Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20429 20430 20431 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-22 10:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*note to self*

Make sure to purge RT first when getting around to world domination.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 10:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Oh, also.

Faust Z hurts, way too damn much.

Me and PLD Sunday night: "OMG WHY DOES THIS HURT?! IT HURTS SO MUCH! MAKE IT STOP!"
He's not that bad once you have cooldown rotation sorted... I think I go rampart on the pull > convo once it wears and I dip a bit > bulwark > sentinel on the double burst thingy for the cleave after > foresight + awareness > hallowed on the second double burst. Keeping halone up on him takes off a ton of damage as well if you are still sorting things out.

Some seem to completely forget they have clemency.
In defense of this times where clemency is actually going to help are pretty rare. Most of the time when I see them use it it just end up being an over heal.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 10:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Oh, also.

Faust Z hurts, way too damn much.

Me and PLD Sunday night: "OMG WHY DOES THIS HURT?! IT HURTS SO MUCH! MAKE IT STOP!"
He's not that bad once you have cooldown rotation sorted... I think I go rampart on the pull > convo once it wears and I dip a bit > bulwark > sentinel on the double burst thingy for the cleave after > foresight + awareness > hallowed on the second double burst. Keeping halone up on him takes off a ton of damage as well if you are still sorting things out.

Some seem to completely forget they have clemency.
In defense of this times where clemency is actually going to help are pretty rare. Most of the time when I see them use it it just end up being an over heal.
A lot of it goes come down to just not being able to communicate with your group in most content. I'm actually happy to hear our PLD doing the same shoutouts you did when you were going to hold yourself with Clemency for a few. I need to get better at doing that when I plan on using Equilibrium or Thrill of Battle, because sometimes I do it way too instinctually and forget to mention it.

As for Faust Z, we really do just need to figure out our cooldown rotation a little better. But after the first kill we did get much better at it. I just remember it being funny as hell cause I already was keeping Storm's Path up and suddenly BAM we're both just knocked clean off our feet and we just started shouting how much it hurt as we scrambled to make on the fly cooldown choices. XP
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-22 10:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my static for Gordias. THey were used to having very dumb tanks, that they had to like guide and tell what to do. When they got me, and couldn't push the tank around anymore/lie to them about performance so raiding got a lot less fun for the healers cause they actually had to start admitting mistakes.

Wasn't much of a problem till AS3. Fight would start shielded with regens, and then for whatever reason, the WHM just wouldn't cure at all until it turned into a hand. They shat on our DRK for like a week or two for dying for, "Not popping enough cooldowns." And that was pretty frustrating for him, cause he was wanting to be out of grit and dealing higher damage.

They rotating me to MT on WAR, and so I could muscle through the first phase with full VIT accs, Inner Beast, Equilibrium, Second Wind, and a Max Potion. They were pretty happy about that, but sometimes I'd still die due to crits or what have you. The leader, who was a Scholar, would ask me, "Why'd you die?" And I'd just say matter of factly, "I didn't get any healing outside of my own abilities."

They were the best DPS static I've been in, except for maybe current one, maybe, but they drove it very backwards. Like later in the tornado phase, "Tanks, make sure you stay away from people with the tether once you pick it up, because you will kill people if you're near them." Like no ***, sherlock, but there's 6 of you, and two of us. Honestly you should all be focused on keeping yourselves alive by not getting near us. Quite a bit easier for 6 individuals to lookout for themselves than it is for 1 person to lookout for 6. Kind of like with last boss in Weeping City. It's easier for 23 individuals to just follow her booty and not ever get slashed with haircut, than it is for the tank to try and control it, especially since in the later phase it does the haircut too fast for the tank to turn it, so he needs to have her butt facing the alliance.

But yeah, anyway, tanks are usually used to driving stuff if they're a tank main. Couple that with people hating to admit they made mistakes or are wrong about things, and it's pretty much the perfect storm for drama.
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-22 10:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend's typo has led us to Hatsune Mike

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-22 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Vicious Zvahl said: »
people hating to admit they made mistakes or are wrong about things
Um...no ***?

Who really likes admitting that they are wrong about something?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 10:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my static for Gordias. THey were used to having very dumb tanks, that they had to like guide and tell what to do. When they got me, and couldn't push the tank around anymore/lie to them about performance so raiding got a lot less fun for the healers cause they actually had to start admitting mistakes.

Wasn't much of a problem till AS3. Fight would start shielded with regens, and then for whatever reason, the WHM just wouldn't cure at all until it turned into a hand. They shat on our DRK for like a week or two for dying for, "Not popping enough cooldowns." And that was pretty frustrating for him, cause he was wanting to be out of grit and dealing higher damage.

They rotating me to MT on WAR, and so I could muscle through the first phase with full VIT accs, Inner Beast, Equilibrium, Second Wind, and a Max Potion. They were pretty happy about that, but sometimes I'd still die due to crits or what have you. The leader, who was a Scholar, would ask me, "Why'd you die?" And I'd just say matter of factly, "I didn't get any healing outside of my own abilities."

They were the best DPS static I've been in, except for maybe current one, maybe, but they drove it very backwards. Like later in the tornado phase, "Tanks, make sure you stay away from people with the tether once you pick it up, because you will kill people if you're near them." Like no ***, sherlock, but there's 6 of you, and two of us. Honestly you should all be focused on keeping yourselves alive by not getting near us. Quite a bit easier for 6 individuals to lookout for themselves than it is for 1 person to lookout for 6. Kind of like with last boss in Weeping City. It's easier for 23 individuals to just follow her booty and not ever get slashed with haircut, than it is for the tank to try and control it, especially since in the later phase it does the haircut too fast for the tank to turn it, so he needs to have her butt facing the alliance.

But yeah, anyway, tanks are usually used to driving stuff if they're a tank main. Couple that with people hating to admit they made mistakes or are wrong about things, and it's pretty much the perfect storm for drama.
I think that was one great thing about doing Savage before... I really learned that I need to admit my mistakes more often.

That said... I'm way too cocky these days. >.>;
Forum Moderator
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-22 10:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Um...no ***?

Nobody, but the more you do it, the easier it gets.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-22 10:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> I CANT FIND THIS GOBLIN AGGHH
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> which one
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> Use the /beckon emote to lead Guttrix Sliverpicks safely to the destination.
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> he should be south of the camp by the zone
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> shouldn't that be marked in red on your map?
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> I CANT FIND HIM T_T
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> HELP
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> lol
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> and how the hell do you even remember that ina
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> He'd be like î‚»Eastern Thanalan ( 11.5 , 26.6 ) if I remember right
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> I tattoo random game knowledge on my butt, that was one of them
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> Nothing here
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> you have the leve active right?
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> yes xD
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> and there isn't a green circle on your map?
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> yes
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> did you time out on the leve?
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> No...
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> You aren't flagged as having it active :x
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> ***i know what it issss
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> do you have your glasses on?
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> looooooooooooooooooooooooool
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> you need to open it in your journal and click initiate
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-22 10:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> =-=
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> =_=
[3]<Lina Mjollnir> lets not talk about that
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> uh too late
[3]<Isack Eron> lol
[3]<Kiedan Fayer> sounds like a good way to get drac to post screenshots
[3]<Raxxon Aiel> <.< >.>
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-22 10:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Um...no ***?

Nobody, but the more you do it, the easier it gets.
Yeah, well.....

You're wrong and you smell like rotten elderberries!
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 10:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Lina. XP
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 10:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

LINA! Hit Kitty with your hammer until he makes a new MSPC thread!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to get better at doing that when I plan on using Equilibrium or Thrill of Battle, because sometimes I do it way too instinctually and forget to mention it.
Equalibrium I usually just use as a fixed thing, like if I know I'm going to take a cleave unprotected or after a tank buster rather than instinctual. Thrill of Battle you generally want to use as buffer hp more than a heal, once in a while it can save you as a heal but usually you get better use as extra cushion for a buster or to be in deliverance more without the healer noticing.

As for Faust Z, we really do just need to figure out our cooldown rotation a little better. But after the first kill we did get much better at it. I just remember it being funny as hell cause I already was keeping Storm's Path up and suddenly BAM we're both just knocked clean off our feet and we just started shouting how much it hurt as we scrambled to make on the fly cooldown choices. XP
Honestly just general coverage works, war can just full deliverance so the hate stays on pld if they get shielded between cleaves which makes it a bit easier on the healers than if he ends up swapping between you. The only notable part is he cleaves right after the double bursts so you want something heavier there + healers should ignore the party and top the tanks up. Medica 2 + fairy should more or less take care of the party for him
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 10:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to get better at doing that when I plan on using Equilibrium or Thrill of Battle, because sometimes I do it way too instinctually and forget to mention it.
Equalibrium I usually just use as a fixed thing, like if I know I'm going to take a cleave unprotected or after a tank buster rather than instinctual. Thrill of Battle you generally want to use as buffer hp more than a heal, once in a while it can save you as a heal but usually you get better use as extra cushion for a buster or to be in deliverance more without the healer noticing.

Honestly just general coverage works, war can just full deliverance so the hate stays on pld if they get shielded between cleaves which makes it a bit easier on the healers than if he ends up swapping between you. The only notable part is he cleaves right after the double bursts so you want something heavier there + healers should ignore the party and top the tanks up. Medica 2 + fairy should more or less take care of the party for him
It's more for lighter stuff that I'll use Thrill as a pseudo heal. So like A11 normal when I get hit with OT tank buster I'll use Thrill if Equillibrium is down or use them together to top me off, and I'll have a bit left over and I'm like "Don't heal me, that extra hp will drop off in a sec"
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2016-12-22 10:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The WAR in my static also loves to use Equilibrium to generate a lot of hate as well since it's like popping a Cure II in hate. Nothing to scoff at~

And yeah, one of the more important (and challenging) aspect of healing is knowing when HoTs are enough and knowing when they need to layer HoTs with something else when handling AoE heals.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2016-12-22 10:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Medica 2 regen asylum gl everyone
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 10:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
The WAR in my static also loves to use Equilibrium to generate a lot of hate as well since it's like popping a Cure II in hate. Nothing to scoff at~

And yeah, one of the more important (and challenging) aspect of healing is knowing when HoTs are enough and knowing when they need to layer HoTs with something else when handling AoE heals.
This is something I'm unsure how to properly teach. XP
Our WHM is newer to healing and she's doing well, but she still has a lot of panicky Medica II -> AoE heal spam. I'm sure a lot of it will come with time and some confidence boosting/mechanic understanding.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 10:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Equilibrium is great for hate... It was awkward in A5 though because if you had the minotaur and popped it when the pigs popped they'd come all come running and wipe you. Clemency can be sorta used the same way but the cast time + being on GCD make it slower.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 10:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

She should let you die, toss just the medica 2 > wait and see if people die. If no one takes avoidable damage and everyone lives repeat a few times to make sure it wasn't just crit luck and you'll know your good. If people die take stock and see if it's better to throw the extra cure or rearrange mitigation/healing cooldowns.

Death is the great teacher in this game as long as you make sure the reason wasn't avoidable damage or blood for blood.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 11:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

She should let you die, toss just the medica 2 > wait and see if people die. If no one takes avoidable damage and everyone lives repeat a few times to make sure it wasn't just crit luck and you'll know your good. If people die take stock and see if it's better to throw the extra cure or rearrange mitigation/healing cooldowns.

Death is the great teacher in this game as long as you make sure the reason wasn't avoidable damage or blood for blood.
Death in progression is never bad. As long as you learn from it!

Just remember to shout "worth" or "IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!" as you go down.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 11:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess crits are a thing to be aware of too... I had a shive ex back at 50 where she crit me 3 times in a row for 8.5k >.> I lived but it took 2 benedictions. A11 is pretty nasty with his crits too. I'll be all "doo dee doo everything is going wel- oh god 10k auto attack oh god another"
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-22 11:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess crits are a thing to be aware of too... I had a shive ex back at 50 where she crit me 3 times in a row for 8.5k >.> I lived but it took 2 benedictions. A11 is pretty nasty with his crits too. I'll be all "doo dee doo everything is going wel- oh god 10k auto attack oh god another"
Crits are so weird...

"Everything in this fight is totally predictable, you've got this down... OH GOT THE PAIN WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! I USED THE COOLDOWNS I DID THE THINGS WHY ARE YOU MURDERING MY FACE?!"
Forum Moderator
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-22 11:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you wish I was on a shorter cooldown, don't you? Mwahahaha!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2016-12-22 11:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Crit on my healer! =D *1000+ Crit SCH reporting in!*

But yeah, death is a good metric. Also understanding the fight script as a whole. XIV revolves around a very specific script with little deviations (IE, you know this mechanic is coming but WHO it targets is a mystery).

From a healer stand point, knowing when the raid busters are going to occur and how hard they hit for is very important. IE in A9S, you can generally get away with just using a single Medica II on each acid rain with the only exception being when Full Metal Faust is out because the Acid Rain is followed up with Faust going "HAI GAIZ! *EXPLODES FOR MORE*"
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 11:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If I don't pop it during the spread out Optical sights sometimes I just kinda die :x
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-22 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-22 11:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If I don't pop it during the spread out Optical sights sometimes I just kinda die :x
Sometimes I kill you there anyway though.
By Faelar 2016-12-22 11:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just given 8 long boxes (like the one pictured below) full of comics as a Christmas gift...we're estimating it's probably $10,000 worth of stuff in here. Most of it is in Mint condition and in plastic sleeves.... O_o

There's loads of X-Men, Spawn, Neil Gaiman's Books of Magic, some Action Comics, Justice League of America, Angelus, Purgatori, all kinds of stuff. It's going to be awesome going through it and cataloging it all later!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 11:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I kill you there anyway though.
I could hallowed to survive but I always trust you are going to move away... One day I'll learn.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20429 20430 20431 ... 22718 22719 22720