frankly waiting till other people break the stoneskin so you can see your numbers is also not exactly stellar. We can top this off with one more thing, shortly after the shade thrusts he goes into a damage resistance phase (the gates) where no matter how fast you kill the gates he's still going to have it. And for bonus points cooldowns line up to coming back up as it comes off \o/

Not breaking the stoneskin fast = Bad.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-13 13:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Kittykite 2017-03-13 14:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Heya kitey : )
Hey :O

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-03-13 14:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kittykite said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Heya kitey : )
Hey :O

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-13 14:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Scrubbed down and refitted Slippy's tank, gave him a big mountain of collard, turnip, and mustard greens with some yellow squash and strawberry puree as a treat. He's a happy little green thing.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-13 15:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-13 15:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

Considering that L1 + Right stick press is how I activate the mouse function, yes. I play only with controller. The only thing I use a keyboard for is to be social.
By fonewear 2017-03-13 15:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When I hit L1 on my PS4 controller:

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-13 16:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

It's not about danger, *** nothing before the double edge is even remotely dangerous in the first place. Unless you are going to tell me your sitting on all your cooldowns the whole fight till it starts, in which case idk what to say.

The damage needs to be done regardless. Unless you are looking to buff a parse there is no reason to wait as it's not a phase but a fixed part of his rotation. Breaking it sooner just means you get to deal more damage while he's doing not dangerous stuff. If your argument is "people are bad" then frankly waiting till other people break the stoneskin so you can see your numbers is also not exactly stellar. We can top this off with one more thing, shortly after the shade thrusts he goes into a damage resistance phase (the gates) where no matter how fast you kill the gates he's still going to have it. And for bonus points cooldowns line up to coming back up as it comes off \o/

Holy assumptions, batman.

First off, who parses Dun Scaith or any of the alliance raids?

I've literally never seen him do anything but cycle Commisado and Shade Thrust until stoneskin broke, in which case he immediately started doing new ***. Regardless of the groups DPS competency.
By Bloodrose 2017-03-13 16:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've literally never seen him do anything but cycle Commisado and Shade Thrust until stoneskin broke, in which case he immediately started doing new ***. Regardless of the groups DPS competency.
You'd be surprised who parses alliance raids...

Had a group of people come in without their soulstones, and claim to be the best dps, by ignoring mechanics to pad their damage.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-13 16:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you two are going at it from two different perspectives. Ina tanks it quite a bit, so those crit camisados really hurt + Dun Scaith level healers... need I say more?

Also generally the Shadethrusts which are easy to dodge... well, I'm sure you've both noticed people do not dodge them really. One won't kill you, but the debuff you get usually leads to your demise later in the fight.

For me personally, I don't finds saving cooldowns for any portion of the fight necessary. If you use them as your rotation states, they should be coming back up after the Lifegate sequence anyway. Except for perhaps the longer CDs like Battle Litany or Raging Strikes on Not-BRD. I use them on the stoneskin, cause it's basically just another portion of his health bar. Generally the longer he has the buff, the more likely the healers aren't going to keep up with the MT, cause most do not even regen tanks outside of their party. After the stoneskin breaks, I believe that the rest of the fight is a timed sequence, because I've seen him resort to using Double Edge at varying %s, sometimes as high as 60%. You should strive to break the stoneskin fast, but unless you've got buffs/debuffs that assist with other raid members damage, your own CDs aren't going to be enough by themself to break it noticeably faster. Certainly on a conceptual level you do not want to hold them, but honestly the Diabolos fight is pretty much about surviving rather than about damage, since he kills himself.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-13 16:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Diabolos lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-13 17:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On that Dun Scaith raid I put a picture on, Diabolos Hallowed basically one shotted the MT during auto-crit tank buster + tank in non-tank stance + crap healers in the MT party (not much I can do regarding mitigation when they had an N.AST in MT party). Then the tank in my party picked it up and well, they died too since they were undergeared compared to the other two tanks, lol >>;....

So yeah, I'm all for breaking the Stoneskin fast, lol. That Tank Buster hits like a truck and most PuG tanks + PuG healers will just... insta die. And yeah, most people can't seem to dodge Shade Thrust.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 20748 20749 20750 ... 22713 22714 22715