Rift - So, Who Is Going To Get This?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Rift - So, who is going to get this?
Rift - So, who is going to get this?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-17 14:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Unicorn.Tessy said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Cheshire Cat.

O.o never heard of it, but looks coolish :D

Well i'm off for a night sleep, take care everyone!

Alice in Wonderland! Nighty night.
It's not just from alice in wonderland, but yea, that's what it's most known for.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-17 14:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Unicorn.Tessy said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Cheshire Cat.

O.o never heard of it, but looks coolish :D

Well i'm off for a night sleep, take care everyone!

Alice in Wonderland! Nighty night.
It's not just from alice in wonderland, but yea, that's what it's most known for.

Yar, was just providing a common example. :X
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-17 14:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

updating right now, been playing Aika online (us version) since i quit ffxi, and its been pretty fun, but i had always wanted to try this one.
are there multiple servers, and any reccomendations as to which to go to for the beta?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-17 14:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of servers, yeah. I play on Gnarlwood, but every server is basically the same since it's an open beta.
 Bahamut.Jefant
Server: Bahamut
user: mbm1980
By Bahamut.Jefant 2011-02-17 14:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i have play free to play games that where more fun then rift. think i am going hold out see what tera or guild wars 2 is like
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-17 15:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Don't quote me on this, but if you buy the physical version I think you might be able to directly download the client whenever you want via your Trion Accounts page, (come release of course), after you apply your key or get it flagged for CE status.

Only weird part about it if you opt for a physical copy, you have to send a picture or scan of your proof of purchase to Trion to have your account flagged for CE features because of the nature of game releases, and the fact that retailers aren't going to release it for the Head Start period, but for March 1st. Minor hurdle, and it's pretty impressive that Trion's willing to do the extra paperwork to make it work.
They had a tweet or post at some point in the last hour talking about how the headstart will work. I'm not sure on the details myself. Apparently when you purchase it you get a code. That code will probably let you download the client.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-17 15:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the head start is linked to preordering, not the CE. Preorder code comes on your receipt.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-17 15:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

46mins left on the patch ._.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: izzlet
By Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia 2011-02-17 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not having any friends interested in the game is like the only thing holding me back. :\ Everyone I know who plays MMOs is already happy with WoW/FFXI/etc, or holding out for FFXIV to get better.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-17 15:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

im basically waiting on ffxiv (which may not be as long a wait since i may be getting a new desktop that can handle it soon), so right now i'm mostly playing f2p mmos (i got tired of playing xi) to bridge the gap

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-17 15:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i never touch 2D f2p mmos. never ever

EDIT:
didnt want to double post

it finished patching and i picked a methosian rogue, right now i have blade dancer/riftstalker lvl5

gotta say its... interesting, pretty confusing at first, theres still a few things i dont understand
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-02-17 20:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on deepstrike. ya i was on last night when the damn servers went out.
By Bluban 2011-02-17 20:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
im basically waiting on ffxiv (which may not be as long a wait since i may be getting a new desktop that can handle it soon), so right now i'm mostly playing f2p mmos (i got tired of playing xi) to bridge the gap

Waiting for what?........The PS3 version...don't hold your breath the game is so bad on really good PC the PS3 or 360 could never handle it!It's the worst full release MMO/RPG i ever played and i played just about all!FFXIV is not only one of the worst coded games as far as online functionality it has major design flaws like no Auction House to start.I will try FFXIV again if they set up and ah,but i have a gaming rig and got blue screened alot and i haven't been blue screen in over 10 years on a reg PC never mind a gaming rig(none of my friends that went to FFXIV are playing it and alot quiting gaming altogether)! As for Rift it's really fun by far the most fun i've had in any MMO/RPG in years and i still have my FFXI characters active i just moved them from Shiva to Leviathan which is a 100% more active server!The Rift runs better in beta then most games long after release and you dont need a gaming rig to play it.I wish SE wakes up and fixes FFXIV I have 2 characters there an 18 Roeg Maruader and 18 Hyar Conjuoror from first 4 weeks.

I'm not holding my breath on FFXIV being not only better online wise,but game design.It is the best looking MMO i ever saw though too bad it's a complete flop!Try Rift it really is fun and looks better then anything except FFXIV.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-17 21:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bluban said:
blah blah

heard that plenty of times before, from the gameplay i've seen (been keeping up with EndlessNerd's LP series) i like it, as for AH, the new search feature on the wards seems plenty fine to me.

i picked gnarlwood, anyone on there playing right now?

gotten to lvl 9 so far, for my third soul i went with nightblade, so im blade dancer/riftstalker/nightblade. i really love the combo so far, its really fun (especially using shadow shift whenever its ready).

the rift battles are pretty cool too, along with the public party system for the fights.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-18 06:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit level 15 last night. Yeah, the rift battles are fun. Especially the HUGE ones. It's rough keeping people of varying levels alive against some of these enemies. I'm glad that I haven't run into any mana issues yet. It's allowed me to gear my soul tree towards offense.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-18 06:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
How much is it per month?
http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/subscriptions.php

* Monthly
* $14.99 /month
* $14.99

* 3-Month
* $11.99 /month
* $35.97

* 6-Month
* $9.99 /month
* $59.94

I have to make one correction. These are the sub prices for FOUNDERS (cut off is 3/15). Add $1 to the 3-month and 6-month plan for the normal sub prices.

(Yes, the link shows the distinction, but not everyone is going to bother with it.)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

By Petrah 2011-02-18 11:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this another Guild Wars? Cuz there has not been anything like FFXI out there in a while... Does ne 1 even play Guild Wars ne more?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but Guild Wars was awesome back in its day, hoping enough people will play Guild Wars 2 from here to make a cool guild.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Petrah said:
Is this another Guild Wars? Cuz there has not been anything like FFXI out there in a while... Does ne 1 even play Guild Wars ne more?
not like guildwars, i play guildwars once a year.
game is more like Warhammer Online mixed with Dark Age of Camelot with some things from WoW
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-18 11:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The zone-wide juggernaut clusterfuck invasion get my adrenaline up every time. Rifts every 5 steps, hulking elite bosses roving everywhere, invasions flooding settlements... I don't think I've ever seen one successfully completed. But that's perfectly fine, cause after you lose you're charged with reclaiming the zone from the invaders and assaulting their footholds and major stronghold. So awesome, and that Trion has already said that they can develop new and varied events like these and then some for monthly and bi-weekly content patches really has me excited.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How's the lag? Improving? Because the one beta I played was horribly laggy (in terms of network)
By Petrah 2011-02-18 11:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure looks purdy! but we all said that about FFXIV... hope it doesn't tank <cough Conan cough>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-18 11:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They've opened a lot more ports to help internet issues, I think the only remaining issue worldwide is with BT internet services or something. It's in the UK I think so I don't know who they are personally, but if you're with them you might have problems for the time being. They classify RIFT as a P2P service. :\
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
The zone-wide juggernaut clusterfuck invasion get my adrenaline up every time. Rifts every 5 steps, hulking elite bosses roving everywhere, invasions flooding settlements... I don't think I've ever seen one successfully completed. But that's perfectly fine, cause after you lose you're charged with reclaiming the zone from the invaders and assaulting their footholds and major stronghold. So awesome, and that Trion has already said that they can develop new and varied events like these and then some for monthly and bi-weekly content patches really has me excited.
dayblind server usually beats all the invasions. last beta we had our invasions glitched to where 10 invasions happened in a row. ended up in the entire server splitting up. one giant mass to kill rifts, other giant mass to kill the invasion groups
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-02-18 11:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Petrah said:
game is more like Warhammer Online mixed with Dark Age of Camelot with some things from WoW
The UI looks very WoW but the detailed landscaping and style of architecture looks very GW. I wouldn't say it looks just like GW though although to be completely honest I always loved GW's game play and would be perfectly fine with a massive format of it. Although this game does look interesting.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
They've opened a lot more ports to help internet issues, I think the only remaining issue worldwide is with BT internet services or something. It's in the UK I think so I don't know who they are personally, but if you're with them you might have problems for the time being. They classify RIFT as a P2P service. :\

Lol that's my ISP >.>

Oh well, once it's sorted I think I'll look into it, I really enjoyed the beta even with the lag.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Petrah said:
The UI looks very WoW but the detailed landscaping and style of architecture looks very GW. I wouldn't say it looks just like GW though although to be completely honest I always loved GW's game play and would be perfectly fine with a massive format of it. Although this game does look interesting.

Guild Wars 2 yo.

Looking to be the best MMO of multiple years, and it's got no subscription model.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8