Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 11104 11105 11106 ... 22710 22711 22712
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-04-07 11:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
that looks horrible, like they trolled someone and put a raw egg scrambled up, in the middle of his burger lol

or it's the end of a used condom /cringe
Woah, your mind comes up with some really messed up scenarios, man. Maybe there's a little creative writer in you begging to come out?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-07 12:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If Jos wrote a book I'd read it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-04-07 12:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do enjoy writing yeah, seeing how much imagination I can bring out of others but no real talent most likely.

How are you today senor?
Lies and deceit. I've never been one to accept the "no talent" argument. If you want to do it badly enough, you can do it. Human beings are adaptable creatures.

I'm alright. I have to do some homework today, but I'm feeling kinda lazy so I figure I'll play some Bioshock Infinite until after lunch, then hit the books hard.

How are you, monsieur?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-07 12:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Book abuser
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-07 12:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
*Writes a "100 reasons why canada sucks" book for ina* : p
My favourite is the law about not dragging a dead horse down Young st on Sunday... What if I feel like dragging a dead horse down Young st today D:
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-04-07 12:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Book abuser
They know what they did.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-07 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Book abuser
I dog ear as long as it's a book I own... I've been told there is a special circle of hell just for me.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-04-07 12:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That was the most deceitiest yeah. Didn't know you were a bioshock fan though, noice.

What topic for today's work? I'm decent, much better day than most today
Love me some FPSes, and I especially enjoy the Bioshock series because they actually concentrate more on the plot and less on the action. Like I'm on the edge of my seat via the brilliant writing and just the overall feel of the game. Plus, the environment of Columbia is just addictive, and I can watch it evolve before my eyes.

Glad to see you're doing good, broder.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-04-07 12:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I know if my hard drive is failing, or if it's a different cause? I'm 99% sure it's my HD, just want to make sure before I buy anything.

Computer can freeze at any time, doesn't matter if it just started up or if it's been on for 12+ hours. It can freeze in safe mode, and when it freezes it doesn't come back. The disk light stops completely, and recently the laptop has failed to start up at all. You can hear the HD move twice, but the screen doesn't light up and you have to press the power button and do it again.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-07 12:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Strange Noises

Sometimes hearing strange grinding and thrashing noises means your drive is beyond repair—for instance, if you’ve had a head crash, it very often is. Or it could just be that the motor has failed or your hard drive is grinding away because of noisy bearings. If you’re hearing strange noises then act very, very quickly—you probably don’t have much time.
Disappearing Data and Disk Errors

Computer won’t let you save a document? Or you’re sure that you had a file on your desktop yesterday that’s nowhere to be seen today? Programs that always worked suddenly stop working, asking where a file it depends on is stored?

These are all potential signs that your hard drive is on its way out. Of course, it could be that your kids moved your files for fun or a virus is eating through them, but disappearing data is never a good sign for your drive if you can rule out those alternative causes.
Your computer stops recognizing your drive

This may seem obvious, but if your computer no longer recognizes your drive chances are there’s a problem with it, not the computer. Test it in a friend’s computer and see if your hard drive is recognized by it.

Often, this will be a logical failure—unless you can hear strange noises that indicate a severe mechanical or head problem.
Computer Crashes

Does your computer regularly blue-screen or suddenly reboot? Does it crash often, especially when booting your operating system? If your computer is crashing, especially at times when the computers is accessing files (such as during the boot sequence), it may indicate a problem with your drive.
Really Slow Access Times

It shouldn’t take half an hour to open a folder in Windows Explorer, or two hours to empty the trash. I’ve come across this problem plenty of times over the years, and it’s always followed by a failing hard drive within a month or two.

If you have this symptom on your computer and your drive does not fail, please uninstall Vista from your 486.

Sound is a great indicator. As soon as the sound changes from the norm, or you get plenty of clicking and grinding from your hard drive, you need to power it down immediately. Get to know the sound of your hard drive while it’s young and in working order, because you’ll need to be able to hear the slightest differences when it gets older.
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-07 12:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-04-07 12:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
How do I know if my hard drive is failing, or if it's a different cause? I'm 99% sure it's my HD, just want to make sure before I buy anything.

Computer can freeze at any time, doesn't matter if it just started up or if it's been on for 12+ hours. It can freeze in safe mode, and when it freezes it doesn't come back. The disk light stops completely, and recently the laptop has failed to start up at all. You can hear the HD move twice, but the screen doesn't light up and you have to press the power button and do it again.
I don't get blue screens, it just stops responding. I don't hear strange clicking noises, just the disk starting up when I boot the laptop. When I was trying to start my laptop earlier it would do the normal start up noises, but the BIOS wouldn't load or anything like that (it's just a black screen). I took 4 or 5 tries until it did.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-07 12:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

bored enough to write a paragraph, blame ina and mag for the idea. you guys think this has enough depth?

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-04-07 12:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I can dig it. So far in just that one paragraph we can get so much of Thomas' personality. I'd say you have something, here.
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-07 12:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-07 12:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thomas the Tank Engine

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-07 13:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My mom ran over a squirrel today >.>; was extremely sad.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-07 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably didn't help that afterwards I was telling her what I'd name a pet squirrel if I could own one. :|

Nutterbutter ftw
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-07 13:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its still up there if she wants more blood :| she'll have to fight the dog missing half his left ear for it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-07 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that's just sick.

>.>
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-07 13:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So are your monkey feet :|
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-07 13:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

AWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHH!
Got woke up this afternoon to go have lunch with my mom and sister!
Free meal ftw!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11104 11105 11106 ... 22710 22711 22712