Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20747 20748 20749 ... 22713 22714 22715

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-13 08:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH demographic 13-25 year old anime freaks !

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-13 08:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I see dead people

I guess this makes me a terrible healer.

I actually wish people would save LB3 for the healer on that fight, it gets pretty crazy in the end with all the stacking mechanics. The same with Diabolos Hollow.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-03-13 08:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I see dead people

I actually wish people would save LB3 for the healer on that fight, it gets pretty crazy in the end with all the stacking mechanics. The same with Diabolos Hollow.
Ghish i thought you where supposed to be super healer!
Not let everyone die healer :(

Ghish whyyyy!
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-13 08:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I see dead people

I'm so used to having smooth runs that I ended up wasting the LB3 on her last night. >.>

I hadn't had a run actually need healer LB3 for her since release. Diabolos Hallow is another story, that fight is just a mess.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-13 09:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I see dead people

Ghish i thought you where supposed to be super healer!
Not let everyone die healer :(

Ghish whyyyy!

Because letting someone die in XIV is a lot easier than in XI XD It's really easy to die to stupid in XIV compared to XI and since most people don't know how to mechanic that fight near the end, it be just usually becomes a cluster of deaths all around. I think there were a total of ten raise spells between myself and the other healer in our party alone over the course of the fight.

Will admit I made the conscious decision not to heal and focussed DPS during the add spawn because they were about to wipe the raid. I lost basically 3 people in the process when I did that but better to lose 3 then to reset the entire encounter. Thankfully boss was at like 2% at that point so we just coasted to victory at that point.

If I was on AST, maybe things might've been a bit different since they have infinite MP. Double SCH pretty much sucks when trying to burst heal people back to health after they continue to stand in bad .-.

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I see dead people

I'm so used to having smooth runs that I ended up wasting the LB3 on her last night. >.>

I hadn't had a run actually need healer LB3 for her since release. Diabolos Hallow is another story, that fight is just a mess.

Lucky~! Most attempts I've had with those fights have usually resulted in a lot of deaths due to the stack upon stack of mechanics. Nothing like seeing people eat double Earth Shakers during Diabolos Hallowed and dying horribly. Not much you can do about that, lol.

[Random Edit] *Contemplates* if off handing TP Bonus +1000 club for BR2 Cerb solo w/ Seraph Strike is better than Nehushtan w/ DA+4 QA+2
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-03-13 09:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
She says it in the video
Oh. To be honest, I only watched about a minute of the video. When she kept showing her shirt, I was thinking, "Hmmm......"
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-13 09:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You can react though. My go to is either swearing or laughing depending on my mood.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2017-03-13 09:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What amazes me is the number of tanks that don't know that awareness is great for the first part of diabolos hollow when he has his shield buff up.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-13 09:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I see dead people

I actually like it when people use it during the first half... Double Edge wrecks Diabolos so hard that you can just run around raising people and sac the stack target and still win.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-13 09:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite part is watching people blow all their buffs when diablos is invincible.

Also, taking exploding balls to the face.

Also also, finally got around to doing Zurvan. 1/1 on Birb with a 99 roll. Did the same on Nidhogg.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-13 09:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
My favorite part is watching people blow all their buffs when diablos is invincible.
It's a stoneskin not invincibility :x The damage needs to be done to get rid of it so that's where they should be using their buffs.

Edit: unless all you care about is your parse that is... It's easily seen by the fact that the time it falls off varies, watching it be up past the 4 cleave makes me sad panda.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-13 09:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Since my interest in XIV is waning a bit until Stormsblood, I haven't run Dun Scaith much (maybe 4 times, tops).

Is the time invincible buff he has timed? Or is it a Stoneskin that needs to be wrecked? If it's the former, I'll spend less time DPSing and more time healing as a healer. [EDIT] *Point to post above* Gotcha, MOAR DPS IT IS.

Also I know of the auto-crit buff, didn't realize it wears with the shield down though, thought he had it all fight xD

Asura.Ina said: »
I actually like it when people use it during the first half... Double Edge wrecks Diabolos so hard that you can just run around raising people and sac the stack target and still win.

My first win in Dun Scaith was like that. It was fascinating to say the least. I hate it when people don't stack for the stack mechanic prior to Double Edge. I actually let the target die in our last run of it because there was only two other people who noticed and if we all went in we all would've died so better to lose one person than three.

Sylph.Cherche said: »
Also also, finally got around to doing Zurvan. 1/1 on Birb with a 99 roll. Did the same on Nidhogg.

Lucky, lol. I think I only have one bird (Bis) but I haven't been trying either - as much as I like the Phoenix for personal reasons I'm not gonna burn time trying to get it.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-13 09:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the time invincible buff he has timed? Or is it a Stoneskin that needs to be wrecked? If it's the former, I'll spend less time DPSing and more time healing as a healer. [EDIT] *Point to post above* Gotcha, MOAR DPS IT IS.
It's basically in the same boat as how people thought there was no point in doting/leaving the melee on Cloud of Darkness in WoD, you'll see 0s but damage is being done, and the sooner it breaks the faster it's gonna die.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-13 10:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's basically in the same boat as how people thought there was no point in doting/leaving the melee on Cloud of Darkness in WoD, you'll see 0s but damage is being done, and the sooner it breaks the faster it's gonna die.
I don't remember Cloud having any stoneskin. o.o What part of the fight is that?

Also, my biggest issue with Diabolos is how tanks seem to completely forget about Hollowed Ground/Living Dead/Holmgang when it's obvious a stack mechanic is failing.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-13 10:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember Cloud having any stoneskin. o.o What part of the fight is that?

Also, my biggest issue with Diabolos is how tanks seem to completely forget about Hollowed Ground/Living Dead/Holmgang when it's obvious a stack mechanic is failing.
When she is trying to eat the clouds before her ultimates, Her "immunity" was actually just a super weak stoneskin most people just ran around during rather than breaking and dpsing her between clouds :x.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-13 10:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When she is trying to eat the clouds before her ultimates, Her "immunity" was actually just a super weak stoneskin most people just ran around during rather than breaking and dpsing her between clouds :x.
Huh never realized that... was always so focused on clouds. Guess it's good I used her to keep up Grease Lightning and ***back then anyway during that phase. >.>;
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-13 10:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually the best way to go about it was melee stay on cloud, ranged keep her dotted and use direct damage attacks on the clouds... even with mid level dps doing it that way would have her dying long before the second cloud phase.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-13 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually the best way to go about it was melee stay on cloud, ranged keep her dotted and use direct damage attacks on the clouds... even with mid level dps doing it that way would have her dying long before the second cloud phase.
I don't trust ranged DPS in 24-mans... for some reason they always fall flat on the damage side.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-13 10:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh, WoD. I still have a huge preference to playing BLM in that instance because I still take immense satisfaction at Meteoring all the adds that get sealed away in their individual hexes.

...which usually results in someone's death afterwards because everyone's like "oooooooooooooo, shiny!" which is then followed with a "OH CRAP LASER BEAM IN FACE!" when Cloud re-appears during that excessively distracting LB, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-13 10:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah the number of times people told me I was uselessly hitting Cloud of Darkness.

Though to be fair, she had physical and magical stoneskin, so sometimes some mages really felt gaslighted, but I mean, all you gotta do is mouse over her buffs one time and then ya know. Same with Diabolos.

Though at least on Diabolos, Cait Sith has the decency to tell you.

Hardest boss in Dun Scaith is The Queen imo. Right near the end when she does the lighted up floor + Hand adds + dash to then huge circle AOE + Thirsty Souls + all the other wombo combo ***. I consider it a good Dun Scaith run if the alliance doesn't wipe to her.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-13 10:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I never actually noticed Cait Sith tells you, I just noticed if falling off at different times... having it drop off before the second tank buster once was pretty nice.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-03-13 10:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww yeah. After repeatedly forgetting to do PVP, I finally had the medals to buy her.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-13 11:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Ah the number of times people told me I was uselessly hitting Cloud of Darkness.

Though to be fair, she had physical and magical stoneskin, so sometimes some mages really felt gaslighted, but I mean, all you gotta do is mouse over her buffs one time and then ya know. Same with Diabolos.

Hardest boss in Dun Scaith is The Queen imo. Right near the end when she does the lighted up floor + Hand adds + dash to then huge circle AOE + Thirsty Souls + all the other wombo combo ***. I consider it a good Dun Scaith run if the alliance doesn't wipe to her.
Yea, it's surprising how many people refuse to mouse over buffs. That said I understand it must be far more difficult for PS4 players to check buffs like that mid-combat.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-13 11:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I never actually noticed Cait Sith tells you, I just noticed if falling off at different times... having it drop off before the second tank buster once was pretty nice.
Yeah it's right as you engage, Cait Sith is all, "All we gotta do is hit this *** really hard for a while. The shield won't last against a continuous onslaught." Cept, she says it all eloquent and ***.

Asura.Vyre said: »

Yea, it's surprising how many people refuse to mouse over buffs. That said I understand it must be far more difficult for PS4 players to check buffs like that mid-combat.
I play exclusively on PS4 :D
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-03-13 11:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20747 20748 20749 ... 22713 22714 22715