Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15197 15198 15199 ... 22714 22715 22716
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 10:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ambivelent toward cats. Kittens are adorable, but grown cats are hit-and-miss. They're just not nearly as personable as dogs in most cases.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-08 11:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody ever really owns a cat, you just accommodate them, they come and go as they please and give you the cold shoulder if you don't have anything nice to give them.

Dogs tend to be loyal and playful, they show that they care, some will even defend their owners and property.

Because of this Dogs win in my book.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dogs are a lot more work and cats can be good too. It's just that owning a dog is a lot more of an investment.

Honesly, I know very few people who properly train their dogs. Their dogs aren't mean, and often are quite friendly, but really training dogs is a lot of work. Which is why I don't have one right now. I don't have the time or space to give him/her what they need.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-08-08 11:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 11:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

Chances are it was a human's (not the boy's, probably) fault the dog was there in the first place, in a state to do that.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-08 11:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just love how that cat comes out all ninja-like and shoulder tackles the dog in the face.
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-08-08 11:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-08 12:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this, and couldn't help but go "WTF"

Diner charges "Minimum Wage Fee"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-08 12:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

That will work out well.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-08 12:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like they increased their menu item prices, (but most of it is still under $10.00), and still added a 35cent "Minimum Wage Fee" to "protect their business and their employees"
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 12:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like they increased their menu item prices, (but most of it is still under $10.00), and still added a 35cent "Minimum Wage Fee" to "protect their business and their employees"

Yeah. 35 cents? Increase the price of a couple common items by 50 cents. By charge a "minimum wage fee" of a negligible amount they're just trying to make a political statement, one that specifically indicates exactly what they think of their employees.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-08 12:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

35 cents isn't a lot, I'd pay that
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 12:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The question is: is that even legal? Inserting it and adjusting the price of your menu items is one thing, but charging it outright?

edit: they need to get rid of the "waitresses make less" ***too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-08 12:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When you already increase the cost of doing business by charging more on the menu, then adding a 35 cent "minimum wage fee" (which, I think is actually illegal, not to sure on this one, since it seems kind of new to me), it kind of gives your business a bad rep.

But then again, these owners might actually charge a "Bad reputation fee" from anyone dumb enough to set foot in that establishment, just to, you know, protect themselves from going under, by pinching pennies, instead of finding ways to increase revenue, such as promotional events, that bring in more customers.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-08 12:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

***, when the ACA went active, and businesses were forced to comply, Papa Johns decided, instead of adding a dollar to the price of their pizza (which many would have rather have paid, instead of the political *** he touted, to which he only needed to charge 11c per pizza to cover his employees), he went on a political rampage by cutting employee hours, and employees... or something like that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 12:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When you already increase the cost of doing business by charging more on the menu, then adding a 35 cent "minimum wage fee" (which, I think is actually illegal, not to sure on this one, since it seems kind of new to me), it kind of gives your business a bad rep.

But then again, these owners might actually charge a "Bad reputation fee" from anyone dumb enough to set foot in that establishment, just to, you know, protect themselves from going under, by pinching pennies, instead of finding ways to increase revenue, such as promotional events, that bring in more customers.

*shrug* assuming it's a private business, *** 'em and hope they fail. Food probably isn't that good anyhow, or they'd have enough customers that this wouldn't be an issue.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 12:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of those are franchised iirc, and yeah, it adds one more reason I don't go there, aside from it being severely overrated pizza, and expensive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 12:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
A lot of those are franchised iirc, and yeah, it adds one more reason I don't go there, aside from it being severely overrated pizza, and expensive.

It used to be cheap AND delicious. Somewhere around 2003 they changed everything about their pizza and it just wasn't that great anymore...and it cost more.

But when my wife started college and I used to go visit her, we could get a takeout large cheese pizza for $5 and it was freaking great.

NOSTALGIA.

DAMN YOU PAPA JOHN'S.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 12:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe people will eat that Little Caesars ***they call pizza, I don't give a *** how cheap it is.

I love pizza, and I can't even eat more than a slice or so when I'm hungry, have to choke it down.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-08 13:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, the article says that most businesses would just increase their prices, but this restaurant looks like they are just adding the fee instead of raising the price.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-08 13:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The question is: is that even legal? Inserting it and adjusting the price of your menu items is one thing, but charging it outright?

edit: they need to get rid of the "waitresses make less" ***too.
It is legal, nothing is stopping restaurants from charging fees in association with governmental policy.

If people sue because of this fee, then they would have to sue for sales taxes that are added to the price too....
By fractalvoid 2014-08-08 13:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

just... why...
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-08-08 13:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread needs some gundams up in hur
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-08 13:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some bad times, I hate when there's even 1 empty hour, can't imagine a day where I'd have to go back 9 hours later lol.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 13:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fractal, is that a vccs institution?
By fractalvoid 2014-08-08 13:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind a small break really, but fuuuuck. At least my psych classes will be awesome... but the other two I had to take for degree requirements will be a snoozefest.

Last semester I just got too lucky with my schedule so I'll deal with this bs for now... just gotta figure if I really wanna ride my bike to/from campus twice a day, or just ride in the morning and then drive later lol. I don't think there's any way I could stay on campus for the entire duration of that gap

@Jet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stony_Brook_University
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-08 13:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

It used to be cheap AND delicious. Somewhere around 2003 they changed everything about their pizza and it just wasn't that great anymore...and it cost more.

But when my wife started college and I used to go visit her, we could get a takeout large cheese pizza for $5 and it was freaking great.

NOSTALGIA.

DAMN YOU PAPA JOHN'S.
I'm not fond of Papa John's, not so much the brand or the product, but the guy. I remember him jumping up to make some political statement against the ACA which indicated he was full of ***, on top of that Camaros are nice, but I'm more of a Mustang fan.

FoMoCo, ***!

We have pizza places here called CiCi's. They used to have good pizza until they started pumping out ***like cheeseburger pizza, mac & cheese pizza, and bbq chicken pizza. The latter I admit is good.

I prefer the NY style places, 1 pizza for the whole family. :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 13:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe people will eat that Little Caesars ***they call pizza, I don't give a *** how cheap it is.

I love pizza, and I can't even eat more than a slice or so when I'm hungry, have to choke it down.

I won't eat LC just because I refuse to finance the *** Detroit Red Wings.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 13:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a cici's here, and idk if it's my memory or has buffet pizza always been that small and lower quality? (sometimes it's ok, but them, Pizza Hut and Mr. Gatti's all went down hill imo).
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 13:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

NOSTALGIA.

DAMN YOU PAPA JOHN'S.
I'm not fond of Papa John's, not so much the brand or the product, but the guy. I remember him jumping up to make some political statement against the ACA which indicated he was full of ***, on top of that Camaros are nice, but I'm more of a Mustang fan.

FoMoCo, ***!

We have pizza places here called CiCi's. They used to have good pizza until they started pumping out ***like cheeseburger pizza, mac & cheese pizza, and bbq chicked pizza. The latter I admit is good.

I prefer the NY style places, 1 pizza for the whole family. :)

Yeah. The actual guy is sort of a sleezy douche. But I didn't know that at 17. I knew his pizza was good and I was spending a weekend with my in-college girlfriend.

So the great memories are there with his pizza.

I'm a bit of a pizza snob. There's no pizza in this town I really love, and there are like 20 Italian restaurants in my town ~8500.

I like almost-NY style. There's a private place in my home town that makes perfect pizza. I've found it a few other places too. NY-style is just a liiiiiitle too thin. I need to be able to pick it up without it being completely floppy. But too thick and it gets too chewy.

And most places use sauce that's too sweet. That's happened within the past 10 years or so, and was one of the changes PJ's made.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15197 15198 15199 ... 22714 22715 22716