Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17321 17322 17323 ... 22710 22711 22712
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-11 19:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember getting credit card numbers off of AOL and trying to order stuff from catalogs. It never worked, but the funniest one I remember is trying to order 20 of some $500-600 pager at the time and acting like it was all normal.

By junior year of high school I got my first credit card though and would buy and sell baseball cards. On top of many other business ventures I had, but those can date back to elementary school.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-11 19:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I grew up on Simpsons Daria Beavis and Butthead Ren and Stimpy MTV videos Howard Stern. Pretty much everything I wasn't supposed to watch.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Terraka said: »

I always loved both English and Math, I wanted to Art but I wasn't good at it. I got ok at it through pure determination though. In College almost all my electives were English based, World Lit I and II were awesome.

I loved English, Science and History. I took classes like Environmental Science and Forensic Science, my school didn't have many extra "fun" history classes, but I still enjoyed it.

I find it weird though because Science and Math usually go hand in hand, right? So one would think that if you're good in one, you'd be good in the other, wrong lol.
I hated history until about 7 years ago I've been catching up since then, I thought it was a bunch of memorization and dates and who cares about that. Boy was I wrong, the human condition and all you need to write a convincing novel for one are buried in the pages of history. You learn a lot about humanity and yourself. I love history now.

Science and Math often go hand in hand but there's things like theoretical physics classes that leave out the math just so more people will get into it, so I understand. I started doing math mostly because I found I was good at it from an early age. Unlike everything else it has a finite set of answers and once you understand it, it's easy. I also found English easy b/c I tended to have opinions on everything and a lot of it is essay writing. I also enjoy stories.

See, I'm just terrible with math, just barely passed by the skin of my teeth during school. Once we hit pre-algebra and algebra I developed that "when am I ever going to need this in life" mentality, at that time I was interested in becoming an English teacher, so why does an English teacher need to know about the square root of such and such number or the Pythagorean Theory?

Bye bye! Enjoy your night! :D
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-11 19:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm peeing on the sit give me a raise !
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-11 19:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

why does an English teacher need to know about the square root of such and such number or the Pythagorean Theory?
Because of this: "Hey mister, do you know anything about math? I'm stuck on a problem and could really use your help."

"Nope."
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'm peeing on the sit give me a raise !
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
why does an English teacher need to know about the square root of such and such number or the Pythagorean Theory?
Because of this: "Hey mister, do you know anything about math? I'm stuck on a problem and could really use your help."

"Nope."

"Why don't you go and ask the nice Algebra teacher down the hall? I'm sure he'll know more about it than I would. You see, I just have a degree in English." lol

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-11 19:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

"Nope."

"Why don't you go and ask the nice Algebra teacher down the hall? I'm sure he'll know more about it than I would. You see, I just have a degree in English." lol
And then you'll get this:

Math Teacher: "... and then after you combine those two, you'll get a r-"

/door slams open

Student: "MISTER **** DOWN THE HALL SAID I COULD TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY HOMEWORK"

Math Teacher: flabbergasted

This has happened to me.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"Nope."

And then you'll get this:

Math Teacher: "... and then after you combine those two, you'll get a r-"

/door slams open

Student: "MISTER **** DOWN THE HALL SAID I COULD TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY HOMEWORK"

Math Teacher: flabbergasted

This has happened to me.

Oh my goodness, seriously? Geez, you must be a popular teacher lol.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-11 19:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, the stories I could tell you. And this is only the end of my first year! Nine more days to go...
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-05-11 19:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated history until about 7 years ago I've been catching up since then, I thought it was a bunch of memorization and dates and who cares about that. Boy was I wrong, the human condition and all you need to write a convincing novel for one are buried in the pages of history. You learn a lot about humanity and yourself. I love history now.

Science and Math often go hand in hand but there's things like theoretical physics classes that leave out the math just so more people will get into it, so I understand. I started doing math mostly because I found I was good at it from an early age. Unlike everything else it has a finite set of answers and once you understand it, it's easy. I also found English easy b/c I tended to have opinions on everything and a lot of it is essay writing. I also enjoy stories.
Math is the only thing that makes sense. But that's just my opinion.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, the stories I could tell you. And this is only the end of my first year! Nine more days to go...

YouTube Video Placeholder

Life of a teacher? Not just a collage professor? lol
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-05-11 19:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

still the best (my opinion ...) boss fight in a game that I have played lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 20:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He's probably the only rapper I listen to and I love him!! lol
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-11 20:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »

still the best (my opinion ...) boss fight in a game that I have played lol.
Psycho Mantis. Coolest boss ever for me.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2015-05-11 21:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Wordspoken 2015-05-11 22:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Recorded my AR2 run today. Apparently youtube isn't filled with those videos, funny that. It's 2015, we should have loads of videos of any runs, shouldn't we? I'm having trouble recording sound, think I need to edit this video (1GB size yikes) if I'm to put it anywhere.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-11 23:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi, how many times do I have to tell you to put your cell phone away and sit down?!

That's a detention.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-12 00:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

detention

You guys still do that? lol
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-12 00:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I don't really have another option. We can't really cane them, anymore.

"Stop doing that or... or I'll... ah, *** it. Just do what you want."
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17321 17322 17323 ... 22710 22711 22712