Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16710 16711 16712 ... 22710 22711 22712
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I don't understand how people start fires while cooking with oil. I've been deep frying stuff since I was a kid. Not one fire ever. The worst that ever happened was I went to heat up a pot oil and forgot about it and started to smoke, but no fire. Take the pot off the stove and let it cool, make sure to never forgot about hot oil again. Lessen learned.

Electric stoves, gas stoves, doesn't matter.
What's really funny, is seeing someone burn water. I've witnessed my sister manage to do it.

As far as cooking with oil, it's pretty common to hear about it happening, and one of the reasons why there's an oil fire safety procedure and even extinguishers that cover grease/oil, electrical, and other (currently to steamed off to remember it atm)
Oh yeah I know it happens a lot in big kitchens and especially with grease, but at home with a normal stove? I heard someone the other day tell a story about cooking french fries and one drop of oil spit out and started a fire. Made me think to myself, how are they doing it? I've never had that happen and I used to fry all the things back in the day.

Deep fried large pretzels are fantastic btw.
Yes, yes they are. Anyways, it kind of depends on the oil, and the temperature of the coil element on an electric stove.

I've never witnessed it, hope to never witness it (although dirty oil/grease can become combustible rather quick), I also have to wonder how the *** they manage to live without cooking.
It's funny how in the U.S. it's all vegetable and canola oil (there corn too, but that tastes disgusting imo), here the only oil they use in sunflower oil. I like it. Had to try frying with sunflower oil a few times. In the U.S. sunflower oil general isn't sold in large amount like the others and is expensive.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-11 11:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!
YouTube Video Placeholder

quoted cause paged
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-11 11:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

*** it, I give up on people.

No more compassion, no more reasoning with people who decide child abuse, let alone public abuse of a child in front of others. No more citing laws as they pertain to the situation, no more being made a spectacle of by people who are so... indifferent to those kinds of things.

If any of those people ever cry foul when their kids are suffering that kind of abuse to the point their kid dies, I will simply point and *** laugh at them, and show them their stances that it's not child abuse because *they* said it wasn't.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-11 11:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand how people start fires while cooking with oil. I've been deep frying stuff since I was a kid. Not one fire ever. The worst that ever happened was I went to heat up a pot oil and forgot about it and started to smoke, but no fire. Take the pot off the stove and let it cool, make sure to never forgot about hot oil again. Lessen learned.

Electric stoves, gas stoves, doesn't matter.
What's really funny, is seeing someone burn water. I've witnessed my sister manage to do it.

As far as cooking with oil, it's pretty common to hear about it happening, and one of the reasons why there's an oil fire safety procedure and even extinguishers that cover grease/oil, electrical, and other (currently to steamed off to remember it atm)
Oh yeah I know it happens a lot in big kitchens and especially with grease, but at home with a normal stove? I heard someone the other day tell a story about cooking french fries and one drop of oil spit out and started a fire. Made me think to myself, how are they doing it? I've never had that happen and I used to fry all the things back in the day.

Deep fried large pretzels are fantastic btw.
Yes, yes they are. Anyways, it kind of depends on the oil, and the temperature of the coil element on an electric stove.

I've never witnessed it, hope to never witness it (although dirty oil/grease can become combustible rather quick), I also have to wonder how the *** they manage to live without cooking.
It's funny how in the U.S. it's all vegetable and canola oil (there corn too, but that tastes disgusting imo), here the only oil they use in sunflower oil. I like it. Had to try frying with sunflower oil a few times. In the U.S. sunflower oil general isn't sold in large amount like the others and is expensive.
Canada has a wide variety of cooking oil, sunflower included.

Personally, the best kind I've experienced was sunflower oil for deep frying. A much cleaner flavor comes out from the fried product in my experience.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think sunflower oil is a regional thing, idk. I never saw it on the East Coast other than little tiny bottles that were way overpriced.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think olive oil and sunflower oil are supposed to be the healthiest ones to use.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-11 11:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Olive Oil and Sunflower Oil are marked as the healthiest, but for different reasons.

Olive oil is great for pan-frying certain foods like meat, fish, etc., but I think Sunflower is better for fried vegetables.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
Personally, the best kind I've experienced was sunflower oil for deep frying. A much cleaner flavor comes out from the fried product in my experience.
I use grapeseed oil for deep frying, it's healthier and has a more pure/clean taste.

it's a bit more money though so most restaurants don't bother.
Never even heard of that one.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-11 11:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
I use grapeseed oil for deep frying, it's healthier and has a more pure/clean taste.

it's a bit more money though so most restaurants don't bother.
It's also not even remotely cost effective, even in terms of being healthy.

most places prefer clean sunflower oil or vegetable oil, because of the amount needed for deepfrying.

I would say that grapeseed oil is better for private use than use in a restaurant.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Olive Oil and Sunflower Oil are marked as the healthiest, but for different reasons.

Olive oil is great for pan-frying certain foods like meat, fish, etc., but I think Sunflower is better for fried vegetables.
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of pan-frying, but I know ppl who have and they love olive oil for it.

So far I've only done french fries and breaded fish in sunflower oil. Definitely have to try getting some fresh chicken, bread it, and see how that tastes.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-03-11 11:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

*** it, I give up on people.

No more compassion, no more reasoning with people who decide child abuse, let alone public abuse of a child in front of others. No more citing laws as they pertain to the situation, no more being made a spectacle of by people who are so... indifferent to those kinds of things.

If any of those people ever cry foul when their kids are suffering that kind of abuse to the point their kid dies, I will simply point and *** laugh at them, and show them their stances that it's not child abuse because *they* said it wasn't.
I'm glad I didn't check out that thread then.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-11 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I prefer baked breaded chicken products. So much better than deep frying, and less of a mess (in theory).

I loved to cook for others, and being in control of the line of a restaurant, making sure quality was sent out.

Granted, when I was training, I sent out my fair share of over and undercooked stuff, which I corrected immediately. Mostly overcooked.

I can't stress how important it is to new cooks to observe and practice safe cooking. If not for your customers, than for yourself.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2015-03-11 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Grill everything.
Every. Single. Thing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-11 11:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!

quoted cause paged
ffffff that was a great battle!
//hyped
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said: »
Grill everything.
Every. Single. Thing.
I've been on a huge baking kick for the past 3-4 years now. Although the grilled chicken over here is beyond mouth watering.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-11 11:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a decent bbq, and the balcony on my apartment blows ***, so I can't even put a decent one on there.

Although, I've wanted to see someone grill rice.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-11 11:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-11 11:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat moment when you're in class but your mind is going to unspeakable places.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
I dont even bother buying steaks in the winter, because cooking them on the bbq in the backyard is worlds above any indoor winter *** lol
Grilling steaks in the backyard during winter sounds like fun. Probably need a few beers though, lol.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2015-03-11 11:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont even bother buying steaks in the winter, because cooking them on the bbq in the backyard is worlds above any indoor winter *** lol
I don't have a grill anymore. I go to my friends just to use his grill.
Or I use a cast iron grill pan.
close enough.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
So the usual for you?
By Bloodrose 2015-03-11 11:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

close enough.

So the usual for you?
Quit being a weenie and get a George Foremen! "The grease goes straight into my mouth from the grease tray!"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-11 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap. I forgot about the Foreman. Brilliant invention. I used to make hot dogs on the smaller one.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2015-03-11 11:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

close enough.

So the usual for you?
Quit being a weenie and get a George Foremen! "The grease goes straight into my mouth from the grease tray!"
A nice cast iron pan and maybe 3-5 minutes in the oven to get the inside done is way better than a Foreman. Tbh it may be better than an actual grill.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16710 16711 16712 ... 22710 22711 22712