Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17082 17083 17084 ... 22713 22714 22715
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 10:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The dungeons themselves aren't so bad, it's the dumbasses you get stuck with going full potato on you.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-16 11:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only dungeons I truly hate are Dzemael, Aurum Vale, and Sastasha HM because of how much hp the last boss has. I'd rather fight a ton of trash with low HP bosses than less trash and high HP bosses :|
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 11:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a brd yelling at me to goad him, because he's too *** stupid to Paeon himself, and notice that I'm spamming monk combos.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-04-16 11:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I always though the roulette part of the duty roulette was. It's not a gamble of which dungeon you'll get, It's a gamble of if you'll get competent players or not.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 11:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a lot of trouble with Aurum Vale, in like... Ever. Well, maybe my first time through, but that was a long *** time ago.

Dzemael Darkhold, yeah that one's a ***.

As for Sastasha HM, it wasn't my favorite dungeon either. They recycled the piss out of that one and Captain Madigan or w/e his name was.
By Darkalenia 2015-04-16 11:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Allyha Kiade said: »
That's what I always though the roulette part of the duty roulette was. It's not a gamble of which dungeon you'll get, It's a gamble of if you'll get competent players or not.

^ THIS THIS THIS

I never minded teaching people new to the dungeon how to do it or boss tactics, but it's those that knew but didnt do it or were just elitist *** that got on my nerves.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 11:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is generally true, although the worst players I seem to see end up being the tanks. I've had to pick up the slack more often with tanking and tossing up Fist of the Earth, than I ever had to with DPS because they can't dodge obvious attacks that take a long time to go off
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, more bacon sammiches for breakfast, and now I'm out of bacon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-16 11:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish we could go into the dungeon areas but with regular mobs, have them connected to the open world
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-16 11:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, keeper of the lake is the real gamble, people dodging on the last boss and the tank not chasing the gunship through the flames. I hate that one. There's also the tanks who will pull the first groups all together and not have the gear to survive it. I've seen PLDs at full health pull and die before I can even cast a cure.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-16 11:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »

^ THIS THIS THIS

I never minded teaching people new to the dungeon how to do it or boss tactics, but it's those that knew but didnt do it or were just elitist *** that got on my nerves.
You don't even play XIV.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-16 11:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeper of the Lake is my least favorite dungeon, I forgot that one

Those bosses are just horrible and take forever with bad people
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-04-16 11:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why I like playing healer.. you can carry a bad group much easier playing healer than you can a dps or tank. Tank less so but still.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the dungeons I need to do for my Zodiac stage, I also get to recoup my gil loss for doing my Alexandrite infusions and re-infusions to fix it... YIPPEE!

And of course, the prices of the materia would drop after I finish -.-

Which I then get to spend on buying items from vendors for all 4 quest lines.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-16 11:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually go BLM for expert now so we get some kind of aoe damage
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-16 11:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

The Son of the Keeper at the beginning, I'm convinced is put there to let everyone know what kind of run it's going to be.
Server: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-04-16 11:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost always heal for roulettes, because I'm geared enough I can usually over cure and compensate for tanks stupidity. On more than one occasion I had a monk pulling all hate and just started curing them instead.

Tank raged and left when he realised he couldn't keep hate. Though the monk having full i130 dreadwyrm h2h etc. really gave him an advantage in the enmity department.
By Darkalenia 2015-04-16 11:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

You don't even play XIV.

Past tense.

READING IS HARD
COMPREHENSION IS HARD
HERP DERP

:P
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-16 11:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't need to be getting into Hearthstone again v.v
Resist! FIGHT THE URGES!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-04-16 11:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, keeper of the lake is the real gamble, people dodging on the last boss and the tank not chasing the gunship through the flames. I hate that one. There's also the tanks who will pull the first groups all together and not have the gear to survive it. I've seen PLDs at full health pull and die before I can even cast a cure.

Yeesh... Really not looking forward to that now. :s
Guess the best I can hope for is I don't get any problems during the bosses.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-16 11:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

READING IS HARD
COMPREHENSION IS HARD
HERP DERP
Looks like quoting is too.

EDIT: Aww, you fixed it.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-16 11:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »

Your best hope is to let us help you. lol Easier if you have someone reminding you stuff through Skype, harder if Dameion is forgetting the things as soon as he is reminded. =)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-16 11:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Took a while to load into 14 lol, made the house look like this

Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-16 11:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your best hope is to let us help you. lol Easier if you have someone reminding you stuff through Skype, harder if Dameion is forgetting the things as soon as he is reminded. =)
This.

Bring us!
Or them...

Cause apparently I'm never around to help people. ;.;
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 11:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Snowcloak and Keeper of the Lake are my favorite dungeons by far, but there's little to no point in doing Snowcloak anymore.

My Keeper of the Lake runs, while some have been absolutely horrid, I like the zone itself in comparison to Amdapor Keep HM and Wanderer's Palace HM.

My experiences with all 3 expert level dungeons, Amdapor Keep is the one where people *** up the hardest, and most often.

I've had to save the LB to use on the Roegadyne mage thingy because the other DPS/Tank don't give a ***about it, or it's special ability. At this point I see people wiping constantly, leaving, abandoning duty, and cursing the gimps. Then there's the jester where the DPS/Tank don't bother breaking the big slimes (small slimes I don't give a ***about since they can be broken internally), causing a wipe if the tank or healer gets caught in one, or not killing the slimes when he does his encroaching floor AoE. Hell, I've had a bard actually sit in the middle of the aeherial scythe ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-16 11:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Snowcloak and Keeper of the Lake are my favorite dungeons by far, but there's little to no point in doing Snowcloak anymore.

My Keeper of the Lake runs, while some have been absolutely horrid, I like the zone itself in comparison to Amdapor Keep HM and Wanderer's Palace HM.

My experiences with all 3 expert level dungeons, Amdapor Keep is the one where people *** up the hardest, and most often.

I've had to save the LB to use on the Roegadyne mage thingy because the other DPS/Tank don't give a ***about it, or it's special ability. At this point I see people wiping constantly, leaving, abandoning duty, and cursing the gimps. Then there's the jester where the DPS/Tank don't bother breaking the big slimes (small slimes I don't give a ***about since they can be broken internally), causing a wipe if the tank or healer gets caught in one, or not killing the slimes when he does his encroaching floor AoE. Hell, I've had a bard actually sit in the middle of the aeherial scythe ***.
I sat in that scythe once...

Was too busy bullshitting with friends over Skype, I even remember saying "ooo look at the pretty scythe" as I sat there.

Note: Do not randomly burst into distracting improv songs while fighting a boss. >.>;
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-04-16 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Remembering stuff isn't the problem; it's that I'm pretty sure I still haven't fixed my fps/lag issues. Dodging isn't quite as easy when I drop to 5fps. :x
First Fenrir I did perfectly, but when I started getting fps drops I died like three times in one fight.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-16 11:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeper of the Lake is actually pretty easy, and so are the bosses. But like Drac said, it can suck and seem pretty slow if people suck. You can tell new people what to do very easily, and they'll do it fairly well.

Dodging shouldn't be an issue for people this late in the game, or for these kinds of dungeons, even if they've been carried from level 1 to 135 in gear.
By Darkalenia 2015-04-16 11:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Read a comment for this video...copy/pasted it in the spoiler below, actually kind of interesting.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-16 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Took a while to load into 14 lol, made the house look like this

First Page 2 3 ... 17082 17083 17084 ... 22713 22714 22715