Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 10949 10950 10951 ... 22722 22723 22724
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 09:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Really goes to show how bad this gen is of games. Specifically RPGs. Persona 4 is a ps2 good (last great rpg gen) and it's much better and much longer lasting than anything new I've played in the last few years.

Almost makes it worth owning a vita for.

Almost,but doesnt

edit: Flavin is here so I better say IMO before he gets his panties in a bunch
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-03-29 09:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

G'mornin
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-29 09:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Ehh after leveling 6 and a half jobs the old way playing every possible role in parties I'm good on that kind of "fun".
I'm glad they introduced abyssea and book grinding... no more waiting for hours for parties or that whm or tank to pop up... no more fighting over that camp spot... Unless you had someone in LS or on vent or something to distract ya it was boring as ***...

Edit: You still have the option of solo/duo/trioing too... as well as starting up your own parties...
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 09:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, starting to hate the fact that I follow food blogs.
Especially when your stomach is growling, and you go to the fridge to see something along these lines.

[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-29 09:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
Ehh after leveling 6 and a half jobs the old way playing every possible role in parties I'm good on that kind of "fun".
I'm glad they introduced abyssea and book grinding... no more waiting for hours for parties or that whm or tank to pop up... no more fighting over that camp spot... Unless you had someone in LS or on vent or something to distract ya it was boring as ***...
The only enjoyable part of old parties was if you had a talkative group. Otherwise it was just 74 levels of playing in a way that would be irrelevant at 75, and 40+ hours to "learn" things that should take you all of 10 minutes. XD
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 09:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Really goes to show how bad this gen is of games. Specifically RPGs. Persona 4 is a ps2 good (last great rpg gen) and it's much better and much longer lasting than anything new I've played in the last few years.

Almost makes it worth owning a vita for.

Almost,but doesnt

I keep telling myself I'd get into the Persona franchise and see what the buzz is about. But I don't even really know how to approach it or where to start.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-29 09:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The only enjoyable part of old parties was if you had a talkative group. Otherwise it was just 74 levels of playing in a way that would be irrelevant at 75, and 40+ hours to "learn" things that should take you all of 10 minutes. XD
The there was "oh the main healer went afk... so that's why the tank died..." then you have no one there to raise them...

One person afking or fake d/cing was always such a hold up...
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 09:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a psp or vita (or ps3 if it can play downloaded psp titles) you can get the first one on the PSN for 10 euro (likely 10 dollars),2 and 3 are on there as well for a bit more. I have persona 2 and 3 on the psp but never fully played them at the times I got them,but they were definitely good. Got P4 when it released on vita and been playing it non stop since. 60 hours in and still have loads to do (take that modern RPGs!) and I recently got P1 from the PSN.But everyone tells me P1 is lacking but 2 onwards are where its at. I wanted P4 back in the day on ps2,but when it was released it was 60 euro for a ps2 game.....in a time where ps3/360 games were 50-55 euro,so no dice

Also,the games are basically unrelated,so you could start at any game
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-29 09:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The there was "oh the main healer went afk... so that's why the tank died..." then you have no one there to raise them...

One person afking or fake d/cing was always such a hold up...
That was my biggest problem with it tbh, lose 1 person and everything grinds to a halt. With Abyssea or book grinds the party keeps going with out 1 person so even if it slows down at least it is still going.
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 09:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a psp or vita (or ps3 if it can play downloaded psp titles) you can get the first one on the PSN for 10 euro (likely 10 dollars),2 and 3 are on there as well for a bit more. I have persona 2 and 3 on the psp but never fully played them at the times I got them,but they were definitely good. Got P4 when it released on vita and been playing it non stop since. 60 hours in and still have loads to do (take that modern RPGs!) and I recently got P1 from the PSN.But everyone tells me P1 is lacking but 2 onwards are where its at. I wanted P4 back in the day on ps2,but when it was released it was 60 euro for a ps2 game.....in a time where ps3/360 games were 50-55 euro,so no dice

I suppose my only concern is breaking sequence of whatever story is being told. Are they inter-connected and imperative to play in sequence, or are they completely separate entities?
Then there's also that vague category of games that fall into some opaque timeline and inter-connected lore but is unimportant as to which you play first. Zelda is the best example of that particular trait.
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 09:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

I suppose my only concern is breaking sequence of whatever story is being told. Are they inter-connected and imperative to play in sequence, or are they completely separate entities?
Then there's also that vague category of games that fall into some opaque timeline and inter-connected lore but is unimportant as to which you play first.

From what I've played of 2/3/4 there are similar gameplay elements,but nothing links the stories together in any way
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-03-29 10:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

-yawn-
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 10:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
-yawn-

Run away!

Elizabeth sucks :<
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 10:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 10:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

By Artemicion 2013-03-29 10:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to undermine artisan hamburgers :(
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 10:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey you americans brought it on yourselves!

There shall be no redemption while I'm around!

Blame zah,she was always on about how great texas is :P
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-29 10:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the word artisan and hamburger makes me want to punch a hipster.
Conveniently it's probably the person who said "artisan hamburger"

-.-
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-29 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was planning to play around with RUN today... seeing the double exp thing coming up sapped that motivation though XD
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 10:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said: »

-.-

I'm sure its like every place anyways. Go there and order,your burger looks nothing like the image
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

Sorry, but beef and bread can have a degree of sophistication.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-29 10:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

I'm sure its like every place anyways. Go there and order,your burger looks nothing like the image
When it comes to food photography 80% of the time you wouldn't want the one in the image anyways.
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 10:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

When it comes to food photography 80% of the time you wouldn't want the one in the image anyways.

How come?

All I know is its so disheartening ordering a burger and it looks like slop compared to their pictures
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 10:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

I recall (at least in advertising) shots used for a particular food product are typically modeled using things that aren't even comprised of what the actual product is or even resembles.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-29 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

That doesn't make it artisan.
It's just someone putting different topping on an item that loaded with toppings. Thats like calling something an artisan pizza.
Quit being hipster.

Honetly....

"Sorry, but beef and bread can have a degree of sophistication."

Really....
I mean honestly.
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 10:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We have this place art,its highly over rated.

http://www.gbk.ie/default.asp
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 10:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

It's just someone putting different topping on an item that loaded with toppings. Thats like calling something an artisan pizza.
Quit being hipster.

Honetly....

Really....
I mean honestly.

I don't see your qualms over it. Honestly.
In this case, breaking out of the typical chain of mass produced garbage.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-29 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

Quit being hipster.

Honetly....

Really....
I mean honestly.
Well if it works the same as bread they could slap artisan on it if it was all made by hand, no artificial ingredients and no preservatives and it would be proper. I would be somewhat doubtful that is the case though..
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 10:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess that makes me an artisan fapper,gamer,and many MANY other things :D
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-29 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Art, you're so hipster it's impossible to explain the logic behind it to you...
First Page 2 3 ... 10949 10950 10951 ... 22722 22723 22724