Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19506 19507 19508 ... 22711 22712 22713

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-15 07:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
when did we get a discord channel? o.0
I was a VIP when we got it...so like, last November-ish?
I am the queen of this discord chat.
feel my wraith
No. You are being a poo poo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 07:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

Finally got the adapter for this so I could hook it up and see it it works... it does! The pen is jacked though, hoping to find a way to make the one from my Intuos work with it.

Do you need a copy of M$ office sir?
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-15 07:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Do you need a copy of M$ office sir?
Naw, I'm converted to Google Docs already.

Also in the world of a tech today:

If you are a human being who uses a Windows based machine for any reason, work, fun, whatever, you should know the second Tuesday of every month is a patch day. That means your *** needs to not rely on a server doing updates overnight, you need to get your lazy shitass to your computer 30 minutes early to run updates just in case something with your update servers borked. My sympathy in this regard is extremely minimal.

That being said I have gotten like 20 calls today because our updates didn't all happen overnight and now people are running into them at now o'clock.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 07:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, if I were running a WSUS I wouldn't have any M$ stuff autopush when they push theirs, I'd individually research and test each one before pushing house wide.

But I'm insane, so...
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-15 07:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I am the queen of this discord chat.
feel my wraith
No. You are being a poo poo.
thats what i do best.
being a poo...
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-15 07:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, if I were running a WSUS I wouldn't have any M$ stuff autopush when they push theirs, I'd individually research and test each one before pushing house wide.

But I'm insane, so...

I honestly don't think our WSUS is configured correctly at this point (feels like about 1 month ago we had the Windows 10 upgrade panic). I think our PLAN though is that we do security updates only, and the other stuff does get reviewed.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 07:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

But I'm insane, so...

I honestly don't think our WSUS is configured correctly at this point (feels like about 1 month ago we had the Windows 10 upgrade panic). I think our PLAN though is that we do security updates only, and the other stuff does get reviewed.

From the sounds of it, it isn't.

Using SCCM as well?
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-15 07:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But I'm insane, so...

Using SCCM as well?

I think they are, but none of that is really stuff I touch (I'm still a level 1 tech). Me, I just say I will let someone know and continue loading desktops onto this cart so I can move us into our much smaller office.
By Yatenkou 2016-06-15 07:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

But I'm insane, so...

Using SCCM as well?

I love SCCM....when it works.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-15 08:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the big problem with these schools (maybe the same everywhere) is there really is no planning or testing.

Even when there is planning, it doesn't matter. We ordered 300+ chromebooks and were told to have them ready in August. The school only ordered the hardware, no licenses. I started inventorying them and putting them in carts. Once someone saw they were in carts we were suddenly told to get them licensed and have 150 ready to go by the first week of June.

Another district I know of order 50 $15,000 touch screen giant monitors to replace their interactive whiteboard/projectors. These run on android OS, which hardly anyone is familiar with, no one measured rooms. No one questioned how the teachers will use current computers along with them, how to make data available to both the local machines and the android OS built into the display...

Oh and, upgrade us to Windows 10 this summer, don't care if anyone likes it or just got used to 8 or that 7 is still better/supported.

I hate that we are not actually system administrators here, we are just "support" staff, so we get NO say in how things like that go down.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 08:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

much smaller office.
/comfort

Yatenkou said: »
when it works.

That is the downside but hey.
By Kittykite 2016-06-15 09:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am the Mary Poppins of this discord chat.
feel my wraith
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-15 09:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-06-15 09:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

much smaller office.
/comfort

when it works.

That is the downside but hey.

When I used to work for my uni's IT group, we tried time and time again to get SCCM to work, but every time it tried to do automatic windows updates (As we use deep freeze) boot loops! And I had to go in and fix everything!

Basically, I hated SCCM
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 09:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well deep freeze is annoying, so yeah.
By Yatenkou 2016-06-15 09:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well deep freeze is annoying, so yeah.

I mean I get that it's really needed where I live since students have the computer IQ of an empty roll of toilet paper.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-15 09:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I love some of the end of the year tickets that come in.

"Over the summer can you remount my projector, it has been too low all year and kids can't see it well."

Why didn't you say anything all year? We could have easily adjusted it to fit the screen. -_-
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 09:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it has it's perks, but as it's so invasive getting it to work with automatic updates and everything can be a real pain.

Then there's implementation, and hoping the person who set it up isn't a moron, or actually cares about their work, which is often not the case.
By Yatenkou 2016-06-15 09:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I love some of the end of the year tickets that come in.

"Over the summer can you remount my projector, it has been too low all year and kids can't see it well."

Why didn't you say anything all year? We could have easily adjusted it to fit the screen. -_-

Oh my personal favorites are when the science department went in like "Hey we've had an issue with this projector, about 5 days ago it stopped working and we don't know what the problem is we tried several different things and nothing is working

Turns out the problem was they didn't hit duplicate on the desktop.

They're not supposed to touch equipment that isn't theirs, and I've wanted to smack one of the science department people in particular forever. But thankfully I don't work IT at that school anymore.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-06-15 09:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cooler confirmed.
Tail-less Frieza confirmed.
Namek explodes in "5 minutes" confirmed.

Also
>Conton City will be 7x bigger than Tokitoki City
>players can't fly at first; you have to earn that ability as you level up (no news on whether this is in-battle too, or just in the city)
>players that can't fly can use hoverboards to get around faster
>there are some kind of "schools" in the city (likely there to replace/add to the mentor system)
>more local multiplayer options (finally you can fight somewhere other than the tournament stage)
>each playable race has different rewards for each mission
>60 fps across all platforms
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 09:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tail looks a good bit too long.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 09:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-15 09:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

$6 Shirts customer service pretty much told me to pay more for shipping next time if I want it in a timely manner...

Edit I thought you lived in NJ I was going to start a gofundme for you to get the hell out of NJ !
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-06-15 10:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tail looks a good bit too long.
Looks fine to me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-15 10:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he meant when the tail was cut off
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-15 10:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've wanted to smack one of the science department people in particular forever. But thankfully I don't work IT at that school anymore.

then you should drive back there at once and give him a full force open palm slap right upside his head...

it's the only way that you'll have closure...

if your ninja skills are rusty just don't forget to give your mom some cash to make your bail...
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-06-15 10:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I think he meant when the tail was cut off
Yeah, it's likely to do with not having to make a new moveset for a minor cosmetic change. Frieza uses his tail in some of his combos iirc.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-15 10:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

... That feeling when you find out they extended the brave exvius maint by 4 hours.
RIP
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19506 19507 19508 ... 22711 22712 22713